Moparts

AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals

Posted By: B G Racing

AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 12:42 PM

Congratulations to AJ for an outstanding performance at Beaver Springs Hemi Shoot out and Nostalgia SS this weekend.AJ went to the finals in the hemi race and won the Nostalgia/SS race.We all had a great weekend.Thanks AJ
Posted By: tboomer

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 12:46 PM

Great job,AJ!!!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 01:37 PM

AJ thinks he's drivin' a lawnmower!!
Posted By: Dave@BGR

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 01:40 PM

Nice job AJ!!!

Here are a few pics of AJ from this weekend.

Posted By: Eric

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 01:58 PM

Very nice!!!!

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 02:21 PM

With a dialed in car and 00/000 driver it's a hard combo to beat.It was great seeing the 65 back to it's glory days.We are honored to have AJ representing BGR and his professional and courtious personality reminds us of Curt.We thank the entire Casini family for delivering a great weekend.
We had a great time with the Benham Motorsports crew, Don,Eric,and Dave going rounds also and enjoyed the company of the McCellands,Reasbecks,Roles and others who put on a great show.We got to meet old friends and made many new ones throughout the weekend.The heavy rains did not deterr anyones enthusiasm an as Beaver Bob put it so politely"there is no rain checks,we're racing".
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 02:25 PM

I have never been to one of these events, how many Hemi cars show up., and how many NSS cars?

AJ seems like a great guy.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 03:08 PM

Quote:

With a dialed in car and 00/000 driver it's a hard combo to beat.It was great seeing the 65 back to it's glory days.We are honored to have AJ representing BGR and his professional and courtious personality reminds us of Curt.We thank the entire Casini family for delivering a great weekend.
We had a great time with the Benham Motorsports crew, Don,Eric,and Dave going rounds also and enjoyed the company of the McCellands,Reasbecks,Roles and others who put on a great show.We got to meet old friends and made many new ones throughout the weekend.The heavy rains did not deterr anyones enthusiasm an as Beaver Bob put it so politely"there is no rain checks,we're racing". [/quote ]

Very nice and congrats to AJ and the BGR team

Thats the way to run a race -----

Russ
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 03:13 PM

Congrats to AJ and BGR

Hope to see you at Quaker City
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 03:30 PM

Winners circle shots....

Another tough field, the field was smaller this year, but still very tough. Thirty eight NSS cars made the first round, down from 53 last year, and over 60 the year before. But, it rained all day Friday and Saturday, and was 90+ degrees Sunday, it was brutal. I had some health issues, but with the heat this old guy was not upset I had to sit this one out.

AJ did a good job...he defeated Barry Donnelly, Dave Collette in the Sox & Martin tribute car in a fabulous race, and got through the semis that included Bob Roles "Slammin' Savoy" and Bob Fort's "Jersey Duke" Jack Werst recreation. Tough, tough field.

Attached picture 7777200-AJCasiniwinnerscircleBSD.jpg
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 04:25 PM

Atta Boy AJ!
Posted By: Frito

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 04:41 PM

Congrats!!! Love that 65, and not a better bunch out there than BGR.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 04:52 PM

Thank you all for the kind words. It was an awesome weekend. Anytime you get to go to the track and spend time with family and friends its great.

The 65 was running great all weekend and I had a blast putting 14 laps the ole girl. It felt great to put the 65 back in the winners circle. I want to thank Bob got giving me the opportunity to drive the car this year. It is an honor and I am glad that I could bring this win home for him.

I also need to thank my wife Brianna, daughter Addison, Mom Carol and Dad Tony for sticking with me this weekend and watching every round despite the heat.

Posted By: Dartin

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 05:05 PM

Way to go!!!

Randy
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 05:21 PM

Good job, AJ. You are definitely one exceptional driver!

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 05:42 PM

Here are a few more BGR pics from the weekend.

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 05:47 PM

Great shots,Thank to Roman Selby

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 05:53 PM

Here's Roman looking all official with his headset on!!! I'll have to give it to him.....he did a nice job on the starting line and taking pictures. Thanks Roman!

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 06:15 PM

Quote:

Here's Roman looking all official with his headset on!!! I'll have to give it to him.....he did a nice job on the starting line and taking pictures. Thanks Roman!

Roman is the "man" in the BGR camp.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 06:19 PM

great job AJ good to see you in the winners circle,,,,one quick question,,where is Beaver Springs, thats a nice looking place, need to put it on my bucket list as a new place to try.
Posted By: CRT

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/15/13 06:24 PM

Congrats AJ
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 01:17 AM

Congratulations AJ!! A great racer combined with a top notch team like BGR is unstoppable. Keep up the good work. Hope your feeling better Bob.
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 01:17 AM

Congratulation AJ! I'm pretty sure you could put a golf cart in the winner circle!
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 01:41 AM

great job aj, love watching you race, many a lesson to learn from watching a great driver
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 01:44 AM

nice job, congrats
Posted By: Dads426

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 02:44 AM

Congrats AJ. Wish we could have made it, but it is a 3-1/2 hour tow on a Sunday with a Monday morning early wake-up
Posted By: dvw

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 02:58 AM

Boy, didn't take that combo long to click. I would have never guessed, lol
Doug
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 04:25 AM

For anyone in the greater Pennsylvania Region who has never attended this race shame shame. its a must.

Rain and gray skies Friday night well into Saturday morning delayed but didn't stop the HEMI Shootout & Test n Tune. Sunday no rain, but a high heat index probably kept the car count down like the rain did Saturday. Overall, considering the weather it was still a real good turn out for both days. Congrats to AJ for his HEMI Shootout runner-up Saturday and NSS Champion on Sunday.

Mopars were well represented with just 1 Ford and zero Chevys left in the NSS Semi finals. If I may quote Beaver Bob...."WOW are the mopars dominating this event or what! Are they still making these things in Detroit somewhere because they just keep coming!"

Great seeing everyone and cant wait til year.
Doug

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 05:30 AM

Can someone post the ladder for the HEMI shootout??I'm real sorry I couldn't attend due to other commitments.I did try to to Quarter Aces Friday,but the event was called due to rain

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 08:38 PM

Quote:

Can someone post the ladder for the HEMI shootout??I'm real sorry I couldn't attend due to other commitments.I did try to to Quarter Aces Friday,but the event was called due to rain

And why do you ask"Grasshopper"? Looking for something in particular?
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/16/13 11:17 PM

Congrats AJ and Bob George Racing!
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/17/13 01:50 PM

Quote:

great job AJ good to see you in the winners circle,,,,one quick question,,where is Beaver Springs, thats a nice looking place, need to put it on my bucket list as a new place to try.

BSD is a bit west/northwest of Harrisburg. Their site is http://beaversprings.com/

Congrats to my pal AJ! Also on the BSD site, is coverage from the weekend, pretty cool seeing this as a headline:

CASINI WINS SUPER STOCK
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/17/13 01:55 PM

And there are awesome pics on this site from the weekend:

http://www.tdspeedshotz.com/

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/19/13 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And why do you ask"Grasshopper"? Looking for something in particular?

Of course Bob

I heard the "red eye" monster was hard at work
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/19/13 09:05 PM

I know the "oil down" monster made an appearance!

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/20/13 01:51 AM

Quote:

I know the "oil down" monster made an appearance!

Who blewed up??
Posted By: 68HEMIRR

Re: AJ Casini big weekend at Nostalgia Nationals - 07/20/13 02:08 AM

Congrats AJ and Bob George Racing!
© 2024 Moparts Forums