Moparts

Hemi 5.7 to a duster

Posted By: robnbird

Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 07:10 PM

do you know who might make a wiring harness or have a wiring schematic to put a 5.7 Hemi into a Duster. Or have you put a 5.7 Hemi into a 70' mopar
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 10:20 PM

Maybe we need to have a new page just for late Mag and Hemi swaps?

MODS?

R.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 10:27 PM

there is a section for Gen3 hemi conversions over on FABO i think answers to most topics regarding these swaps can be found over there if you do alitle digging.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 10:29 PM

But we keep getting them here at Moparts!

R.
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 10:39 PM

Quote:

there is a section for Gen3 hemi conversions over on FABO i think answers to most topics regarding these swaps can be found over there if you do alitle digging.

Muchas Gracias senor
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 10:43 PM

Below is a Google link to all the topics on Moparts containing "3rd gen";
-> Mopars Google-function

Enjoy!
Posted By: blown71duster

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/09/13 11:11 PM

You could contact Dave or Chris at Modern Muscle or Hotwire, they can sell you a wiring harness that is plug and play with stock ecm.
You will have to change the oil pan, TTI mounts, TTI headers with a manual box or you can change to a Borgeson Power steering box, TTI now making headers to fit that box.
Need a special flex plate to bolt up to a small block auto trans or modern manual or auto.
Will need to fab up an efi fuel system , in tank works the best with a corvette style fuel filter.
3g Style radiator with inlet and outlets on passenger side
Assuming you are running a manual gearbox and 727 auto, expect cost to be around $3500+ for items listed .
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/10/13 05:06 AM

now throw some turbos on it and really pull to the stripe.......
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/10/13 05:34 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/favl...amp;postmarker= here's mine, granted it's is crate motor with all the wiring/comps to go with it, but it shows the other problems, GDemon has done a couple few, contact him. It's not too bad but well worth it.

-Daty
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/10/13 06:09 PM

http://www.3gduster.com/

Look for "uhcoog1" on here.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 07/11/13 03:38 AM

Quote:

You could contact Dave or Chris at Modern Muscle or Hotwire, they can sell you a wiring harness that is plug and play with stock .

Yep call Modern Muscle. I bought a 5.7 harness/engine managment system for my 55 Dodge truck project from them. Great support and service. The harness is actually built by Hot Wire. You could also give Chris at Hot Wire a call, he will answer all your questions.
Posted By: jrlegacy23

Re: Hemi 5.7 to a duster - 08/21/13 03:08 AM

I got mine at Hotwireauto.com. Chris Squiers makes the complete wiring harness to retrofit a Gen III Hemi and a programmed computer.
© 2024 Moparts Forums