Moparts

Coil over shocks whats best?

Posted By: sixpacksteve

Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/07/13 10:47 PM

i have a 68 dart(race) ladder bar suspension,increased my hp. twisted my axles, installed new dr. diff set up. r/rear shock collapsed.
what would be the best shocks to use and who?
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/07/13 10:51 PM

The best? I hear Santuff is the best. Hang on to your wallet, though. What kind of ET's are you running?
Posted By: sixpacksteve

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/07/13 10:59 PM

low 10's
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 12:00 AM

The best? Santhuffs. You get what you pay for. If you have no aspirations of going faster in the near future dbbl adjustable strange will work fine.
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 12:38 AM

Penske makes a great coilover. call Randy at Fastshocks. Good service and price. 612-306-5387
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 02:04 AM

santhuffs ftw.
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 03:32 AM

yes, the santuffs are way up there as being the best. koni double adj's were great for many years and still are nice. for what your doing, I wouldn't 2nd guess them. I use them and work great on my 8.50 car and I also use the Penske's on the 9.30 car. shop around on price, summit wants too much. I think tim mcammis race cars are around 399.00 ea.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 03:49 AM

Quote:

The best? Santhuffs. You get what you pay for. If you have no aspirations of going faster in the near future dbbl adjustable strange will work fine.

u run those santhuffs on your dArt?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 03:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why Yes, How could you tell somebody what to use if you don't have first hand experience?
Posted By: LA360

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 07:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why Yes, How could you tell somebody what to use if you don't have first hand experience?

Plenty of people still do!
Posted By: dvw

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 08:35 AM

I use double adjustable Koni's on my Belvedere. The car would hook in a mud puddle. However I don't run nitrous or boost. It's gone 9.30 with a 10.5x31
Doug
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 03:20 PM

I just went through the same thing, Broke my 8 3/4, went to the dana and first time with coil overs, Was reccomende QA1 single adjustable shocks with 130 springs. My 60 foot times were all over the place before now it stays between 1.38 & 1.40 and hooks much better. Mine runs bottom tens like yours and i can't see any reason to buy Better or More expensive shocks at that ET.

Attached picture 7769404-DSCN0386.JPG
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 04:08 PM

I have a set of santuffs on my car now and can tell a big difference from the afco's I had on it.
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/08/13 04:22 PM

I personally like Afco. I have used them and also have a great working relationship with them. I also think that if you have the money the Penske is with out a doubt the best shock out there. But I can't justify the money they ask for them when I see plenty of cars of the same caliber with and afco or a strange. For the cost to benefit ratio I will buy and Afco any day of the week.
Posted By: 2QUICK4U

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 12:44 AM

I agree with bjs.i use them on my Daytona and im in the high 7 range.these are a great shock.they have a finer tuning adjustments.i got a complete rebuilt set of double adjustable afcos, with coil springs in parts for sale section.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 01:39 AM

Competition engineering and a pointy pinion snubber...:). Santuff FTW.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 01:51 AM

For a ladder bar car you need lots of control on the
extension... I put Strange on my ladder bar Rampge
Posted By: RT540

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 06:52 AM

I have Santhuff, but never been to the track yet.
They where recently rebuilt by Santhuff with a protocol.

Posted By: Dyno Donnie

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 11:38 AM

Strange double adj rear for me. Strange single adj front
Works for me.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/09/13 01:47 PM

Quote:

I have a set of santuffs on my car now and can tell a big difference from the afco's I had on it.

Do tell... I have Afco DAs on all 4 corners now (last set on rears were to short) once I get my suspension sorted out curious if worth the money to upgrade...
Posted By: racerx

Re: Coil over shocks whats best? - 07/10/13 02:46 AM

I have a set of the Varishocks singles adj. on the the rear with the chris alston ladder bar kit so far so good car has been 1.28's I'm considering a set of their front singles ,my car will probably never see anything faster than a low 9 so i see no need for the big $$$ shocks
© 2024 Moparts Forums