Moparts

MMW Indy 2013 updates

Posted By: demongup

MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 04:04 PM

I'll post as much info as I get , I will update 10.5 , pls post any results u hear on any of the classes .

N20 monster is on the way with his son Joey ... about 3 hrs out

Georgia boys in the house
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 04:24 PM

'Sup Gup? Good luck. Put it on the bumper !!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 06:57 PM

Been there done that ..., but that's going to b in my X275 build thread lol

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 06:59 PM

Silverfish tow rig broke down and had a 4 hr fuel line repair . He's back on the road 2hrs out from Indy .
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 07:12 PM

There is a 10.5 race both Sat and Sun?

Casey

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 07:55 PM

Fri qualify sat race . No heads up 10.5 sun

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 09:09 PM

Gotcha, thanks

Casey
Posted By: silverfish

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 09:25 PM

We made here but so did the rain. Haven't even gotten to make a pass yet because of rain.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 09:42 PM

Quote:

We made here but so did the rain. Haven't even gotten to make a pass yet because of rain.

Glad top hear you guys made it there, along with the
others... bummer you have rain
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 09:58 PM

Their weather forecast looks as bad as ours does. So far PRP rained out Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday's race looks iffy too.
Indy's weekend forecast.
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Indianapolis+IN+USIN0305:1:US
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 10:01 PM

Heading over early in the morning for 10.5
Posted By: sam64

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/28/13 11:05 PM

First rd of gambler race I had a clear 11.07 in 2 places on car on correct side,water box guy even steps over to look at it,I couldn't,t see the dail on the score board but it was 7.07.i couldn't figure why thr other guy dialed 10.49 left first until he told me what happened.argh!
Posted By: POZEST

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 12:54 AM

Box gamblers. Steve Sliger over Ron Stayer.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 02:09 AM

Bird 550,570 with no fires out of the scoop
Clinton 5.48 n/a bb wedge /68dart
Tony ,n20 monster 5.43 bb on spray
Garry robbins Silver fish 5.04 on the snot sitting on the pole .... And liking it lol

I know there's more cars there but that's all I got

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 02:31 AM

Bill may , small block , n20 . Made a motor pass 6.20
Posted By: wldtm

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 02:54 AM

thanks for the updates!
Posted By: nssracer1

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 07:54 PM

Raining hard...plug has been pulled for Saturday.
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/29/13 07:55 PM

Quote:

First rd of gambler race I had a clear 11.07 in 2 places on car on correct side,water box guy even steps over to look at it,I couldn't,t see the dail on the score board but it was 7.07.i couldn't figure why thr other guy dialed 10.49 left first until he told me what happened.argh!

Yup, I could read your 11.07 from nearly the top row of the stands...clear as day...that sucks.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/30/13 01:18 AM

Drove over for an expensive car wash
Got the car out---got all wet---they called it
About 2pm-loaded up and headed back home
I only live 2 hrs away.
I hope josh posts on here about refunds or
Something
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 06/30/13 01:45 AM

We also headed out today. Bummer about the weather. Appreciate Josh's efforts, we will be at Norwalk to show our support .

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/01/13 03:38 AM

We nearly got all the races done on Sunday. I was in the final in sportsman when the rain finally came and ended it....it was a GOOD day!!
Posted By: cgall

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/01/13 01:14 PM

Post deleted by cgall
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/01/13 02:22 PM

So did they get any more 10.5 racing in? Did bill may make any spray passes?
Posted By: fishy340

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/01/13 02:57 PM

I guess Gary's fish was the best et of the weekend.Good job

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/01/13 03:28 PM

We just split the winner and runner-up money for the Sunday race. I'm not sure what Josh is going to do for the Saturday race that was rained out...I'm hoping he will post something soon about Saturday.

Now I have a new dilemma, because the Norwalk Monster Mopar race is on the same weekend as the Division 3 Finals race at Indy....I'm tied for 1st in points in the Monster Mopar series, and I'll probably make the division finals team for Indy (unless I suddenly start to suck at driving )....I don't know what I'm going to do.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/01/13 11:07 PM

Post deleted by cgall

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 12:09 AM

Quote:

Interesting...wait and see where our other $75 goes.i scratched indy off the map when I got back to Oklahoma,two years of rain=no more for me.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 02:33 PM

Sam it was good to meet you, did you come back to the track Sunday or head home?
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 02:43 PM

I was one of three left in Pro. We split the money for Sunday's purse. I'm not worried about the Saturday race money,Josh always takes care of things well.
And no,I wouldn't feel different if I hadn't won money.
As soon as I got up and around Sunday I started hearing rumors about how Josh was screwing everyone . Just like any other subject,you cant make everyone happy no matter how hard you try.
Keith

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 02:51 PM

Quote:

..... I'm not worried about the Saturday race money,Josh always takes care of things well.
And no,I wouldn't feel different if I hadn't won money......

I was there 2 years ago when the rain hit after the first round, he took care the racers then too.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 03:00 PM

Quote:

Sam it was good to meet you, did you come back to the track Sunday or head home?

sprinkling when I was leaving motel so I just headed west.was good to meet you and several other members,may try to go to Norwalk.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/02/13 05:22 PM

i guess some didn't know the KOS/10.5 race was both sat.and sun. with qualifying on fri.think there was 11 car's and first round sunday there was 3 bye run's .
Posted By: 69dart

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/03/13 02:26 AM

We had a frustrating weekend at the Indy MMW - broke the planetary gearset in the tranny at 7 cars on Friday night and of course left the spare in Ohio. Luckily my buddy was gracious enough to bring it over while I worked on pulling it. We thrashed most of the night and next morning only to rain-out around 3:30 on Saturday. Then the sun came out and it was gorgeous the rest of day. To be fair the radar looked horrible when they cancelled.

Sunday wasnt much better as I hogged up the stripe 1st round of Pro and then had the radiator cap shake loose during the 2nd round of S/Pro and spun .06. I was thankful to find just the radiator cap loose and not a broken engine.

I'm curious how the Saturday rainout will be handled as well since I had double entries (Pro & S/Pro and bought 2 extra weekend spectator entries for my buddy that brought my spare tranny.

I'm thankful to the promoters and enjoyed the event overall but it sure would have been nice to have a little luck on my side. I think I'm going to hide in the basement and play xbox this weekend.

I cannot believe how rough the roads in Indiana are

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/09/13 08:39 PM

Post deleted by cgall
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/09/13 10:11 PM

Uh Charlie, vacation didn't seem to mellow you out?

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/09/13 11:45 PM

Post deleted by cgall
Posted By: joshking440

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 12:17 AM

Awfully demanding

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 08:31 AM

Wow....
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 03:16 PM

Well,for what it's worth the entry fee was only a small cost as compared to the total cost of the entire trip.Josh usually steps up for the racers and I don't think he will be any different this year.We consider any unused entry or entry in general to be our donation to the sport and hope it keeps Josh from going under.We will write our donation off just like we do for the Humane Society,Cancer Society and other worthy causes.We have lost too many events and we know that the dollars spent by a lot of racers is hard earned and understand that expenses wasted on rainouts may be the difference as to weather they can afford the next event.To look at it in a logical sence,it was money that was going to be spent for a given weekend and the possibility of recovering any through winning is a long shot.Though the event was plegued with rain we made the best of it.We got parts from venders,seen some nice show cars,found parts at the swap meet,raced a little and got to see our friends.We can't put a price on the seeing our friends part of the weekend.Josh we are not wanting any refund,you can use our's to help others or consider it our part of helping your next event.
Respectfully
Bob.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 03:48 PM

I agree with Bob and I see why people do quit having events also... Someday I will get a chance to go to one of Josh's events and when I go it will be for fun only no matter what happens and just time away from the normal life routine. Keep up the good work Josh! If you had the BEST event possible and everything worked out someone is still gonna be mad about something.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 03:53 PM

Good post Bob I am sure josh will make this right he always has.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 04:33 PM

I agree with Bob 100%. The Fall race last year, the "Free Race" was paid out to the winners of round 1 because there was not enought time to finish it. I was one of the "payees". The payout was 20 dollars. Not to pat myself on the back but I proptly went and gave it back to Josh. It was a "free race" i didnt see where I deserved the money. If 20 bucks makes the difference between me racing or not, I need to find a different hobby. As for the Indy race, Josh whatever you decide to do is good with me. If you decide to payout something keep mine and roll it over into the next event. See you in Norwalk!!
Posted By: 69dart

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 05:32 PM

I assumed the purse would be doubled-up on Sunday and be done with it so I was surprised to see this even come up.

One easy compromise would be to change the MMW Norwalk Friday Gamblers race over to a regular points race make-up with Free Entry to those that attended Indy and open it up for any new entries that will be at Norwalk.

Seems like a WIN/WIN to me as long as Mother Nature co-operates.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 05:59 PM

Quote:

If 20 bucks makes the difference between me racing or not, I need to find a different hobby.

yup! if someone is rolling change to get to an event they probably shouldn't be going anyways.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 06:04 PM

I'am glad some people see the point I'am trying to make.Don't think in anyway I'am dismissing anyone's concerns about what they get for their money and hope they will be treated fairly buy the event promoter.Keep in mind that there were other things that you got for your entry fee beside the race.
Car show
Swap meet
Slippery Noodle
Free lunch
Manufactures
Free car and trailer washes(rain)
We even got to race(a little)
The event host and crew were quite gracious under the circumstances and gave it an honest effort.My only disappointment was the calling of the race Sat to early as the late afternoon and evening turned out to be suitable for racing.I completely understand why since the forecast was for heavy rain.I want to be a weatherman in my next life and job.Where else can you be totally wrong and still get a paycheck.Meteorologist my AZZ
Posted By: dartman366

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 06:14 PM

Regardless of what Josh decides to do, I will be at Norwalk in Sept,,even if they have to wheel me in in a wheelborrow.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 06:32 PM

Quote:

I'am glad some people see the point I'am trying to make.Don't think in anyway I'am dismissing anyone's concerns about what they get for their money and hope they will be treated fairly buy the event promoter.Keep in mind that there were other things that you got for your entry fee beside the race.
Car show
Swap meet
Slippery Noodle
Free lunch
Manufactures
Free car and trailer washes(rain)
We even got to race(a little)
The event host and crew were quite gracious under the circumstances and gave it an honest effort.My only disappointment was the calling of the race Sat to early as the late afternoon and evening turned out to be suitable for racing.I completely understand why since the forecast was for heavy rain.I want to be a weatherman in my next life and job.Where else can you be totally wrong and still get a paycheck.Meteorologist my AZZ

Right on Bob

And yes the race was called to early. Even though it looked bad the decision should not have been made until the last possible chance of it clearing up and getting the track ready for racing. If it would take 2 hours to dry the track then the decision should have been made later in the day and still leave time to finish the race. Maybe a good guess would have been by 5:00pm and if possible dry the track and be racing by 7:00pm and could be finished by midnight I just suggest that there should be a time allotment made for each track depending on dry up time required and time left to finish the race.

See ya all at Norwalk

Russ

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 06:33 PM

Quote:

Regardless of what Josh decides to do, I will be at Norwalk in Sept,,even if they have to wheel me in in a wheelborrow.

That would be Chad's job

Russ

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/10/13 08:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be Chad's job

We will be there to support the event.We know it's Josh's call but like at other venues when the situation came up,the promoter or track mananger would call a meeting of representatives from each respective class designated by the racers and get imput on either to call the race or not.Then everyone would know what action was taken and no one could beitch.At that time a clarification of rain checks or reschudle or what ever can be decided and understood by all.
We had a similar issue at a track that many traveled long distances to attend.The track owner called the race early afternoon,a group of us met with him and explaned that we were willing to wait it out.After a few long hours of entertaining ourselves with golfcart races,bench racing,story telling and gathering for cook outs the weather cleared,the track dried and we resumed racing long into the night.The track made money(no rain checks) and food shacks ran out of food supplies.No racer or spectator left and inspite of the weather we all had a great time.Did I mention the "mud wrestling and wet teeshirt contest"? A pig won the mud wrestling and HemiFred lost the cart race to me and Ron McCelland but Fred did win the wet teeshirt contest beating out Chris Baum AKA Superstockracer
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 01:19 AM

Quote:

Well,for what it's worth the entry fee was only a small cost as compared to the total cost of the entire trip.Josh usually steps up for the racers and I don't think he will be any different this year.We consider any unused entry or entry in general to be our donation to the sport and hope it keeps Josh from going under.We will write our donation off just like we do for the Humane Society,Cancer Society and other worthy causes.We have lost too many events and we know that the dollars spent by a lot of racers is hard earned and understand that expenses wasted on rainouts may be the difference as to weather they can afford the next event.To look at it in a logical sence,it was money that was going to be spent for a given weekend and the possibility of recovering any through winning is a long shot.Though the event was plegued with rain we made the best of it.We got parts from venders,seen some nice show cars,found parts at the swap meet,raced a little and got to see our friends.We can't put a price on the seeing our friends part of the weekend.Josh we are not wanting any refund,you can use our's to help others or consider it our part of helping your next event.
Respectfully
Bob.

I don't have a dog (or car) in this fight, but that was one of THE MOST intelligent and CORRECT SPOT ON POSTS ever!

Don't nickel and dime this guy and be lucky for the Mopar race events you all have "back there". Us here on the left coast are envious. Especially if you're a 10 hour tow to the MATS like we are...thus why we don't go!
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 01:59 AM

I agree with Bob George, We have not raced a MMW race yet, However, we do plan on attending and supporting the MMW at Norwalk. It is the gamble you have to take when you race, you never know when it will rain and the race will be called, We went one season where it rained every race. Josh is doing a good job from what I am seeing and hearing, too Josh
Posted By: dvw

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 08:09 AM

I for one would just like an answer.
Doug
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 10:29 AM

I believe Indy has a curfew in place 11.00 pm .
So it looked good after the call to cancel ,but as many their saw it was spotty and everywhere .The forecast for Sunday was to be worse and got 90 % completed .
racers ,vendors ,show cars, swap meet peeps,and the promoter all lose or win with a the potential forecast .

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 11:06 AM

Quote:

I for one would just like an answer.
Doug

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/11/13 07:58 PM

I agree that the questions need to be addressed so that those effected will know what to expect if anything for the next race.No answers sends the wrong message.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 07:29 AM

Quote:

And yes the race was called to early. Even though it looked bad the decision should not have been made until the last possible chance of it clearing up and getting the track ready for racing. If it would take 2 hours to dry the track then the decision should have been made later in the day and still leave time to finish the race. Maybe a good guess would have been by 5:00pm and if possible dry the track and be racing by 7:00pm and could be finished by midnight I just suggest that there should be a time allotment made for each track depending on dry up time required and time left to finish the race.

See ya all at Norwalk

Russ

Let's just clear this up now. Saturday morning the track crew was having a very difficult time getting the top end of the track dry because water kept pushing up through it. They wanted me to make Saturday an 1/8 mile race which I was not willing to do.

Then it started raining for real, and it was still raining at 3pm. With the heavy cloud cover, cool temps, and no wind, it was going to take 3 hours to have the track ready. At that point we could not have gotten the race done by the midnight curfew. Cancelling the Saturday race sucks for us too, but it was the right call.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 12:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

See ya all at Norwalk

Russ

Let's just clear this up now. Saturday morning the track crew was having a very difficult time getting the top end of the track dry because water kept pushing up through it. They wanted me to make Saturday an 1/8 mile race which I was not willing to do.

Then it started raining for real, and it was still raining at 3pm. With the heavy cloud cover, cool temps, and no wind, it was going to take 3 hours to have the track ready. At that point we could not have gotten the race done by the midnight curfew. Cancelling the Saturday race sucks for us too, but it was the right call.

1/8 mile would have been better than sitting for hours in our trailers.Who are "they" and did you make this decision on your own?
For what ever it's worth it doesn't matter since this race is in the history books and nothing will change.Someone needs to clarify what is being done for the racers that want to know if they have anything due them.A simple answer like here's what we will do or no we are not doing anything.Like I said,no answer sends the wrong message.We openly stated our take on the situation but we don't speak for those who still have questions and want an answer.To be respectful "They" should respond,sooner than later would be best.To drag it out is only pissing some people off.We are all big boys and can handle the answer(good or bad) so we can move on.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 01:56 PM

IN ON 1--- ---with bobs last statement. we would like to know whats going on--so i can plan the rest of my summer racing.
i will say---what "they" have to say about the race (refund or credits) will GREATLY help me decide on going to norwalk.
i hope josh would at least post something--even if its just letting us know---HE IS WORKING ON THIS SITUATION,that would be nice

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 02:27 PM

Quote:

IN ON 1--- ---with bobs last statement. we would like to know whats going on--so i can plan the rest of my summer racing.
i will say---what "they" have to say about the race (refund or credits) will GREATLY help me decide on going to norwalk.
i hope josh would at least post something--even if its just letting us know---HE IS WORKING ON THIS SITUATION,that would be nice

Well to give Josh credit he did post on this thread..........

From Tuesday -------------------
Awfully demanding

Edited by joshking440 (Tue Jul 09 2013 07:19 PM)

so take that

Russ
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 03:54 PM

I would of been a happy camper to race 1/8 mile ! I will never understand why we would not run 1/8 mile. No good reason for that
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 03:58 PM

Quote:

Respectfully
Bob.

Every time BG posts something like this, I gain even more respect for him. BG for president! And I thought he was just a dumb/selfish racer. (JUST KIDDING)

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Respectfully
Bob.

Every time BG posts something like this, I gain even more respect for him. BG for president! And I thought he was just a dump/selfish racer. (JUST KIDDING)

He's got my vote!!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/12/13 06:42 PM

But the main concern is to answer the questions and we agree that there are two sides, the racers and the promoters.The racers have expressed their concerns and the promoter needs to respond.No one is asking for a detail of finances of the event but a decision from the promoter,even if it's a "look guys we can't afford to give anything" or maybe a discount on fees for the next event or just " we are sorry,but we can't control the weather,or if the attendence is great at our next event we will try and increase the payouts.
I'am just suggesting things and certainly not telling anyone how to run their business.We certainly don't want to see Josh lose money and cancel his events.We have seen what happens to promoters who doesn't respond to the concerns of the attendees of their events.
As I stated before,we don't have an issue with the outcome of the event but can't speak for many other racers and attendees or the promoter.Our concern is for upcomming events,MM,Mopar Nats, Curt Memorial and others loosing support because someone or thing left a bad experience cloud their decision on attending.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 09:57 PM

Well have no dog in the fight,, but Josh needs to answer!!
couple answers is all he needs to do,, they are easy ones to make!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 11:09 PM

Not sure how old Josh is but he communicates about as well as my kids do. I call them the texting generation. He had some issues with a few guys on his website about shirt sells and it went on way to long. Even if people hear something they don't want to hear its better than hearing nothing at all. I have no dog in this fight either as I like to race a weekly racing program. I would be really pissed to travel that far just to sit at the car trailer. Josh has no control over the weather but if the track asked if we could race 1/8 mile to get some racing in and someone turned them down I would pack my stuff up and head to another race.
Posted By: slippery440

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 11:21 PM

Go to the Y.B. and search this thread. "Its been almost as year Wheres the $$$$ I was told would be returned" I think a guy named Brian from Air Flow was the poster.This guy was a sponsor from the rage race that did not happen. He said that Josh stoped all comunication. It took 3 weeks after he posted to finally get paid.Thats after Josh admitted to oweing him. You guys read it.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 11:29 PM

I cannot believe that of all people,you are responding to this thread... Like I told you via pm after your pissing,moaning,and whineing to me to kill this thread,our members have a right to know. Maybe lots of us don't visit YB...I don't and like I said,could care less. So quit stirring the crap and maybe our members can get an honest answer...And please don't pm me....

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 11:42 PM

OK TED WHAT DID YOU SAY.IF THERE IS ANY PROOF THAT THIS HAS HAPPEN BEFORE THE MEMBERS SHOULD KNOW.Plus as I said in the pm what does this have to do with race tech or ???. There is anouther web site that is owed by Josh thats where this needs to be. Total bull poop!!!!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/14/13 11:53 PM

Your words "I could care less...I didn't read the whole thing.And it looks like it was edited.If there is dirty laundry about a race or promoter, our members need to have it exposed. Your words
Posted By: nss guy

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 01:17 AM

I wonder what "Mopar Collectors Guide" view is on this??

Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 01:26 AM

These posts get way too far out of hand. It hasn't been all that long since the event took place. There have been many events in the past that took a long time to get paid.
I am personally amazed that anyone puts on events anymore the way people cry about them. Josh has a full time job,a family and a personal life, I think a couple weeks of not knowing isn't a big deal. After all,the stress he deals with putting on these events and dealing with the weather issues he deserves a vacation away from dealing with it.
Just my opinion ,I hope he continues the events in spite of the crying.
Keith

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 02:00 AM

Quote:

These posts get way too far out of hand. It hasn't been all that long since the event took place. There have been many events in the past that took a long time to get paid.
I am personally amazed that anyone puts on events anymore the way people cry about them. Josh has a full time job,a family and a personal life, I think a couple weeks of not knowing isn't a big deal. After all,the stress he deals with putting on these events and dealing with the weather issues he deserves a vacation away from dealing with it.
Keith

I'm with you Keith, I am sure having weather issues at the same event two years in a row will work on one's nerves.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 02:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

See ya all at Norwalk

Russ

They wanted me to make Saturday an 1/8 mile race which I was not willing to do.
I think you guys better have a sit-down before the next race and ask "THE RACERS" would you rather race 1/8 mile or not race at all. I think someone made a VERY bad choice. Get one round of racing in and the race is a race.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 03:12 AM

No event will go away over a few who have asked question onsome type of rain out refunds!
How ever events will go away thru lack of particapation!
Some of that is direct result of , lack of comunication, changing of the classes/elemination ,constant changes to payouts/entries,
As with most events decissions made after rainouts normaly taken care that day, ,
The powers thatbe that runs this event know all ready what he plans to do,
As I stated before, This evevt will be wrote off so what few dollars a few are looking for will amount to nothing in the total picture of your racing plans

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 06:10 PM

Quote:

No event will go away over a few who have asked question onsome type of rain out refunds!
Some of that is direct result of , lack of comunication, changing of the classes/elemination ,constant changes to payouts/entries,
As with most events decissions made after rainouts normaly taken care that day, ,
As I stated before, This evevt will be wrote off so what few dollars a few are looking for will amount to nothing in the total picture of your racing plans

For these events to survive they have to be profitable and run professionally.To make a pissing match out of the issue will not help.If one person or 100 ask a reasonable question it deserves an answer,publicly or privately.If one person or a thousand ask something stupid it can be ignored.
One thing for sure piss off one person on the internet and everyone gets a chance to choose sides.It should have never gotten this far along.I'am respectfull of Josh and will continue to support his events but also remain respectful of my friends and racers and feel their concerns should have been addressed.
Respect to all.
Bob
Posted By: CRT

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/15/13 06:27 PM

Quote:

Well said Bob
Posted By: nhramark

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/18/13 10:33 PM

Quote:

I think you guys better have a sit-down before the next race and ask "THE RACERS" would you rather race 1/8 mile or not race at all. I think someone made a VERY bad choice. Get one round of racing in and the race is a race.

You may have a valid point. On the other hand asking racers about switching to 1/8 mile is like asking people what they think about gun laws - you're going to get some very divided opinions.

In this case it's a moot point because the amount of rain we got was too much either way.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/18/13 11:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Keith

I'm with you Keith, I am sure having weather issues at the same event two years in a row will work on one's nerves.

I have always went by the motto "If its too hot, get out the kitchen".
Posted By: nss guy

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/19/13 02:02 AM

Again, this is a "Mopar Collector Guide" series race, what is rob wolfe and the magazine's take on this?
just curious

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/19/13 03:24 AM

I personally think its been plenty long enough. It's not the amount of money, it's poor business. I posted on Fast Mopars site with no answer there either. And for what its worth , I walked the track Saturday just after dark. Granted that was later, but there had been no dryers or traffic on the track. It had one small puddle at the edge of the shutdown area, the rest was dry.
Doug
Posted By: fun4door

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/23/13 01:36 AM

Any updates on if Josh is doing anything for us from Indy's rainout?

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/23/13 01:53 AM

I don't think he's back from Indy yet. Someone stole his canoe.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/23/13 01:58 AM

I can tell you one thing I real glad I didn't go as I would be real pissed right now. I think in the future guys would be better off paying at the gate per day.
If it rains take the kids to a movie or the zoo.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/23/13 05:28 AM

I may have missed it but how much is each racer out of pocket?

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/23/13 11:35 PM

Post deleted by cgall

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/23/13 11:45 PM

Quote:

I can't believe some of the moronic comments on this thread. This isn't about $75, there were 250-300 cars at this event. So do the math, it more like $20,000 to $25,000.

If I was out $75 for myself that is no big deal to me and I'm not gonna worry about everyone else's $75 for the grand total of things

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 12:05 AM

Quote:

I can't believe some of the moronic comments on this thread. This isn't about $75, there were 250-300 cars at this event. So do the math, it more like $20,000 to $25,000.

I was told my calculator is broken!!
250x150 = 37.5 (I do not think that paid rental on the track??)
Sundays race all in the books except for the finalist.Sunday wont count on a rain out.
so all there is is Sat! - 7 classes at 1/2 entry (1/2 of 150 is 75) bucks! so 75 x 250 (your numbers) 18,750.
One has to hope that the spectators/show cars/ swap meet /vendors make up all that is needed here ,
It is a lot of Math, But if the $75 dollars stops you from racin at other events like this then you arein trouble and the $75 can not help you!
But the Powers that be needs to step up, say what he will do for those racers,

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sundays race all in the books except for the finalist.Sunday wont count on a rain out.
so all there is is Sat! - 7 classes at 1/2 entry (1/2 of 150 is 75) bucks! so 75 x 250 (your numbers) 18,750.
One has to hope that the spectators/show cars/ swap meet /vendors make up all that is needed here ,
It is a lot of Math, But if the $75 dollars stops you from racin at other events like this then you arein trouble and the $75 can not help you!

now calculate multiple entrys and the lack lack of response from the god that put this on,no more for me thank you very much. i'll just stay in Oklahoma.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 03:04 AM

http://monstermopar.com/forum/index.php?topic=3897.0

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 03:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

now calculate multiple entrys and the lack lack of response from the god that put this on,no more for me thank you very much. i'll just stay in Oklahoma.

Still not hard!
looks like he has the answer!! Looks like you will keep your entries for the Sat race!!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 03:55 AM

Looks like josh is making good ... Don't bash our only real Mopar show !

http://monstermopar.com/forum/index.php?topic=3897.new#new
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 12:00 PM

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 05:10 PM

Quote:

and more

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

and more

Ain't that a kick in the wheels? And here I was thinking there were other Mopar shows besides Joshes.
Posted By: QTR MILR

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 06:07 PM

I knew Josh would take care of us. Looks like Josh had good resons to not have a speedy reply. He took care of his own family first (as it should be) . Now he can take care of his racers. Thanks Josh!!

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 06:11 PM

SHOULD THERE BE MORE?
He answered,, so no-one lost entry. good to go next year
Posted By: Eric

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/24/13 06:19 PM

What are the dates for the Norwalk show??...and whats wrong with 1/8th mile anyway??
Posted By: moparman89

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/25/13 03:39 AM

Cant believe some of this. Do yall demand a refund if it rains during a game of golf? A NFL game? Come on

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/25/13 04:16 AM

Fair enough. All I wanted was an answer.
Doug
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/25/13 12:02 PM

Quote:

What are the dates for the Norwalk show??

Sept 14-15, the same as when it was the Chrysler Classic and then the MoPower race.

Dennis

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates *DELETED* - 07/25/13 03:36 PM

Post deleted by cgall
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/25/13 04:25 PM

Does any track give cash refunds in the event of a rainout? I know Milan doesn't, but not sure about others.

Dennis
Posted By: mark42202

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/25/13 11:53 PM

Quote:

Moparman89, yes you do get a raincheck on the golf course if you have not finished your round and they call you in for lightning. Football games are not cancelled due to weather. Baseball games are often called, and rain checks are given. Concerts are cancelled for illness and other reasons, and they are rescheduled and your tickets are good.

Name me one sport or entertainment venue that cancels an event and does not offer a raincheck or refund.

Now I am satisfied that we have an answer, but still concerned that this is the policy of the MM. What if I tow 300 miles to Norwalk and it rains all weekend? Entry money held for a year?

"What if" you tow 300 miles to Norwalk and have a catastrophic failure in the burnout box before your first hit down the track? In that situation, you're out a heckuva lot more money and get nothing in return. If you "what if" every possibility before deciding to go to a race, you lost before you load up to leave.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 12:26 AM

I'm glad we have an answer. I don't agree with it and think its a bad one but whatever. Its good for some but what if you dont have a car ready to attend next year, you cant make it for a family emergency etc. etc. its no good for those folks. The only real way to treat everyone and I mean everyone not just the people that attend next year is send every person their money back period. But as I said earlier I rather have an answer I don't like than none at all.

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 01:34 AM

Done with this

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 04:56 PM

I stay away from posts like this because I can see that some of the people responding have only one thing on their agenda. But with that being said, I will gladly break it down for you guys.

Someone on here made a remark about 75 dollars x some number of cars = 25k or something of that nature---- I didnt charge anyone 75 dollars....I charged 150, and that held true for a guy only racing on saturday or sunday...so for a racer to arbitrarily take the entry fee and split it up is beyond me.

You can do figure it out on your own how much money I dont make at something like this, and if I get to read about how some racer feels like he is "owed" something again, Ill probably buy a boat and that will be the end of me trying to keep these races going. I dont do this to make money...its quite the opposite. It costs me out of pocket between 10k and 20k everytime I do one of these. So the racers out there who feel like they are getting screwed out of 75 dollars, keep it up and we will all watch our hobby of Mopar Drag Racing die, because no matter what you think you know, I can promise you you dont have a clue.

AS for the racers that understand and support what we are trying to do I appreciate it and you guys are the reason we keep putting these things on.

Thanks
Josh
Josh

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 05:21 PM

Quote:

I stay away from posts like this because I can see that some of the people responding have only one thing on their agenda. But with that being said, I will gladly break it down for you guys.

Someone on here made a remark about 75 dollars x some number of cars = 25k or something of that nature---- I didnt charge anyone 75 dollars....I charged 150, and that held true for a guy only racing on saturday or sunday...so for a racer to arbitrarily take the entry fee and split it up is beyond me.

You can do figure it out on your own how much money I dont make at something like this, and if I get to read about how some racer feels like he is "owed" something again, Ill probably buy a boat and that will be the end of me trying to keep these races going. I dont do this to make money...its quite the opposite. It costs me out of pocket between 10k and 20k everytime I do one of these. So the racers out there who feel like they are getting screwed out of 75 dollars, keep it up and we will all watch our hobby of Mopar Drag Racing die, because no matter what you think you know, I can promise you you dont have a clue.

AS for the racers that understand and support what we are trying to do I appreciate it and you guys are the reason we keep putting these things on.

Thanks
Josh
Josh

Well said Josh, I agree completely

Casey

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 05:34 PM

The other thing to address is this, do you think I get a discount if it rains?

Does the track, the insurance, the help, and all the other expenses decrease since a chance cuts the turnout of the event by 30-40 percent?

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 07:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Josh
Josh

Thanks for the answer Josh, like it or lump it, it is what it is and I will be at Norwalk and if Gods willing and the creeks don't rise I will be back to Indy next year,,I followed a series that in a lot of cases I didn't agree with some things that were done, said and happened, but I stuck with it to the end, I would like to do the same with this series if given the oportunity, because in reality all I want to do is race and just sticking to a local every weekend format is just plain boring to me.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/26/13 10:57 PM

old salty is on your side josh while im not into counting pennies others may be. ill be at norwalk rain or shine.
Posted By: hustlin hoosier

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/27/13 12:34 AM

We will be there , maybe we can kill it on the starting line again.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: MMW Indy 2013 updates - 07/27/13 01:55 AM

Quote:

Thanks
Josh
Josh

You're a Rock Star Josh!! A Promoter seems to be a "No-Win" situation. Anybody that signs up for participating in any race weekend has to realize they are taking their chances, and should expect to loose their money, should Mother Nature decide to rain on the parade. See you in September!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums