Moparts

ARP main stud 340 simple question?

Posted By: 71autoxr

ARP main stud 340 simple question? - 06/19/13 11:15 PM

I am just putting together the bottom end of my 340. I have the ARP main stud kit for windage tray (ARP 240-5501) There are 5 studs that have the extra length for mounting the tray, but my stock tray only has 4 mounting holes. Are there other trays that have a 5th mount hole?? Is there a preferred location for this stud that isn't used for the stock tray? And last, there are eight, 6 point, deep nuts, and two, 12 point, shorter nuts. Can I assume the shorter nuts are for the 5th/main cap? (And i already know about the stud under the oil pump not fitting, needing trimming etc). Thanks
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ARP main stud 340 simple question? - 06/20/13 04:44 AM

It's been a while since I used a ARP stud kit on a SB Mopar, no way the studs would work on the # 5 main cap under the oil pump side. I don't remember if that kit had 4,5 or 6 longer studs I would work on the # 5 main first and not worry about the others until that was ready to run
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ARP main stud 340 simple question? - 06/20/13 04:50 AM

Windage tray mounts go on the #2 and #4 mains...
only the 4 bolts... if you have 5 they screwed up
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: ARP main stud 340 simple question? - 06/20/13 05:00 AM

the last arp main stud kit i bought had 5 in it too...cut the 5th one off..
Posted By: 71autoxr

Re: ARP main stud 340 simple question? - 06/20/13 03:43 PM

Quote:

Windage tray mounts go on the #2 and #4 mains...
only the 4 bolts... if you have 5 they screwed up

I thought the same thing when I opened the package. Thought maybe there was a different windage tray than the 4 bolt I'm used to.

"the last arp main stud kit i bought had 5 in it too...cut the 5th one off.. " Bringing out the cut off wheel today to trim the one for under the oil pump, i'll hack that extra long one too.

Thanks guys.
© 2024 Moparts Forums