Moparts

float bowl level

Posted By: mokid

float bowl level - 06/09/13 10:45 PM

May be you can help, The rear float bowls on Our 1250 Dominator seems to be draining out, car stalls after burn out, seems to just fade away and stall out. I have adjusted bowl level and you can clearly watch it drain out?? any ideas
Posted By: Clanton

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:01 PM

Make sure your power valve does not leak.I had 2gaskets by mistake and it would run dry.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:01 PM

check for a clogged air bleed
Posted By: rowin4

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:05 PM

What is your fuel pressure? For float setting I just set it so the gas is just at the bottom of the hole, not running out. Also you could have fuel coming out of the vent tube causing it to flood out on sudden stop after the burn out. A fix for that is to use a piece of rubber hose raised up front to back with a air notch at the top for vent, I've also seen guy's use 90 degree spark plug boots.

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:07 PM

Quote:

Make sure your power valve does not leak.I had 2gaskets by mistake and it would run dry.

We run blank power valves

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:11 PM

Quote:

What is your fuel pressure? For float setting I just set it so the gas is just at the bottom of the hole, not running out. Also you could have fuel coming out of the vent tube causing it to flood out on sudden stop after the burn out. A fix for that is to use a piece of rubber hose raised up front to back with a air notch at the top for vent, I've also seen guy's use 90 degree spark plug boots.

6 1/2 like I said I can turn pump on bowl fills up turn pump off and it drains back.

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We run blank power valves

I do also and it was the gasket causing the leak so what I am saying is check the gasket.

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:19 PM

I suggest taking the carb off and test it on the bench by filling it through the everflow tube and you can watch better where the fuel is leaking.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:24 PM

I would say its the PV plug gasket also... its right
near the bottom so if its leaking it would leak MOST
of the bowl empty
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: float bowl level - 06/09/13 11:26 PM

I have fixed several where the owner didn't have the gasket seated properly on the plug and it would drain the bowl quickly. Also ran way too rich .Keith
© 2024 Moparts Forums