Moparts

Allen Johnson years ago

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Allen Johnson years ago - 06/06/13 10:02 PM

Pretty neat.

For the record... Allen Johnson does have one win at Bristol Speedway earned in 1981 competing in the Super Stock class aboard a 1971 Dodge Challenger with a 340 cubic inch Wedge Engine (SS3FA).

Attached picture 7733404-allenjohnson.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/06/13 11:08 PM

Isn't that Roy's old car they patterned his Drag Pak after?

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/06/13 11:52 PM

I don't really know for sure. It was on my Facebook so I thought it was pretty nice as I like lots of the older stuff. I wonder why.
Posted By: Hailtheleaf538

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 04:15 AM

His shop is about 30 miles from me in Greeneville.....A friend of mine looked at a lathe he or his dad had for sale in the trading post back years ago, he didn't know which one....He's a Chebby guy, lol.....But anywho, he said they took him for a tour of the whole shop, very cordial.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 01:15 PM

I have borrowed stuff from them when we were both racing alcohol and Blaine was alive. Been in there trailer many times before they went fuel.

BTW I was standing on the starting line at Indy during the US nats when Blaine died. I was helping a low buck nitro funny car racer at the race and had credentials to be on the starting line.

I'm pretty sure it was the same race Trett died when he had a heart attack at the finish line on his top fuel bike. That was quite the race weekend.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 01:22 PM

Quote:

I have borrowed stuff from them when we were both racing alcohol and Blaine was alive. Been in there trailer many times before they went fuel.

BTW I was standing on the starting line at Indy during the US nats when Blaine died. I was helping a low buck nitro funny car racer at the race and had creditals to be on the starting line.

I'm pretty sure it was the same race Trent ? died when he had a heart attack at the finish line on his top fuel bike. That was quite the race weekend.

uhhh.......the other Johnson
You are referring to Alan and Blaine Johnson the post is about Roy and Allen Johnson.
Yes, Elmer Trett (a legend) crashed and died on his blown Kawasaki the same sad weekend.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 01:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW I was standing on the starting line at Indy during the US nats when Blaine died. I was helping a low buck nitro funny car racer at the race and had creditals to be on the starting line.

I'm pretty sure it was the same race Trent ? died when he had a heart attack at the finish line on his top fuel bike. That was quite the race weekend.

uhhh.......the other Johnson
You are referring to Alan and Blaine Johnson the post is about Roy and Allen Johnson.
Yes, Elmer Trett (a legend) crashed and died on his nitro Harley the same sad weekend.

DUH sorry...
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 10:02 PM

Quote:

Isn't that Roy's old car they patterned his Drag Pak after?

Yes!

Attached picture 7734380-RoyJohnsonChallengers.jpg

Re: Allen Johnson years ago - 06/07/13 10:04 PM

Very nice.
© 2024 Moparts Forums