Moparts

Pro stock Mike Edwards

Posted By: Cuda367

Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:11 PM

Just been thinking and wondering. To have a 3-4 hundredths on the field is really alot nowdays. What,we have three or four teams working on the Hemi but how many on the G.M.? To be that much better than all the other G.M. teams is? A good word escapes me. Anybody have some thoughts or know someone who knows someone? Just thinking out loud.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:18 PM

I think they're all pretty close on hp, chassis and clutch I believe is where they're finding ET. (I've got no info JMO.) Dave
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:19 PM

When I see someone leading the field in Pro Stock like Mike Edwards, I assume he is working the hardest. Unless V. Gaines is doing his own engines, I only know of one guy doing Mopars, Roy Johnson. The other fast teams rent power from him.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:22 PM

Those that work the hardest, the smartest and have the best parts and test, test and test some more probally go faster than those that don't Some have (those that go faster with no major backing than everybody else with backing and they have no long record of racing) cheated also, in the past I know of several ex Pro Stock racers in SO CA, and rumored elsewhere, that had illegal help in going faster than thier competors at that time Is Mike Edwards and his team cheating, probally not
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:30 PM

Mike Edwards tests here in Tulsa, they test quite a bit as I can hear them from my work. Its not uncommon for Allen Johnson and V gaines to be testing at the same time as him.
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:33 PM

it looks to me like that car that is suppose look similar to a Camaro
pick the gm bunch about 1.5 mph?
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:42 PM

Quote:

it looks to me like that car that is suppose look similar to a Camaro
pick the gm bunch about 1.5 mph?

I would LOVE to know what the power difference is getting to 210 for each body style.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:43 PM

According to Edwards' finish line statements, "The Good Lord" deserves all the credit.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 06:43 PM

Quote:

Unless V. Gaines is doing his own engines, I only know of one guy doing Mopars, Roy Johnson. The other fast teams rent power from him.

V has his own program. Nickens is also building some engines for McGaHaa(sp) and Hartford. As far as Mike goes. They are a smart bunch. He is a bit up on power but they are also making good clean runs.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 07:17 PM

It seems like some tracks this year he runs better numbers, but he's not doing it at every track. I'd rather see him in the number one spot than one of the summit cars
Posted By: Duner

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 07:27 PM

So we are looking for some hispanic guy named Jesus? (HaySooos)
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 08:21 PM

Quote:

Or calling a Dr.???

Hey Seuss....
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 08:37 PM

Mike is still making more power than everybody else (Shane is close). I always look at the 1/8mile mph and he is usually about 1mph or more up on the entire field through that point. He is also a bit more aggressive than everyone as well which is why he hasn't been as consistent as other cars in the field. I think the Mopar team realize that establishing a winning consistency is more important right now. As long as Allen,Jeg, and Vincent are in striking distance, it won't matter once points reset for the countdown.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 09:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Unless V. Gaines is doing his own engines, I only know of one guy doing Mopars, Roy Johnson. The other fast teams rent power from him.

V has his own program. Nickens is also building some engines for McGaHaa(sp) and Hartford. As far as Mike goes. They are a smart bunch. He is a bit up on power but they are also making good clean runs.

Nickens is doing Mat Hartford engines but not Chris MaGaha engines...they bought Jeggie inventory of engines that they had built in their one year engine program.
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/04/13 10:18 PM

Quote:

According to Edwards' finish line statements, "The Good Lord" deserves all the credit.

Soooooo ... the big-guy uPstairs had-it-in for him earlier in the year since he had such lousy luck ?...
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 12:02 AM

I want to know why those summit car like to catch on fire after each run ...
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 02:19 AM

Hard to beat him with the deal he has made with the Lord
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 05:23 AM

Quote:

Go Mike Edwards and the creator Jesus ... I have never heard Mike Edwards attack the hypicrital athiestis on moparts. Allen Johnson gives Jesus the Hebrew discendent all credit.

Attached picture 7731469-mocar.jpg

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 05:42 AM

Quote:

When I see someone leading the field in Pro Stock like Mike Edwards, I assume he is working the hardest. Unless V. Gaines is doing his own engines, I only know of one guy doing Mopars, Roy Johnson. The other fast teams rent power from him.

Posted By: jyrki

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 05:54 AM

An interesting but unconfirmed thing I heard is that Edwards is still using the DRCE II based engine?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 10:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Go Mike Edwards and the creator Jesus ... I have never heard Mike Edwards attack the hypicrital athiestis on moparts. Allen Johnson gives Jesus the Hebrew discendent all credit.

how come he dosn't get credit for a loss? i never see them saying that when they lose
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 11:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how come he dosn't get credit for a loss? i never see them saying that when they lose

You may not see it,but I bet he gives him credit for everything he has and everything he has done.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 01:25 PM

This is just the trend in the ultra highly competitive Pro Stock class. One guy is on top for a while, then another guy, then another guy. Teams that test their azzes off ( and HAVE to) are the guys that will be on top. Edwards has always been fast, and finally a team or two catches him, it goes a few months, or maybe the season, then back he comes. He knows how to go fast and make power. These guys kill for a couple of hundreths, and thats how they do it. No one is going to find a tenth in some magic set up. Track testing , dyno time, and the gusy at the shop guys working on set ups hours and hours and hours.

Keep in mind, aerodynamics, clutching and tranny, rear gearing and even valve train stabilization makes drastic changes in these set ups per run based on track conditions. ( keep in mind again, a couple of hundreths is drastic). Its not all just per raw horsepower. They almost all have power now. Its the set ups and the crew chiefs set up based on track conditions.Also just a slight miss in the shift and that can make a difference as well.

Look at the incremental times on these guys, and study that close, you'll start to see some interesting trends.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's just like here after a tornado...people praise God for sparing their house and lives, but when a tornado wipes a school out and kills 20 kids in the process, "God works in mysterious ways and won't give you anything you can't handle"....

Thank goodness for Edwards that God is such a huge race fan and helps him make the right tuning decisions...but some days God doesn't help him make the right decisions so he loses on those days...

Thank ye Lord Jesus, hallelujah....
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 02:27 PM

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 02:47 PM

If I wanted to hear about GOD I would go to church,
I dont care to hear all these guys thanking the lord
at the track.... keep it to their self......JMO

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:20 PM

Quote:

AMEN brother

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:32 PM

Winning means you get to thank your sponsors, friends and family on TV... whoever or whatever they may be.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:36 PM

I'm kinda shocked by the number of our members that are upset that someone thanks God openly on tv. Mike Edwards has had Younglife on his car for years and if you would do some research on this program MAYBE you would fell differently. Are you guys the same ones that protest having a Nativity scene on public property.
WOW
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

AMEN brother

He has the same right to free speech that you do. Whenever you win a national event you can thank anyone you want in the interview.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because they don't interview the person that loses.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 04:57 PM

Quote:

I'm kinda shocked by the number of our members that are upset that someone thanks God openly on tv. Mike Edwards has had Younglife on his car for years and if you would do some research on this program MAYBE you would fell differently. Are you guys the same ones that protest having a Nativity scene on public property.
WOW

I was a part of Young Life as a teen[1977/78] and it did a lot of good things for me.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 06:02 PM

Quote:

WOW

I respect people that are passionate about something positive, that does absolutely no harm to others
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 09:13 PM

Hey I think it's great that he' not afraid to show his faith! And let's be thankful he's not doing like some who show their faith by praising their god and then blowing themselves and everything around uthem up. Dave

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 09:20 PM

Quote:

Hey I think it's great that he' not afraid to show his faith! And let's be thankful he's not doing like some who show their faith by praising their god and then blowing themselves and everything around uthem up. Dave

Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 09:50 PM

Quote:

Thank goodness for Edwards that God is such a huge race fan and helps him make the right tuning decisions...but some days God doesn't help him make the right decisions so he loses on those days...

Interested in a bridge? Got a doozie for sale, real cheap.

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 09:53 PM

Quote:

WOW

Yeah I KNEW I would catch SH1T when I said that.. but
I'm entitled to my opinion also.... and I still stick
by it... so if any of you dont like it... TOO BAD..
they take the church out of school and yet it can be
on TV in a auto race
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 10:04 PM

Quote:

WOW

Hey John,

I'll bet that between the two of us, we could come up with a few Jack-
Azz's that we know for the stable at Christmas time!!!

B-T-W, you'd probably make a good Wise Man!!!

"Just Sayin'"

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 10:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW

Yeah I KNEW I would catch SH1T when I said that.. but
I'm entitled to my opinion also.... and I still stick
by it... so if any of you dont like it... TOO BAD..
they take the church out of school and yet it can be
on TV in a auto race

don't worry about it those who preach the loudest are the first one's at the bar

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 10:35 PM

Now that we've ventured far enough away from Pro Stock Cars....

How is Edwards making that much more MPH than everybody else?

Is he freeing up more available power? or making more?

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 10:47 PM

Quote:

I think on average he is applying it to the track better

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 11:07 PM

Quote:

divine intervention
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 11:09 PM

I think that son of a gun Edwards made a deal with the Devil
I can see it now....Just give me a few hundreds and you can have my soul....

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/05/13 11:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

its not a win or a loose thing to thanks God for its just a thanks to God all the time win or loose...Allen, Mike , me , whoever is a believer is not trying to say Jesus helped Me win and the other guy loose. Its just that believer all just give God praise. It more of not wanting to out shine Jesus.. If I don't win I will thank Jesus for a good time and just allowing me to breath air.
Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 12:16 AM

"ts not a win or a loose thing to thanks God for its just a thanks to God all the time win or loose...Allen, Mike , me , whoever is a believer is not trying to say Jesus helped Me win and the other guy loose. Its just that believer all just give God praise. It more of not wanting to out shine Jesus.. If I don't win I will thank Jesus for a good time and just allowing me to breath air. "

Posted By: Cuda367

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:17 AM

I am really sorry I started this. I had no idea of it taking the turn that it did. Makes me sick!!!!
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:19 AM

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:31 AM

Quote:

"ts not a win or a loose thing to thanks God for its just a thanks to God all the time win or loose...Allen, Mike , me , whoever is a believer is not trying to say Jesus helped Me win and the other guy loose. Its just that believer all just give God praise. It more of not wanting to out shine Jesus.. If I don't win I will thank Jesus for a good time and just allowing me to breath air. "

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

at the track .... keep it to their self......JMO

AMEN brother

well just don't watch or turn the channel... I want to hear the man praise Jesus if thats what he wants to do..... I want to hear about God if someone wants to speek about him and if not I will walk away or

He has the same right to free speech that you do. Whenever you win a national event you can thank anyone you want in the interview.

Posted By: galen

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:53 AM

Why have some of you turned this into a religion - atheist bashing post. Is this what this site is coming to? If that's what your into, get a facebook account, or a life.
\
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 01:53 AM

Quote:

We have Freedom OF Religion.

NOT freedom FROM religion.

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 02:10 AM

Quote:

Why have some of you turned this into a religion - atheist bashing post. Is this what this site is coming to? If that's what your into, get a facebook account, or a life.
\

well , I take offence to ones uselesse and mindless bashing of ones religion... Mike Edwards is a great person... people have died to give you and me the freedom of speech amoung the other great rights we have. and it is freedom of religion and not freedom from religion... thank you for the discussion and thank Moparts..we can all live togather.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 02:30 AM

Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 02:37 AM

LIVE ...and let live ....

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 02:41 AM

Quote:

WOW

praise ye the Lord all ye people....shocked !!!! more like stunned... you would have thought Mike did a bad thing
Posted By: Hailtheleaf538

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 02:47 AM

Quote:

\

100% All day...

I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I got my plastic jesus
Posted By: tjmarcus1

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 03:33 AM

Maybe it's time for me to chime in. I have been a member here since 2003. I remember when NO foul language was tolerated. I don't try to make this a "religious" site, BUT I am a pastor of a church and I love racing too! Here's my point, I greatly respect Mike Edwards for taking a stand for JESUS! Is it ok to thank EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING for everything, but not ok to thank GOD? Can we use all kinds of bad language on tv as well as on this board, but not ever mention JESUS? To all the naysayers, do you never think that we might not like some of the things that you say? But most of the Christians on here never complain about it, do we? The bottom line is this, if I don't like something I hear or see on tv, I change the channel. If it "offends" you when you hear something about GOD, remember, It offends me when I hear you say something against GOD.

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 03:37 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's time for me to chime in. I have been a member here since 2003. I remember when NO foul language was tolerated. I don't try to make this a "religious" site, BUT I am a pastor of a church and I love racing too! Here's my point, I greatly respect Mike Edwards for taking a stand for JESUS! Is it ok to thank EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING for everything, but not ok to thank GOD? Can we use all kinds of bad language on tv as well as on this board, but not ever mention JESUS? To all the naysayers, do you never think that we might not like some of the things that you say? But most of the Christians on here never complain about it, do we? The bottom line is this, if I don't like something I hear or see on tv, I change the channel. If it "offends" you when you hear something about GOD, remember, It offends me when I hear you say something against GOD.

WELL SAID. Thank-you.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 03:42 AM

Who's afraid of someone thanking God for Help? If you don't believe so be it. Why dog those who do? Personally I'll take all the help I can get.
Doug
Posted By: Hailtheleaf538

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 04:00 AM

Quote:

There's no "foul" language on the site, it filters it. I guess it depends on what you call "foul" though.
Posted By: tjmarcus1

Re: Pro stock Mike Edwards - 06/06/13 04:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

There's no "foul" language on the site, it filters it. I guess it depends on what you call "foul" though.

As I said, I have been here since 2003, you have been here a few months. it's not my intention to split hairs about what is "foul", but a good rule of thumb is "do you want to hear your small children say them"? If they hear you use any words, so will they.
© 2024 Moparts Forums