Moparts

Almost there

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Almost there - 05/29/13 07:31 PM

Well it has been a long road that we traveled as quick as possible. But we are finally on the home stretch. Engine and engine bay are all ready to rock. Front end is as repaired as it will be for now. will get it repainted here in town later in the year. We dont do airbrush work so need to find someone. Want to thank all who helped out. Rock at Firecore, NIf at Hoffman Performance Products, B1Polara for his assistance, Les Figerora and the guys at Figspeed, BeCool, my son Steven and lastly the Hot Street car which now is missing some parts Anyway here is the latest progress on the engine and bay.

Will get some pics up of the front end once we get it wet sanded a couple more times and a final top coat/sealer on it.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 07:36 PM

Looks great Al......................you`ll be back out in no time.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 08:07 PM

Al, Sorry to see this all happen to you but you have made some terrific headway! how about Count's Kustoms for airbrush work, maybe you can be on TV
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 08:25 PM

Quote:

Al, Sorry to see this all happen to you but you have made some terrific headway! how about Count's Kustoms for airbrush work, maybe you can be on TV

Only if they pay you to be on the show Al
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 08:33 PM

Looks good.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 08:33 PM

Actually you got to that point pretty quick
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 08:47 PM

Congratulations Al. You not only do nice work, you do nice work fast. Hard to keep a guy on a mission down for to long. Thanks again for the tips on getting my 10.90 dialed in. I'm gonna need it. No UPS truck yet and its almost 4pm.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 10:19 PM

Nice job. Can't tell it caught fire.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Almost there - 05/29/13 10:21 PM

Looks good..great Job
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 03:00 AM

Airbrush?? He77 go grab one of those kids down on Freemont that do those rattle can paintings!!
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 03:32 AM

Quote:

Airbrush?? He77 go grab one of those kids down on Freemont that do those rattle can paintings!!

Kenny Youngblood.. Henderson Nevada..

Want his number???

BTW.. You forgot someone.. Where's the "Dog House" smiley.???

Chris..
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 04:04 AM

Quote:

BTW.. You forgot someone.. Where's the "Dog House" smiley.???

Chris..

She's out buying a new pair of shoes
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 05:33 AM

Looking great again nice fast work.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 02:01 PM

Very nice Al you can't tell from the pics it was "heat treated"
Posted By: reknapp52

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 03:59 PM

Looks great Al--I know that you've had to spend a lot of late hours to get to this point. Great to see that you're almost BACK!

Attached picture 7724728-LebaronatTexasLODRS.jpg
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Almost there - 05/30/13 08:18 PM

Congrat's Al,true grit. Too much time and money to quit. Thanks for trusting Firecore50 Wires on your sweet-ride. Thank you for the images and testimonial, (in advance).
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Almost there - 05/31/13 07:11 AM

thanks for the kind words gentleman. We do what we can. Should fire it up Saturday, only because I am leaving town for a couple weeks to Texas the first of thwe week. The water pump is not happy and headed back to Meziere to get fixed while I am gone. Just wanna make sure all is well otherwise set timing etc. Otherwise it should be good. She even got a new fancy driveshaft just cause to replace the 15 year old steel one:)
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Almost there - 05/31/13 05:24 PM

Congrats Al... job well done..
Posted By: BM70Dart

Re: Almost there - 05/31/13 07:38 PM

Looks sweet, awesome job
© 2024 Moparts Forums