Moparts

new best

Posted By: sixpackgut

new best - 05/09/13 06:17 AM

ran a 9.71 @ 138 with a terrible 60ft thru my new quiet exhaust. had some issues with the car or I would have easily went into the 60s.

Thanks to Chip for the help. giving Chip a ride over to tech and showing off started one of my problems

opening the exhaust picked up 2mph in the 1/8th but i believe I aborted the last pass and called it a night
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: new best - 05/09/13 06:18 AM

wow---nice ray !!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: new best - 05/09/13 06:38 AM

That`s movin out man............. You`ve really accomplished a lot in that car and you definately have my respect..........
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: new best - 05/09/13 06:53 AM

Dang it, Ray!
You're breaking our backs already!!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: new best - 05/09/13 10:56 AM

Nice Ray!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: new best - 05/09/13 11:13 AM

Very nice Ray.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: new best - 05/09/13 11:36 AM

Ray, what kind of issues did you have? 9.70's isn't too shabby for an old slug of a motor. I just looked up the old invoices on that pile of parts under the hood. I built that thing way back in March of 2004 and then freshened it with the "new" heads and cam in July of 2007. It's just a tired old dinosaur now.
Maybe you can get one more drag week out of it before you retire it.
Congrats on the new best, You've earned it.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: new best - 05/09/13 01:06 PM

Nice,Ray!! What is the combo?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: new best - 05/09/13 01:19 PM

Congrats Ray

Re: new best - 05/09/13 01:39 PM

Quote:

Ray, what kind of issues did you have? 9.70's isn't too shabby for an old slug of a motor. I just looked up the old invoices on that pile of parts under the hood. I built that thing way back in March of 2004 and then freshened it with the "new" heads and cam in July of 2007. It's just a tired old dinosaur now.
Maybe you can get one more drag week out of it before you retire it.
Congrats on the new best, You've earned it.

I bent the track bar driving like a dip . and I had something coming from somewhere spraying up all over the windshield and car on every pass
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: new best - 05/09/13 01:44 PM

good job. Figure out what fluid you have leaking? At least it wasn't spraying under the car.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: new best - 05/09/13 02:01 PM

Yep, Ray's car hauls the mail! I had fun riding shotgun getting sideways on the return road!
First pass the car smoked the tires right at the hit, let out and rolled back in the throttle, then blew the tires off at the 330'...I knew that thing was making some steam!
Adjusted air pressure in the tires, couple clicks out the shocks, and the thing hooks. It's setup for highway cruising and not for the track, but will go 9.60s easily.
F'n awesome.
We need to do some match racing Ray.

FYI...If anyone wants to buy the car, he's interested in trading for a snowmobile.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: new best - 05/09/13 02:31 PM

I don't have a snowmobile, hows 'bout a lawnmower

Congrats on those times and knowing there's more in it
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: new best - 05/09/13 02:34 PM

Does it still have the edelbrocks on it Ray?

Re: new best - 05/09/13 02:37 PM

Quote:

Yes it does. Just think how fast it'd be w/ holleys on it!

Re: new best - 05/09/13 02:38 PM

Quote:

yep, the edel's with chokes are still on it

Chip, may try to go next week if I can get the stuff fixed by then. the car needs a bath, the whole car was nasty when I got it in the garage
Posted By: deaks

Re: new best - 05/09/13 03:31 PM

Nice. What is the full combination and weight Ray.
Mick

Re: new best - 05/09/13 03:32 PM

Good deal. I'll bring mine too then. Maybe those fellas w/ the '66 cuda will be there again so they won't think I was feeding them a line about my car, lol. Think we can talk them into having a cuda shootout?

Re: new best - 05/09/13 04:00 PM

Quote:

Mick

i'm not sure of the weight. I have tried to make it a light car but I have kept adding weight to it but I really don't know. I can listen to Social Distortion now with my new exhaust

493 with EZ heads, weiand tunnel ram, pair of 800 edelbrocks, 650ish roller cam, 9" ultimate converter and 3.55s in a dana. ladder bar car

Chip, those Cuda guys were cooking ribs
Posted By: 69RR383

Re: new best - 05/09/13 04:14 PM

Let me know and I'll cook for ya--may bring my car and show you both up--LOL
Posted By: mopar65

Re: new best - 05/09/13 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mick

i'm not sure of the weight. I have tried to make it a light car but I have kept adding weight to it but I really don't know. I can listen to Social Distortion now with my new exhaust

493 with EZ heads, weiand tunnel ram, pair of 800 edelbrocks, 650ish roller cam, 9" ultimate converter and 3.55s in a dana. ladder bar car

Ray i will trade you two lawnmowers and a cat for your car.lol but great job on the new best. also what did you change on your exhaust from old to new?

Re: new best - 05/09/13 05:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mick

Ray i will trade you two lawnmowers and a cat for your car.lol but great job on the new best. also what did you change on your exhaust from old to new?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post7574074

although in that thread I started I say it feels faster, the new exhaust is definitely not faster.

Re: new best - 05/09/13 07:11 PM

last night some kid heard me say "Chip"

and the kid went "whoah whoah whoah, you mean Chip with the Hemi Cuda?"
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: new best - 05/09/13 10:21 PM

nice job ray ..is that the same engine that was in your big heavy challanger and what was the best pass on the challanger :
Posted By: Abodyjohn88

Re: new best - 05/09/13 10:46 PM

Your car is very impressive, I dont think it could weigh anymore than 3400 pounds.... My sb car in full street trim weighs 3250..... Yours runs on pump gas right? Extremely impressive combination with eddy carbs 3,55 gears and pump gas!
Posted By: D-50

Re: new best - 05/09/13 10:50 PM

Sixpackgut, what are your early numbers? 60ft ,1/8 et and mph.Your 1/4 numbers are impressive for pump gas.

Attached picture 7699653-CIMG0081.JPG

Re: new best - 05/09/13 10:57 PM

Quote:

nice job ray ..is that the same engine that was in your big heavy challanger and what was the best pass on the challanger :

thanks everyone, yes same as in the Challenger. the Challenger 60'd in the 1.30s though and usually ran 6.25 to 6.30 in the 1/8th

my best last night was 1.43 60 and 6.19. the only difference was the challenger had 4.10 and a six pack and this car has 3.55s and 2 eddies. i had years of messing with the six pack though. the Eddie's have recieved very little attention at all

I figure the Cuda is 3100, just a guess. I think the challenger was 3450 but I was out of stuff to take weight out of that car

mph in the 1/8th was between 109 and high 110, when i uncorked it, it went to high 112 almost 113
© 2024 Moparts Forums