Moparts

Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up?

Posted By: goldmember

Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/07/13 06:34 AM

I am looking to use a larger than stock SB oil pick up. What creative stuff have you resorted to? the stock pump doesn't look like it would like to be drilled and tapped much larger. Bottom cover setup? Show me some ideas. Thanks
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/07/13 07:59 AM

I got one with my pan ( Stef's ) , but I think Kevco has a bottom plate pick up available now.
That would be the cheapest if you're buying.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/07/13 02:38 PM

Kevco does have them. It's the style that takes place of the "plate" on the pump. Kevco shelves a circle track pickup to fit to the right side of their kickout pan. I had them make me a center sump pickup. Nice pans too!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/07/13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Kevco does have them. It's the style that takes place of the "plate" on the pump. Kevco shelves a circle track pickup to fit to the right side of their kickout pan. I had them make me a center sump pickup. Nice pans too!

Jay,
What pan did you end up with? and would it work on a stock front end?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/08/13 03:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jay,
What pan did you end up with? and would it work on a stock front end?

I got Kevco's aluminum M405 pan which is a rear sump. I just had them "notch" the front sump back 3.5" to clear my steering rack. They do list some mopar "K" pans that fit stock chassis. Quality appears nice and it's been nice talking with people that seem to care. I'm assuming they're a smaller operation.
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: Larger than stock SB oil pump pick up? - 05/09/13 02:28 AM

I'm thinking the cover plate style is the only real option. I have a Canton, rear sump, road race pan and the pickup they sent me is this style.
© 2024 Moparts Forums