Moparts

Champion racing wheels, good, bad?

Posted By: mopartony

Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/16/13 11:24 PM

I am in the market for new rear rims. I know what I need just trying to find what I like.

I saw the Champion wheels on racing junk.

Anyone run these? are they junk? Are they good? how heavy are they?

Looking for opinions, I know how everyone here loves to give those.....
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/16/13 11:46 PM

I don't know about Champion, but perhaps this may help in your search if you haven't seen them yet. I've been using Holeshot Wheels for many years. Nice, light race wheels with a wide variety of styles and offsets available. I use the Pentastars on my car.

Holeshot Wheels website
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 12:44 AM

Think they are fairly popular on the bullet

but, couple years ago ..a guy had some issues with a front one and the pack attacked .

Don't know if it was a one time thing or ??
Posted By: mshred

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 04:09 AM

They seem to be pretty good quality from what I have seen, and in a recent thread on the bullet that I started about a particular wheel from them, someone chimed in that they are actually thicker material then a weld or centerline street wheel, making them strong enough and light for street/strip duty
Posted By: Forest

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 05:08 AM

I love the look of mine...don't think their quite as light as the high end Weld wheels, etc. But for the cost and the look I'm happy!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 07:09 AM

^^^^ THAT car is cool as the other side of the pillow !!

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 02:50 PM

Thanks guys!!

I only need rear rims so hopefully they will sell only rears. I see on racingjunk they sold in sets of 4's.

I also liked those holeshot wheels..
Posted By: ccarson

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 04:36 PM

Are you looking for a Beadlock rim? if so Champion is as good as anyone
you can also buy direct..
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 05:20 PM

I was going to go with Champions on my Challenger build. I really like the Pentastar's but then came across a great deal on the Magnum 2.0's I have now. I hated them originally but knew they were a good deal. They originally had the gold centers, I stripped the gold ano & polished them. Looks much better now.

Attached picture 7671525-100_1664[640x480].jpg

Re: Champion racing wheels, good, bad? - 04/17/13 09:11 PM

No to the bead locks. They are cool but not needed. Mid 9 second car.

I have a set of Mag 2.0's but they do not fit. Was told they were 15x15, nope they are 15x16. So I am hosed on those. Tough to sell I am sure. I went so far as to buy the correct centers.

I need the new rims so they match the fronts on the car. So it is Champion stars, Holeshot stars or Weld stars. Also the rears are what I want to run on the new project which is a nostalgia car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums