Moparts

The first Lickity Split

Posted By: dvw

The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 02:26 AM

Got a nice note from a guy tat raced at Detroit and Motor City Dragways in the late 60s. He sent me a pic of the 1st Lickity Split that Jim ran before we partnered up on the 63 Dodge.
Doug

Attached picture 7635335-File0058.jpg

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 02:28 AM

For those of you that havn't seen it, this is the 3rd Lickity Split that Jim and I ran.

Attached picture 7635338-Lickitysplit63.jpg
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 02:37 AM

Both cool cars !
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 03:12 AM

Love the "old school" stuff and see where your roots are now. When you takin out the bad dog show winner for some 1/4 mile flogging?
Posted By: rbj

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 03:25 AM

You got to love those 62's best looking b body. When does the lettering go on the new one.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 06:31 AM

Quote:

You got to love those 62's best looking b body. When does the lettering go on the new one.

Dude, are you serious, the 1962 Plymouths and Dodegs are double butt ugly, The only other cars Mopar made that where uglier where the 1961 dodge and Plymouths I'm a little pregedice(SP?), I love 1963 Plymouths I have owned a 1962 Plymough Fury so it's not like I never had one, I would still buy a 1962 Dodge two door sedan, if the price was right
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 08:51 AM

Very cool!

I totally dig the look & stance of that 62 Dodge.
Thanks for sharing.

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 11:32 AM

Quote:

Ben can't help it. He has a 62 fetish. I told him to leave his front bumper off. Looks better, weighs less, and hes goin need it to get past me.
Doug

Attached picture 7635690-Bensdart.jpg
Posted By: rbj

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 03:04 PM

Doug you , must have hijacked that pic from stay-c fb. The way I look at it is the 62's are like the bulldog if the b body's . They are so ugly you got to love them. To get by you Doug I have to finish the darn thing first , then start taking panels if as need.

Attached picture 7635838-image.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 03:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dude, are you serious, the 1962 Plymouths and Dodegs are double butt ugly, The only other cars Mopar made that where uglier where the 1961 dodge and Plymouths I'm a little pregedice(SP?), I love 1963 Plymouths I have owned a 1962 Plymough Fury so it's not like I never had one, I would still buy a 1962 Dodge two door sedan, if the price was right

I owned a 62 Dart and that was the ugliest
car they built...Doug I know your old car and seen
the new one... this one is far better looking than your
older one... are you gonna letter the new one....
also where or what was the second one(was it yours also)
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 03:47 PM

I remember the 63 well, what a gorgeous car, Doug. I watched it run on video the other day.

At the old Super Car Showdown / Nostalgia Nats in 94 or 95, we lent you some jackstands so you guys could change trans....and you repaid us by taking me out in the second round. If memory serves me, Doug....I think you went on to win that event.

It was a lot of fun.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ben can't help it. He has a 62 fetish. I told him to leave his front bumper off. Looks better, weighs less, and hes goin need it to get past me.
Doug

Uhhh this thing is awesome!!

Casey
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/22/13 05:09 PM

For many years my son Curt and I raced events with Doug and the Lickity Split car.Those were some great times and we will always remember the fun we had.Doug and his guys are a great group of racers and just plain great people and his new car is just a reflection of Doug.Great car,great guy.

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/23/13 01:40 AM

Dom, it goes to Jakes Tuesday for align and scales. April 7 is chassis cert. We still have snow. Track opens April 6/7. I'll be ready the next weekend. Mike,the first 2 cars were Jim Flaggs. The second car was a 64 Plymouth H/T. Both were Max Wedge. Jim and I met when he bought my neighbors Hemi Road Runner. We built the 63 Dodge and ran it from 89-02, my son ran it for the new owner until 04. Steve,runner upped at that race. Bob I cherish my time that we got to race with Curt and look forward to racing with your gang this summer.
Doug
Posted By: dizuster

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/23/13 01:12 PM

Quote:

Dude, are you serious, the 1962 Plymouths and Dodegs are double butt ugly,

Cab I'm with you and I OWN a one... lol

Can't wait to see you get some rubber on those fine 1/4 panels on the new lickity split.

I better get my junk back together so I'm not just crew chiefing!!!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/23/13 01:34 PM

Pretty cool,Doug! But I like the new version the best!!
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: The first Lickity Split - 03/24/13 01:17 AM

Doug and Jim are two classy guys that always stop to chat. Jim used to golf in my league and would drive that Hemi RR to golf and park it in the dirt parking lot Good Luck with the new car Doug!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums