Moparts

Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB?

Posted By: Dartman928

Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB? - 03/19/13 03:54 PM

Guys working on getting my 440+6 back on the road after many years of sitting I ulled the intake and the valley pan tin needs replaced. I ordered a mopar performance one from the dealer and it just came with the little plates and I would rather have the tin with it already bloacked off? Who is making the tin already blocked off and part number is you have it handy.

Also this is a street with a tript to the track twice a year. Would I really need to have it blocked off? I dont have a choke on the center carb.

Thanks for the help
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB? - 03/19/13 04:06 PM

I believe that Mancini has them in stock. Forgets the part number, but it is a Felpro item.
Blocked off it may want more warm up time in the cold, but gives off less heat under the carbs bellies for a couple of horses.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB? - 03/19/13 04:32 PM

Rob, I used the Fel Pro valley pan w/ the crossover blocked on my dad's 440-6 road runner. It's a mild 440 w/ the 509/292 cam, around 10:1, mildly ported 906's, etc. It runs great even in cold weather. Never use the choke.
I think the part number for the blocked pan is 1215, but don't quote me on it. The MP piece w/ the steel plates is a joke.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB? - 03/19/13 04:43 PM

1215 rings a bell.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Who is making theblocked off valley pan gasket RB? - 03/19/13 05:25 PM

1214 for low decks and 1215 for RB
© 2024 Moparts Forums