Moparts

Best price on Hoosier slicks??

Posted By: Dartsport540

Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/11/13 03:34 PM

I have done a search, nothing comes up.. I need 2 sets of slicks, and want to check prices before I order them , from where I normally do.
I remember , some trailer place??
I usually order from Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, out of Maryland. I am located in Pennsylvania..Thanks for any onfo. Need phone # or website...
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/11/13 04:17 PM

http://www.mccormackracing.com/cgi-bin/l...D&order=123
Posted By: 383man

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/11/13 04:44 PM

I am looking to get a new set of Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slicks and I usually but from Jims Racing Tires on Orems rd in Essex Md. But I heard last week that Jim just passed away. He always treated me good so I dont know whats going on at his place yet. Ron
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/11/13 04:52 PM

Quote:

I am looking to get a new set of Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slicks and I usually but from Jims Racing Tires on Orems rd in Essex Md. But I heard last week that Jim just passed away. He always treated me good so I dont know whats going on at his place yet. Ron

I would go to Div. race. There is allways someone selling a set of 9"x 30" radials cheap with hardley any runs on them. That is why i run a 9" x30" tire!!
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/11/13 11:43 PM

Mccormickracing
great price and free shipping and handling

Attached picture 7622229-mmw24.jpg
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 12:24 AM

http://www.harlowracing.com/
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 06:30 AM

Just got a pair of 29.5 10.5 15 for 233 each plus freight. 498.00 to my door from Summit, Anyone doin better than that?
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 07:57 AM

Quote:

Just got a pair of 29.5 10.5 15 for 233 each plus freight. 498.00 to my door from Summit, Anyone doin better than that?

McCormack Racing 223 each with free shipping..

446.00 to your door...
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 11:00 AM

Quote:

I have done a search, nothing comes up.. I need 2 sets of slicks, and want to check prices before I order them , from where I normally do.
I remember , some trailer place??
I usually order from Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, out of Maryland. I am located in Pennsylvania..Thanks for any onfo. Need phone # or website...

This place just opened a real nice speed shop about 5 miles from my house by Lernerville Raceway (dirt track) they must have at least 3 huge Hoosier tire trucks parked outside. Precise Racing Products. 724-360-8000 Sarver, Pa. 16055
www.preciseracing.com
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 11:31 AM

I've bought from both places but my last 3 sets of
tires I bought from Harlow... Harlow did a better
job of sizing a set

http://www.mccormackracing.com/cgi-bin/l...D&order=123

http://www.harlowracing.com/
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 03:41 PM

I was reading a post on the bullet the other day that Harlow is going to close his store at Norwalk Raceway Park. I don't get to race there often but he was always a great guy to do business with. I guess all the travel back and forth was getting to him. Who can really blame him between that and gas prices.
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 05:21 PM

He has not traveled back & forth for years. Mike keeps the store open during the week & also works the weekends.

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 06:00 PM

Quote:

Let us know when you get them mounted and how they meassure. hope they are a match set.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 06:17 PM

Don't we have a member that races a dragster that also sells Hoosiers

Just can't recall his name right now....

Russ
Posted By: Gearhead383

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 07:19 PM

I look all over the internet and found a place that sold slicks cheaper then Jegs, even with my discount. They even offered shipping at only $10.00 for the pair. What I did was called Jegs and had them price match the slicks AND the shipping. Just provided the URL to the salesman. No handling fee, no oversized fees either. Saved me over $75.00! Don't ask me for the web site, it was over a year ago...

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 08:16 PM

Quote:

Russ

You thinking of bad kama racing spell check please
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 08:19 PM

"Instant Karma Racing will be a vendor at the Indy show this weekend and will have Hoosier Drag tires available at killer pricing. Please call us with your sizes so we will have them at the show.
859-485-4524"
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

You thinking of bad kama racing spell check please

Yep ---- thats it

Russ
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 09:44 PM

White 64 Savoy -- You must be very, very wealthy or
have a government job to have " TWO " RACE CARS! More power to you!! How do you have the time to work on them? Hope all is well, possibly we will be able to get ours back together by mid-year, or the Mopar Nats. Tell John & Wife we said HI. GOOD LUCK RACING & BE SAFE - HEMI JOE

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/12/13 10:36 PM

Quote:

"Instant Karma Racing will be a vendor at the Indy show this weekend and will have Hoosier Drag tires available at killer pricing. Please call us with your sizes so we will have them at the show.
859-485-4524"

There you go.. I was close LOL thanks
Posted By: JR-Bull

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/13/13 06:10 PM

I ordered my 9.0/30.0 R-15 (18211) from Summit on March 8, had them shipped direct from ( Hoosier Tire Midwest , Plymouth IN ) $246.00 each plus shipping total of $ 540.00 to my door . I did not know you could get direct from Hoosier from Summit un-till now ! I just now got them from Fed-EX , matched set , numbers are same , 94" on the button ! I am very happy with this order and can-not wait to try them out !!!! ( Going on my 1962 Dodge Dart 2 Door Post Car ) Thanks Dave................

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/13/13 08:07 PM

Hey guys... I just found out that Discount Tire will
match price PLUS give 10%..... just for your info
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/15/13 04:15 AM

Quote:

Is that via a local Discount Tire store (America's Tire out here in the west)? Hoosiers aren't listed as an available brand on the Discount website.
I'm in the market for a set of 31x16.50 QTP's.

Re: Best price on Hoosier slicks?? - 03/15/13 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is that via a local Discount Tire store (America's Tire out here in the west)? Hoosiers aren't listed as an available brand on the Discount website.
I'm in the market for a set of 31x16.50 QTP's.

Call them and find out... I know its at least in
the Detroit area but it is a chain... was told they
will order tires if need be... give them a call...
sure wont hurt
© 2024 Moparts Forums