Moparts

WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE!

Posted By: Joes66dart

WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:11 PM

Just trying to warn anyone thinking of ordering anything from them not to waste your time or money! I have had a hood on order from them for 10 weeks now and everytime I call I get a different story. Three weeks ago he said it was done and waiting to be shipped, two weeks ago he was finishing it up and shipping it out. Last week he was waiting on the truck to pick it up. I called him Monday and was told it shipped out last Friday. I call him today to see where its at since I only live about 3.5 hours away and he said I will have to find out. I get a call back saying it was damaged in shipping on tuesday and the trucking company never called anyone to tell them. Now I'm told that it will ship out on Monday after he makes the repairs to it today and I will have it on Tuesday. I have read other post about there service but really had no choice because he was the only one that made the part I needed. Everytime I call its a different story. I told him I would drive up there tomorrow and pick it up or to get my money back and now he swears it will be done and at my house next Tuesday. I got the feeling he has not even made it and now is rushing to get it done before I get mad enough to show up at his shop. What would you guys do? I'm trying to be patient but I can only take so much BS from this guy.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:17 PM

Have him take a pic of the hood and the damage and
E-mail it to you today

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:22 PM

He told me as of an hour ago that he was waiting on it to be delivered back to him. I called the shipping company and they said the had no record of him ever shipping it to me and that he hasnt used them in over a year. I told him that he he said that the were mistaken. He said he would use a different company to ship it this time. I have read the horror stories about guys waiting for parts from him but thought I would give him a chance since he is the only one that would make what I wanted. Now I'm wishing I would have went a different route.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:26 PM

Well I have tried my best to warn everyone here. When I see a post asking about WS I happily share my experience with them. Slow shipping, little comminication, and what exchanges we had were basically lies and poor quiality products. Took me 6 months and untold phone calls to get a crappy hood that came apart first pass down the track.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:27 PM

Quote:

He told me as of an hour ago that he was waiting on it to be delivered back to him. I called the shipping company and they said the had no record of him ever shipping it to me and that he hasnt used them in over a year. I told him that he he said that the were mistaken. He said he would use a different company to ship it this time. I have read the horror stories about guys waiting for parts from him but thought I would give him a chance since he is the only one that would make what I wanted. Now I'm wishing I would have went a different route.

I`d be making a personal visit to straighten things out.................

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:31 PM

Waited 6 plus months for this...Story is pretty much the same as yours. Lots of empty promises and missed deadlines. Then when it was shipped not a call it was on the way. Truck showed up with shop closed, was gouged on shipping and this was the result after one pass at the track. The scoop was held on with insulation foam, WHAT A JOKE!!

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:35 PM

Thanks to them the car looked like this for over 6 months. I hate not having a hood on a racecar....

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:36 PM

I told him I would drive up there tomorrow and pick it up or I wanted my money back. he gave me a sob story about how busy he is because he is a one man shop and that it would be at my house next Tuesday. When I ordered it I paid in full and was told shipping was included. If the truck shows up with it and I owe shipping it is going to be a bad day for WS racing. I don't understand how someone can do business like that and stay in business. The bad thing is I can't finish my car until I get a hood for it. AL did he ever offer to send you a refund or did you ever mention to him? I was just wondering what his excuse will be next week when I tell him I want my money back.
Posted By: topside

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:46 PM

Given the problems and stories and the distance, I would drive over there and deal with it firsthand; take a pickup in case you want the part and it's ready, and a buddy for a witness and backup in case you need your money back. I'd bet that the latter is what will occur.
Posted By: jcc

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 05:52 PM

Quote:

Given the problems and stories and the distance, I would drive over there and deal with it firsthand; take a pickup in case you want the part and it's ready, and a buddy for a witness and backup in case you need your money back. I'd bet that the latter is what will occur.

I'd chip in $5 for the gas, as long as you post the detailed outcome. Based on my, and others posted experiences over the years, no one should have expected a different result
Posted By: dartman366

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 07:06 PM

Quite a numbers of years ago I was in the market for a hood and front bumper for my car and talked to them at NTR during what I think was the Mopar Nationals ( too many years ago ) and was told all the usual things people do to promote their bussiness,,after walking away a gentleman came up to me and asked if I was interested in their products, and I said yes,,,then he went into a long conversation about why not to waste my time and money,,after asking around back then I decided not to do bussiness with them and found another company and the rest is history with a lot of bad storys from thier customers since that time, so it's an ongoing thing with them.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 07:10 PM

I called the trucking company again just to verify the story about the hood being damaged and talked to several different people. They all said that the story is bogus and they never received a shipment from WS racing. SO I called WS back and told him about this and he goes on to tell me that the dont know what there talking about and he is talking to different people than I am. I told him I would be there tomorrow afternoon to get my money or my hood and now he says he wont be there tomorrow and he is finishing up my hood from the damaged it received as we speak. I would be happy if he would just be honest with me and tell the truth and stop blowing smoke up my @##!

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 07:13 PM

I wanted to do business with VFN but the would not make the hood I need. I have a 66 dart and only WS and VFN make a hood but I needed it extended 8" and wanted a 6" cowl on it. VFN told me they could not do it and WS said it was no problem. Now I'm wishing I would of bought the stock one from VFN and had someone do the fiberglass work to extend it and put a cowl on for me.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 07:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks to them the car looked like this for over 6 months. I hate not having a hood on a racecar....

i dig cars with no hood
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/07/13 08:11 PM

I would drive up there instead of waiting for a probable disapointment. That way you will leave with your hood or your money.

They used to work out a garage next to there house.

I was there when walt was still alive and his son was working there also.
Posted By: Bishop

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 03:00 AM

Joe
Let me know if you want someone to ride along with you I had some bad luck with him also

Brian
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 03:55 AM

I never had any problem with them years ago when they did my Duster front clip.. but then I let them know from the get-go it was going to be picked up.
Shipping cost was way to much imo..

I've had better quality fiberglass(VFN) It's ok for now.

Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 04:13 AM

If you go up there tell them thanks for nothing on my behalf as well. Ten years ago I came on here and told my story of the lies, poor communications, inability to follow instructions, and substandard craftsmanship.

Everyone dog piled on me and told me to take back what I said about these great fiberglass craftsman and also reminded how lucky I was to be able to get a part at all. I was in my early 20's and all of the older guys from the Ohio area basically told me to take a hike right here on this site. Where is the middle finger smily?

I tossed their crappy WO scoop in the dumpster and moved on. I have heard that the original owner (the father, Walt maybe) was a great guy that stood behind his project. Let us know how the trip goes.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 08:05 AM

I have their bumpers on my dart---front one doesnt fit right......back one is fine--- i had the same issue with the SLOW bs , excuses , etc...

i wont buy from them again.

Im glad we have the internet these days so we can save fellow hot rodders headaches and BS from BS companies (like Indy )
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 01:25 PM

W O W,I got my hood from WS about 6 years ago , it took 7 weeks from when i ordered it till it showed up at my work,i painted it gloss black and it still looks great.
i guess i got mine done when they still "cared" about getting work done.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 01:36 PM

MY recent Xperience with WS ?.... I got a dash off eBay .... and the rear part of the overhang was a SEPARATE piece ! It was heavy(for a dashboard) and will require much-work but will be usable to make a mold to start making parts..... but will be EZier to use than starting off with a OEM part.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 05:30 PM

Yes I called and voiced my dissapointment with thier service and product. Just got more excuses from their end and more empty promises. In the end I paid almost $900 for a crappy POS hood. We ended up fixiing it and made it right but that was more time and money. Then sold the car....

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 05:34 PM

Al ... that scoop should have been glassed-on from the uNderneath AND from the outside .... it appears that all they did was stuck a little glass on the flange of the scoop and then put a little bondo on the seam.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 05:47 PM

Doc, We are body guys so we understnad how it SHOULD have been done. It was not glassed on at all. It was stuck on with expanding foam insulations, as I say WHAT A JOKUE!!
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 06:32 PM

I live an hour away and I don't remember it being this bad .....it was a father son operation when I went there and I'm happy with my hood this was 10+ years ago. I'm not saying I wouldn't be pissed if I got the crappy excuses you were getting. I hate to see this kinda customer service

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 06:40 PM

Quote:

Doc, We are body guys so we understnad how it SHOULD have been done. It was not glassed on at all. It was stuck on with expanding foam insulations, as I say WHAT A JOKUE!!

Expanding FOAM ?... has NO STRENGTH at all.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 06:51 PM

The dash in my Dart is WS.....

I ordered it years ago. It was bad when I got it, but after MRC (chassis guys) and Korek Design (body guys) got finished with it.....it is sweet.

They really gave it the "once over"................TWICE.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 06:53 PM

I talked to WS yesterday afternoon and he said he was fixing the damage from the shipping company. He guaranteed i would have it Tuesday and I guaranteed him that if I didnt i would be there tuesday night to get my money. Then he told me to stop calling him because i was keeping him from working on my hood! He makes up a new excuse everytime i talk to him.
Posted By: GoDartGo

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/08/13 08:35 PM

DON'T tell him, just show up, in force.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 02:47 AM

Same thing with me...was told two weeks to have some bumper brackets made for my Dart...took 2.5 months with LOTS of excuses...that was about 3 years ago...
Posted By: Old School

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 03:28 AM

lets ALL go and beat his lying azz.......
Posted By: theraif

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 04:43 AM

Walt passed away a few years ago and the son is doing it now
Posted By: Kiner

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 05:22 AM

I have a friend at work ordered a bunch of parts. It's been six months. He called him last week. he said the same excuse about shipping company damaging it. lol. Parts were paid in full. Car has been on hold for all this time waiting on parts.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 06:56 AM

Quote:

I have a friend at work ordered a bunch of parts. It's been six months. He called him last week. he said the same excuse about shipping company damaging it. lol. Parts were paid in full. Car has been on hold for all this time waiting on parts.

THEN THIS is a case of pizz-poor packaging on the part of WS ....

In the many years I shipped parts ...I had only ONE freight damage claim .....someone put a fork-lift through a hood box. AND the hole that was made was where the scoop was going to be .... so the customer got the part for HALF PRICE plus FREE SHIPPING ....and the truck line was HAPPY to do that deal
Posted By: rowin4

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 07:20 AM

So what makes you guys think that if he doesn't have the hood done he'll have the cash money to refund the buyer, maybe he'll write a check. If you put it on your credit card , just dispute the charges to get your money refunded. But then you'll have to find another hood and wait again.
Posted By: mokid

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

THEN THIS is a case of pizz-poor packaging on the part of WS ....

In the many years I shipped parts ...I had only ONE freight damage claim .....someone put a fork-lift through a hood box. AND the hole that was made was where the scoop was going to be .... so the customer got the part for HALF PRICE plus FREE SHIPPING ....and the truck line was HAPPY to do that deal

I also had a SS Hood made and shipped, don't remember how long it took but when it arrived the guy rolled up the door and the hood was out of the box and had been sliding around the trailer, all the corners was busted up, scoop was half off. We called the old man said ship it back we'll make a new one. I opted to have repaired here at my cost.
Posted By: Kiner

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 04:53 PM

It's his excuse for not making the parts. He's taking the money then saying six week turn around. Six months later nothing.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 07:03 PM

Cough cough showcars cough cough....................Your story is ugly , but I think I could top it.
16 months and a lame excuse every time I called netted me a flat hood for a '65 Dart that I won't be using now.
I got sick of waiting and found one with a 4" cowl used , bought it and while that hood was in transit , I finally got a tracking number from showcars.
Their quality is somewhere between so so and poor......the hood will work with some work.
But at the end of the day , I was just happy to have something for my money.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/09/13 07:04 PM

Quote:

It's his excuse for not making the parts. He's taking the money then saying six week turn around. Six months later nothing.

Have you called his number in the Bahamas?
Posted By: jeff500

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 01:59 AM

I agree,take backup with ya and give them a surprise visit....
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 02:42 AM

You guys just saved me somw headache was going to order a hood from him

Thanks a bunch
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 03:12 AM

Quote:

You guys just saved me somw headache was going to order a hood from him

Thanks a bunch

You should let them know this so he knows a bad rep is going around on him.
Posted By: Bishop

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 06:58 AM

This is how I received my MW hood & scoop from WS, just put in a 4 sided wood crate with cardboard for the top & bottom with no padding. He told me to file a damaged report with the trucking firm.

Brian

Attached picture 7620137-MWinbox.JPG
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 04:02 PM

wow! my AAR quality fiberglass hood came in a cardboard box packed with Styrofoam. I ordered hood springs from those clowns(ws) that took about a month to get them,but they were on their way the whole time. they will not hold the hood open. what a joke. can't believe there still in business.
Posted By: jcc

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/10/13 07:12 PM

Quote:

wow! my AAR quality fiberglass hood came in a cardboard box packed with Styrofoam. I ordered hood springs from those clowns(ws) that took about a month to get them,but they were on their way the whole time. they will not hold the hood open. what a joke. can't believe there still in business.

AAR has a reputation for quality products mostly, its not clear to me exactly, are you referring to AAR when you mention "clowns"? And they have recently changed ownership, which owners are you referring to?

Regarding "WS", obviously the father (Walt?) passing was a big setback for the operation, the son is not likely to change anytime soon, if they are the only solution, one will have to order the items way far in advance, or find another solution. Or hope another vendor buys them out. Change is not likely, including beatings IMO, until the kid gets honest with himself. Sad

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/11/13 04:11 PM

I called carl at WS racing again this morning and once again i was told it was shipping out and i should have it tomorrow! I guess i will make a trip up there this week to get my money because i know it wont be here.
Posted By: Eric

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/11/13 05:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

AAR has a reputation for quality products mostly, its not clear to me exactly, are you referring to AAR when you mention "clowns"? And they have recently changed ownership, which owners are you referring to?

Regarding "WS", obviously the father (Walt?) passing was a big setback for the operation, the son is not likely to change anytime soon, if they are the only solution, one will have to order the items way far in advance, or find another solution. Or hope another vendor buys them out. Change is not likely, including beatings IMO, until the kid gets honest with himself. Sad

He is talking about WS..

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/12/13 03:11 PM

well today is the day! I talked to Carl at WS racing this morning and he actually gave me a tracking number and said the hood was on its way. I ran to check to tracking number and it actually is coming and should be here today. Now I just have to hope its the right hood and its not a total POS. I will let you guys know when I get it and post some pics of it. If it does show up he would only be about 6-7 weeks late which sounds like the normal after hearing everyones stories.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/12/13 06:38 PM

Well i just got a call from FedEx. The hood is sitting on the dock at the local fedex. The said i can pick up but i owe $150 delivery fee. When i oredered the hood i asked if the price included shipping and was told it did. Now he does this. This guy is unbelievable!

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 01:04 AM

Hey dont feel bad it was only $150. In my case it was $337....Freight collect of course.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 01:55 AM

Well im glad that is over with. Me and my dad picked up the hood. The packaging was horrible and the quality is not that great. But atleast i finally got it and learned my lesson. I will never order or recommend WS racing to anyone!

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 02:11 AM

How is the scoop installed? Is spray foamed as mentioned earlier?

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 02:23 AM

It looks like it a has a thin line of spray foam in between the scoop and hood but it has been glassed together.

Posted By: Old School

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 02:59 AM

glad you did'nt get ripped off.

Re: WS Racing Fiberglass-What A JOKE! - 03/13/13 11:48 PM

Quote:

glad you did'nt get ripped off.

Well.........he did some what.
© 2024 Moparts Forums