Moparts

Keith Black oil pressure take off point

Posted By: mopar_mark

Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/07/13 01:49 AM

For those running a Keith Black block, where are you taking or feeding oil pressure gauge from ?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/07/13 02:23 AM

Quote:

For those running a Keith Black block, where are you taking or feeding oil pressure gauge from ?

If I'm remembering correctly, it was around ten yrs ag0, I used the last(#5) main oil feed galley plug to take the reading from
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/07/13 02:21 PM

Driver's side oil galley right behind the motor mount. Only place I could get to it w/ my headers and stock front suspension. My block doesn't have lifter oil galleys...not sure if there'd be somewhere else to take pressure from if your block is drilled.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/07/13 02:40 PM

Why not take it from your remote oil filter mount
Posted By: KB RACING ENG

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/07/13 06:09 PM

All correct answers above for all but the latest KB STREET HEMI/440 blocks. We have now added two oil pressure/feed locations to the top of the bellhousing area, just like the stock iron HEMI/440 blocks. These are fed from behind the #5 cam bearing via a groove cut in the block. We delayed doing this because it meant changing the pattern at the foundry and a slight program change for the CNC process. Those of you that have received blocks from us know that it takes awhile to receive your order...OK a lot more than "awhile", and we didn't want to make this even longer but we had a lot of requests for this feature so we made the change. Production is picking up and delivery times are getting shorter but we have a ways to go yet before we get to where we want to be....blocks on the shelf ready to ship. Thanks for your support

Ken Black
Posted By: Tig

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/08/13 08:15 PM

Quote:

Driver's side oil galley right behind the motor mount. Only place I could get to it w/ my headers and stock front suspension. My block doesn't have lifter oil galleys...not sure if there'd be somewhere else to take pressure from if your block is drilled.

Hi Mark. As above but we had two accessible since its a wedge motor. One for the gauge and one for spraybar feed.
Posted By: Mulehead

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/08/13 11:06 PM

Take off point

Attached picture 7618587-2012-09-01_15-38-45_276-1.jpg
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Keith Black oil pressure take off point - 03/09/13 12:35 AM

Thanks everyone
© 2024 Moparts Forums