Moparts

440 source oil pick up

Posted By: slax69gts

440 source oil pick up - 02/23/13 03:51 PM

when i first started getting involved with moparts forums a few monthes ago (ive viewed moparts for about a decade) i put something on the general forum called "swingers only" about 440 sources bb swinging oil pick ups. i caution using their parts but amassed alot of static parts from them as i talked about in a recent post on them. i never got a reply about the part itself but i would like to know if anyone has ever used their swinging oil pick up with sucess. yes, ive done my research on external oil systems and i am running the this system. finding out about this part is the last of the research. i hate to save 50 bux on this part and do 2000 bux of damage later. i only what to build this engine once. ive already got most of the parts from milodon, maybe would be wise to just stick with them.
Posted By: 572charger

Re: 440 source oil pick up - 02/24/13 12:49 PM

i use a indy pick up on my external oiling system only because its bigger opening, milodon works great also !!!
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: 440 source oil pick up - 02/24/13 02:39 PM

the 440 source one looks like an exact copy of the indy without the pretty anodizing. ive used both.
Posted By: slax69gts

Re: 440 source oil pick up - 02/24/13 03:28 PM

sure is alot of questions about big block oiling. i use the the big block performance book put out a few years ago as a general guide for my big block 470 and it is amazing all the little tricks you can do just to the oil system, which is something i do not want to skimp on. a few years ago i was bass fishing and second guessed a knot i tied a hooked at least a seven pounder only to lose it because of the knot. sure hate to lose a 2500 dollar recipricating assembily because of a second guessed oil pick up. i will scrap together the few extra bux instead of scraping up my big block. thanx
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: 440 source oil pick up - 02/24/13 04:23 PM

Quote:

sure is alot of questions about big block oiling. i use the the big block performance book put out a few years ago as a general guide for my big block 470 and it is amazing all the little tricks you can do just to the oil system, which is something i do not want to skimp on. a few years ago i was bass fishing and second guessed a knot i tied a hooked at least a seven pounder only to lose it because of the knot. sure hate to lose a 2500 dollar recipricating assembily because of a second guessed oil pick up. i will scrap together the few extra bux instead of scraping up my big block. thanx

there pretty simple, don't really see what makes it a seconded guessed oil pick up. now if the milodon or the indy pickup had a o-ring where the pickup goes in the body (they don't) then it wouldn't be an argument which was better.
© 2024 Moparts Forums