Moparts

frame rail inboard spring mount help please

Posted By: imfixinmopars426

frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 03:32 AM

i have a 69 dart im building,and it came with a moiser d60 rear,narrowed,all done ready to go,w/ disc's..so i already removed the inners to do a minitub,and the rear end was narrowed to use with the springs to be mounted in the framerail. i see mancini has the kits for sale to do this. what i was wondering can i have some tips on installing the kit??? i have never installed one of these,so i was hoping you all would give me some do's,and dont's on the install....thanks guys..mike
Posted By: mopar65

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 03:36 AM

here might be a good start for you.mopar65.

Quote:

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/springs.shtml

Posted By: tubtar

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 03:43 AM

That is the preferred method I think. Locating off of the original front spring mounts makes it easy......which is why I did it the hard way.
I used a spring slider set up on the back instead of shackles , but either one will work for you.
Posted By: 71DemonRON

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 04:21 AM

Not mine, think it is from a member on here though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHK23off-U
Posted By: dvw

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 12:27 PM

Quote:

That is the preferred method I think. Locating off of the original front spring mounts makes it easy......which is why I did it the hard way.
I used a spring slider set up on the back instead of shackles , but either one will work for you.

Always a good idea to establish a true centerline with a plumb bob.
The original mounts aren't always true. Mine were off 1/4" side to side. Measure back from a 90 degree line to the true centerline. Then check the spring hanger mounts, torsion bar crossmember, and lower control arm pivots and see if all 3 match.
Doug
Posted By: tubtar

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/05/13 02:02 PM

I went off marks on the floor using a plumb bob from the torsion bar cross member to the mounting hole C/L , but I wouldn't hesitate to use the stock spring hangers if you measure them and find the locations are good. Using round stock through those holes and the holes on the new spring mounts looks so easy that it is practically cheating.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: frame rail inboard spring mount help please - 02/06/13 04:55 AM

thanks guys!!! having help like this makes a scary job,look simple. i just hate to cut up a solid little car...but some must be sacrificed,lol...great ideas,and links! thanks again...ordered the kit from mancini...there brand is much cheaper than the mp part. it was 110.00 vs 190...should be here maybe weds,and then i will fire up the plasma... =
© 2024 Moparts Forums