Moparts

Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway

Posted By: mokid

Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/02/13 05:58 PM

Have you seen posted on Gateway Web Site Meg Mopar Week End May 17-19 Who's Going? I'll start me, We had to hope and pray that Gateway re-opened so any race we'll be there to support track/owner.
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/02/13 09:36 PM

I will be there

Attached picture 7572008-mmw24.jpg
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/02/13 09:44 PM

After what they pulled on Josh King and his event? No thanks.
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/02/13 10:52 PM

I can get treated beddly much closer to home than St Louis. No Thanks! It would be a great place if they got a new crew to run it. Unless im mistaken they are having the guys from super Chevy help them put this event on. Ya that sounda like a good time.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/02/13 10:55 PM

Boo bad deal.. No one should go to that..!!

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 12:13 AM

Quote:

I can get treated beddly much closer to home than St Louis. No Thanks! It would be a great place if they got a new crew to run it. Unless im mistaken they are having the guys from super Chevy help them put this event on. Ya that sounda like a good time.

I will give you that I know they hired all new staff after re-opening and they didn't know crap about running a test and tune much less a race. Hopefully they re-hired some of the old staff, not all but a few. So what did they do to other sponsore

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 01:46 AM

Josh worked hard to bring Monster Mopar weekend back there last year,and was scheduling a days to do it again this year. They told him no then scheduled their own event and started out calling it Monster Mopar even though Josh owns the rights to it.
Now they have Mega Mopar put on by the Super Chevy guys.
From what I have heard those guys don't cater much to racers,more interested in the show car side of things.
They just played a little to dirty for me to want to go and I would bet a lot of other racers wont drive far for it.
Keith

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 02:48 AM

Yes Track was packed last year was that the first time/year for Josh to run the show? I know it was good not great. Would like to see more quick 16 cars, more parts vendors, why doesn't any Mopar event have the SS Barracudas and Darts show up they were here in the past Horton came from West cost.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 02:54 AM

I personaly did not like the way things where handled between Josh and GMP, It did take an event away from where M M W started from away, and it was a mistake, Be that as it may, It is a mopar show, They say will be of the same Format, and payout structure that was with the M M W event. I am sure it will have issues,, But so did M M W we pushed thru them to make it the show that Josh wanted buy and bring back.
I live within 80 miles of three tracks, it is 235 miles to Indy,
I will attend the Mega Mopar event, and If money allows me to I will also attent M M W as I have never missed that event since it started,,
I do not like the idea of any one saying to stay away Or boycot from any MOPAR event , no matter who put which one on!!

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 03:35 AM

Don't get me wrong,I'm definitely not saying it should be boycotted . I honestly think it will be more car show and less racing though.
I know some local Chevy racers that used to go to Super Chevy weekend. They always told me they raced there because it was easy money,just some guys paying entry fees to run their show cars that never really raced before.
Just not my idea of a fun race weekend.
Maybe I'm wrong about the same guys being in charge of it.
Keith
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 05:09 AM

Quote:

Yes Track was packed last year was that the first time/year for Josh to run the show? I know it was good not great. Would like to see more quick 16 cars, more parts vendors, why doesn't any Mopar event have the SS Barracudas and Darts show up they were here in the past Horton came from West cost.

The 2012 Gateway MMW was the return of MMW to Gateway after it reopened.
Was it perfect? No, But I'd say it was pretty good/successful.
Josh had a successful event at Indy in Sept of 2011 (considering the rain).

The way that Gateway handled things with Josh was simply wrong and poor business.

Most of the Mopar crowd in the Saint Louis area that I've talked to are saying that they'll attend the Mega Mopar Weekend.
It's a local event so I understand that.

Are they gonna draw people from far away?
That's a good question.
The local serious racers I've talked to say if the payouts are the same as Super Chevy it they're not sure it's worth racing at.
Just what I've heard.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 02:56 PM

Racers need to trust the promoter before making the decision to tow to a weekend event. Josh has shown he is willing to work with the racers, he makes himself available to answer questions, he pays out all money promised. Indy and Norwalk will draw racers from several states away because they trust the show will be run honestly.

Who are these Super Chevy guys, do they have a website or do they promote their events on here? What has their track record been for payouts and fairness? If I remember right, Super Chevy had a hard time after Gustin sold it. I wouldn't tow down there unless I had some good reports from racers who knew these guys.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 03:39 PM

Quote:

Racers need to trust the promoter before making the decision to tow to a weekend event. Josh has shown he is willing to work with the racers, he makes himself available to answer questions, he pays out all money promised. Indy and Norwalk will draw racers from several states away because they trust the show will be run honestly.

Who are these Super Chevy guys, do they have a website or do they promote their events on here? What has their track record been for payouts and fairness? If I remember right, Super Chevy had a hard time after Gustin sold it. I wouldn't tow down there unless I had some good reports from racers who knew these guys.

That being said How can we find out that info,We all know a Chevy racer right
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/03/13 11:36 PM

Check the purses offered and you will find the Super Chevy sponsored stuff is not for racers.

If they have a 1000 show cars, there will be 800 trophies, but if you get to the 1/4 finals in the race, you probably will not get your entry fee back in winnings.

I raced a GoodGuys race once - runner-ed up in heavy-street and got a check in the mail for $42 on a $60 entry fee. .

I will NOT be attending the Mega event even though it is only about 2 hours away.

Scott
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 01:19 AM

I will support josh's mopar events only.....
Posted By: BPE

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 01:47 AM

Josh (Monster Mopar) seems to be the only real mopar guy trying to promote the sport for the rest of us. He is very fair on payouts even when things happen that are out of his control. I think we all know we are a minority in the sport of dragracing and I for one want to thank him for what he has done and will continue to support him.

Rod
Posted By: Frito

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 03:18 AM

I drove out to St. Louis last year and had a great time. I was ready to go again and then saw what they pulled on Josh. A no go for me because of what they did and how they did it!!!!!!

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 03:48 AM

( Quote), We are an independent agency representing the Manufacturers Series Ownership Group of host race tracks, including the Mega Mopar Action Series.

We hope you don't think we put out unbelievable info, because of having to retract a statement.

That said, we were still somewhat uninformed when we announced the first "truths." While they were actually were correct, we wanted to make sure that there weren't any holes in what we released about who actually owns the series, the MMW name and why Gateway decided to produce their own event.

According to our latest communications with Gateway MSP, the payouts will still be the same, because that's what St. Louis Mopar racers have come to expect there.

There has been a lot of chatter on various forums about this Mopar event, much of it is potentially damaging to the national Series as a whole, to sponsors, to Mopar Action magazine and other branded events in the Manufacturers Series. All we ask is that St. Louis Mopar fans join us in May, and help keep the Metro known for one of the best and biggest Mopar events in the country, regardless of the name.

What can we do for Racing to help make this the best Mopar event in the national Series? Because it's not about the track or the promoter, it's about the competitors. We're simply providing an outlet for Mopar fans to gather and compete.

Please let me know if you have any questions,
Mega Mopar Action Series - SG (Quote)

This was posted on another site,
This is still the same info I was given last week,

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 03:57 AM

We can all still support the M M W series, This is just another Mopar show, that G M P needs support for.
If we do not support our local track we can ill afford to have it close again with no hopes of it returning or getting better for any racer!
And just because we decide to go to this event has no bearing on Josh's event ! Or our support for his show,, As seen in the past , we do support it, and we acknowledge what Josh has done for the racers!

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 05:43 AM

Actually, the ONLY reason we drove so far last year was to support Josh.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 04:04 PM

Quote:

We can all still support the M M W series, This is just another Mopar show, that G M P needs support for.
If we do not support our local track we can ill afford to have it close again with no hopes of it returning or getting better for any racer!
And just because we decide to go to this event has no bearing on Josh's event ! Or our support for his show,, As seen in the past , we do support it, and we acknowledge what Josh has done for the racers!

....They screwed josh, So screw them!!!

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/04/13 04:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

....They screwed josh, So screw them!!!

Great Point we can hit them all, More Racing and getting together with other great mopar racers.
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 01:07 AM

people keep asking me why I am thinking about calling it quit's
this is a perfect example why, I am tired of all the politics and he said she said BS everybody needs to grow up and go racing
I for one am going to support the track that I have raced at since the late 60's and have a good time, I commend Josh King for his support of MMW and the guys that support him I also support him but just because he's not putting on this show is no reason not to go
I guess you guys won't go the the Mopar race at the Strip or the Mopar Nationals either by what you are saying because Josh King is not putting them on either
my rant if I made anybody mad O'WELL

Attached picture 7575504-gateway2.jpg
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 04:22 AM

Well put... To much Mopar drama these days.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 04:25 AM

Quote:

I'm taking my Mopar and Going Home, Wha
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 04:37 AM

I ran the car show last year at M M W in Indy and will NOT support the new Mega Mopar Series wherever it may be run. Josh has worked his butt off for the Mopar community and I will NOT support a series that pushes it's way into the Mopar community and dictates the way things are run just because they think they can, any questions?

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 02:31 PM

Quote:

I ran the car show last year at M M W in Indy and will NOT support the new Mega Mopar Series wherever it may be run. Josh has worked his butt off for the Mopar community and I will NOT support a series that pushes it's way into the Mopar community and dictates the way things are run just because they think they can, any questions?

Josh's M M W is not the only Mopar event!
It's all good! whether you decide to go, or not, Every Mopar event needs support from it's racers, If you have decided to not attend , that's fine, that's your decssesion, we respect that,
Do I believe G M P made a mistake,, YEP!, But it one that is made, and we have to make the best of it! and support the track in at least putting on a mopar race, and for that matter,,and coming out Stating it will the same payouts as past events,!
Even having the track open! If the track should close Again,, the racing world in and around St Louis will be devastated to say the lest, and a lot of great racers will go away as well !
There are tracks every where that make decessions that racers disagree with , but still support their tracks.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Josh's M M W is not the only Mopar event!
It's all good! whether you decide to go, or not, Every Mopar event needs support from it's racers, If you have decided to not attend , that's fine, that's your decssesion, we respect that,
Do I believe G M P made a mistake,, YEP!, But it one that is made, and we have to make the best of it! and support the track in at least putting on a mopar race, and for that matter,,and coming out Stating it will the same payouts as past events,!
Even having the track open! If the track should close Again,, the racing world in and around St Louis will be devastated to say the lest, and a lot of great racers will go away as well !
There are tracks every where that make decessions that racers disagree with , but still support their tracks.

This is a true statment it did/would devastate our local racers, When it did close for example the local chassis shops suffered, our only speed shop closed for good, I for one was looking to sell my car so when we found out Gateway was goig to be re-opened it was great news. That being said the track/owners need help on how to run a track, I have e=mailed Track and said if you want to know how to run a track go to Summit Track in Ohio, but that was last year 1st year on new owner Lets see what happens next.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 03:25 PM

Will the Mega Mopar event have a heads up class?....Didn't think so,
Does the mopar nationals have a heads up class...NO,CAN anybody tell me of a mopar event that has a race for the heads up cars...besides josh king....Thats what i thought...and that is why I Don't go to any mopar events,but will support josh at his mopar events.
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 03:36 PM

Quote:

Does the mopar nationals have a heads up class...NO,CAN anybody tell me of a mopar event that has a race for the heads up cars...besides josh king....Thats what i thought...and that is why I Don't go to any mopar events,but will support josh at his mopar events.

agree
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 04:03 PM

Quote:

Just asking but really how many heads-up cars attend these events. Some of the rules in this class make for some really small fields to start with, and with all the breakage that occur to these cars its hard to even get 16 cars to fill the class.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 06:39 PM

We have around 16-20 cars show up typically.

We usually see some breakage, but its a good showing considering.

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 08:36 PM

Quote:

Heads up classes are not in any way a majority at any track as Josh says 16-20, so you really could not count on that being a deal breaker whether they have a heads up class or not,.
There always seam to be issues at any track, any event, no matter who sponsor it or run it,
My boss and me sponsor the Midwest Index shoot out at Cole county this year, and the 2 day Memorial Day weekend event as last year, . we will see how the index stuff works as a sponsor, but I will be willing to bet, turn out will be poor,, But some how everyone talks a talk, never walk it!
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/05/13 10:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm taking my Mopar and Going Home, Wha

Fortunatly for me we have a great track with nice payouts not to far away so I dont feel the need to travel to any of the Mopar stuff anymore.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/18/13 07:01 PM

Not that I'm planning on attending, but EXACTLY HOW MUCH are the payouts?

Posted By: nhramark

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/22/13 12:11 AM

Quote:

Not that I'm planning on attending, but EXACTLY HOW MUCH are the payouts?

Good luck getting an answer to that question! Mega Mopar (also known as Super Chevy) has NO structure to their series. That is not a slam, it is a fact. Each individual track sets their own classes, rules, and payouts.

Last year Gateway did not post the payouts for their Super Chevy event until the weekend before the event. I will be curious to see how they pull this off. They don't have a very good record so far.....

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/22/13 01:03 AM

Quote:

$$$$$$$$$$$
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/22/13 01:58 PM

I was told that Super Chevy gets 5k just to use their name at an event. This true??
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/22/13 06:21 PM

Quote:

I was told that Super Chevy gets 5k just to use their name at an event. This true??

When the new crew took over SC, they told the manager at RT 66 they would come put on a SC show there if HE PAID THEM $125K. That was the end of Super Chitbox at RT 66.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Mega Mopar Week End at Gateway - 02/22/13 06:24 PM

Holy crap,Dennis!! They went up in price!! Money grubbin blow tie boys..
© 2024 Moparts Forums