Moparts

Mopars at the Strip- who's going???

Posted By: Dartin

Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 02:06 PM

Who all is going to the MATS? Looks like we will be heading out this year(as spectators)and would like to put some faces with some names. So far it looks like Labrat and myself for sure and possibly HardcoreB with our wives. Put up a pic of you and your car so we can look you up and say hello!

Randy
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 03:41 PM

I"ll be there. Age has caught up with me so I will run it and try to sell my baby. It's a bad ass true street/strip car(3.23's) that runs mid 12's and gets 15 MPG on the road

Attached picture 7563129-P1010002.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 04:49 PM

I`m considering the true street challenge deal but not sure if fugly cars are allowed as all I`ve seen are clean cars but the editor of Mopar Muscle David gave me his card and said that they`re looking at cars like mine along w/the show cars so, we`ll see.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 04:57 PM

I'll be there in Pro and maybe M vs W again.

Would like to meet more of you guys. Blue Dart with tail pipes
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 05:02 PM

I will be there as well just look for the white dart with the big hemi hood scoop.. ill be hiding in super pro and mopar vs world. ths year..
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 05:04 PM

Quote:

I`m considering the true street challenge deal but not sure if fugly cars are allowed as all I`ve seen are clean cars but the editor of Mopar Muscle David gave me his card and said that they`re looking at cars like mine along w/the show cars so, we`ll see.

If you are thinking about it send in your info/pics now. It is alot of fun.
Posted By: speedy383

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 05:04 PM

I am finally ready to compete again after some health problems,will probably opt for the Biondo /Siepel race a couple of weeks from this date. Huge payout and a real race program.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 06:14 PM

I was planning on being there.... but after 4 years of "tire kicking" we finally threw an offer at another home we were interested in and this time it stuck. Will probably be closing toward the end of Feb and hopefully we'll get our current home sold. We "could" carry two mortgages....but I'd prefer not. It would be thin living for sure. BUT.... i'm done typing, and on my way to the garage. need to finish mocking up the headers, and then pull the engine again so I can fab up the alt brackets, change the mid sump pan to a rear sump. Eventually going to have to find someone to weld up the drivers side header. Hopefully I'll make it!
Posted By: dragnduster

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/27/13 08:58 PM

I'd like to go run the True Street Car Challenge this year if I can come up with a pair of good DOT tires for the 72 Dart. I think it would be a nice change of pace from taking the race car there.

Attached picture 7563568-Dart(2).JPG
Posted By: oktire

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 01:01 AM

Will be there Friday and Saturday. It's the my first time to mats and can't wait!Just a sepctator this year>
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 02:14 AM

I will be trying to go watch. Both cars aren't done. Another year to busy at work! May try to buy something turn key.
Posted By: calmech67

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 05:09 AM

Hoping to do both MATS and possibly the K&N Events. I will need to see if I can leave rig at strip in their secured compound possibly. I run in the Quick 16 and my son will be running in Pro Class. We definately like to meet other Moparts Members.

Attached picture 7564248-dragsterjuly.jpg
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 05:23 AM

Quote:

I was planning on being there.... but after 4 years of "tire kicking" we finally threw an offer at another home we were interested in and this time it stuck. Will probably be closing toward the end of Feb and hopefully we'll get our current home sold. We "could" carry two mortgages....but I'd prefer not. It would be thin living for sure. BUT.... i'm done typing, and on my way to the garage. need to finish mocking up the headers, and then pull the engine again so I can fab up the alt brackets, change the mid sump pan to a rear sump. Eventually going to have to find someone to weld up the drivers side header. Hopefully I'll make it!

I'm sure Gregg can do them for you.. He's right there..

Chris..
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 05:23 AM

I'll be there...BTW there were a few MoPars @ The Strip today, track was pretty good.
Curtis
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 06:24 AM

That will be the plan Chris... was going to try and hack them back together, but being drag strips are dropping like flys in these parts, I might as well have a nice set to drop a stock style engine back in. Hopefully by fall I'll be ready to have him make another set for "project next".
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 07:23 AM

Quote:

I'll be there...BTW there were a few MoPars @ The Strip today, track was pretty good.
Curtis

yup..had 71 Dart and 71 Demon there today.

And will be at MATS
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 03:22 PM

I put in my vacation request, hopefully it'll be approved.
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Curtis

And will be at MATS

Cool, I had the Red/white Daytona, you going to be at the PSCA race next weekend?
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 04:23 PM

I have to go, Tom needs a push car for his dragster

Attached picture 7564527-vegas2012071.jpg
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 05:53 PM

Quote:

I have to go, Tom needs a push car for his dragster

As long as I have Mikey to push me.....I'm in!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/28/13 06:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Curtis

And will be at MATS

Cool, I had the Red/white Daytona, you going to be at the PSCA race next weekend?

No..I am leaving for Maui on Saturday for two weeks...lol
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/29/13 05:55 AM

Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/29/13 06:25 AM

You might need to drive 3 cars there..

Chris..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/29/13 06:30 AM

I'm your Huckleberry

Thinking about dragging a lot of stuff out to sell too.. I seem to have a glut of stuff. IF anyone is buying anything that is.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/30/13 03:10 AM

Quote:

I'm your Huckleberry

Thinking about dragging a lot of stuff out to sell too.. I seem to have a glut of stuff. IF anyone is buying anything that is.

Low run M/T or GY's I am in! Good seeing you last Sunday , but you look different without a car.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/30/13 05:05 PM

Quote:

Low run M/T or GY's I am in! Good seeing you last Sunday , but you look different without a car.

Yeah.. kinda like seeing a homeless bill gates
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Mopars at the Strip- who's going??? - 01/30/13 06:49 PM

Giving it a good hard think. It will depend on work mostly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums