Moparts

Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it?

Posted By: BPBP440

Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 03:42 AM

Came across this on the Mancini site. I have read hours of past threads on moparts to hopefully put my rear main seal in the best way possible and not have a leaky motor. This manicini main bearing caught my eye, and if it works may be cheap insurance (kinda like a belt and suspenders). However, it seems this would have a negative effect on the abilty to build pressure in the #5 bearing and create a good hydrodynamic wedge. Any experience with this bearing?

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/rbanlemabe.html

Attached picture 7559153-chucker54_2245_30083013.jpg
Posted By: rebel

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 07:25 AM

i saw this years ago when i was having leaky seal issues with a small block. i made my own by modifying the bearing with a mini grinder. whether or not i had a better seal that build, but i didn't have a leak after that. on a street motor i might be inclined to do it again. wouldn't bother on a race engine.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 01:11 PM

That has been a Chrysler recommendation for years,forget it and use a good seal,retainer and pay attention to the installation.

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 03:05 PM

Quote:

That has been a Chrysler recommendation for years,forget it and use a good seal,retainer and pay attention to the installation.

Bob - It is not my intention to start a whole new string on rear main seal leaks, however I would appreciate your thoughts on the best seal kit(s) and retainer(s), again for a street motor.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 07:23 PM

I would buy one of the billit rear seal retainer offered by Indy and others.At the mating surface between the upper and lower seals put a dab of silicone,be carefull not to get it on the seal lip.Also add a skim coat of silicone to the retainer surface that meets the block and in the side grooves for the side seals.Do the side seals first and install the two side seals,press in to remove any excess silicone and let cure.This will help hold them in place.
After you install the retainer in place take silicone and apply it to the parting line at the outside and at the parting lines at the oil pan rail.
Let it cure 100% before adding engine oil.

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 08:09 PM

Quote:

I would buy one of the billit rear seal retainer offered by Indy and others.At the mating surface between the upper and lower seals put a dab of silicone,be carefull not to get it on the seal lip.Also add a skim coat of silicone to the retainer surface that meets the block and in the side grooves for the side seals.Do the side seals first and install the two side seals,press in to remove any excess silicone and let cure.This will help hold them in place.
After you install the retainer in place take silicone and apply it to the parting line at the outside and at the parting lines at the oil pan rail.

Perfect. I have filed this away for future reference.

Hmm. Looks like Mancini, Hughes and Indy all have Billit offerings.
Posted By: mac56

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 09:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Perfect. I have filed this away for future reference.

Hmm. Looks like Mancini, Hughes and Indy all have Billit offerings.

I used the Mancini one on 2 different engines with zero problems
Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Re: Mancini Anti Leak Rear Main Bearing - Anyone use it? - 01/24/13 09:49 PM

"I used the Mancini one on 2 different engines with zero problems"
MAC56 did you use any special installation techniques with those 2 motors?
Thanks Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums