Moparts

Double Neutral valvebodys

Posted By: WH23H6

Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/03/13 04:27 AM

Hey Guys,

Anybody got any thoughts on the double neutral valvebodys? They seem to be all the rage in our local Super Stock class...at least for the Chevys and Fords.... the idea seems sound but havent seen them too much in 727s...

Anybody using one? How do you like it?
Posted By: rebel

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/03/13 09:25 AM

i'm using the A&A Ulimate brake with the safe neutral after 3rd. i like it. it's a brilliant holeshooter brake, ask the guy i just beat.
edit: for those who are wondering. that guage is hooked up to the trans so i can check line pressure.
AND i'm RHD incase you were wondering.

Attached picture 7531045-169238_436148999785462_1017413774_o.jpg
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/03/13 08:51 PM

I use one from Pro Trans, works great.

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/04/13 04:43 AM

Quote:

i'm using the A&A Ulimate brake with the safe neutral after 3rd. i like it. it's a brilliant holeshooter brake, ask the guy i just beat.
edit: for those who are wondering. that guage is hooked up to the trans so i can check line pressure.
AND i'm RHD incase you were wondering.

I notice you have the same shifter as I use... I also use an air shifter....I was kinda wondering how that would work? I can't see how it would hook up?
Thanks,
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/04/13 04:52 AM

pretty sure you still need to manually shift it into clean neutral. the precision performance products shifters are really nice.

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/04/13 05:38 AM

Quote:

pretty sure you still need to manually shift it into clean neutral. the precision performance products shifters are really nice.

Thanks.. I may have to look into it...not sure why more people dont use these safty valvebodies...
Posted By: Tig

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/04/13 08:10 PM

Do you use these with alloy rod motors? Heard they help the rods live a little longer but I'd guess you better have good brakes

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/06/13 04:13 AM

Quote:

Do you use these with alloy rod motors? Heard they help the rods live a little longer but I'd guess you better have good brakes

No Kidding!
Posted By: SuperStock68Dart

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/06/13 04:26 AM

Call Pro Trans.....and if you don't need the brake, he will sell you one with just the "clean" neutral.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/06/13 03:57 PM

Quote:

Call Pro Trans.....and if you don't need the brake, he will sell you one with just the "clean" neutral.

Really!?
That's what I've been looking for

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/06/13 09:40 PM

Yes! It's what I use in my car.....I think they're around $300.00 and it works great!!
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/06/13 11:25 PM

Quote:

Yes! It's what I use in my car.....I think they're around $300.00 and it works great!!

Good to hear That seems like a pretty fair price. I assume it is a LBA valve body?
What shifter are you using with that?
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/07/13 02:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.. I may have to look into it...not sure why more people dont use these safty valvebodies...

they are more common then you may think.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/07/13 04:14 PM

I am debating putting one in my new car. Problem is a have a really expensive brake already in the trans. What is the real advantage to these? Saving aluminum Rods?
Posted By: mbogina

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/07/13 04:36 PM

using the engine as a braking mechanism is THE most expensive brake system you can have. At 8600+ RPM, I would rather replace disc pads a couple times vs repairing the holes in the sides of the block from stretching the steel/aluminum rods....nothing but clean nuetrals on our stuff for over 10 years, we use the Pro Trans valve bodies.

Re: Double Neutral valvebodys - 01/07/13 08:48 PM

Yes it's LBA and I use the Precision Performance Products shifter.
© 2024 Moparts Forums