Moparts

Island Dragway no more???

Posted By: 05dakota

Island Dragway no more??? - 12/22/12 12:41 AM

http://www.dragzine.com/news/new-jerseys-historic-island-dragway-closes/
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/22/12 04:08 AM

I thought some guy that cleans fish tanks was gonna' buy it?
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 03:46 AM

Quote:

I thought some guy that cleans fish tanks was gonna' buy it?

NO SuperStockRAcer? He cant even afford fuel to get to a racetrack....

Im pretty sure QuickNick bought it, hes a COOL guy on Yellow Bullet.

If neither of them can save it, Im SURE Mohelius Ghandi will bail it out $$$$$$
Posted By: Kiner

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 03:51 AM

Anyone know what it would take to either buy Island dragway,property,back taxes etc.
I am willing to make a deal to buy it.I have the means to get it back and update the place.New grand stands, pavement area,and really promote it.PM me if you know anything. I'm serious.

This is from Quick nick such a great guy.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531159&page=37

It's the Kirkland burgers.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 04:27 AM

Quote:

Anyone know what it would take to either buy Island dragway,property,back taxes etc.
I am willing to make a deal to buy it.I have the means to get it back and update the place.New grand stands, pavement area,and really promote it.PM me if you know anything. I'm serious.

This is from Quick nick such a great guy.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531159&page=37

It's the Kirkland burgers.

"Quick Nick" does sound like a really cool guy

Wonder if he's related to St. Nick

Sure hope he can pull this off so he can have his own testing site and also hope it's not too far of a tow from his residence or he may never show up at his own track

Russ
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 02:12 PM

Wonder if he's related to St. Nick

Sure hope he can pull this off so he can have his own testing site and also hope it's not too far of a tow from his residence or he may never show up at his own track

Russ

No there is NO relation,but it does rhyme with "BIG NICK "
Posted By: yella71

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 04:57 PM

lets hope some one steps up and reopens island. It seems to me in NJ anything can be done if you write enough checks to the rite people. just a matter of having the money and and time. The worst part is that it wont end up as housing or a shopping mall because if you have been there you know theres nothing around there.It will just sit empty and rot away before our eyes . At most I could see an extention of the sod farm. I was spoiled as it was about 20 min. from my house. It took longer to load the car than to get there. Ill keep my fingers crossed.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 05:21 PM

Island Dragway is closed , FOR NOW! there are several people ready and willing to step in right away. As a past 25 years plus participant/racer there I have not given up hope and can only say everybody else should`t either. Conversations I`ve had and things I`ve heard have me feeling confident it will happen. I know tops on my list to Santa is a reopening of Island Dragway . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Moparts members.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/23/12 05:35 PM

I really hope you guys get your track back! I hate seeing any track close.
Posted By: fig426

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/24/12 05:24 PM

Quote:

Island Dragway is closed , FOR NOW! there are several people ready and willing to step in right away. As a past 25 years plus participant/racer there I have not given up hope and can only say everybody else should`t either. Conversations I`ve had and things I`ve heard have me feeling confident it will happen. I know tops on my list to Santa is a reopening of Island Dragway . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Moparts members.

I'm with ya there!!! There are plenty of racers that go there and spend alot of money to race. The staging lanes are always full. It can definately be a good investment for someone with the funds to get it back on it's feet. Merry Christmas.
Posted By: BIGSPEED

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/25/12 10:04 PM

Like 11Second Dart says ,there are people with the money and solutions to keep Island Dragway operational,Hemi-Itis may know one of them from the Riverhead attempt at a racing facility.Bill C.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Island Dragway no more??? - 12/26/12 03:53 AM

I hope it come together without that dipstick in westchester with his fingers where they don't belong.Leave it the people who know what they're doing.I think it will come together as well as ATTCO
© 2024 Moparts Forums