Moparts

what head is best

Posted By: cesar perez

what head is best - 11/26/12 03:43 AM

preditor vs hemi stage 5 mellenium vs brodix ts head what is your race choice ?
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 03:57 AM

Whatever Alan Johnson uses....
Posted By: 572_HEMI_Cuda

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 01:36 PM

HEMI
Posted By: domingo

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 02:35 PM

Naturally Aspirated I think the Predator would be the best head.

The HEMI Millenium is a great head as well, but I think the Predator will outperform it in a NA aspirated application, but not by a whole lot.

However, HEMIs are king when it comes to forced induction. If you plan on using a pro Charger, turbos or a blower, HEMI hands down.

Having said that, I would not build anything but a HEMI engine if I was spending some coin on a build.

The predator just seems like a generic exotic engine to me, not like it is something that screams MOPAR....so Id rather build a more powerful and cheaper Chevy based engine if I were to spend that amount of coin on a generic aftermarket race engine if I just wanted to go real fast.

HEMI HEMI HEMI HEMI
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 04:26 PM

Bang for bucks,my choise would be Hemi.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 08:02 PM

These
Posted By: domingo

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 08:31 PM

Quote:

These

whazdat?
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 08:35 PM

Sorry Al you are wrong! It's deeze!LOL

Attached picture 7477532-IMG_0276.JPG

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 08:54 PM

Whatya mean..Those are just a smaller version of mine:) But billet is nice.

Domingo mine are Hemi 99 heads. What they are still using in Pro Stock currently. Marty's are billet P5's which are what they use in Aussi Pro Stock and used in Pro Stock trucks here back when they ran. Both very good pieces. The 99's are capable of well over 600cfm of air flow.
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 09:12 PM

The heads are very similar for sure! Al that engine looks killer. When are you going to Procharge that thing? My smallblock P5's are only capable of 500 cfm's! But it is still tough to fit this thing in a new Challengers engine bay.

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 10:28 PM

So they are all some form of HEMI....lol...

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 10:43 PM

Well does this look HEMI to you?? I will let you draw your own conclusion. They do have a Mopar part number

Posted By: jamesc

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 11:24 PM

Quote:

Well does this look HEMI to you?? I will let you draw your own conclusion. They do have a Mopar part number

no it looks like a confused wedge, i don't know why they call it a hemi

i guess in the end who cares what it's called, they work
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 11:47 PM

If the valves are canted in towards the center of the piston, it sounds like a Hemi to me.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: what head is best - 11/26/12 11:48 PM

Certainly not a true hemi,as Ford and Chevys imitation of a semi-hemi or canted-hemi but not a true hemi.

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 12:40 AM

Quote:

I don't have my glasses on.
Posted By: charger410

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 01:10 AM

I think for small block P5's hands down.
Big block hemi99 would be on top. Not sure which would be better between stage 5 millenium and preditors both can make good power.
I just bought this car which has millenium stage5 on 604" with 12-1 made 1145hp and 880fp. Has any one seen it before?
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 01:36 AM

Quote:

I think for small block P5's hands down.
Big block hemi99 would be on top. Not sure which would be better between stage 5 millenium and preditors both can make good power.
I just bought this car which has millenium stage5 on 604" with 12-1 made 1145hp and 880fp. Has any one seen it before?

Yes I have..

Didn't know he was selling it..

Chris..
Posted By: Diablo

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 01:51 AM

I'm going to have to say these;) The 5in BS version of Al's

Now we have the small block version, the 4.9 and 5in all in one page!

I must say Al i am jealous of your orange covers!!

Attached picture 7477916-hemicassel.jpg
Posted By: Diablo

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 01:52 AM

Attached picture 7477917-photo(11).JPG
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 02:56 AM

Hemi'ish, more like an old Poly than anything.

How would a conventional Hemi head work with a Hemi 99 type chamber? I mean keep the opposing valves etc, just instead of a big chamber, fill it in like a 99. Wouldn't it give the advantage of being able to build quench and use lighter pistons?

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 02:59 AM

Glad to see that Dave's old Barracuda finally got a buyer. He definitely made you a great deal on the car. Now if only someone somewhere wanted mine Dave is a buddy of mine and a great guy. Now loose those Barton covers as it is now an RWR hemi

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 03:14 AM

Quote:

Hemi'ish, more like an old Poly than anything.

How would a conventional Hemi head work with a Hemi 99 type chamber? I mean keep the opposing valves etc, just instead of a big chamber, fill it in like a 99. Wouldn't it give the advantage of being able to build quench and use lighter pistons?

you would have to tip both valve angles up to start with, it's a completely different animal

the fact is for the applications being discussed the heads shown are superior, this is evidenced in prostock...and it is not a hemi which i don't see as having any bearing

we'll call it a chrysler hemi cause most people wouldn't know the difference

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 03:18 AM

Doug if you ever go out one day and your engine is missing i'll give you my address so you'll know where it's at
Posted By: charger410

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 04:28 AM

Quote:

Glad to see that Dave's old Barracuda finally got a buyer. He definitely made you a great deal on the car. Now if only someone somewhere wanted mine Dave is a buddy of mine and a great guy. Now loose those Barton covers as it is now an RWR hemi

I saw Dave's Barracuda for sale was surprised it hadn't sold quickly eventually couldn't resist and called him up. Was very helpful
Had the car over here for about 2weeks. Been tec'd and want to go out with it tomorrow but looks like thunderstorm coming . I too don't like the rocker covers, Thats the only thing that i want to change.
You cant be serious about selling your car

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 07:14 AM

Dave has some very nice stuff for sure. He has had some issues with "Mopar" engine builders for sure but now that he is having Rick and the RWR crew doing his stuff he shoudl be making some good steam.

As for my heap, yep both of them are for sale. Looking to go a different direction so if you know any Aussi buddies looking
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 03:20 PM

As long as we're getting into non-stock style cylinder heads, the Sonny's 5.300 next gen HEMI is the head I'd go with.

......and please, before anyone strats with the "chevy" B.S., be prepared to go to Yellow Bullet so I can school ya on why his head has more in common with a conventional HEMI than ANYTHING "chevy".
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: what head is best - 11/27/12 05:36 PM

these work

Attached picture 7478825-eng3.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums