Moparts

B1 oil return question

Posted By: EchoSixMike

B1 oil return question - 11/06/12 01:06 PM

OK, basic scenario. B1 originals, megablock, 5 stage dry sump. Can I pair up the front and rear oil returns (Y fitting) then route directly to a T at one of the scavenge sections? And if so, can I get away with -6 or will I need -8 or even larger? -6 to the Y, -8 to the scavenge? So basically, front returns will be returned to front scavenge section and rear returns to rear section or possibly middle scavenge section. I'm hoping that with powered scavenge I can get away with smaller return lines. But hope isn't a plan. Thanks. S/F....Ken M
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: B1 oil return question - 11/06/12 03:04 PM

Quote:

OK, basic scenario. B1 originals, megablock, 5 stage dry sump. Can I pair up the front and rear oil returns (Y fitting) then route directly to a T at one of the scavenge sections? And if so, can I get away with -6 or will I need -8 or even larger? -6 to the Y, -8 to the scavenge? So basically, front returns will be returned to front scavenge section and rear returns to rear section or possibly middle scavenge section. I'm hoping that with powered scavenge I can get away with smaller return lines. But hope isn't a plan. Thanks. S/F....Ken M

Yes you can... I ran -8 with just gravity (4 lines)
so I would do as you plan but keep the -8.... what
size is the suction port at the pump... if its a -10
I would run the 2 lines teed -8 to a -10 to the pump
Posted By: EchoSixMike

Re: B1 oil return question - 11/07/12 02:07 AM

OK, thanks. The scavenge sections are still going to be pulling off the pan too, so -8 Y'd to -10 should be more than enough. S/F....Ken M
© 2024 Moparts Forums