Moparts

New Super Street Car

Posted By: SST5381

New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 03:55 AM

Here are some pictures of my new Super Street car, we finished it up in May and got to race it at 3 divisional's and a few bracket races. Sure is different going from a 67 coronet to an Avenger.

Attached picture 7431750-car11.jpg
Posted By: rickraw

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 03:57 AM

very nice, any times??

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 03:57 AM

Picture #2

Attached picture 7431755-car2.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:00 AM

SWEEEETTTTTT................

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:00 AM

10.90 @ 142

Kearney, NE track - Altitude adjusted Track - 9.60s @ 144 (air temp that weekend was over 100)

picture #3

Attached picture 7431761-car3.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:01 AM

Nice car welcome to the class. We have a blast running S/ST. Great guys and fun racing. Everyone can hit the tree, not like some S/G cars and run the number. MPH is nice

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:05 AM

I've been running SST since 2001 in DIV 5 but with a 67 coronet, trust me I know how tough it can be.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:07 AM

Some fast cars in D5 for sure...We have been wanting to make itback and run in Topeka for years just never seems to work out for us. Originally from KC and wife is from NE.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:17 AM

Nice !

Maybe we will bump into each other at the track in 2013 !

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 04:17 AM

Here's a pic of the old car from 2006, it's been in the family since th 80's.

Attached picture 7431789-car4.jpg
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 05:21 AM

Very nice I want one
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 03:06 PM

Casey,
The new Avenger is absolutely beautiful! Did you run out of places to add ballast?

What are the plans for the Coronet?
Posted By: sixpacstac

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 03:34 PM

The Avenger is very cool.

The Coronet looks sharp! Any more pics?

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/23/12 06:06 PM

Billy

I found just enough places for ballast just had to be a little creative! And for the coronet, it is just sitting in the corner of the shop covered up but we have been talking about putting it back together as a no E bracket car and let my wife drive it.

Attached picture 7432258-car5.JPG
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 02:13 AM

I do not understand anyone using or building a car like your Avenenger(nice looking car ) in NHRA entry level heads up bracket racing When I ran NHRA Stock classes that was considered the entry level, when I switched to Super Gas and Super Street S/ST was still on the 4 tenths tree and not considered the entry level, that all changed after I sold my stocker Why would you run that car 2800 lbs in S/ST when you can run it at 2100 lbs in S/G What's the pay out difference now between S/ST and S/G?
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 02:33 AM

Cab,
SC is the new entry level, all the Jr. Dragster kids and all.

SST is .5 tree, this allows everyone to be competitive and not spend a fortune on tires, chassis, converters ET AL. to try and hit a .370 tree in SG....

IF NHRA would put SG on a .5 tree many old cars would come back, and many would move from SST. But to be truly competitive on .4 tree you need a specialty chassis, convertor, and it's a big jump.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 02:39 AM

How large of alternator do you guys run to keep all the 'stuff' working? Which takes more time, setting all the timers/etc. or studying the time slip trying to figure out 'where did I beat myself?'
Posted By: ProSport

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 02:42 AM

The Avenger and the Coronet are both very nice.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 03:15 AM

Quote:

The Avenger and the Coronet are both very nice.

Our coronets look to have been separated at birth.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 03:26 AM

When is the last time that you payed attention to the SST? Just because NHRA Rulebook calls it an entry level class it is far from it! I dont know of any NHRA class that could be considered entry level. I just wanted to run a newer bodied car in SST to be different than every other challenger, camero and mustang.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 03:29 AM

I have seen pics of your car in the past and have thought the same thing, very nice looking!
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 03:34 AM

Quote:

Cab,
SC is the new entry level, all the Jr. Dragster kids and all.

SST is .5 tree, this allows everyone to be competitive and not spend a fortune on tires, chassis, converters ET AL. to try and hit a .370 tree in SG....

IF NHRA would put SG on a .5 tree many old cars would come back, and many would move from SST. But to be truly competitive on .4 tree you need a specialty chassis, convertor, and it's a big jump.

Ain't that the truth..

S/G is now the Corvette Open Body Nationals..

S/ST is super competitive.. Gary Reust is leading Div. 7 with a 136 mph car, so it's not just mph cars..

Chris..

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 04:16 AM

Well if it were all about MPH

Was talking to Klienweeber and Dwight at the Sportsnationals. Kevin was telling the story how he wanted to pick up a Wally in all the .90 classes with the saem car. He has S/C and S/G already. Dwight was sharing with him that he shoudl have started with S/ST as he feels it is the most competitve class. Given the tree everyone can hit the tree, not true in S/G or S/C. All three can run the number and play the game at the top end. So in Dwights opinon he feels S/ST is the most difficult one to win.

Given my 0-9 record I tend to agree, if for nothing else than to make me feel better about it

Love the Avenger for sure. Have a buddy out here who ran one in S/ST for a few years with decent success. Carl's car was a bit faster but still worked very well. He now runs that same car in T/S, wish I could do the same. If I were to start with a clean slate a Stratus would be my weapon of choice. Always nice to have to ad weight to a car to make weight than having a heavy car like I do. It will give you more flexibility if you decide to move to another class. More and more lightweight tube chassis cars showing up in S/ST these days.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 04:56 AM

Exactly!!!

I just want to have the option to be able to change classes down the road and a bigger motor is already in the works for next year. I raced a big heavy car for a lot of year's it was just time for a change and I can tell already it was a change for the better.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/24/12 05:05 AM

I hear ya there. We have two motors that can run T/S just not car. Ans since no one wants mine it may be awhile beofre that changes.
Posted By: Gearhead383

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/25/12 01:09 PM

Casey, with the new ride, are you going to hit more divisionals this year and maybe give Steve a little payback? You know he don't like those long nosed cars!
-Ron

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/25/12 05:52 PM

Ron

I would like to hit all of the Div.5 races this year and yes I hope with the new motor that I can have something for Steve we all know that he likes to be the fastest car. Did you ever call about that motor we talked about?

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/25/12 05:54 PM

Fastest car

I know Steve Domingues has a fast car how fast has he been. I know Klienwebber has been some crazy number.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/25/12 06:05 PM

Quote:

Ron

I would like to hit all of the Div.5 races this year and yes I hope with the new motor that I can have something for Steve we all know that he likes to be the fastest car. Did you ever call about that motor we talked about?

I think I'm gonna hold off and try to squeek another year out of this one. Still playing S/G rookie here and need to focus on other "wants" like a data logger. When I do make the move, its going to be an RB block. Don't want the limitations of a low deck.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/25/12 11:27 PM

Al

I think Steve has been 154-155 mph at 10.90 but your right I'm sure Kleinwebber has been faster. Ron thats my thoughts also about the limitations of a low deck thats why I'm goung the route that I am so from now on the only limitation will be the I just hope I dont have to do any bodywork on the hood to make things fit.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 05:14 AM

I hear what you guys are saying on the tall deck stuff but you dont necessarily need a tall deck to make real good power. My heap is low deck and does ok

I heard Kleinwebber was in the 164 area, not sure how consistent he was. Some fast cars in S/ST these days.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 12:27 PM

I agree Al. My thought is to build a 540 sometime in the future and if I decide later to go 572 or bigger, I don't want to purchase another block. Just Thinking long term. My goal for the next couple years is to run at lease 165 or better. Right now I'm 150-151 @ 9.90 and getting chased every pass. Would like to see the action unfold in front of me once in a while.
Casey, can't wait to see what that hotrod will do with the new bullet! Remember, if you change your mind, let me know... maybe I can mortgage the house and put it in mine!

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 01:19 PM

Sorry Ron not changing my mind, it's too late to turn back now
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 01:41 PM

I saw Phil Dion's Barracuda go 158 @ Tucson and that was at 11.21 index

Chris..

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 05:02 PM

Ron, I hear ya on the speed war thing. How heavy is your car? I rarely run S/G, meaning never but I think with a S/G weight car a low deck could certainly run in the 165 area, but you are limited on cubes for sure with one, 560"+- is about it. Mine is just a little 525" deal.

Re: New Super Street Car - 10/26/12 06:47 PM

Quote:

Ron, I hear ya on the speed war thing. How heavy is your car? I rarely run S/G, meaning never but I think with a S/G weight car a low deck could certainly run in the 165 area, but you are limited on cubes for sure with one, 560"+- is about it. Mine is just a little 525" deal.

The car w/driver comes in at 2430lbs. I know a 540 or even 511 would do 165mph and be reliable. But who knows what the future hotrod or class is going to be. Always want something to grow into... not out of.

Re: New Super Street Car - 07/04/13 05:24 AM

We'll a little update, we have ran one divisional and one national so far this year with the new motor in the car and have been 10.88@158 mph. As of right now I believe we have the fastest SST car in division 5. It seems that we have found a good throttle stop setup already and the car seems to be very dialable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums