Moparts

How many of you are done for the year

Posted By: Todd

How many of you are done for the year - 10/22/12 11:47 PM

What kind of changes or upgrades are thinking about?
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:11 AM

I'am done. Switching over to the dark side and putting in a powerglide. Closing off the front end need more MPH.
freshing up the heads
Hope to put in a Racepak in the off time need a sponsor just to afford that unit.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:16 AM

LOL... I'm done... never got out this year... I'm
planning cam change then the car is going up for sale...
cant see it sitting and not being run... so its going
up for sale with the W-9(new cam) and a back up engine(w-2)

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:22 AM

Quote:

That SUX to hear!
I guess you'll have to change your name to Mr. NoBody
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That SUX to hear!
I guess you'll have to change your name to Mr. NoBody

I cant get a license so the car I'm building now
will be 10.0 and I can race it plus its a street car
Posted By: Crizila

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:50 AM

My new season fires up on Dec 2nd. Going out next Sunday to get a little T&T time on my new blower motor.
Posted By: racerx

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:52 AM

I'm done in the process of getting an new garage built so after that planing on pulling the heads and have them ported
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:53 AM

Replacing the 8 1/4 with a 8 3/4.. The posi is going in and out.. New front brakes upgrading to slotted and drilled.. New alternator.. Looking at the set-up from Mancini.. Old one took a crap at the last race.. And new shocks all the way around... :wrench then no clue what we are going to do to the satellite this winter.. I know fix some of the front suspension..
Posted By: Dartin

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:54 AM

I'm done for the year too. Only made it out once this year, but accomplished what I wanted. Big focus now is getting ready to move. Sold the house and now comes the fun part ..... If anyone is bore in about a month, I pay in pizza and beer!
Randy
Posted By: Dragula

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:56 AM

Sorry to hear your getting out Mr. P....

We are done here for the winter...We just want to fix the wounded Hemi and get back out with that car. That motor didn't even get a chance to show its potential yet...The Duster we might lighten a little, we will see.
Posted By: runnerrt

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:02 AM

Done here for the year. Only made 3 passes because it took so long getting my car back from the body shop. Looking at doing a set of aluminum heads(MP 452s or a set of source heads) figure out my Strange adustable shocks and see what I can do to make this thing hook.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:04 AM

Still three races left for us. But no updates over the winter. The plan is actually to park the cars for next year. Unless I can manage to pull off the Division Super Street title at the last divisonal next weekend. Slim chance, but I am 31 points out of first now and hoping for the best.

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:07 AM

Hope you can be the champ. And win in the finals.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:14 AM

Well going to be tough as the guy in first still has a race to claim and I can just improve. So the 31 sounds good, but it will be 61 as soon as he pulls into the water box for round one. I will have to win the event if he is knocked out in round 2. If he makes it out of round 2 no chance of winning. Also a guy not far behind me with one race left to claim. So to have a chance I will need to make the final, and have some help. So get down here and do some blocking As for winning it well 0-9(0-2 this year)so far
Posted By: 70Dart499

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:15 AM

Not done here, but I've only got one more race. Then our new season will start the second week of January and run thru June. Our season here in Jan-June, and Sept-early Dec. We take a break in the summer when its too hot to even go outside.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:32 AM

Probably done for the year as well

Time to pay for all the carnage and upgrades now.

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:00 AM

I'd like to come down and block for you at least take out number one. But still need drive shaft and torque convertor.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:10 AM

Done here too, made 6, 1/8 mile passes this year.
None of them were trouble free as the first 3 the truck wanted to go right. The last 3 it went straight but the track was cold and didn't have much bite for me.
Plans for the winter, order up a new convertor to match the motor. When the trans comes out it's getting a new super sprag and maybe a billet front drum. Also have to send my tach in for repair. Dave
Posted By: oldtimer5151

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:48 AM

Last Friday night ran years best and ran 6.85 at 99 mph and 1.51 - 60 ft all in 1/8 mile. I also found an old problem a vibration that was an old worn trans yoke! We will run tnt until weather permits. I would like to get a 440 but retirement income will not permit. At my age nothing is promised so I will race until I can`t.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:58 AM

Although the points series racing is done for this year in southern Maryland, there are plenty of races until after Thanksgiving... weather permitting!

This is the time of year that you have to show up to get the best air. Last week it was only 1/8 mile racing, but it was close to a personal best. 5.76 in the 1/8 mile and in my car that would be about 9.12 in the 1/4. Bring on the mineshaft air.... Be there, or be square! LOL
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 03:45 AM

I've been done twice this year! Once in Feb when we scattered the W5 mill in the Duster, and then in April when I sold the Mirada. We're throwing the old slow 360 back in the Duster to have some fun until a plan comes together. Prob is the engine is in SoDak, and the car is in AZ. Going to take some creativity to get the two together. Planning on being back in action in 2013. Want to hit the March Meet again!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 03:51 AM

Was going to hit a t&t on the 4th of Nov. but am waiting on a member to see if he`ll sell his old ft. end "good stuff" to me plus I`m taking a few lbs. out and installing a new "lighter" interior and need new belts.........AGAIN. No point in going back w/out loosening up my binding ft. end getting it as good as I can cos the boot is probably inevetable here next time out..............

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 04:18 AM

I would like to get some good shocks on the front and maybe some coil overs on the rear. Or get the heads ported.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 07:11 AM

Done! Maybe learn how to tune a turbo motor so I dont melt it down again. Put in the dana and new trans with a brake!
Posted By: 383man

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 07:37 AM

Never got my car to the track this year but did plenty of street driving and still have some more to do before it gets to cold. Hope to make it to the track in April this coming year but not sure. Ron
Posted By: tboomer

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 12:11 PM

I made it out just one time this year. Money wise,this we just didn't have it! Now I have a pair of MW ported Victors sitting on a shelf. I need a new intake,springs, and rockers plus all of the little stuff that goes with it!! Do the math,it will be pretty expensive!! Unless I can win the lottery or find a real job,things ain't looking too good for next year. But I would never sell my car...It means too much to me!!
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:19 PM

My season is just starting.
I park the car and go fishing when the thermometer goes above 90*. We just got our first cold front of the fall, it's 85* today! I plan to race till May.
As for changes I installed new Wilwood rear drag brakes on the Dart and took the 14year old brakes off. Quite remarkably I never touched the rear pads in the 12 years I've owned the car!!

Attached picture 7431990-Picture013.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 01:24 PM

might get one more crack at it this weekend. Off season upgrades will be 2" header (1 3/4" now) and NOS.
Posted By: 383man

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:15 PM

Quote:

I made it out just one time this year. Money wise,this we just didn't have it! Now I have a pair of MW ported Victors sitting on a shelf. I need a new intake,springs, and rockers plus all of the little stuff that goes with it!! Do the math,it will be pretty expensive!! Unless I can win the lottery or find a real job,things ain't looking too good for next year. But I would never sell my car...It means too much to me!!

Same here Ted. Times are tuff but I will never sell my 63 and I hope to race at least once or twice next year. Ron
Posted By: dragram440

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 02:43 PM

I am done for the year. Nothing broke on the car this year but I will be changing out the rear leafs sincle the stock ones are going away on me.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 03:14 PM

I'm done for the year. I am tearing the car down completely, re-powder coating it as the original from 4 1/2 years ago from Yancer is rusting underneath. It's a big job and pi$$e$ me off no end that I have to do it, but it's getting bad. I'm glad I have good friends to help. Also going to a new combo next year, either 540 B1/MC, or the upgraded 604 Predator. We can make the car right and I'll be back to MATS at the latest. I hope to tickle the 6's next year.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 03:47 PM

I'm finished too. Going to try different leaf's and different gears.
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/23/12 05:03 PM

all done as of august, need to address t&d rocker arm issue, most likly will hook up something with competition wedge over winter
gary
Posted By: Butch

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/24/12 01:53 AM

Never made it to the track this year with the Duster. Wife had numerous health issues. Thankfully she is doing better now. Have the engine out now to check bearings, swap the 620 cam for a 590, repaint engine and detail engine compartment. I also want to do something to improve the look of the headers.

Attached picture 7432774-100_2465.JPG
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/24/12 02:52 AM

Not quite yet, going on vacation tomorrow so no racing this weekend. Ran my D150 at a 14.00 and slower /street tire race last Saturday and Won the class. Maybe a Gamblers race or two with the Dart and going to a pickup truck race at Atco Nov.24th, most tracks close the weekend before Turkey Day here.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/24/12 03:05 AM

Quote:

Still three races left for us. But no updates over the winter. The plan is actually to park the cars for next year. Unless I can manage to pull off the Division Super Street title at the last divisonal next weekend. Slim chance, but I am 31 points out of first now and hoping for the best.

Good luck on your race Al...........
Posted By: robnbird

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/24/12 03:16 AM

Quote:

MR P BODY don't do that get ready for next year one more year... ROB

Attached picture 7432935-0804121858a.jpg
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/24/12 06:54 AM

never got my junk out this year,and car is almost all taken apart into a million pieces. rustrepairs in the rockers,floors and alitle in the wheelhouses,uppgrades everywhere i can afford and trying to take a few pounds out where i can without spending a fortune,hope my junk will run next season and make a few runs at the track,there is lots to do and not so much money to do it.
Posted By: SD800

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/25/12 03:39 AM

Were done, been done for a few weeks now.car it's already disassembled.
Plan it's to clean up the bores, new pistons and change to 572-13 heads for next year and throw a new glide in it.

Attached picture 7434193-1018121842.jpg
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/25/12 04:08 AM

Converter that is yet to be slipped in since work is in the way ahead of the seasons end.
Posted By: Tig

Re: How many of you are done for the year - 10/26/12 12:34 AM

We never got out this season, due to one thing and another we decided to sit this season out.
We're running the old 572 (now 580ci) motor with some upgrades next season whilst we build a 655 for for late 2013 or more likely 2014.
Have to say thanks to Todd Marsh (site sponser) for his help on this too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums