Moparts

Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart

Posted By: CHAPPER

Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/05/12 03:01 PM

What happened to the blown dart project Jimmy Bradshaw was running? I haven't seen or heard anything about it for some time. Is he still racing it or did he have another fire/mishap?? I really liked that car!!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/05/12 03:03 PM

http://monstermopar.com/forum/index.php?topic=1091.0
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/05/12 03:09 PM

Check in the race cars for sale...
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/05/12 09:42 PM

yep! Jimmy has higher priorities right now.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/06/12 09:10 PM

Car is for sale or trade. I have other things going on that are taking a lot of my time.

Reall wish someone would take it I hate seeing it just sitting.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/06/12 10:27 PM

Couple of pics

Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 01:32 AM

Hell Jimmy just stick a nice BB in it and take it out for the local bracket race now and then.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 03:54 AM

nope

It's gotta go
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 10:58 AM

I can't believe its still for sale, that is a steal…

There's alot of killer cars up for sale right now, I wish I had the hours in the day to race them but my current ride takes all of my spare time and then some. Stupid thing called business and family get in the way!!

Just kind of gives you an Idea how sick we are! I told a friend recently (soon to be x SS/AH racer) car racing is worse than drugs. He laughed and said "with drugs at least you pass out and stop doing them",LOL!

I would hate to think about how much money is in that Dart! But with that said, If I was to think about the baddest a$$ car on here, and this car was built and rebuilt on here, this car is clearly the winner! Now that alone, priceless!

My hats off to you Jimmy, you built a bad ride, hope the next owner doesn't change a whole bunch! And if your at the races with the alky boys, stroll down to the SS pits and say Hi. I'd like to shake your hand. YOU KNOW HOW TO BUILD A RACE CAR!!

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 02:40 PM

At times niether can I still think it's not out there racing. It has all kinds of extra's that come with it and still hasn't gone anywhere. Not even offering to take trades and cash.

Thanks for the nice comments. I would be more than happy to stop by and say hello.

Jimmy
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 05:26 PM

Jimmy,
Give us a call,we may have someone interersted in your car and stuff.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 10/07/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Jimmy,
Give us a call,we may have someone interersted in your car and stuff.

I will
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/15/13 08:16 PM

Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/15/13 09:32 PM

Quote:

At times niether can I still think it's not out there racing. It has all kinds of extra's that come with it and still hasn't gone anywhere. Not even offering to take trades and cash.

Thanks for the nice comments. I would be more than happy to stop by and say hello.

Jimmy

It's a bad time to sell i think.....

I have a like-new 150K turnkey HEMICUDA' with spare parts and the body mold to make as many bodies as ya want and I haven't advertised it yet because I fear the beating I'm probably going to take.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/15/13 11:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy

I have a like-new 150K turnkey HEMICUDA' with spare parts and the body mold to make as many bodies as ya want and I haven't advertised it yet because I fear the beating I'm probably going to take.

I think it is a little too late for that advice. From what I heard, the car is heading to a new owner this weekend Some people seem to think Hemifred may have something to do with it
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/15/13 11:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy

I think it is a little too late for that advice. From what I heard, the car is heading to a new owner this weekend Some people seem to think Hemifred may have something to do with it

I hear HEMIFRED is selling a certain black HEMI Duster at some auction house called Mecum this weekend. Maybe the two stories are connected somehow....
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/15/13 11:50 PM

so it's going to the Fred museum?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/16/13 12:28 AM

Quote:

so it's going to the Fred museum?

Time will tell...

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/16/13 01:05 PM

It's a bad time to sell I think.....

Maybe I should reconsider and start advertising.....sounds like there's hope.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/16/13 02:51 PM

Quote:

Call Fred , maybe he has room in the museum ?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/16/13 03:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmm.....
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy

What's this car set up for? It would be tough getting .50 on the dollar these days if you ask me! But I like the words Hemi and Cuda! Especially used together!

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 12:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy

What's this car set up for? It would be tough getting .50 on the dollar these days if you ask me! But I like the words Hemi and Cuda! Especially used together!

It's pretty much a Top Sportsman car that I sometimes drive on the street.

Composite body, 4130 round, 4-link, sheetmetal 3rd, Santuff struts, 4spd Jeffco, 526 HEMI.....PSI screw/KB block/Stage V heads 1629hp at only 20# boost on Barton's DTS....etc. Killer House of color purple pearl, with marbleized flame and other assorted artwork.

All good stuff.

The car, the body mold and the spare parts.....I don't even know where to start for an asking price.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 12:57 AM

Pic...

Attached picture 7708405-73076_469352119773135_132268590_n.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:11 AM

Wasn't that at the Frank Maratta show before? Do you know a Gordon Sime that lives in Marlborough?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:14 AM

Just had to add a some pictures of the Dart...

Attached picture 7708431-DSC07849.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:17 AM

Attached picture 7708438-IMG_8613.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:20 AM

Attached picture 7708445-IMG_8614.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:25 AM

Quote:

Wasn't that at the Frank Maratta show before? Do you know a Gordon Sime that lives in Marlborough?

Yes it was.....the shop that painted it (Auto Madness) wanted it in that show. They brought it there, collected the trophies for me and brought it back to me. It was the least amount of work I ever did.

The name doesn't ring a bell, but that doesn't mean I don't know him. I'm bad with names.

The car was built at MRC (Markow Racecars).....is Gordon in that loop???

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 02:07 AM

Gordon owns that Black Arrow '65 Hemi car. I've had work done by Markow. He also did the roll bar in Tom's (Moparts) '70 Challenger.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 02:38 AM

Quote:

Gordon owns that Black Arrow '65 Hemi car. I've had work done by Markow. He also did the roll bar in Tom's (Moparts) '70 Challenger.

I don't think I've met Gordon.

Are you in Ct.???

Nevermind....I just read your avatar.
Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 02:48 AM

Gordon sime is a good friend of ours I don't think jimmy you would know him he used to race at ct international years ago with us with his 69 roadrunner p.s if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to buy your car

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 03:14 AM

Quote:

Gordon sime is a good friend of ours I don't think jimmy you would know him he used to race at ct international years ago with us with his 69 roadrunner p.s if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to buy your car

I didn't think I knew him, but I wasn't positive.

I also accept payments (no vig).
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 03:26 AM

Gordon is a great guy,I've known him for yrs.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 04:12 AM

Has the certain black Hemi duster been run thru the Mecum auction yet?????

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 11:02 AM

Quote:

I've been friend's with him for years, the mayor of marlborough

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 11:32 AM

Quote:

Tomorrow night at about 8:30pm. Lot # S287.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 11:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Tomorrow night at about 8:30pm. Lot # S287.

ok lets have some guesses on what it will bring

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 12:31 PM

Friday night or Saturday night?????

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 01:32 PM

I will be happy to someone enjoying the car.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Saturday night if I remember right , I talked to Fred on last Saturday evening when he was loading the car.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 05:24 PM

Quote:

JohnRR is right, it will be auctioned off on Saturday night (tomorrow night).
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 07:22 PM

Quote:

Pic...

Awesome car... have you entertained the thought of selling some bodies from the mold before parting with it?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 07:50 PM

Thanks.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 08:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pic...

Awesome car... have you entertained the thought of selling some bodies from the mold before parting with it?

Thanks.....

I've never advertised the body, but I have sold a couple through word of mouth. One races at LVD. I belive it's red with a single 4 HEMI with a little spray. Runs somwhere in the 7s.
Posted By: 451Cuda

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 08:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pic...

Thanks.....

I've never advertised the body, but I have sold a couple through word of mouth. One races at LVD. I belive it's red with a single 4 HEMI with a little spray. Runs somwhere in the 7s.

Could those be made in fiberglass as well? Been looking for a decent E-cuda body and even basket cases are ridiculous for what you get.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/17/13 08:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pic...

Thanks.....

Could those be made in fiberglass as well? Been looking for a decent E-cuda body and even basket cases are ridiculous for what you get.

Yes.....but there are a number of modifications...including 112in wheelbase.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/18/13 03:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pic...

Thanks.....

Is the extra wheelbase from a stretch front clip? If so, maybe a clip from Glasstek or VFN for standard 'Cuda would work? Or are the body lines tweaked enough that it wouldn't line up?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/18/13 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pic...

Thanks.....

Is the extra wheelbase from a stretch front clip? If so, maybe a clip from Glasstek or VFN for standard 'Cuda would work? Or are the body lines tweaked enough that it wouldn't line up?

Yes, all the stretch is in the nose...behind the wheel opening, but the rockers are flattened under the doors, so some work to a standard nose would need to be done in the area behind the opening to look finished.

It's easier to just build the chassis at 112. The only part of the shell that hasn't been adjusted, are the doors....

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I've been friend's with him for years, the mayor of marlborough

Classic

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 03:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmm.....

Well, Hemifred's Duster didn't sell... I guess this is up in the air

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 08:31 PM

Spy photos
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 08:34 PM

Quote:

Spy photos

Need the spy decoder ring to see them.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 10:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Spy photos

Need the spy decoder ring to see them.

Attached picture 7711652-image.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/19/13 10:28 PM

Reliable spy photos

Attached picture 7711654-image.jpg
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 04:10 AM

Is that trailer in Floridah or Connecti-cut??

Or is it Floridah going to Conn.???????????????

Attached picture 7712193-2011-10-09_00018.jpg
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 04:44 AM

Must just be me.... But that Dart( and nothing personal against the owner) does zip, zilch, nothing for me. Just so far from actually looking like an actual Dart if fails to blow my skirt up even a little.
Now something like Scotty Cannon's old Studebaker, that is the bomb.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 11:34 AM

Quote:

I am on my way to CT to find out

Attached picture 7712364-image.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 12:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But your altready in Conn

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 01:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But your altready in Conn

Not yet...

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 08:52 PM

I bought the Dart and I will have it on the track next year. It won't be in the same glory it was, but I do need to get my license. I will run it n/a while I build my twin turbo Hemi.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 08:57 PM

Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/20/13 11:43 PM

Quote:

I bought the Dart and I will have it on the track next year. It won't be in the same glory it was, but I do need to get my license. I will run it n/a while I build my twin turbo Hemi.

Awesome Tim.....that's a very well built piece....can't wait to see what you do with it

Rickster

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 12:37 AM

Quote:

Good for you congrats on your purchase and good luck with future plans
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 12:44 AM

Congrats! That is one awesome car.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 03:43 AM

Defbob, are you gonna' put a Cummins in it? lol!

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 04:57 AM

A logical step up from a Cutlesss

Congratz Tim,let me know if I can help

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 02:55 PM

Just help me have a good time at the track next year

My car and I have made it safely home
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 03:23 PM

Good luck,Tim!! Looking forward to the build...Now...You better get a second job!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 04:18 PM

I bet the first thing coming off the car is that wing.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 04:28 PM

Quote:

Posted By: Performance Only

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 04:30 PM

What does that car weigh? For some reason I was thinking it was a bit of a heavyweight for the Pro-Mod class it was originally intended for.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 05:14 PM

Quote:

What does that car weigh? For some reason I was thinking it was a bit of a heavyweight for the Pro-Mod class it was originally intended for.

That, and the frontal drag coefficient of a brick wall.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 05:22 PM

Jimmy said it was 2650lbs in Pro Mod trim, and that they had a hell of a time finding ways to get the weight up to 3100+ for Outlaw 10.5. Even if it is a little porky for Pro Mod, I can't afford to run that class anyways. Isolated Outlaw races for me.

I am going to try to have fun with the car.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 06:18 PM

Quote:

Actually that wing did a lot more than just sit on the back of the car. As it is completely adjustable.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 06:48 PM

Quote:

Jimmy said it was 2650lbs in Pro Mod trim, and that they had a hell of a time finding ways to get the weight up to 3100+ for Outlaw 10.5. Even if it is a little porky for Pro Mod, I can't afford to run that class anyways. Isolated Outlaw races for me.

I am going to try to have fun with the car.

Well then, I hope you have some fun. Those cars are a ton of work and to be serious you need an real good pit crew. Best of luck with it.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 06:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually that wing did a lot more than just sit on the back of the car. As it is completely adjustable.

yes it can be very useful

Attached picture 7713963-ricerpicnic.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 08:36 PM

Now the fun begins

I finally sat in the car for the first time, wow talk about cockpit

Attached picture 7714061-5-21-13-03.jpeg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 10:14 PM

Quote:

Now the fun begins

I finally sat in the car for the first time, wow talk about cockpit

And I'll bet you wrere making "VROOOOOM VROOOOOM" noises too I know I would have

Congrats on the new ride....... have fun

Russ

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 10:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yes it can be very useful

The wing stays, I can't imagine the car without it.
Posted By: Skypower

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 10:39 PM

That's an awsome car, hate to see it leave Florida but I'm sure it's good hands. Wish I could have done something with it. Just not the right time for me.
Have fun with it.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 10:45 PM

I need to return the car's body to it's former glory

Attached picture 7714207-pri2.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 11:30 PM

Why was the front clip cut up into pieces, and 'glassed back together?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 11:44 PM

Quote:

Ever ask an aging model why she got a face lift?

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/21/13 11:52 PM

See, she looks 20yrs younger already

Attached picture 7714285-5-19-13-01.jpg

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 12:04 AM

Quote:

My guess is maybe drooped and narrowed for aero? Looks like a new cowl scoop as well.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 12:47 AM

now take that jon boat off the hood and go fishing

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 01:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If my simple question was too difficult, and you don't know the answer, then just say so. Its OK not to know everything.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 02:11 AM

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 02:13 AM

Quote:

lets see, fire,explosion, did i mention fire
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

lets see, fire,explosion, did i mention fire

yeah that would pretty much some it up.
Posted By: SIKPUP

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 04:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GnYi8ljnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8jEz8F4Sc

Glad to see it coming back ! And in the NE too....

SIKPUP

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 11:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If my simple question was too difficult, and you don't know the answer, then just say so. Its OK not to know everything.

Why else would a nose need to be narrowed to match the body

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 11:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why else would a nose need to be narrowed to match the body

Its starting to come to me, slowly. That isn't the nose that the car originally had.
Good luck with the project.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 02:33 PM

The original nose was made identical to this one though, same scoop and width. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's all small things here and there.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/22/13 07:14 PM

Quote:

The original nose was made identical to this one though, same scoop and width. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it's all small things here and there.

You are correct and if you have any questions you have my number. I am looking forward to seeing it back at the track and am happy that it is in the hands of someone who likes the car as much as me.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/23/13 04:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct and if you have any questions you have my number. I am looking forward to seeing it back at the track and am happy that it is in the hands of someone who likes the car as much as me.

He likes it more,he bought it.

Good luck with your new project!
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/24/13 01:05 AM

Congrats on the car keep us posted on the progress with I presume the new block.

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/24/13 01:37 AM

Quote:

Congrats on the car keep us posted on the progress with I presume the new block.

Thank you and yes it will eventually receive the Hemi (when finished) I am building with my new solid block.

Jimmy never got to finish what he was telling me about the TFX block in the car, it started pouring and we got distracted... I wonder if it is repairable

Attached picture 7716766-5-21-13-06.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/24/13 08:27 AM

Congrats on the purchase and best of luck with the car!!
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Jimmy Bradshaw's Blown Dart - 05/24/13 10:57 AM

Nice Score!

Will be nice to see this car back out racing again! About as moparts as you can get a car!
© 2024 Moparts Forums