Moparts

Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!!

Posted By: tboomer

Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/17/12 12:31 PM

We are getting closer to the Mopar Max II races and car show at Cedar Falls Raceway! There will also be a swap meet. I feel that this show is going to continue to grow. Mr. Moparts(Tom) sent me the moparts. com banner and I hope everyone will stop by to sign it!! See ya there!! Ted
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/21/12 02:21 AM

The Minnesota boys are planning it! Skip Lisell {of K/Sa fame] will bring his SS/DA 67 Plymouth lookalike 1004hp Hemi....if it doesn't snow.

Attached picture 7388154-998852905_4DmMz-O(Copy).jpg

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/21/12 02:41 AM

See ya there,Billy! Is Dan bringing the Hemi car down? The plans are for us Iowa boys to keep the money here!! You Minnesota racers are pretty tough to beat!

Attached picture 7388189-launch6-25ted.JPG
Posted By: 73swinger

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/21/12 04:04 AM

I'll come and try for some of the smaller bills in Sportsman.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/21/12 11:03 PM

A couple of the Sharadon boy's plan on making the event.

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/22/12 12:25 AM

Chris and Jerry...Make sure you guys stop and sign the Moparts banner! I don't have it confirmed yet but Radar may make a pass or two in the nitro nostalgia fuel car...

Attached picture 7389356-JB_Lechtenberg-OrangeCrate.jpg
Posted By: BLONDE BARRACUDA

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/23/12 09:31 PM

we are going there with a 68 barracuda,65 coronet and a 64? Polara.
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/24/12 05:08 PM

I will be there taking out the Aspen for the first time if its ready by then, or just run my 06 charger for fun.

Attached picture 7392530-5N25H55J83Gf3F13ofc7ie2a7b0d1f84d173a.jpg
Posted By: lowflyingdart

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/25/12 10:05 PM

I'll be there with a couple of friends!

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/26/12 12:51 PM

See ya guys there!! I talked to Dumpster Dan,the track manager and there is no exhibition cars scheduled to run. Also talked to Rick Krueger yesterday,there are some nice goodie bags for the first 100 car show paticipants and this year there are event t-shirts! He is hoping for at least 100 race cars and 100 or better on the show side. Just a reminder to the racers...If we have 80 cars or more stage,the payout goes up to 1500 to win and 700 for the runner up...Not bad for 125.00 for weekend entry fees!!
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/27/12 03:07 AM

made it last year. was a good time. will go again.see ya there!!

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 09/29/12 02:07 PM

Sounds great!! We are just a week away! I will be pitted on the north side of the concession stand near the J&C Performance sign. The Moparts.com banner will be hanging on the fence and I hope everyone stops by to say hello and sign the banner. If the weather holds out,I think we will have a blast! Where else can you race for a 125.00 entry fee for the weekend and have a chance to win 1000.00 a day with great round money? See ya guys there!!
Posted By: chrgr340

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/02/12 07:10 PM

I'll definitely be there running my '07 Charger and hopefully finding some parts for the '72. My dad will be there running his '68 Coronet (Blue Angel).

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/03/12 01:02 AM

Please stop by and sign the Moparts banner!!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/03/12 05:28 PM

Quote:

My dad will be there running his '68 Coronet (Blue Angel).

How long has your Dad owned the Coronet? One of the first Mopar Drag cars I ever saw around 1989. Was a "interesting" conversation with the owner...
Posted By: chrgr340

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/03/12 06:04 PM

Quote:

How long has your Dad owned the Coronet? One of the first Mopar Drag cars I ever saw around 1989. Was a "interesting" conversation with the owner...

He's only had it for a few years now. I think it was the fall of 2009 he picked it up.
Posted By: dustyswinger

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/05/12 07:54 AM

Me and a buddie will be there. Craig

Attached picture 7407943-CedarFallsOct'07025.jpg

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/05/12 10:52 AM

Bring your jackets!! It is gonna be cool out! Should have mineshaft air! Just hope we don't have too much wind!! See everyone there!!

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/07/12 02:31 AM

Quote:

The plans are for us Iowa boys to keep the money here!! You Minnesota racers are pretty tough to beat!

So far your plan hasn't worked. Congrats to Steve Glubke on winning the Box/No box final today!

Jeff
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/07/12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The plans are for us Iowa boys to keep the money here!! You Minnesota racers are pretty tough to beat!

So far your plan hasn't worked. Congrats to Steve Glubke on winning the Box/No box final today!

Jeff

I'm glad Steve won. He's been hot this year.

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/07/12 01:05 PM

Was that the red 64? Jeff...Saw Mike launch with the hoops in the air! Nice car! Another member here won his class,he can tell the story! Low car count due to the cold weather. I got there late,so I bought a card for today. Thanks to everyone for stopping by to sign the banner and thanks Barnstorm for the Hemi sweatshirt!

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/07/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jeff

I'm glad Steve won. He's been hot this year.

Steve lost his wife Teri to cancer this last April, so it's good to see him do well racing.
Posted By: 1965wedge

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/07/12 02:26 PM

I didn't have a good day. The Coronet caught on fire. I got out alive, with only some burns on my right hand. As far as the car goes, everything from the steering wheel forward is destroyed or damaged. Good thing Wisconsin winters are so long....
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/08/12 02:02 AM

Well...minus air can have unanticipated problems for some. New HP and less traction. CFR went out of the way to prep the track and keeping everyone informed of the need to limit racing to 1/8 mi on Sat. Maybe Steve Glubke lent his shoe polish marker to all his victims and not just me! Hope to see better posts about Sun.
Posted By: toolmanmike

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 02:22 AM

I saw your car after the fire but didn't have the heart to take a photo. Sorry it happened. I did take one earlier though. I posted them on forbodiesonly. Here's my link and a link from alleyoop who took some great starting line shots. Many of your cars are pictured. Mike

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=208332&highlight=mopar+max

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=208573&highlight=mopar+max
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 03:16 AM

Quote:

I didn't have a good day. The Coronet caught on fire. I got out alive, with only some burns on my right hand. As far as the car goes, everything from the steering wheel forward is destroyed or damaged. Good thing Wisconsin winters are so long....

seen your post , I'm in central Wi. maybe I can help with your repair or parts.
Russ
Posted By: moparpiff

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 03:40 AM

Glad you guys had a good event again this year. I am not to sure who is in charge of scheduling if it is left up to Dumpster Dan or not but the last 2 years he has asked us MOPAR guys at Cordova, (Cedar Falls sister track) to come up and race this event. We would all be more than willing but the event has been scheduled the same weekend as our last points race at Cordova. If there was anyway for anyone to convince them to try and do the event on an off week for both tracks it would be nice. I talked with Dumpster about this at Oktoberfest this year at Cordova and he said he would see what he could do. Hopefully something could happen to get some alignment between the two tracks to allow for more cars to come to Cedar Falls and up the car count at the Mopar Max event.

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 01:35 PM

I talked to Scott Gardner about the scheduling,too. The week before ET finals,Cordova,CFR,and Eddyville were not running. That date would have been good and it would not interfere with racers going to Monster Mopar.

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 02:41 PM

Russ,
Thanks for your concern, maybe we can get together and talk old hot rods. The cards were stacked against me that day. As soon as I noticed the fire, I turned off everything from inside the car. Got out and thought I shut off the master switch. We still do not know what started the fire. After the fire was finally extinguished and things settled down, one of the track guys said that the fuel pump was still running. It didn't make sense as the master switch was turned off. After some investigation we found the contacts in the master welded together and unable to open the circuit. This was caused by the main battery lead having the insulation melted and shorted to ground. The power to the fuel pump is routed in the same harness to the back of the car. The fuel pump power lead then shorted/melted to the main power lead. This made it impossible to shut off the fuel pump without crawling under a burning car and physically unplugging the fuel pump. In the future I will run the power to the fuel pump in its own harness. Hopefully fellow racers who have run the wires together will see this post and isolate the two leads. If other members read this post and know of a way to get this information to the entire site, it could save someone from disaster.

Attached picture 7420198-002.JPG
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 04:07 PM

wow what a mess, hopefully after you clean things up there will be alot you can reuse. where are you at, I'm up by Wausau.
Russ

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 05:15 PM

Between Plover & Rapids.

Attached picture 7420397-003.JPG
Posted By: BLONDE BARRACUDA

Re: Mopar Max II at Cedar Falls Raceway Oct 5-7th!! - 10/14/12 08:11 PM

Denny let me know when you are going to start working on it, things are going to slow down at work soon, I can give you a hand. Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums