Moparts

norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going?

Posted By: Mr340

norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 01:36 PM

Who's going?

I've never been to Norwalk and am thinking about making the trip but I can only make Saturday. Is it worth it to race only one day /do they run all classes on Saturday?
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 02:17 PM

There is a gamblers race on Saturday along with 10-O shootout & Quick 16 eliminations. I'll be there along with another friend its a good time for sure.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 02:22 PM

I went last year for one full day and had fun. We arrived early Saturday morning and left Sunday morning. This year I'm doing Monster Mopar instead. I can't do back-to-back weekends with all the stuff my kids have going on.
Posted By: Rapid340

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 02:23 PM

I plan on going if the weather is decent just to make a few passes. The track is usually prepped well for this event.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 04:19 PM

We will be there in force. Going too try & run both Pro & Super Pro. Put velcro on my delay box and a plus for quick install & removal. Look for Team Michalik Racing on the far side of the track in the wooded area past the finish line. Stop in we will have food & cold beverages for all!!! Hope we have another great year there. The Baders really keep the place in shape for the Moparts teams. See ya, Ken & Carrie Michalik

Attached picture 7355833-2011Norwalk.jpg
Posted By: Labratt

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 04:26 PM

Quote:

I plan on going if the weather is decent just to make a few passes. The track is usually prepped well for this event.

"prepped well" is an understatement! The starting line area is like a glue pit! Gary....you'll LOVE it!
Posted By: Clanton

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 04:37 PM

Scott Koffel said the Lake Erie Monster will be there T/D and i will be there also.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 04:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

"prepped well" is an understatement! The starting line area is like a glue pit! Gary....you'll LOVE it!

and I have a 1.29 60ft timeslip to prove it!!!

Normal 60ft is in the 1.35 to 1.38 range so yea it's the "House of Hook"

Russ

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:01 PM

Just made reservations at the Hampton Inn..Sandusky. I'll be hanging out with Doug Boyce(69ChargerMD) Should be a GREAT time...AS ALWAYS!
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:03 PM

I will be making the long westward 8.5 mile trip!!!!!
Count me in for Friday & Sat. night gamblers races.
Might be rusty. I have not been out in 2 months. LOL
Follow my blue turd in first round if you are looking for a duck first round.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:05 PM

We are scrambling to make it. Still have to install the wheelie bars and hood scoop as well as a couple minor things. Randy, is the wife going with you? Denise was curious too.

Randy
Posted By: A12

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:17 PM

I'm heading out to Norwalk/Summit tonight (Wednesday) to run my '69 GTX and I haven't drag raced in decades...the GTX is stock except for tire/wheels and a Holley 770 carb. What do I need to run the car just for fun and just see what it will do? Do I need a helmet? Not a problem as I have close to a dozen from motorcycle racing but don't want to take it if I don't need one.

If it turns out to be as much fun as I hope it will then I'll do this every chance I get and maybe on the MWF the 14th-16th

(didn't mean to take this thread OT, just need to know if I need to take a helmet tonight?)

Thanks
Posted By: dartman366

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:24 PM

I will be rolling in to linder's lot around 3:00 thursday nite/friday morning, leaving straight from work, going to run S/P, 10.00 shootout, and maybe a gamblers race throwed in if I feel the urge, car is running great,,,now if I could just find a driver....

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:27 PM

Quote:

I'm heading out to Norwalk/Summit tonight (Wednesday) to run my '69 GTX and I haven't drag raced in decades...the GTX is stock except for tire/wheels and a Holley 770 carb. What do I need to run the car just for fun and just see what it will do? Do I need a helmet? Not a problem as I have close to a dozen from motorcycle racing but don't want to take it if I don't need one.

If it turns out to be as much fun as I hope it will then I'll do this every chance I get and maybe on the MWF the 14th-16th

(didn't mean to take this thread OT, just need to know if I need to take a helmet tonight?)

Thanks

my personal opinion is take a helmet regardless of how fast or slow the car is it's your gourd, protect it.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 05:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

my personal opinion is take a helmet regardless of how fast or slow the car is it's your gourd, protect it.

Best point ever! I have to plead DUH for not even thinking that way. I won't ride a bike without one even testing in our parking lot. Thanks for the wake up call
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Thanks

You need a 2005 or later Snell approved helmet. I also have a couple of helmets I use for motorcycle racing (was racing a road coarse this last Monday actually) but none of those helmets are “legal” for drag racing my car (go figure).

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 06:39 PM

I have dirt and road helmets and I'll just take this one that I wore today on my 990 Super Duke, should work....I hope

Attached picture 7355994-DSC04154rs.jpg

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 07:49 PM

Quote:

I went last year for one full day and had fun. We arrived early Saturday morning and left Sunday morning. This year I'm doing Monster Mopar instead. I can't do back-to-back weekends with all the stuff my kids have going on.

I'm thinking of arriving when the gates open @ 8am, How was tech saturday morning?

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 08:02 PM

We arrived right before 8:00, got our pit set up and then drove the car to tech, which was right before the staging lanes on the left side. SUPER easy and fast!
Posted By: poppaj

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 09:07 PM

Not feeling well at all but we will be there!!! poppaj

Attached picture 7356155-NSS_2.jpg
Posted By: rickraw

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 09:24 PM

i hope to be at the house of hook. 3 days of fun.
Posted By: Flammopar

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 09:36 PM

We will be there thursday night. Looking forward to it
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 10:01 PM

Can't miss this one.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 10:10 PM

I'll be there as well. We plan on parking on Thursday morning.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 10:51 PM

The whole family n I will be there dad with the 68 Satellite n me with the old R/T (Rusty/Truck) runnin Sportsman

Posted By: cudaboy

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/29/12 11:59 PM

Quote:

We arrived right before 8:00, got our pit set up and then drove the car to tech, which was right before the staging lanes on the left side. SUPER easy and fast!

That was the second year you went, correct? I don't remember the first year being so easy...LOL

Dennis
Posted By: 69dart

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 12:08 AM

We plan on being there.

Testing the new 383 in the 33' Dodge Roadster this weekend.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 12:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That was the second year you went, correct? I don't remember the first year being so easy...LOL

Dennis

dammit, I should have known that someone would bring that up. HA! No, my first time at Norwalk wasn't so great, but the second time more than made up for it.
I still get flack from Mr. plasticfantasic about it.
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dennis

dammit, I should have known that someone would bring that up. HA! No, my first time at Norwalk wasn't so great, but the second time more than made up for it.
I still get flack from Mr. plasticfantasic about it.

no no no, i just remind you of what whats her face said you should have done... i cant help it if it was so insanely stupid what she said that I cant forget it years later.

(I know whats her faces name... I'm just being a gentleman)
Posted By: gj69charger

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 04:32 AM

Hope to be there on Thurs. If I get the car back together.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 12:43 PM

We're going, but wasnt coming till friday afternoon ? By the sounds of it should I just go on Thrusday ? Anyhow I still gota a ton of work to do on Dusty to get her ready... Havent been out at all this year, so this will be the first time...

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 02:17 PM

And I still love ya Doug!

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 03:46 PM

Katherine..what's there to love about Doug??? Just funnin' wit ya' Dougie!

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 04:42 PM

love you both too...

but just in case, you are calling ahead right?

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 05:21 PM

I'll tell them Doug sent me.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 07:59 PM

Quote:

I'll tell them Doug sent me.

you'll probably hear, "who?"
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 09:21 PM

Yup,,,

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 10:56 PM

Took the GTX there last night HAD A BLAST!! Was there from 6:00 - 11:00 and abused the heck out of the GTX, never could get it to hook up, learned that racing a 4-speed (or any number of gear manual) is an art that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT and have the utmost respect for drivers that still compete with and also for those in the past I tried, "walking", "pedaling", "feathering", tap dancing I don't know if there are even words to describe how bad I was doing trying to get back into something I did decades ago with a Torqueflite. Couldn't keep it from rolling after staging, don't know if it was the clutch or my bad technique, I'm thinking the latter

I ended up going three rounds in eliminations and broke out by by over 5-tenths and I had the other car by a bunch and wasn't going to hit the brakes. The car was.....make that; I WAS SO INCONSISTANT that I couldn't figure out what I was going to run.

After most of the eliminations were done they let us have more time trials so I tried to practice staging and 60' time improvemnent and had a blast just doing that.

Now I'm working on a better clutch, distributor, intake, tires and............. The GTX is a 94,000 mile numbers everything car that is being flogged and abused by me but driven like I guess it was originally built for...WAY TOO MUCH FUN

I may be ready for the 14-16 weekend for me to abuse the GTX and embarrass myself some more just for the fun of it

Attached picture 7357695-DSC04673aaaa.jpg

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 11:22 PM

Quote:

The GTX is a 94,000 mile numbers everything car that is being flogged and abused by me but driven like I guess it was originally built for...WAY TOO MUCH FUN

I'm glad to see someother people haven't forgotten that they are cars , they were ment to be driven and enjoyed. My dad and I drive our stuff to the track race n drive home. He runs a car very similar to yours, a 68 Satellite with a 383+6 pac and a 4 speed on T/A Radials.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/30/12 11:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The GTX is a 94,000 mile numbers everything car that is being flogged and abused by me but driven like I guess it was originally built for...WAY TOO MUCH FUN

I'm glad to see someother people haven't forgotten that they are cars , they were ment to be driven and enjoyed. My dad and I drive our stuff to the track race n drive home. He runs a car very similar to yours, a 68 Satellite with a 383+6 pac and a 4 speed on T/A Radials.

yep, drove it to the track and back and had more fun in the staging lanes waiting to run than at a local cruise. A lot of people came over and checked the GTX out and told me stories of how they had this car or that car and what they knew about Mopars and you could read into it that they really did do that or knew this about cars. Not like at the local cruises where some of the time you know the beer is doing the talking There were plenty of Mopars there so it was a good time, even a friend and his wife from the A12 Registry was there with Janet his wife running her '69 road runner. Lined up with her three times and she all three times and kick my butt rolled through the staging beams once after a nice 2-gear burnout from the water box what a mess I was The starter looked at me like "is this your first time"......."well no this is my third time, I was here today two times earlier and was feeling cocky" he laughed at me

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/31/12 01:07 AM

Your friend wouldn't happen to be Dave Eschedor would it? I got the 8 3/4 housing that's in my truck from him.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/31/12 01:09 AM

We will be there in the trees as usual cooking up some grub around 2:00 Saturday so come on by with something for the grill and enjoy a cool one
Gus

Attached picture 7357834-mysavoy.jpg
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 08/31/12 01:28 AM

Gus. What are you making? I might have to bring some Kentucky bourbon

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/01/12 10:23 PM

Quote:

Well the last few years we have just been doing steaks and corn on the grill Some guys bring chicken or a type of sausage product(brats,kielbasa,etc) You bring it we grill it
Gus

Attached picture 7360512-mysavoy.jpg

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/01/12 11:56 PM

now you have me drooling all over the keyboard let see if we can get this stickied,,,,,,,,HEY TED, you looking

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/02/12 12:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well the last few years we have just been doing steaks and corn on the grill Some guys bring chicken or a type of sausage product(brats,kielbasa,etc) You bring it we grill it
Gus

You guys got me thinkin more about a grocery list than parts & tools for the car.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/02/12 12:57 PM

[quotelet see if we can get this stickied,,,,,,,,HEY TED, you looking ]

You guys know that all you have to do is ask!! Have fun!!
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/02/12 04:56 PM

Im going to make it down for friday this year, the boss wont give me my vacation check so I will take it 1 day at a time
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/04/12 12:57 AM

Super Scamp will not be able to make it this year,work and going to Indy will take all the funds.. But you all have fun and God Speed...

Attached picture 7363389-RaceTrack008.JPG
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/04/12 01:11 AM

Quote:

Super Scamp will not be able to make it this year,work and going to Indy will take all the funds.. But you all have fun and God Speed...

That's too bad Ray, I was hoping to hang out with you again. Maybe I can make it to Indy...
Posted By: nss guy

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/04/12 01:31 AM

I am hoping to be there sometime Friday, lets hope for good weather

Attached picture 7363473-7580f.jpg
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 12:06 AM

Quote:

Im going to make it down for friday this year, the boss wont give me my vacation check so I will take it 1 day at a time

Greg, It will be good to see you. Been awhile. We will be there Thursday evening sometime. Can't wait the cars are running awesome this race season.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 01:07 AM

Quote:

Greg, How's the car coming along?
Lookin forward to seeing that Charger run down the track
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 07:09 AM

Quote:

Russ

What is your beverage of choice, sir? You drink Crown? Sorry, but I'm not gonna be happy until your a$$ is tryin' to paddle your air mattress down the retention ditch chasing robins.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 07:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

What is your beverage of choice, sir? You drink Crown? Sorry, but I'm not gonna be happy until your a$$ is tryin' to paddle your air mattress down the retention ditch chasing robins.

that would be well worth the price of admission just to watch.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 07:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

that would be well worth the price of admission just to watch.

Oh no you didn't go there

I'm not on the Jack D budget like the Bird so some Windsor Canadian with some Dt Code Red works fine for me and let me tell you that "Robin" better have wings or it's gonna get hurt and if the Bird is there and wants to share some of that Jack

Russ
Posted By: gj69charger

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/06/12 09:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Greg, How's the car coming along?
Lookin forward to seeing that Charger run down the track

Hey Gary. Just got the car together this weekend. Hope to go out to Lapeer on Sun and make a couple of passes. See you at Norwalk.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/07/12 02:13 AM

Awesome Charger, buddy. Can't wait to see it again. I will not be racing, but set up on the swap side. I will be swapping old race parts and selling my 71 4 speed Satellite. I will have some wiresets available. Look for the trailer and banners.

Posted By: 73-Dart-sport

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/07/12 02:13 AM

My son and I will be there. Looking forward to some great racing.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/07/12 02:35 AM

Quote:

My son and I will be there. Looking forward to some great racing.

I met your son at Norwalk a couple weeks ago[August 24th]
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/07/12 05:56 AM

Quote:

Oh no you didn't go there

I'm not on the Jack D budget like the Bird so some Windsor Canadian with some Dt Code Red works fine for me and let me tell you that "Robin" better have wings or it's gonna get hurt and if the Bird is there and wants to share some of that Jack

Russ

Sounds good to me. See ya guys next week.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/08/12 04:36 PM

Just thought I would share. thought this was very well said. good bye to the old in to the new.

Norwalk #1 race track.

Dear Mo-Power Events,

I have to admit, knowing that next weekend will be our last Norwalk Event race truly brings tears to my eyes. After racing this series for 10+ years, Norwalk and the Mopar World Finals there have truly become an event like no other and one that will hold so many memories. Norwalk was where I debuted my 65 Cuda and entered my 1st Chrysler Classic drag race. Granted we had been racing for years prior, but this was MY first show with MY car. The Blankenship's have been amazing people to our family and I really just want to say Thank You so much for everything you have done and all of the hardwork and time you have put in over the years making these events what they are. Next clearly isn't going to be as big as it has been in the past with only 2 races. However, next weekend I say we all go to Norwalk and make it a HUGE weekend to never forget.

Yours Truly,
Mopar Chasity
Posted By: mustanggtr

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/08/12 06:11 PM

What has happen to the HIGHLY Pubished 5 year contract with MOPOWER and Bill Bader sitting at his desk smiling ?
Posted By: 73-Dart-sport

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/09/12 01:40 AM

Yes, we were glad to be able to let you know where your spare parts came off. Hope to see you this next week. Stop by and say hello.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/09/12 04:21 AM

If anybody needs wires, please pm or call to reserve. It's the end of the year, and I want to run out !! Let me know what to bring.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/09/12 01:48 PM

there will be a korn holie contest at the Smith camp, small entry fee with 100% pay back! and trophy for the winner! also stop by saturday evening for a cup of chile and vote for your favorate of 3 different batches! a small chile cookoff between myself and two others, all free till its gone, see you all next weekend, will be a good time for sure!

Attached picture 7371212-7342788-LarrySmith(2).jpg
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 12:52 AM

I will be there. Only had the car out once this year. Cant wait, plan going to INDY as well.

See you all on thursday
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 06:25 PM

wont be going up this year.. staying home.. i can run sat and sun at trails for $20 bucks and run for $1,100.. save a lot of money that way.. good luck to all.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 08:03 PM

Dustin...it isn't about the money!...as MOST on here will agree with me! It's about seeing friends from around the country...and Canada,which unfortunately,only happens once or twice a year! Norwalk remains the "highlight" car event of the season for me!...it's ALL about hangin' with my buds!

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 08:46 PM

I have a Q,PLEASE, so i can showup on thursday and reg after the prereg and go ing after them?THX!

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 09:13 PM

?????????

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 09:16 PM

Event Ticket Pricing & Info
FEES
Adult - Fri $15
Adult - Sat $20
Adult - Sun $15
Adult - Weekend $30
Child (12 & Under) FREE!

CAMPING
Motorhome $75
Family Camping $65

Each ticket includes access into the pit areas and General Admission Parking is FREE!

Trackside Electric Motorhome Parking
Parking for motorhomes and recreational vehicles alongside the track. Parking in our trackside electric spots require that your vehicle be classified as a Class A, B or C Motorhome.

Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheel, Sport Utility Trailer, Truck Campers, Tents and Pop-up Trailers will camp in Primitive camping.

Upon purchase of a camp ground site, campers will be provided with a list of rules and regulations.

All person(s) staying in one of our camping locations are required to have a weekend admission ticket.

List of Area Lodging

Participant Fees
All Participant vehicles for car show, Mopar Alley fun field and racing must be Mopar Powered AND Bodied. (Includes Dodge, Plymouth, Chrylser, AMC and Jeep)

Racer Fees
Quick 16 (Car & Driver) $115
Hemi (Car & Driver) $100
Max Wedge (Car & Driver) $ 90
Super Pro (Car & Driver) $ 90
Pro (Car & Driver) $ 70
Sportsman (Car & Driver) $ 50
Gamblers Race $ 20
Ten-O Shootout (Car & Driver) $ 20

Pre-Registered race entries include admission for car & driver and event t-shirt. Pre-register on line at
www.mo-powernow.com. Pit Access Decal - drivers can purchase up to 1 additional decal, price $20.

Mopar World Final "Invitation Only" Judged Competition - call Mo-Power Events at 740-983-0426

Mopar Alley Cruise-in
(Non-Judged) $25

Swap Meet
10' x 30' Swap space
Incl one adult admission $55
Each additional space
(Space Only) $25
Car Corral - no parts
Incl one adult admission $45
Each additional car corral
space (Space Only) $15

Manufacturer's Midway
10' x 30' call 740-983-0426

Golf Cart Rental info Golf Car Company 1-800-589-8833 www.golfcarcompany.com

Weekend Schedule
Thurs Sept 13
Linder's Lot opens
for Racer Line-up only 8am
Pre-Registered racers
move-in 1:30pm
Racer Registration begins 2pm - 10pm
Vendor set-up 2pm - 8pm
Tech in staging lanes 3pm - 7pm
Camping & Motorhome
Move-in 3pm - 8pm
Racer Registration closes,
line up in Linder's Lot 10pm

Friday Sept 14
Gates Open 8am
Racer Registration
in Linder's Lot 8am
Swap Meet & Car Corral
(Summit Gate) 8am
Camping & Motorhome
Move-in 9am - 7pm
Time Trials 9am
Mopar Alley Registration 10am - 6pm
Gambler's Box &
No Box Race 4:30pm
Secure Track 10pm

Saturday Sept 15
Gates Open 8am
Show vehicle, Swap Meet
8am
Camping & Motorhome
Move-in 9am - 6pm
Time Trials 9am
Judged entries
must be on show field 9:59am
Quick 16 Qualifying 10am & Noon
Ten O qualifying 11am & 1:30pm
Quick 16 &
Ten O Eliminations 3:45pm
Gamblers Box &
No Box Races 4pm
Secure Track 10pm

Sunday Sept 16
Gates Open 8am
Mopar Alley Show vehicle &
swap meet registration 8am
Racers For Christ
Nondenominational
Church Service 8am
Eliminations 9am
Car Show parade, Top
Finalists announced 11am

Schedule subject to change without notice.

Click below for detailed weekend schedule

For Event info please contact:
Contact Us...
chris@mo-powernow.com
740-983-0426

All Mopar Family Event!
9/14/2012
- 9/16/2012
Get Tickets & Info!

All Makes Welcome!
9/21/2012
- 9/23/2012

The fastest doorslammers in the Country!
9/28/2012
- 9/29/2012
Get Tickets & Info!

The World's Largest Sportsman Drag Race!
10/21/2012
- 10/28/2012
Get Tickets & Info!

Speed! Spectacle! Stars!
7/4/2013
- 7/7/2013
Get Tickets & Info!

One of the Largest Midwest Street Rod Events!
7/19/2013
- 7/21/2013
Get Tickets & Info!

About Our Track Find Us Contact Us Corporate
Sponsorship
& Entertainment

Quote:

Yes, we were glad to be able to let you know where your spare parts came off. Hope to see you this next week. Stop by and say hello.

LOL!Ya the hooker comp emblem came off the headers after 22yrs so i had to weld shut the revit holes when i got home.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/10/12 09:41 PM

Quote:

Dustin...it isn't about the money!...as MOST on here will agree with me! It's about seeing friends from around the country...and Canada,which unfortunately,only happens once or twice a year! Norwalk remains the "highlight" car event of the season for me!...it's ALL about hangin' with my buds!

I know i will miss the people too... but also you never know what may happem with the payout with this being c.b.'s last race. you have to make some of the money worth the tow.
Posted By: RonP

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/11/12 02:38 PM

My Duster, well not mine any more, should be there with its new owner..

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/11/12 03:17 PM

Are you going to put some of that birthday cake Vodka in the chili?

WE will be there too test some of the chili, Hope its not like skyline lol
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/12/12 12:56 AM

iced cake and wipped cream vodka ready for korn hole contest, probaly not that great in the chile, but will make excellent chaser!!!!!!!!! And will guarantee chile will not reseamble sky line or wendys
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/12/12 02:11 AM

Quote:

iced cake and wipped cream vodka ready for korn hole contest, probaly not that great in the chile, but will make excellent chaser!!!!!!!!! And will guarantee chile will not reseamble sky line or wendys

Now you went and twisted my arm. Whipped cream vodka.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/12/12 04:11 AM

If you guys can find me on the swap side, I'll have clam chowda starting Friday afternoon !!! Bring your beers and chairs.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/12/12 07:52 PM

If you are not pre-entered am I reading this right that you can register and enter the track between 3pm-8pm on Thursday? Thanks.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/12/12 08:47 PM

Quote:

If you are not pre-entered am I reading this right that you can register and enter the track between 3pm-8pm on Thursday? Thanks.

That is the way i see it.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/13/12 02:39 AM

Diana Said HER chili would put all of you to shame.... Soubds like a challange to me.
Posted By: Xtreme-Octane

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/13/12 02:45 AM

Me and My Son will be there vending as usual.. Also bringing the 1970 EK2 Go Mango Charger RT/SE.. Leavin by Noon on Thursday.. Cant wait.. Come check us out and say hello...

Attached picture 7377147-DISPLAY.jpg

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/13/12 02:53 AM

Quote:

Diana Said HER chili would put all of you to shame.... Soubds like a challange to me.

Are you talking about the after effects?
sorry i had to,lol.

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/13/12 03:35 AM

WOW you know her too lol

Re: norwalk-mopar world finals. sept. 14-16, Who's going? - 09/14/12 02:15 AM

Well just got the car loaded up and some RainX on the glass Will be a slow go in the rain with a spool and ET Street radials Kinda like a typical Ohio drive in the snow don't make any sudden stupid moves
See you guys there
Gus

Attached picture 7378445-mysavoy.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums