Moparts

A real street/strip car.

Posted By: 383man

A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:03 AM

I have proof my 63 is a real street/strip car as it has working wipers and radio ! How many can say that ? Ron

Posted By: mshred

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:37 AM

Quote:

I have proff my 63 is a real street/strip car as it has working wipers and radio ! How many can say that ? Ron

I can ..but im gonna one up you Ron and say I have a working heater, and a full stereo too ...although your car is still faster and therefore more badass than mine

But someone will post who probably has something faster, with everything above mentioned, and A/C on top of it LOL

Real street cars TTFMF!
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:41 AM

But can you hear the radio at 6000 rpm? And I bet the wipers "float around" at 124+ MPH .

Seriously Ron, your car DEFINES street AND strip. And probably show, too! You know I'm a fan...and jealous. HOW FREAKIN' COOL to drive your 10second car to and from the track...or whenever you felt like it. AWESOME ! ! !

In fact, let's see the other 10-11second cars on this board that are STREET driven, licensed, tagged and insured...
Posted By: justinp61

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:51 AM

Wipers,map light, trunk light and glove box light, the cigarette lighter even works. The heater/defrost works better on this car than any old Mopar I've ever owned. The radio is there but doesn't work, I like the music the 408 makes anyway. It goes high 6.50s in good air and low 6.70s in the heat,1/8 of course. Not the fastest or the nicest, but it's mine.

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:56 AM

Thanks for the kind words mshred and cudadoug. Actually my heater works but I dont have the heater hoses hooked up as it looked like the core may have leaked a little and I dont usually need it. I will drive it when in the 40's and even 30's some times in the daytime and I feel enough eng heat that its not bad. Oh I also have a bridge sticker for my drivers back side window as Cecil dragway is across a river and its cheaper to get a bridge sticker then pay $5.00 dollars everytime I cross it. Ron

And yes lets see the other street cars that get driven to the track.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 04:17 AM

You know I like it
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:32 AM

Quote:

I have proof my 63 is a real street/strip car as it has working wipers and radio ! How many can say that ? Ron

Your car is beautifull, powerfull and you got me beat...............no wipers or heater but my $10,000 radio is music to my ears and I`m driving it to the track tomorrow night(street race)for a few hundred bucks and ass whoopin pleasure.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:32 AM

Wipers, stereo and tail pipes.

I have to admit I pulled the wiper motor out 2 months ago on a weight loss hunt. (had not turned them on in years) But the blades/arms are there.

I don't drive it to the track much any more, but once in a while just to show I can.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:41 AM

Wipers, stereo, heater, all the lights inside and out,
fuel gauge and all the other gauges... all in a tube
chassis car ... I havent hooked up the windshield
squirters YET but they're wired in
Posted By: moparniac

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 08:25 AM

I only have a 1 barrel carb and race it on local 93 does that count?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 12:05 PM

My key buzzer still works....
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Mine does too.

Attached picture 7327032-wheeliepic.jpg
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 12:31 PM

Everything that came with my car new when I bought it, is still with the car and working. Bench seats front and back. Heater, radio,wipers,all instruments, map light, windows, horn, lights, it runs on pump gas and I drive it on the street as well as race it.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 01:25 PM

I've got wipers on mine and had to use them last Saturday. Drove it about 70 miles to a car show, rained on the way back. I've still got the heater but it's tucked away in the garage. It never had a radio in it. It makes 8mpg. Dave
Posted By: smoke

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 03:34 PM

Ron,
that's a hell of a ride!
You should add a sound-file...

What's it's weight (with radio + full ashtray)?
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 04:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Your car is beautifull, powerfull and you got me beat...............no wipers or heater but my $10,000 radio is music to my ears and I`m driving it to the track tomorrow night(street race)for a few hundred bucks and ass whoopin pleasure.

WHAT?? Dom you have a grudge race and there wasn't a thread about it? Come on, man...who/what/when/where and then the results, please!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 04:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT?? Dom you have a grudge race and there wasn't a thread about it? Come on, man...who/what/when/where and then the results, please!

There`s some local`s that don`t know me yet so HOPEFULLY we can put the hurt to em. I`ll know more tonight but my buddy tells me there are some import turbo guys that say they will race ANYONE for any amount of money tonight so, I`m going to do a quick blast for my wot tune and go from there............. Last time I posted about a grudge race it went nutz and never happened anyhow so I figured I`d post results instead of promises.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:01 PM

My glove box light still works!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:03 PM

Working heater, radio, functioning wipers, map light, dome light, trunk light, and door buzzer, and it has a car seat in the back.

And I wonder why it weighs 3,300 pounds. huh...
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:25 PM

Quote:

My key buzzer still works....

Mine works when it wants to...and its rather annoying...

BUT i'm not in the 10-11s yet...but I've got a bottle to help me there

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the kind replies.
Let see I still use the stock gas tank and my dome light works. No key buzzers came in 63. All the gauges work. The body is all stock (no tubbing or cutting done on car) and I have stock type tail pipes. Oh yea the horn works as I made sure I put a loud horn on it last year when the new eng went it in case some goofball gets in my way. And I still use the factory ign switch. I think thats about it. Ron
Posted By: DconD100

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 08:47 PM

I've always loved your car Ron! It reminds me of my old man letting me drive his 65 Sport Fury when I was a senior in high school.

I recently blew one of the turbos in my daily driver Audi, so I'm back to driving the truck to work every day. It's a good thing I left the heater and wipers in it. I'm still amazed at how well it gets through the snow during the winter months with the spool! I had forgotten how loud it is until trying to not wake the neighbors every morning at 6:30AM...It's one of the quietest vehicles at the dragstrip. Only thing that sucks is going from 30 mpg to 10!

I'd like to take it to Great Bend or Kearney to run it some time, but I'd probably get the boot for not having a rollbar. It would be fun to find out if it would really run in the 10s like the altitude correction suggests.
Posted By: therocks

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 09:34 PM

Ron Im with you.My 65 everything works except the radio that I havent put in yet.Mine .030 over 440,12.5 domes,.588 Comp cams,aluminum heads,Holley Dominator and 4 speed.I do need to get either 4.30 or 4.56 gears yet as the 3.91 arent enough.Just as I said before I wish it was a nice as yours.Rocky
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/08/12 11:16 PM

Mine has wipers (no wiper motor...because I don't drive in the rain) and a radio. It even passed emissions when I lived in Colorado (just barely). I drive it to the track on occasion, but I normally trailer it just in case. Last year I drove it to Monster Mopar Weekend in Indy....and had to drive home in the rain Sunday....that was scary.
Posted By: dragram440

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 01:53 PM

I have wipers that work but I pulled the heater box out last night and I am glad. 45 lbs and a 14 k gold wedding ring in the defroster vent. No radio.

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 02:39 PM

next build will be a 500+ wedge with a whimpy cam and O.D.... oh yeah and 10-12lbs of boost something I can drive 50+ miles run low 10's and drive home.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 06:01 PM

Ron...ya'got me beat!...et's,and cosmetics! Your '63' is a 'jewel" for sure!..oh,yeah!..and a TRUE street/stripper! My GTX has been/will be driven fairly often on the street,when I get it completed....but with a 4:56,and proximity to the closest track..I don't have the guts to venture driving it quite that far! I can say that both,my wiper blades,and radio(Sony CD player)still work! Of course,with a 3" exhaust and Ultra-Flo's,terminating at the axle....the stereo system is deemed worthless,cruising down the road!

Attached picture 7328726-GTXAFTERFINALBUFFING!!!014.jpg

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Ron,
that's a hell of a ride!
You should add a sound-file...

What's it's weight (with radio + full ashtray)?

Sorry as I missed this earlier. My 63 weighs just over 3700 lbs with me in it.
Wow I tell you there is some very fine stree/strip machines owned by you all here on Moparts. Thanks for posting your street/strip cars. Now lets see more with pics as I love reading about street/strip cars and their combo's. And I enjoy pics of them. Ron
Posted By: dvw

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 10:25 PM

Wipers,radio, and the back seat. never run it w/o mufflers. Driven it to Columbus more than once. Never gone 10s though, only 11.01
Doug

Attached picture 7328973-IMG_7456.JPG
Posted By: 340B5

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/09/12 10:54 PM

I never did understand why someone would remove the Wipers, heater box, heater blower radio etc. Just to loose ~30 lbs and gain .03-.04, unless you're running 9 sec or so and need every last bit.

I'm considering hooking a speaker to my radio (still installed) in order to hear the track announcer.
Posted By: Von

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 12:14 AM

Quote:

I never did understand why someone would remove the Wipers, heater box, heater blower radio etc. Just to loose ~30 lbs and gain .03-.04, unless you're running 9 sec or so and need every last bit.

My junk is all factory, cept the glass hood. Full interior, stock tank, no radio (radio delete car, but I have one on the shelf to put in the glove box), heater box still in car, wipers, all seats and seat belts, tail pipes,sound deadner under carpet and behind backseat, front sway bar still on car, etc. At 3800 lbs and weight transfer challenged, I wont apologize for the glass hood.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 12:49 AM

My Satellite is a true street car, with every single thing that came from the factory still in tact and working, including the cigarette lighter. Wipers: check! Orig. AM radio: check! Heater: check! Full original interior: check! Spare tire and jack: check! Working trunk light: check! Steel hood, bumpers, and wheels: check! Full exhaust: check! Fill'er up at the local pump: check! Drive it to the track: check! 11.92 @ 111mph: CHECK!!!
Posted By: nss guy

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 01:35 AM

you got me on the heater and radio, as my car came as radio and heater delete car. I have everything else but a horn, and my car is quiet! Not the best street manners with a spool but still tame enough to cruise around
Ron your car is cool as h$ll, you need to put a crossram on that thing

Attached picture 7329211-vegasburnout1.jpg
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 01:35 AM

[image]http://[/image]

Driven on the streets of New York City. All steel with a few options taken out for good measure. Passes the safety test and all.
Wedge motor with Manual valve body and 410 Dana cogs out back. Steel wheels, Home made Hemi AFX scoop, A990 interior, Gas tank in stock location but with a Aeromotive in tank fuel pump feeding the four mouths. Cruises very civil on the highway.

Attached picture 7329212-5879426805_8549c143bc_z.jpg
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 02:15 AM

My wife's Barracuda...100% street legal, 3600lbs with a 1/4 tank of fuel and no driver...3825lbs with me behind the wheel. (Can't disclose the weight with my wife behind the wheel, but it's a lot less than me.)

Wipers, heater, door buzzer, car seat(s), Gran Coupe interior, stereo, blah, blah, blah.

11.50's @ 118mph through full exhaust, air cleaner and on drag radials.

Just a cast crank 440 with 906 heads. No bottle or any other power adders.

Attached picture 7329275-DSC03071-1.jpg

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 03:41 AM

Quote:

I'm considering hooking a speaker to my radio (still installed) in order to hear the track announcer.

Its pretty damn simple... light weight is faster and
maybe more important.. its easier on parts... so you
dont have to make big HP in a light car... and 30 lbs
is a pretty good start for a race car that will NEVER
use that stuff..... yes I have all that stuff on my
street/strip car.... plus I even have a trailer hitch
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 03:46 AM

Light is might.
Less HP to pull the groceries.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 04:03 AM

My toy is a street car but only gets used on nice days so no heater and raido delete.

No times yet...
Posted By: 67dodge67

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 05:14 AM

Quote:

In fact, let's see the other 10-11second cars on this board that are STREET driven, licensed, tagged and insured...

67 Coronet. 470, 4.10 dana, bullet roller, 950 quik fuel, PTC 9 1/2", all steel, licensed, insured, etc.etc... havin fun with it... best so far 11.77 @ 115, 1.65 60'. Me likey

Dave

Attached picture 7329496-P1020845.JPG
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 05:23 AM

Mine still has horn, heater, and wipers and I'll raise my ante. I have taken mine grocery shopping too!

Mike

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 07:00 AM

Quote:

next build will be a 500+ wedge with a whimpy cam and O.D.... oh yeah and 10-12lbs of boost something I can drive 50+ miles run low 10's and drive home.

My Rampage has OD(518 trans) with a 5000 stall, at best
guess so far... 4.10 gear with a 418 SB... not sure
what it'll run but I am expecting low 10 maybe 9s
but all I want is 10.0 or a bit slower... all the stuff
that came on it works except the buzzer( I hated that)...
complete with the trailer hitch that I put
on it new when I bought the car new(actually its
the wifes car).... I should have a better idea what
it'll run next week after I have the engine dynoed

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 08:19 AM

my old chally
heater/wipers/full interior/full exhaust/cd player and speakers with ebrake/ raced on local 93 and radials! 10.6 only time out on new setup...

man she sounded good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-szQ1yrgY

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 02:25 PM

Quote:

Mine still has horn, heater, and wipers and I'll raise my ante. I have taken mine grocery shopping too!

Mike

well I take mine to the beer store...sooo consider yourself topped!
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 02:44 PM

Street or strip mine is at home. I have carpet lights wipers 140 pound cage certified to 8.50 and all the street things less a radio and that space is filled with a FAST air fuel meter. 3 1/2 inch exhaust to the rear bumper. When it ran 10.22 it was on pump gas and weighed 3820. If I ever get this Hemi finished it might run 9's .

Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 02:49 PM

Love your Car Ron....

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 05:59 PM

Quote:

Love your Car Ron....

Thank you. Ron

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

Got ya both beat...........took mine to the bank the other day to make a mortage payment ! Ron
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

Got ya both beat...........took mine to the bank the other day to make a mortage payment ! Ron

How about this one? The wife's Barracuda has been to WalMart for diapers on several occasions. Just got back from Napa with the car...50% off brake cleaner. $1.99 a can.
Posted By: bwhackd34

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/10/12 06:32 PM

Factory am/fm, cigarette lighter, all lights in and out drivers side wiper....no heater....took it out after an exploded clutch destroyed the box and passenger side wiper linkag..340 12.5:1, .640 roller, 810's, 1050 dom on e85, 5.13's, spool and 4spd
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 01:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

How about this one? The wife's Barracuda has been to WalMart for diapers on several occasions. Just got back from Napa with the car...50% off brake cleaner. $1.99 a can.

I've done the pampers run too! However Mr Yuck has it figured, beer run tops all!

mike

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 01:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

I've done the pampers run too! However Mr Yuck has it figured, beer run tops all!

mike

I think I have you guys all topped in that department- out to dinner (even in the rain), to the grocery store, to the mall for a couple of hours, to school, to work....I could keep going, but then I'll look crazy for driving this thing every where I do lol
Posted By: 67dodge67

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 05:08 AM

Quote:

Street or strip mine is at home. I have carpet lights wipers 140 pound cage certified to 8.50 and all the street things less a radio and that space is filled with a FAST air fuel meter. 3 1/2 inch exhaust to the rear bumper. When it ran 10.22 it was on pump gas and weighed 3820. If I ever get this Hemi finished it might run 9's .

LUVVVVVVV That Coronet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 05:10 AM

i don't have a radio, but i've been caught in rain, SNOW, you name it. wipers, lights, and yes, i honk my horn at track workers. i do not own a tow rig. too expensive.
Posted By: Tig

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 10:48 AM

Quote:

Dang, missed out.

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 02:28 PM

I used to have a car seat in the Duster for my youngest daughter. It was such a PITA to take it out that I would just leave it when I raced. I got chased down by a tech guy at Milan who thought I had raced with my kid in it. LOL.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 02:36 PM

I drive my junk in the streets and I'm only allowed to go 10 oh's.

I also have hide-away-wipers

Attached picture 7330781-100_4841.jpg
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 02:41 PM

Street - Yeah, that's a bag of groceries from the grocery store. Sorry for the blurry pic (see tach).

Strip - If you look close, you'll see another Moparts member.

Posted By: danbob

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 03:50 PM

I'll throw mine in the mix.
Wipers,stereo, heater. Went a couple of legs on the power tour, 1200 miles roud trip (10 mpg @ 4.00 a gallon, no good.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcP8ggQFopM
Posted By: HYPER8oSoNic

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 04:34 PM

Quote:

Beautiful body lines/color, RARE (Plymouths no longer made!) and Max-Wedge era car.
"Keep on MAXIN' 'em, Ron!"

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 08:49 PM

I drove mine to work yesterday, then out to lunch with the coworkers.

Left work, went to the racetrack and went 10.84@122
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 11:20 PM

Quote:

Left work, went to the racetrack and went [Email]10.84@122[/Email]

Ha-ha! Nice!!!!!!
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/11/12 11:50 PM

Quote:

Left work, went to the racetrack and went [Email]10.84@122[/Email]

One of my favorite car on Moparts!
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 02:03 AM

Quote:

Left work, went to the racetrack and went [Email]10.84@122

nice, looks like a fun car. That is raced often from what i've seen.
Posted By: Ian

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 02:55 AM

my 9 second 3550 lbs street car towing a mates drag car to the track

Attached picture 7331546-282789_10151022538317485_1212724378_n.jpg
Posted By: Charger453

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 03:02 AM

Quote:

Now that's different!
Posted By: Charger453

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 03:15 AM

I suppose I fit the bill. The car has only been to the strip a few times and so far has gone 6.79 @ 99.59 in the 1/8 thru the exhaust and on drag radials, off the bottle. I drove it to a cruise night 20 miles away, to work, and to the gym all in a week's time. That's decent. The wipers would work if the motor wasn't screwed up, but all the parts are there. I also won Best in Class in the only show entered which was World Of Wheels when it came to town.

Posted By: Ari440

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 03:21 AM

mine makes a lot of NOISE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uR_jdmzV0UI

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 03:43 AM

Posted By: HYPER8oSoNic

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 04:04 AM

Quote:

[image]http://[/image]

Driven on the streets of New York City. All steel with a few options taken out for good measure. Passes the safety test and all.
Wedge motor with Manual valve body and 410 Dana cogs out back. Steel wheels, Home made Hemi AFX scoop, A990 interior, Gas tank in stock location but with a Aeromotive in tank fuel pump feeding the four mouths. Cruises very civil on the highway.

A "true" N.Y.C. legend doin' his thing at the strip. Lot of history there.
Hey, FMJ, how was the "Connecting".

Posted By: pinkduster

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 04:27 AM

Quote:

I suppose I fit the bill. The car has only been to the strip a few times and so far has gone 6.79 @ 99.59 in the 1/8 thru the exhaust and on drag radials, off the bottle. I drove it to a cruise night 20 miles away, to work, and to the gym all in a week's time. That's decent. The wipers would work if the motor wasn't screwed up, but all the parts are there. I also won Best in Class in the only show entered which was World Of Wheels when it came to town.

Dude, seriously, I can't even find the right words to describe how hot your car is. Definitely in the top 10 of badass cars on Moparts.

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 01:44 PM

Quote:

That has to be the most beautiful and bad ass second generation charger I have ever seen!

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 02:28 PM

Quote:

that's cool!
Posted By: jyrki

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 05:35 PM

I do have a radio and wipers in the car, but don't really drive in the streets because it's increadably expensive here. A heater? Who needs one in subtropical climate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAT1V-wKn...mp;feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp91kvNRNZo&feature=relmfu

Re: A real street/strip car. - 08/12/12 08:51 PM

CHARGER453 that's my car all growed up..lol Man what an ugly cowl hood!
© 2024 Moparts Forums