Moparts

Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help?

Posted By: MrBelvedere2

Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/07/12 06:22 AM

Well I finally found an Edelbrock STR-15 cross ram intake at the swap meet today for an actual reasonable price. It has some of the linkage mounts and rods to mount to the carb, but it doesn't look like it is all there. Here is a picture, Does anyone have any pics of a setup with the rest of the linkage and the kickdown hooked up? Does anyone know where to purchase new linkages for these setups? what do I need to make it complete? thanks for any info and help.

Attached picture 7325488-STR-15.jpg
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/07/12 07:31 AM

Quote:

Well I finally found an Edelbrock STR-15 cross ram intake at the swap meet today for an actual reasonable price. It has some of the linkage mounts and rods to mount to the carb, but it doesn't look like it is all there. Here is a picture, Does anyone have any pics of a setup with the rest of the linkage and the kickdown hooked up? Does anyone know where to purchase new linkages for these setups? what do I need to make it complete? thanks for any info and help.

You need another pivot rod and linkage rod like the passenger side. The cable linkage from the car goes directly to drivers side carb. I would change the linkage to carbs to heim ends it will not bind that way. There are some mods for that intake that really help the performance. Basic mods are in the Direct-Connection racing book. Good Luck!!! poppaj

Attached picture 7325510-IMG_1807.jpg
Posted By: EWJ

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/07/12 11:01 PM

Touch base with member LAR414: he set up his Dart with one within the past 2 years IIRC.
Posted By: moparclown

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/08/12 11:56 AM

I run the STR12 and it uses the same parts by looking at what you have there,I will get you a good pic today and post it later.

Attached picture 7327019-000_4029.jpg

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/08/12 02:19 PM

Thank you I'd apreciate it
Posted By: moparclown

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/09/12 03:02 AM

I just ran out in the garage and snapped this pic.
I couldn't find a great deal of info on the str intakes.

Attached picture 7328086-000_4057.jpg

Re: Edelbrock STR-15 linkage and set up help? - 08/10/12 12:47 AM

Thanks for takig the pics it helps me out figuring out the linkage setup. How did you set up the kickdown but I don't see it at all so i assume yours is a 4 speed car? And where did you get the clamp on arms and rods mine has some but missing one more?
© 2024 Moparts Forums