Moparts

Indy rockers ??????

Posted By: MattW

Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 03:15 PM

Having a hard time keeping the rocker arms adjusted they loosen up won't stay put. Is it possible the screw and lock nut are no good?
Thanks Matt
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 03:55 PM

Hemi or wedge?
Posted By: MAXEDWEDGE

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 05:24 PM

If it's a wedge with a roller cam DON'T run big spring presure (nex tek) , the'll break .run the comp cam 991?i think and you should be ok

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 06:58 PM

Smallblock flat tapped mechanical.
I adjust the valve lash and after a couple of runs have to adjust it again.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 07:02 PM

Has the performance of the car changed any?

Pushrod tips look good?

New or used rockers?

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 07:24 PM

On Dyno.
Tip are good.
New rockets.
I can't seem to get it to stay put. I don't think they are adjusted wrong. Made sure on base circle.
I think there was a previous post about indy adjusters being junk.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 07:59 PM

Quote:

On Dyno.
Tip are good.
New rockets.
I can't seem to get it to stay put. I don't think they are adjusted wrong. Made sure on base circle.
I think there was a previous post about indy adjusters being junk.

You think Right..
Harland Sharp
Posted By: rebel

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 10:24 PM

brand new, first time out, we found that the adjuster hole was drilled at one angle but the thread was installed at another. not hard to figure out why the adjuster pushed thru.
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 10:50 PM

Same a rebel said. My friend had the same happend to him with one rocker. It was not drilled and tapped right and would keep coming loose. He just replaced the one rocker and has been fine.
Posted By: Wedgeman

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/29/12 11:58 PM

So far no problems here on my small block.....
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/30/12 03:10 AM

Quote:

Having a hard time keeping the rocker arms adjusted they loosen up won't stay put. Is it possible the screw and lock nut are no good?
Thanks Matt

I have used Indy before, and they are a good cheepy rocker arm. But I never had any problem the nut backing off. How tight are you getting the nut.
Posted By: CRIKEY

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 06/30/12 09:06 AM

Theres no question Indy rockers are junk for solid rollers, but flat tappet pressures should be fine. How certain are you the lobes arent going round?
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 07/01/12 02:33 AM

the adjusters seem fine, i run a set of indy adjuster's in my hemi (non indy rockers). never had any issues.

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 07/02/12 01:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Matt

I have used Indy before, and they are a good cheepy rocker arm. But I never had any problem the nut backing off. How tight are you getting the nut.

From the responses it seem to me that I may not be adjusting them correctly.
Thanks for everybody's input.
Posted By: Voluster

Re: Indy rockers ?????? - 07/02/12 02:31 PM

I changed the adjusters on mine before I even fired the thing

Went to adjust them and the allen head stripped out 1st one. Called summit and ordered cranes or comp whoever made them. I adjust mine twice a year and only find a couple that are out
© 2024 Moparts Forums