Moparts

Fired the BAE hemi this weekend

Posted By: BobR

Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 05:39 PM

Well the Procharged BAE Outlaw 10.5 Mustang is about to wreck some havoc. We fired the motor for the first time on Saturday. We have never used methanol before so we needed some help from someone who has. My buddy Giuseppe Gentile got us in the ballpark and after replacing 3 new Precision injectors that, for some reason, wouldn't inject the hemi is making some noise. This is going to be a great combo. Of course, I will keep you guys informed.

Attached File
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 05:45 PM

I know its been a long road getting this thing going again. Glad to hear its making noise, in a good way!!!
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 05:45 PM

Nice....
Posted By: cold85

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 05:59 PM

Nice, the guys I use are building one now as well.

What efi are you using?
Posted By: go green

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 06:02 PM

That's great news ,, I felt the ground shake way up here , thought it might be you guys

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 06:21 PM

Quote:

That's great news ,, I felt the ground shake way up here , thought it might be you guys

What you heard was the echo from the Green Monster.

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 06:22 PM

Quote:

What efi are you using?

BS3 with Precision injectors.

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/18/12 06:31 PM

Quote:

I know its been a long road getting this thing going again. Glad to hear its making noise, in a good way!!!

There were a few roadblocks, questions and logistical constraints with this update. All of the doubt was answered when it was running on all 8. We think that we'll be able to contend with anyone running a true Outlaw car. The new front end glass will be here on Friday so when That's done we will try to test somewhere. Hopefully in about 4 weeks.
Posted By: cold85

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/19/12 07:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What efi are you using?

BS3 with Precision injectors.

same here with a mag
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 12:25 AM

Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 01:04 AM

Cant wait to hear how it scoots once dialed in!
Posted By: LA360

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 01:31 AM

I hope that makes it easier for everyone

Looks great Bob, looking forward to seeing it finished!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 06:23 AM

Cant wait to see it back out there mixing it up in Outlaw...
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 01:41 PM

Looks terrific....cant wait to see the results on this deal. Good luck this year
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 02:10 PM

Is that a 139 or a 136?

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 08:27 PM

Quote:

Is that a 139 or a 136?

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 08:32 PM

Quote:

Cant wait to see it back out there mixing it up in Outlaw...

There are a couple who would rather we had stayed retired.
Everyone's best guess has us well north of 3000 HP. At 2650 pounds this thing should really move.
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/20/12 10:22 PM

Good to hear the progress Just wondering how you routed the headers
Posted By: cudacustoms1

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/21/12 12:00 AM

Looks great! I don't know how hp #'s compare from turbo to roots supercharger but we dynoed my 540 BAE fathead fully moded k-11 superman @50 over. Best #'s were 2153hp.It was to lean for what we need.So we had to add fuel. It was living well in the 1800hp range on the dyno. I heard all kinds of numbers before we ran it but thats what it made.I would be very interested to here some real world dynoed turbo motor numbers.Good luck with your combo!My motor was 39lbs of boost. What version of brads heads are you running?

Attached picture 7258408-june1pullingtruck2007.JPG

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/21/12 05:10 PM

Quote:

Looks great! I don't know how hp #'s compare from turbo to roots supercharger but we dynoed my 540 BAE fathead fully moded k-11 superman @50 over. Best #'s were 2153hp.It was to lean for what we need.So we had to add fuel. It was living well in the 1800hp range on the dyno. I heard all kinds of numbers before we ran it but thats what it made.I would be very interested to here some real world dynoed turbo motor numbers.Good luck with your combo!My motor was 39lbs of boost. What version of brads heads are you running?

We are running BA-8 alcohol heads.
Our SBF/135 procharged deal went 6.61/213 at 2750 pounds and 430 cubes on Q16. I think that figures out to something over 2000 HP. The 136 P/charger is supposed to be a lot better than the 135. We have 70 more cubes, heads that flow well over 100 CFM more and we're using M5. We'll see. Yeah HP numbers are often exaggerated. If we make close to 3000 I'll be real happy.

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/21/12 05:14 PM

Quote:

Good to hear the progress Just wondering how you routed the headers

Headers exit just behind the rear tires. I thought that I had a picture but I can't find it.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Fired the BAE hemi this weekend - 06/22/12 04:35 AM

Bob, looks killer. Congrats on getting it fired. I am sure the Brads far outweigh the 481X's now a days. I wanted to swing by 2 weekends ago when I was out there for Big Willie's funeral. Never went to sleep in 48 hours !! Watched street racing in Compton, then drove to Huntington Beach for the 4am Donut Derelicts show !!
Good luck with the new combo !!
http://www.donutderelicts.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums