Moparts

Finally

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Finally - 06/07/12 12:41 PM

Finally getting over to Dynotech today to order my
driveshaft for the Rampage... all of 40" long...
should be ready to fire it up next week... if all
the wiring is right... will be checking all that in
the next couple of days... just a few things to do yet...
still waiting on a couple of things... a fitting to
move the oil filter towards the front of the engine
bay.... gotta get the wife to help me bleed the brakes...
just some minor stuff then its back to finishing
up the interior... will start the body work in a
few weeks but wont paint it till I de-bug the thing....
starting to get excited
Posted By: Red440

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 02:43 PM

COOL, We are waiting
Posted By: Todd

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 02:51 PM

Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 03:17 PM

cool beans
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 03:17 PM

What size shaft / u-joints will you be using? DOM, aluminum?

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 05:13 PM

Quote:

Based on their suggestion I went with a 3.5" DOM
shaft with 1350 joints.... that cost $340 done and
balanced... I'll pick it up next Tuesday

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 05:40 PM

Here's a few picks of the exhaust... pics didnt come
out very good

Attached picture 7240404-DSC00176.JPG

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 05:42 PM

Another

Attached picture 7240406-DSC00173(2).JPG
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 06:42 PM

Hey, just a little help on the brake bleeding, pull the cap off the master cylinder, and loosen one bleader at a time and let gravity do its thing...You would be surprised at how well that works. Sometimes you don't even have to wait that long. Last one I did, took less than 2 min and brake fluid was comming out after changing out the rear wheel cylinder in my diesel the other week.

I had one car, for the life of me, I could not get a good pedal on no matter how much I bled them, pulled the cap off, filled the master up all the way to the brim, let it sit thru lunch and diner, and bingo...
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 06:45 PM

Quote:

Hey, just a little help on the brake bleeding, pull the cap off the master cylinder, and loosen one bleader at a time and let gravity do its thing...You would be surprised at how well that works. Sometimes you don't even have to wait that long. Last one I did, took less than 2 min and brake fluid was comming out after changing out the rear wheel cylinder in my diesel the other week.

I had one car, for the life of me, I could not get a good pedal on no matter how much I bled them, pulled the cap off, filled the master up all the way to the brim, let it sit thru lunch and diner, and bingo...

I usually do it that way too and it works suprisingly well, I did buy a mity-vac for those stubborn job's.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 07:30 PM

sounds good Mike, you will be burnin rubber soon

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 08:27 PM

Quote:

Got a real good pedal... my buddy stopped by so I
had him help me... of course it had a couple of loose
line nuts but after tightening them up it bleed out
nice... that master feels real nice(thought it might
be on the small size) but its perfect... I put a
gauge on the pedal to measure the foot load and at
100# your gonna be locked up big time and it has a
nice travel..... very happy
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 09:39 PM

Quote:

That method works great on stock location master cylinders but if the master is below the calipers it ain't gonna work.

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 10:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That method works great on stock location master cylinders but if the master is below the calipers it ain't gonna work.

Very true... but my master is on the firewall...
with the couple of loose nuts it did gravity flow
(of course on the floor... I hate that brake fluid)
and when the wife brought home another QT of fluid
it took all of 5 minutes and it was done(thank you wifey)
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Finally - 06/07/12 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Based on their suggestion I went with a 3.5" DOM
shaft with 1350 joints.... that cost $340 done and
balanced... I'll pick it up next Tuesday

Went with the exact same shift and joints for my blower build. $224.73 out the door - I supplied the joints ( nongreaseable spicers ) and slip yoke.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 01:12 AM

Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 01:36 AM

Nice! can't wait to see this thing out. I'll be hitting up dynotech for a driveshaft soon, hopefully.
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 01:53 AM

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car at drag week this year Mike, what class will you be running?
Spots will open up so Iam sure you will get in this year.

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 01:59 AM

Quote:

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car at drag week this year Mike, what class will you be running?

I'm not gonna bother trying to get in this year...
but will be in it next year... I am looking forward
to it

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 04:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

to it

If MoparBilly can make it, you can too.

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 04:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

to it

If MoparBilly can make it, you can too.

I put out way more money than I planned on building
this thing so no more money to do drag week... heck
I just layed out $1000 in the last 2 days on parts

Re: Finally - 06/08/12 06:51 PM

Well Dynotech called a few minutes ago.. drive shaft
is done... but they close at 3:00so I told them I'll
be there Monday.... cool

Re: Finally - 06/09/12 01:45 AM

Sorry to here that you will not make dragweek this year.
Dragweek will be my 50th birthday present to my self, don't think I will make dragweek 2013. Plans are to make a round trip to my home town in Michigan with the Dart next year and do the Woodward dream cruise.
When I was a kid I always wanted to cruise woodward but it never happened so it is on my bucket list. Plus I will get to see if a solid roller cam will live through a 4500 mile trip.

Attached picture 7242310-IMG_1887.JPG

Re: Finally - 06/09/12 02:07 AM

Quote:

Sorry to here that you will not make dragweek this year.
Dragweek will be my 50th birthday present to my self, don't think I will make dragweek 2013. Plans are to make a round trip to my home town in Michigan with the Dart next year and do the Woodward dream cruise.
When I was a kid I always wanted to cruise woodward but it never happened so it is on my bucket list. Plus I will get to see if a solid roller cam will live through a 4500 mile trip.

Well maybe I'll see you on Woodward... I go out there
alot... was going to all of the Woodward cruises till
a couple of years ago... got way to crazy with stock
type cars and mini vans... but the week before and
a few days after me and my buddy are out there every
night
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Finally - 06/09/12 11:56 AM

Mike...Feels good to se the light at the end of the tunnel,doesn't it!! Great work indeed!!

Re: Finally - 06/15/12 04:04 AM

Well I think I'm gonna fire up the Rampage tomorrow...
I have some wiring to finish up yet(turn signals) but
I think its time to fire it up.. wont be able to run
it long, still waiting on my lower radiator hose....
I'm geeked
Posted By: CUUDAK

Re: Finally - 06/17/12 08:11 PM

Where are more pics?? I am thinking of getting the Scamp Rampage from the guy my pops got his from. My pops has been asked several times if he would sell his. He seen a Honda pull up in front scoping his Rampage out in Home Depot parking lot and freeked! He asked what the guy wanted and he asked "Is it for sale?" The 20 something kid started talking about his El Camino that only gets 9 miles to the gallon. Folks are puzzled at what these Rampages are! My Pops wants to keep his all stock but i'm thinking smallblock!

Will the V8 kit for the Daytonas fit??? Where is your build thread?

Re: Finally - 06/17/12 08:42 PM

Quote:

Where are more pics?? I am thinking of getting the Scamp Rampage from the guy my pops got his from. My pops has been asked several times if he would sell his. He seen a Honda pull up in front scoping his Rampage out in Home Depot parking lot and freeked! He asked what the guy wanted and he asked "Is it for sale?" The 20 something kid started talking about his El Camino that only gets 9 miles to the gallon. Folks are puzzled at what these Rampages are! My Pops wants to keep his all stock but i'm thinking smallblock!

Will the V8 kit for the Daytonas fit??? Where is your build thread?

With some work that kit will work if you can find
it(Chrysler quit making it)but there was another
guy doing one...
I'll bring the Rampage post back to the front for you
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Finally - 06/18/12 01:08 AM

Quote:

heck I just layed out $1000 in the last 2 days on parts

Mike, always the way, when your close, they all seem to eat up money way faster than expected

Glad to see your getting close, it's been a good build read, following your ups n downs

Nice to know I'm in good company that not everything is always Hunky Dorey
© 2024 Moparts Forums