Moparts

Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over?

Posted By: tntmachine

Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/02/12 11:22 PM

I'm installing a roll cage and tying the frames together on my 64 Fury to make it legal to 8.50. The springs are moved in to the frame now and I'm upgrading to caltracs w/monoleaf, but my chassis builder suggested a ladder bar and coilover set-up. The car just had a 6 point roll bar and the frames tied. It ran 10.15 @3600#, I don't plan on running quicker than 9.50 with the new upgrades. Bracket and nostalgic racing mostly. Stock torsion bars up front. Opinions, suggestions?

Attached picture 7233271-burnout.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/03/12 04:12 AM

Ladder bars and coil overs for you I have raced and driven four ladder bar cars in the last twenty some years, all of them hooked a lot better than the leaf spring cars we had before converting them to ladderr bars and leaf spring cars with CaL Tracs on other cars The only way I would use Caltracs is because of the rules like in NHRA stock class or the some race association rules My next car will be a full tube chassis with a four link rear suspension so I can learn about how to set them up
Posted By: Randy..

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/03/12 04:25 AM

Xs 2
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/03/12 04:29 AM

I have both....Ladder bars also for the same reasons listed above, plus more height adjustment. And dang, send me a link to pics of that Cuda in your sig. Looking for a tube chassis E-body...
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/03/12 02:46 PM

Quote:

Ladder bars and coil overs for you I have raced and driven four ladder bar cars in the last twenty some years, all of them hooked a lot better than the leaf spring cars we had before converting them to ladderr bars and leaf spring cars with CaL Tracs on other cars The only way I would use Caltracs is because of the rules like in NHRA stock class or the some race association rules My next car will be a full tube chassis with a four link rear suspension so I can learn about how to set them up

x3
Posted By: barracudabob

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/03/12 11:45 PM

X4

Get the double adjustable shocks at the same time.
Posted By: tntmachine

Re: Caltracs/monoleaf or ladder bar coil over? - 06/06/12 07:37 AM

thnx for the input. ordering the ladder bars and QA1s 2morow. the Cuda's not 4sale.
© 2024 Moparts Forums