Moparts

alignment problem

Posted By: MOPARCHAS

alignment problem - 05/27/12 08:49 PM

I have tried to have my challenger alignment 2 times and it still wants to pull left just at idle going in a straight line
what it will do under power I have no idea I have checked everything I can think of shitched front tires ,checked for somthing bent , had alignments done with the car raised up 2 inches nothing seems to work any ideas from you guys that you can think of !!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: alignment problem - 05/27/12 08:52 PM

Brake drag,rear end not aligned with the body,strut rod bushing or lower control arm bushing worn.
Just a few thoughts
Keith
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: alignment problem - 05/27/12 09:43 PM

brakes not draging lower control arm bushings replaced 3 years ago strut rod bushings same time
I guess all I can do is see what it does going down the track
I will be the guy bouncing off the walls at MMW at Gateway Motorsports Park in 2 weeks

Attached picture 7224009-MM2.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: alignment problem - 05/27/12 09:49 PM

Do you have too much pre-load in the rear
Posted By: Crizila

Re: alignment problem - 05/27/12 11:38 PM

Quote:

brakes not draging lower control arm bushings replaced 3 years ago strut rod bushings same time
I guess all I can do is see what it does going down the track
I will be the guy bouncing off the walls at MMW at Gateway Motorsports Park in 2 weeks

That would not be my suggestion . You need to find the problem - and it is a problem. Got the wheel alignment specs? Assume it was a 4 wheel alignment? As said, remove the rear preload if you have any. Did you try switching the rear tires? Find a place that will put the alignment "on the money", not "within spec". Torsion bars adjusted ( preloaded )the same amount? With the car sitting level and at ride height, is the center link parallel to the ground? Stuff to check.
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: alignment problem - 05/27/12 11:41 PM

Find an alignment guy that KNOWS what he's doing!
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 04:44 AM

Can you gives us the alignment read out numbers? Does the car have power steering? If it does jack up the front end securely with jack stands, start the engine and see if the wheels turn L or R! Matt
Posted By: Viper469

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 05:50 AM

Check the circumference of the rear tires. I had a set of slicks once that were over 1 1/2" different side to side, and i can say it definitely can cause it to pull to one side.
Posted By: Todd

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 12:29 PM

Quote:

Check the circumference of the rear tires. I had a set of slicks once that were over 1 1/2" different side to side, and i can say it definitely can cause it to pull to one side.

Make sure the alignment guy checked the rear end toe and thrust angle. Also you could try and swap the front tires side to side. See if that pulls the other way it not.
Posted By: therocks

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 12:43 PM

Todd has the best thing to check first.Swap the frt tires side to side.I had a old Caddy that I had set to dead on factory specs.Went for a ride and it would drag you into the other lane.Swapped tires and you had to drive the car the other way or you would hit the curb.Had more than a few that did the same.Did you have alingment set to factory specs?If running radials it will be off as radials have to be set different than bias.Rocky
Posted By: dvw

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 03:06 PM

Without seeing the specs, I'd swap both front and rear tires (though I've never seen a skinny bias tire cause a pull). Every non chassis car I've ever scaled was left front heavy, not ideal but reality. They may pull braking but driving isn't affected. Assuming OEM style suspension. If it's not the tires or out of spec, drag would be the most likely culprit.
Doug
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: alignment problem - 05/28/12 07:41 PM

Have you checked the toe change thru the front end travel?

It may be more on one side than the other. If there is a lot and you are setting it at 2" up it could be toe out at static height, and worse on the brakes when the front end dives.

Just another thing to check, hope you find it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums