Moparts

MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL

Posted By: texastrailerman

MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/08/12 03:20 PM

Just checking in to see who all is planning on being there for the Race, Car Show, Swap Meet & Car Corral.

By the way ALL Race Class Payouts are guaranteed this year.

I'm gonna be there with two cars this year, gonna run two classes Electronics with the 74 Dart Sport, and the Modern Mopar Hemi Shootout in an 09' Hemi Challenger !!

Who else is coming an what class(s) you going to be running ??

Attached picture 7197075-MOPARSattheMOTORPLEXJPEGREVISEDFLYER2012PAYOUT.jpg
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/08/12 05:21 PM

About a week to early for me to make it. I will be there watching....again. Hope to be helping my buddy with his 'cuda if he decides to bring it out to play.

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/08/12 05:28 PM

It's funny how they split up the classes for "footbrake" racing. What if your car normally runs in the 11.80 or so range? Can't quite make the 7.50 min dial in the 1/8th mile = 1st round duck......or dial 2 tenths of cushion to run the 12.00 and slower 1/4 mile = 1st round duck. Just saying that they could have had a small overlap of the two classes and not put anyone in this situation.

Re: PRO Eliminator is now 11.70 and slower 1/4 Mile - 05/08/12 08:56 PM

We have listened and we are responding. We have effective today, changed the PRO Eliminator bracket to be 11.70 and slower, Foot brake.

Also, we want everyone to know that you may run more than one class. And even though your race car isn't going to be in attendance, race your MOPAR tow truck, or your wife's Viper, or your mother's Sundance. Just come race or show with us. Have a good time. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

We haven't amended the Flyer - but the change to PRO Eliminator has been made and will be in effect.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: PRO Eliminator is now 11.70 and slower 1/4 Mile - 05/08/12 10:21 PM

I plan on going even though Texas Raceway is having a points race. Mom is coming too. I know I may be in the minority here but a quick electronics and quick no/e class would be cool too. You know me Bill I want to race as much as I can but don't have a electronics car ready right now.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/09/12 12:48 AM

Quote:

About a week to early for me to make it. I will be there watching....again. Hope to be helping my buddy with his 'cuda if he decides to bring it out to play.

real shame Brians car is not done, would make a good road trip to see him and give him a driving lesson, Ha Ha! Love to sail past him at the finish line! Good luck to all of you and be safe and have A GREAT TIME! Big Dog!

Re: PRO Eliminator is now 11.70 and slower 1/4 Mile - 05/09/12 12:57 AM

Quote:

We have listened and we are responding. We have effective today, changed the PRO Eliminator bracket to be 11.70 and slower, Foot brake.

Also, we want everyone to know that you may run more than one class. And even though your race car isn't going to be in attendance, race your MOPAR tow truck, or your wife's Viper, or your mother's Sundance. Just come race or show with us. Have a good time. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

We haven't amended the Flyer - but the change to PRO Eliminator has been made and will be in effect.

Thanks Bill....looks like that covers everyone.
I don't have anything else "Mopar" to race since my wife traded her Charger R/T, but I will be there regardless. Maybe in the swap area.
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: PRO Eliminator is now 11.70 and slower 1/4 Mile - 05/09/12 01:02 AM

Me me me, probably bring the SRT 10, just got outta the hospital and doc ain't keen on me racing for a few weeks.
Posted By: sam64

Re: PRO Eliminator is now 11.70 and slower 1/4 Mile - 05/09/12 02:54 AM

footbrake should have been left as last year,seemed to work just fine.i have 2 cars 10.70,11.20 not interested in 1/8th mile. i'll go to st louis in june.i had a good time there last year.payout was supposed to be guaranteed then but wasn't.

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 03:18 AM

Sam we have appreciated your participation in the past Mopars at the Motorplex events. Sorry you won't be there with us this year. We have strived this year to make this the best event we possibly can, including the partnership with Mopar Action's Mega Mopar Action Series and with the Texas Motorplex. Last year the payout was not guaranteed, and it was announced at the event that payouts would be adjusted according to car count, which is what happened.
This year each class payout is guaranteed by their Sponsors - monies for payouts are intact and will be paid as advertised, regardless of car count.
We are sorry you are going to miss this stellar event, Hope to see you next year however.

Bill Boon Mopars at the Motorplex board member
Posted By: sst404b

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 02:34 PM

Count us in, will have 2 race cars, our 09' Challenger and the 74' Challenger. Also will be 3 show cars from the Conroe area with us.

Ray Buckner

Attached picture 7198391-dp98412.jpg
Posted By: sst404b

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 02:39 PM

The 74'

Attached picture 7198394-houstonru3412.jpg
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 03:34 PM

I guess I'll try to make it to check out the DP Challenger. I haven't seen one up close since the 2008 Hemi Reunion.
Posted By: fastcuda

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 07:12 PM

Will be there with both cars. But we are having issues with bell housings

Re: Guaranteed payout for all classes this year - 05/09/12 07:13 PM

Evolution Custom Autos #2 Drag Pac
Posted By: sc4579

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/11/12 02:42 AM

It looks like I will be there driving Rick's wagon. If anyone else needs a driver for a different class I will bring my fire suit and be ready.

Attached picture 7200959-2004NHRABracketFinals.jpg

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/11/12 03:25 PM

Doesn't look good for Drag Pack Hughes shipped wrong bell housing .Sending them trans and bell housing to straighten all this problem out

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/11/12 07:27 PM

We sure want to see the Evolution Custom Auto Drag Pac Challenger there. Maybe Hughes will get it corrected and back to you in time - Tommy, your crew chief works great under pressure !!

Re: ROLL CALL Weather forcast for mid-high 80's pcloudy - 05/13/12 11:24 PM

All indications for weather look very positive. Forcast right now for both Friday and Saturday is for mid to high 80's, lower humidity and partly cloudy skys.

Guys let's show the world that we MOPAR guys & gals can bring out more participants and spectators than Super Chevy !!
We are anticipating a big turn out on Friday night for MOPARS against the World.

If you come out on Friday evening for that, you can pre-pay for the Saturday Mopars at the Motorplex event and stay the night at the track.

It's looking like the Car Show is going to be as awesome as the racing.

See ya there
Posted By: Lee446

Re: ROLL CALL Weather forcast for mid-high 80's pcloudy - 05/14/12 04:17 AM

I'll be dragging my Hemi powered 69 Sat. up friday evening from Houston, probably too late for MATW. I'll be bringing 3 friends along too. Trying to get another friend with a 69RR on board also. Any good hotels close to the track?

Re: Hotels close to Texas Motorplex - 05/14/12 04:52 PM

Waxahachie Hotels/Motels
Super 8 400 N. I35E @ US287 Waxahachie (972) 938-9088
Hampton Inn & Suites 2010 Civic Center Ln Waxahachie (972) 923-0666
LaQuinta Inn 311 Stadium Dr. US77 @ US287 Waxahacie (866) 670-5733
Comfort Suites 131 RVG Plaza Waxahachie (469) 517-1600
Holiday Inn Express 984 W. US287 Waxahachie (972) 938-3300
Sleep Inn & Suites 1701 US 77 N. Waxahachie (972) 938-1600

Ennis Hotels/Motels
Holiday Inn Express 601 N. Sonoma Trail Ennis (800) 345-8082
Comfort Suites Ennis
400 So. I45 Ennis (972) 872-9898
Baymont Inn & Suites 100 So. I45 Ennis (972) 875-3390 Note: may now be Best Western ?
LaQuinta Inn
110 N. Sonoma Trail Ennis (972) 875-4000

Re: Hotels close to Texas Motorplex - 05/14/12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Super 8 400 N. I35E @ US287 Waxahachie (972) 938-9088
Hampton Inn & Suites 2010 Civic Center Ln Waxahachie (972) 923-0666
LaQuinta Inn 311 Stadium Dr. US77 @ US287 Waxahacie (866) 670-5733
Comfort Suites 131 RVG Plaza Waxahachie (469) 517-1600
Holiday Inn Express 984 W. US287 Waxahachie (972) 938-3300
Sleep Inn & Suites 1701 US 77 N. Waxahachie (972) 938-1600

I would like to add that most of the hotels listed are new or nearly new so I would expect them to be pretty decent. I don't know that for fact though as I only live 7 minutes from Waxahachie and haven't needed to stay at one.
Posted By: 440Brian

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/14/12 09:09 PM

I'm planning on being there to race Electronics.

Attached picture 7206013-Duster,leftandfront.JPG

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/15/12 06:05 PM

Our drag pac will not be there talked to Hughes this morning. We are bringing Nostalgic Pro Stock for show only and to sell bring your checkbooks

Attached picture 7207154-rsz_dscn1529.jpg

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/15/12 11:23 PM

Notice for all:

TECH Inspection will be held in the STAGING LANES when your class is called up for first time trial (Brackets) or qualifying run (Nostalgia Super Stocks).
Posted By: TexasStroker

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/16/12 12:27 AM

How is the overall turnout looking for race and show?

I think we've got 4-5 for sure heading down from Amarillo...I am on the fence.

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/16/12 03:16 AM

All indications are for a great turnout, not only for the Racing - for the Car Show as well. Unstable weather has played a factor in past years. This year the weather appears to be very favorable, stable - in the mid to high 80's with lower humidity and partly cloudy skys.
Major factor is this year we have four sponsors plus the Texas Motorplex who have stepped up to Guarantee the payouts in each class. So, everyone come on down and be a part of what we think is going to be a Stellar event !!

Bill Boon www.moparsatthemotorplex.com

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/16/12 03:55 AM

Quote:

How is the overall turnout looking for race and show?

I think we've got 4-5 for sure heading down from Amarillo...I am on the fence.

Weather is looking good....come on down.

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/16/12 04:49 AM

How late sat. nite does the racing usually last till? Just trying to get an idea for travel time home.

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/16/12 04:57 AM

Finals are on the schedule for 4 - 4:45 pm. If we have a super large turnout, which is looking quite possible, finals could be pushed back an hour or so. Suspect if that happens you should be out of there by 6:30 - 7:00pm latest, which is a good thing especially if you're in the finals.

Bill Boon www.moparsatthemotorplex.com

Re: TECH Inspection for MOPARS at the Motorplex - 05/17/12 03:55 PM

TT, I just want to be sure of something, I have a friend with an old Rat Rod '28 P/U(plum crazy paint) not sure what it is, maybe originally it was a ford, but it is powered by a gorgeous blown 392Hemi/TF combo. I told him he was welcome and can enter the show, Hope I am right??

Re: MOPAR or MOPAR powered vehicles allowed and welcome - 05/17/12 06:07 PM

Tell him to bring it on out, there will be some others as well. MOPAR or MOPAR powered vehicles allowed and welcome.

Come have some fun !!

Re: MOPAR or MOPAR powered vehicles allowed and welcome - 05/17/12 07:04 PM

Well change of plans DRAG PACK will be there ,Dart will not lifted a head last night ,there pulling trans right now will have it in Challenger by 4:00

Attached picture 7210103-fTOPMA_TXR_Apr-29-2.jpg

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/20/12 12:00 AM

Had a good time out there today, but really wanted to be racing. Seen some good friends that I haven't seen in a while and seen a fair turn out of cars. I love seeing this race grow and it was pretty good today. The great weather didn't hurt either.
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/20/12 03:58 PM

I just wish they would start holding this event at Dallas Raceway
Instead of Ennis. Spending hours in the staging lanes in between passes
as usual is not my idea of a well run event. Then listening to the douchebags
in the anouncer booth talk about a Dodge Cuda gets to be a bit much. Then
going on and on about his Corvette is over the top. The No Talent
Ass Clowns in the booth called Super Pro to the lanes, then the tech
Inspectors (no talent ass clowns as well) asked what we were doing in
the lanes. In addition, you have to worry about catching hepatitis if you use
the bathroom using their facility. Sorry for the rant, but most local
racers around North Texas would tend to agree.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/20/12 05:06 PM

How about some pics, it sounds like fun. I sure like crandall also, I just wish this race ran in the fall and I might could atttend. Spring and summer are work times for me. Please share some PICTURES! Thanks

Attached picture 7213526-132825512_Nn1f9AM1_87.jpg

Re: MOPARS at the Motorplex May 19th ROLL CALL - 05/21/12 03:27 AM

Quote:

How about some pics, it sounds like fun. I sure like crandall also, I just wish this race ran in the fall and I might could atttend. Spring and summer are work times for me. Please share some PICTURES! Thanks

I was bad and didn't take any pictures.

Re: THANKS to all that came - 05/21/12 02:14 PM

The 5th Annual 2012 Mopars at the Motorplex is in the books. Want to thank all of those that came out and supported the Car Show, Race, Swap Meet and the spectators too - thanks for buying the Tee Shirts - thanks for taking the pictures, thanks to Mopar Action for presenting the event, thanks to members of Cowtown Mopars Club, Dallas Mopar Club, DFW-LX Club, my wife Becky, Staff of Texas Motorplex, and the many others who came out to give us a supporting hand. A large THANK YOU to the participants for helping this years event be a successful one. Hope to see everyone next year, let's make it even better !! We will post some pictures and results in a day or two, thanks.
Brian good to see you there, even though you weren't racing - your support was appreciated. Darren, really sorry your experience was less than stellar. We tried very hard this year to please every one, guess some areas fell through the cracks - we will strive to do better for all next year.

Re: THANKS to all that came - 05/21/12 03:26 PM

We had a good time! Weather was a little warm but the wind help it out a lot. The track went way down hill as the event went on but that is to be expected when 70% of the cars racing are on street tires. The Challenger went 2 6.05's in time trials and in the final I dialed a 6.18 because of the starting line condition. It was still a fun race to be at and a win never hurts.

Re: THANKS to all that came - 05/21/12 04:00 PM

Quote:

We had a good time! Weather was a little warm but the wind help it out a lot. The track went way down hill as the event went on but that is to be expected when 70% of the cars racing are on street tires. The Challenger went 2 6.05's in time trials and in the final I dialed a 6.18 because of the starting line condition. It was still a fun race to be at and a win never hurts.

I left mid way thru eliminations and already thought you were a "lock" to win Jacob. Glad to see you out there....was going to say hi, but every available time you were in your car and I don't break anyones routine or concentration.

Re: THANKS to all that came - 05/21/12 05:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I left mid way thru eliminations and already thought you were a "lock" to win Jacob. Glad to see you out there....was going to say hi, but every available time you were in your car and I don't break anyones routine or concentration.

Thanks Brian! I hope they have more of these races and I hope they keep scheduling them on off Divisional/Pro Am weekends so I can keep going.

Re: THANKS to all that came - 05/21/12 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Brian! I hope they have more of these races and I hope they keep scheduling them on off Divisional/Pro Am weekends so I can keep going.

The bonus is the guaranteed payouts.
Just ask the guys that went to the Mopower race in Columbus this weekend how their payouts were....
© 2024 Moparts Forums