Moparts

Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: slantzilla

Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/01/12 11:48 PM

Yeah, I know some of you are gonna watch on TV, so no results. But.........
Posted By: Mr. T

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/01/12 11:51 PM

YEE-HA!!! It's been a long time coming!
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 12:28 AM

Its a great day in Mopar land right now....gonna be a fun final..
Posted By: 1x59rr

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 01:39 AM

and they took out the summit boys on the way
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 02:45 AM

HELLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSS GO BOYS GO!!!

Feel soooooo good!!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 02:45 AM

ALL MOPAR!!!!

Attached picture 7147246-IMG_2069.JPG
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 02:51 AM

That was fun how about the reaction times...wow

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 02:53 AM

He's the MAN!!

Attached picture 7147265-IMG_2070.JPG
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 02:56 AM

Allen and Vincent, 4th and 5th in points, a couple more weekends like this and they will be on the top of the pile,,,Way to go guy's!!
Posted By: 66Hemiwagon

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 03:10 AM

Congrats team mopar
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 03:24 AM

Nice job Allen!

Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 04:03 AM

You can change the title now, GO DODGE! Nice win, Allen!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 04:28 AM

Great job guys . It looks like Vincent laid down .
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 05:11 AM

Quote:

Vincent had a .008 light...that is what i call laying down...

how about not having lane choice and making a bad call on the clutch set up...
Posted By: 383man

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 06:13 AM

They were on the money today ! I love it when I actually dont care which car wins the final because I want them both to win. They really did a good job and sent them GM boys packing. To bad about Jeggie as he cut a .016 against Vincent but Vincent was even better. Jegs car was running ok its just a bummer when 2 Mopars have to run each other in the first round. Ron
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 11:35 AM

Jeggie has always been a tough competitor, when he gets it together I expect to see a rough year for the other brands. Congrats AJ and VN.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 04:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OKAY, LET ME CLEAN THIS UP A LITTLE, SINCE IT'S JUST AN OPINION WITH NO FACTS TO SUPPORT IT:

I WOULD HATE TO THINK SO, BUT ONE COULD SUSPECT THERE WERE SOME SHENANAGGINS GOING ON HERE.

Vincent's day went like like this:

1st round 6.67
2nd round 6.66
3rd round 6.68
Final.....6.73

GUESSED THEY MISSED THE SET UP, AFTER HAVING BEEN DEADLY CONSISTENT (FOR A P/S CAR) ALL DAY?

GEE, I HOPE NOT...BUT ONE CAN ONLY WONDER...

Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 06:10 PM

Quote:

First thing out of Roy's mouth was "guess they missed the set up". What? HE IS the set up! While AJ was a little quicker in eliminations, Vincent was much better on the tree. Thus the reason the set up was "missed" was beacuse the engine owner didn't want his driver suffering a final round holeshot loss.

Good for them, Mopar has a win and a runner up...I just hope they split the money, like any good dive taker...

So Doug, I suppose the only way you would EVER give Allen and Roy credit for a win is if he is not running another Mopar??? That is just dumb, look how many times the kid has beaten Allen when they have raced each other. So why would he lay down this time after cutting a .008 light. And NO Roy is not the set up guy. Roy is the engine builder and one of the classiest people in the business. You obviously do not know Roy at all or you would never make a DUMB statement like this about him. He is a long time friend of mine and I don't appreciate you saying Roy rigged or did anything less than his best so Allen could win this time.
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 06:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Anyone could have predicted the outcome of that "race" before they were prestaged. Let's see, Vincent's day went like like this:

1st round 6.67
2nd round 6.66
3rd round 6.68
Final.....6.73

First thing out of Roy's mouth was "guess they missed the set up". What? HE IS the set up! While AJ was a little quicker in eliminations, Vincent was much better on the tree. Thus the reason the set up was "missed" was beacuse the engine owner didn't want his driver suffering a final round holeshot loss.

Good for them, Mopar has a win and a runner up...I just hope they split the money, like any good dive taker...

Nope, they just got too aggressive with the setup. You can tell they turned up the wick, he blew the tires off and still was faster than Allen had been all day long.

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 10:13 PM

Read that they shook the tires in the finals...
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So Doug, I suppose the only way you would EVER give Allen and Roy credit for a win is if he is not running another Mopar??? That is just dumb, look how many times the kid has beaten Allen when they have raced each other. So why would he lay down this time after cutting a .008 light. And NO Roy is not the set up guy. Roy is the engine builder and one of the classiest people in the business. You obviously do not know Roy at all or you would never make a DUMB statement like this about him. He is a long time friend of mine and I don't appreciate you saying Roy rigged or did anything less than his best so Allen could win this time. JUST A DUMB no class statement on your part.

Mr. Scatpack my statements were a little strong so I edited my post to reflect that this was my "curiosity" at work. No facts to present. Just saying it looked suspect. To your point, look at how many times Vinny has beat AJ up with his own power...

Force, Schumacher, Kalitta, Anderson/Line, WJ...have all been accused of "pre arrainging" the outcome of a race. It's such a part of the game, it's on everyone's mind, not just mine.

So, back on point please: Congrats to the Johnson's on a Wally and Mopar runner up, to boot!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/02/12 11:19 PM

My first thought when I saw the .72 was shennanigans too, but I'm pretty sure Vince shook in 2nd gear.

Allen wasn't exactly late either, .018 is a pretty good light in itself.

All in all a great day for Team Mopar.

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/03/12 01:39 AM

Tells ya right there with results.....

Nobile is 3 - 2 against Johnson in prior events and each has won 1 times against the other in final rounds. Nobile with the starting line advantage, but Johnson had the difference made up by the time they went by the Christmas tree. Johnson collects his tenth Wally. Allen Johnson's MOV: 0.0657 seconds (approximately 20 feet).
Posted By: nobileracing154

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 01:07 AM

Heyy al,l definitely a great weekend for us mopar guys, thanks for all the support! Would like to clarify that i did not lay up haha, when i go to the line im there to win no matter who im racing. Just had some engine issues this weekend and in the final got stuck in the bad lane is all. Looking forward to Charlotte, hope to see some of you guys out there!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 01:16 AM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 01:19 AM

Hey,Vince...You and A.J. did a helluva job..Congrats to you both!! PS...Can you teach us old guys to cut lights like that??

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 05:11 AM

Quote:

Heyy al,l definitely a great weekend for us mopar guys, thanks for all the support! Would like to clarify that i did not lay up haha, when i go to the line im there to win no matter who im racing. Just had some engine issues this weekend and in the final got stuck in the bad lane is all. Looking forward to Charlotte, hope to see some of you guys out there!

HEY VIN,GREAT JOB You guys were killin them and had all of us goin wild.Best show of the year in my eyes.Looking foward to E/town when I can watch in person,see ya there!!

Attached picture 7150575-ETOWNSUPERNATS053.JPG
Posted By: 383man

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 07:50 PM

As for missing the set up ?? Doesn't VN have their own people set the car up (chassis , clutch) and not AJ's people. Sure Roy builds the power but Roy dont set the car up ? Am I correct on this ? Ron
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 07:58 PM

Quote:

As for missing the set up ?? Doesn't VN have their own people set the car up (chassis , clutch) and not AJ's people. Sure Roy builds the power but Roy dont set the car up ? Am I correct on this ? Ron

I think help each other and exchange info is all. I think all final calls are made by each individual teams crew chiefs.
Posted By: coronetville

Re: Woo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 04/04/12 10:33 PM

It was great, just let it go at that
© 2024 Moparts Forums