Moparts

Lunati Springs

Posted By: mojavered

Lunati Springs - 03/27/12 08:15 PM

How do the Lunati springs hold up compared to other brands? I am recommended to use Lun 73124 springs. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 12:54 PM

I'm not sure, but here is a bump for ya.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 04:51 PM

All I can say is the 73121 springs I used to run before moving to a roller cam held up well and they're not even in Lunati's "premium" spring lineup.

I think most of the springs available today from a wide variety of companies are really made by only a few actual spring companies. If you spend some time searching the spring selections of three or four different cam companies, you can often find the identical specs offered by most or all of them.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 05:06 PM

I used Lunati springs on a couple roundy round small block chevies I built. Held up well. I admit they were not very aggressive cams or springs though, but they did have the pee run out of em.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 05:15 PM

I ran them on my old 366 motor with a .575/.571 solid flat tappet and to my knowledge they are still on it and that has been over 15 years ago
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 07:36 PM

Quote:

I think most of the springs available today from a wide variety of companies are really made by only a few actual spring companies.

you can bet on that, as are retainers and many other items. in some cases the manufacture may not even normally be associated with or have a commonly know name in the aftermarket. you can bet that all the companies selling springs don't have the equipment to wind and heat treat springs. years ago i was researching retainers and noticed at that time k-motion retainers were the dimensionally exactly the same as manley only the specs as listed were reversed.
Posted By: mojavered

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/28/12 11:55 PM

Thanks for the help and info. I will check around at the others that are the same spec and look at price then.
Jason
Posted By: Frederick

Re: Lunati Springs - 03/29/12 10:57 AM

PAC and PSI are regarded as the top of the line, if you're looking for that.
© 2024 Moparts Forums