Moparts

$$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo)

Posted By: fishy340

$$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/18/12 11:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BCbvzPEIuq8 petey smallblock vs jimbo from detroit petey tears him up!!!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/18/12 11:45 PM

ps orange .net car 28x10.5 non W vs ladder bar car w bigger tire
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/18/12 11:48 PM

Dude, a Mustang and a Camaro on a Mopart site Which one is Petey? Which car is he driving ?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:09 AM

Quote:

Dude, a Mustang and a Camaro on a Mopart site Which one is Petey? Which car is he driving ?

Glad you told me Cab... now I dont have to open it
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:18 AM

It takes so long for these guys to do their burnouts and stage that I get bored watching them. They need to take a 5 hour energy drink and what's the guy doing in front of the car? Can't they find the starting line or is that part of the show.
I like watching rustanges going down the track so much I am going to join a furd website.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:25 AM

......... PETE BAD69 ........

............... let the haters hate ...............

...................EXTREME POWER ..................

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:25 AM

Quote:

It takes so long for these guys to do their burnouts and stage that I get bored watching them. They need to take a 5 hour energy drink and what's the guy doing in front of the car? Can't they find the starting line or is that part of the show.
I like watching rustanges going down the track so much I am going to join a furd website.

If their gonna have some one put them in the lights
they better make it a good lookin bab or some guy
in a clown outfit... other wise get them the hell
out of there and get in the lights
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:31 AM

and with that post....JUNGLE PAM came to mind!!!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:40 AM

Quote:

and with that post....JUNGLE PAM came to mind!!!

There's a guy in pro mod (I believe)thats a doctor
he has (his wife I believe) dressed up as a nurse
back him up... she's pretty hot

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:54 AM

Getting back to the race I wonder if the fat-tired car was using nitrous too. Seems only fair.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 01:35 AM

Quote:

......... PETE BAD69 ........

............... let the haters hate ...............

...................EXTREME POWER ..................

what does that mean? who the EFF is Pete? the orange car? are these cars in the 4s?

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 02:45 AM

you know guys i try to add something good ABOUT RACING and not 509 purple cams and caltrac question i wont do it anymore..soon there will be 6 members here...Mr P unlike you these cars are making well over 1200hp( you try it with a 10.5 tire or any tire)you always have something to say,but you couldn't get anything you build to even run CLOSE to these youngins on motor or spray...im dont with tryin to add a little spice to your tiny world...now on back to purple cams and whateva

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 02:53 AM

Quote:

you know guys i try to add something good ABOUT RACING and not 509 purple cams and caltrac question i wont do it anymore..soon there will be 6 members here...Mr P unlike you these cars are making well over 1200hp( you try it with a 10.5 tire or any tire)you always have something to say,but you couldn't get anything you build to even run CLOSE to these youngins on motor or spray...im dont with tryin to add a little spice to your tiny world...now on back to purple cams and whateva

Well isnt that too bad ... all we see out of you is chevy
and ford stuff on a MOPAR site.... and I go as
fast as I want and dont break anything
And I suppose you need some one to get you in the
lights also..... learn to drive
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 02:59 AM

Hey Andy do you think a 509 cam and a stock big block with a 440 source kit can beat those horrible mustangs. It might take a 3/4 race cam!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Hey Andy do you think a 509 cam and a stock big block with a 440 source kit can beat those horrible mustangs. It might take a 3/4 race cam!

insted of Andy acting like we should all know who Pete and Jimbo are, since we dont kiss a picture of them every night before we go to bed, All he had to do is write " my friend Pete in the (insert car because we cant figure that out either) helped me win some money on this race"

what is so hard about that? and then he throws a temper tantrum on Mr P like a 2 year old

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:09 AM

mr p racing is racing,all you do is give out info and how to's on 1930's technology..chevy,ford..mopar its racing get over yourself with herbie love bug wanna be!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:16 AM

Quote:

mr p racing is racing,all you do is give out info and how to's on 1930's technology..chevy,ford..mopar its racing get over yourself with herbie love bug wanna be!

I know racing is racing.. but you manage to continually
put up chevy and ford... I gather you dont know
any mopar cars.... also I know what info I give
out isnt 30s tech... but then you wouldnt know what
is and what isnt.... and I damn sure dont see you
giving out ANY tech.... maybe because you dont know ANY

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:17 AM

ps i also see why you are upset michigan lost $4800 with that race...even australian cylinder heads couldn't help them boys lol

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:21 AM

Quote:

ps i also see why you are upset michigan lost $4800 with that race...even australian cylinder heads couldn't help them boys lol

are those cars in the 4s? second time i'm asking

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:24 AM

Quote:

If you would have read my first post you would have
seen that I didnt even waste my time to open it when
I found out you posted your normal chevy and ford
stuff on a mopar site..... well I'll tell you what..
I wont even waste my time looking at your post from
here on in due to them being the same old stuff....
HAVE A GOOD DAY

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:26 AM

i dont ha? ask some of the guys i steered away from certain things& helped many on this site,i also dont claim to be a guru.I do know one thing though i owned my cuda for 2 yrs and made more headway then your rampage,and the answer to fast mopars, i have one you will see! and i'll be representing mopars out there against ford,chevy etc etc...and just so you know mopars in my family, ask anybody thats been.Ever since im a baby...from hemis to slany 6's

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:32 AM

Quote:

i dont ha? ask some of the guys i steered away from certain things& helped many on this site,i also dont claim to be a guru.I do know one thing though i owned my cuda for 2 yrs and made more headway then your rampage,and the answer to fast mopars, i have one you will see! and i'll be representing mopars out there against ford,chevy etc etc...and just so you know mopars in my family, ask anybody thats been.Ever since im a baby...from hemis to slany 6's

WOW.... I'm really happy for you.... glad your making
such good progress on your ride.... mine wont be fast
just 10.0
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 04:07 AM

Mr P Pete is a buddy of ours from ny that grudge races we also like very much that's y Andy post it up. and the extreme name is and engine builder out of newyork. He's builds the baddest smallblocks around
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 05:53 AM

WHICH ONE IS PETE??? the orange car in the near lane that won?? (I assume so since they said he took the mich guys money) or the red car??
The orange stange has 10.5 tires??
Just wondering.
I could never race for that kind of money so Good for them being able too and ALSO for doing it at a RACE track where it's safer for all involved.
David

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 12:47 PM

orange car is pete,yes 10.5 tire,cab I cant give times,i can say they are some of the fastest sb cars in the country..I also want to say i'm not throwing a tantrum...this is unlawful race and i figured since its a race thread,some guys would be interested & some guys wont be.Then comments about lining guys up in the grove,and this and that,shame on me for sharing.I do want to say also that driving a car at them speeds,on SMALL tires is no easy task.I have no bad feelings i like moparts and met great people here.I would post mopar vids,but there was ONLY 1 MOPAR at this event that had 100's of cars,it was a 318car with 400lbs of bondo, that broke the drive shaft in the burn out box.I'f all we do is watch mopars only,there would be 3 cars at the track(like the rental last yr that hemiFred put together) there's not a ton of us out there.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 01:26 PM

fast no doubt but jeeeeeesh can you take any longer to stage the cars? Was that track rented or someting? If you took that long to get your sheet together at our track the tree would have starting coming down on you. What's up w/ all those people in the burn-out/staging area? Safe much? and why did the orange mustang do 2 burn-outs?
Posted By: slippery440

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 02:14 PM

fishy340 That was a good video and thanks for posting it. As usual the guys here can not see anything but a ford and chevy and do not understand money races. They only want to know how fast so they can compare their junk to them. I really would like to know how many of these super fast mopars that are here have the nuts to put money up on a race with no times and true heads up.Beleive me I have nothing for these guys but I sure do respect them. A bicycle with nitrous is fast than my junk.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

orange car is pete,yes 10.5 tire,cab I cant give times,i can say they are some of the fastest sb cars in the country..I also want to say i'm not throwing a tantrum...this is unlawful race and i figured since its a race thread,some guys would be interested & some guys wont be.Then comments about lining guys up in the grove,and this and that,shame on me for sharing.I do want to say also that driving a car at them speeds,on SMALL tires is no easy task.I have no bad feelings i like moparts and met great people here.I would post mopar vids,but there was ONLY 1 MOPAR at this event that had 100's of cars,it was a 318car with 400lbs of bondo, that broke the drive shaft in the burn out box.I'f all we do is watch mopars only,there would be 3 cars at the track(like the rental last yr that hemiFred put together) there's not a ton of us out there.

so lame "can't give the times" It's like t hat LA street racers show, no info on the motors, lots of spray drama... Small block what? 400+ cubic inches? FWIW a 10.5 tire isn't small. That orange car looks like it has bigger than 10.5's but I'll take you word on it. Was that a 1/4 mile? looked longer than 1/8th. Honestly if one has enough money one could make anything fast. The mustangs make good bracket/drag cars that's why people run them, plus parts are cheap. at least it wasn't a video of 2 bitchin' 69 camaros.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 03:44 PM

Quote:

fishy340 That was a good video and thanks for posting it. As usual the guys here can not see anything but a ford and chevy and do not understand money races. They only want to know how fast so they can compare their junk to them. I really would like to know how many of these super fast mopars that are here have the nuts to put money up on a race with no times and true heads up.Beleive me I have nothing for these guys but I sure do respect them. A bicycle with nitrous is fast than my junk.

I wanted to know how fast because there are quite a few stock suspension mustangs that are either in the 4s or very close down here running nitrous. i know a few of these guys and the amount of money that are in these cars is well beyond what most guys can afford. then you have to consider the car will probably hit a wall at some point so it is your best interest to build a car that you can find parts for easily. so its not that mopar guys are left in the past but if your into grudge racing, you pick a car that you can get to 2600lbs easily and cheap
Posted By: joshking440

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 04:12 PM

Quote:

Not sure if we watched the same link, but the one I saw were 2 Mustangs...

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 04:12 PM

It truely amaze me how they get these cars down the track also.I have never been to a true street / grudge race but have watch many on you tube.These guys are not going to give out any info on their car at all. As far as a mopar that could run with these guys? Heck yes. Take a early cuda or 4 door dart put together a basic big block good rods and pistons that could handle a ton nitrous and a set of cal-tracs.As far as 2600 pound cars I watched G body GM cars that are quick also. Why we don't see mopars in these races is most mopar guys are to cheap to build a car that would be fast enough or think they already have one but to scared to race because they may break something or don't want to find out they are slow.Mostly mopar guys like to sit on a computer and brag how fast they will be or are with the car that has been sitting in the garage most of the last 10 years. I love Mopars but also I truely love fast cars that means all brands.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 04:36 PM

I think most of us race for the love of racing and not the love of racing for money. I race more in one month than they do in a year. When I listen to these guys willing and dealing before a race they sound like they are from another planet. I have seen lots of guys come and go over the years and most of these guys disappear after a few years if they last that long.
Posted By: mike54

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 06:27 PM

thanks for the video fishy340..ive tried to get my mopar buddies interested in the headsup racing...i gave up...i guess they are lost in the past...like the charger guys in the kfc commercial..''give me 2 chicken pot pies''

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 06:37 PM

Quote:

thanks for the video fishy340..ive tried to get my mopar buddies interested in the headsup racing...i gave up...i guess they are lost in the past...like the charger guys in the kfc commercial..''give me 2 chicken pot pies''

maybe they just have a problem with illegal activities. Pretty sure "betting" large sums of money isn't really a great idea. We have a few Mopars in the 9" and 10.5" classes. They do well. I think the 9" guys are in the hi-5's and the 10.5 low 5 hi-4's. Maybe it's because most mopars guys I know like to run a full race, not half.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 08:23 PM

Not illegal, alot of these races are done on drag strips and betting large sums of money means to me,they put up where most others shut up and sit in the corner whining that they can't race against a big tire car or a chassis car or the only way they can go that fast is with boost or nitrous.Mabe a handfull of cars that are on this site would have any kind of a chance.But the rest are wanta be's. Also I love the "you only racing half a race if you race 1/8th mile tracks". Now thats funny.Most of the time the guy that says that races once a decade and brags the rest of the time. I am getting a little hungry so off to KFC.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 08:52 PM

Fishy, I built my Duster to run on the streets of East L.A. for money, that didn't happen due to circumstances beyond my control What little street racing I've seen involves a lot of mind games by all concerned I'm not a good game player, I have raced for money a couple of times years ago I've been ask and have driven other peoples cars in street races, I won most of them But that was in the So CA desert back in the 1960s for pennys in slow cars I have heard a bunch of different storys about street racing, some stupid and some okay, what is the scene like where you guys are? There was a single episode of street racing in East L.A. on the National Geographic channel several weeks ago, it seemed to me to not real, white guys that had a car repair shop in East L.A. racing a another Latino guy with a shop in East L.A. driving a Escapade(SP?) for $6500 heads up agianst a Camero he owned driven by one of his buds. It look like they raced on Imperial Blvd. around three AM in the morning, not sure who won, maybe thats in the next episode, if it happens agian Maybe someday

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 09:20 PM

Quote:

Not illegal, alot of these races are done on drag strips and betting large sums of money means to me,they put up where most others shut up and sit in the corner whining that they can't race against a big tire car or a chassis car or the only way they can go that fast is with boost or nitrous.Mabe a handfull of cars that are on this site would have any kind of a chance.But the rest are wanta be's. Also I love the "you only racing half a race if you race 1/8th mile tracks". Now thats funny.Most of the time the guy that says that races once a decade and brags the rest of the time. I am getting a little hungry so off to KFC.

well betting is illegal, I'm sure those guys report the winnings afterall.. not that I care, but to some it might be soemthing they'd rather not get into. And I've done 8th mile plenty, don't like it..kind of lame but if that's all you have then fine. I race as much as I can, 2 young kids w/ activities makes it hard to get to the track every week. Maybe when the kids are older...

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/19/12 11:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

maybe they just have a problem with illegal activities. Pretty sure "betting" large sums of money isn't really a great idea. We have a few Mopars in the 9" and 10.5" classes. They do well. I think the 9" guys are in the hi-5's and the 10.5 low 5 hi-4's. Maybe it's because most mopars guys I know like to run a full race, not half.

Hey Yuck you now mopars that run full races (1/4 mi) and go low 5s and hi 4s. Wow you should get them to race heads up they would kill everyone!!! Thats what most of the fast cars go in the 1/8 (half race). LOL

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 12:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Yuck you now mopars that run full races (1/4 mi) and go low 5s and hi 4s. Wow you should get them to race heads up they would kill everyone!!! Thats what most of the fast cars go in the 1/8 (half race). LOL

Schumacher's cars do

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 12:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Schumacher's cars do

No they only go 1000 ft so thats like 3/4 of a real race!!lol

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

umm no that's in the 1/8 as well donkey
Posted By: Kiner

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:54 AM

Wow Fishy 340 puts up a video. It's a N/T car. that means no time.
Then the moral squad comes out.
Oh it's not a Mopar I don't want to watch.
Do they pay taxes?
Are you serious?
Wow
Posted By: Kiner

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:00 AM

Don't say thanks for posting two nasty cars.
Lets talk pinion angles and drive a Toyota.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:09 AM

Quote:

I think most of us race for the love of racing and not the love of racing for money. I race more in one month than they do in a year. When I listen to these guys willing and dealing before a race they sound like they are from another planet. I have seen lots of guys come and go over the years and most of these guys disappear after a few years if they last that long.

I've been headsup/street racing since the mid 70'S...Been using the cheater stuff as you like to call it since the late 70'S...Took it to the tracks in the 90'S,Don't plan on quiting anytime soon

Attached picture 7126579-challengers1.JPG

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I've been headsup/street racing since the mid 70'S...Been using the cheater stuff as you like to call it since the late 70'S...Took it to the tracks in the 90'S,Don't plan on quiting anytime soon

One of the few. Now take a class on adding an attachment as I like to look at pictures.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:45 AM

I can see the the pic, maybe you need your glasses!!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:48 AM

And .net boys have been racing for a long time.15+yrs (aka petey small block) And I have had my car about 15 yrs now.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 02:56 AM

Quote:

Good then you can probably see the edited by Gary Robbins on the bottom of the post.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:08 AM

Sorry you said your buddies so I assumed that meant the same buddies. You should tell them to come to cecil and take some easy cash every month runing thoughs times. If they can strap on 275s they can win. There is only a few mopars that show up and none run that fast. I don't know what class is 9", they don't run that at MIR or Cecil or Atco or any where I know of. And if they are trying to run Outlaw 10.5 they are way off the pace as those cars go low 4s. And as always my donkey to your pigblock any day, any track, any amount you want to run for.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Good then you can probably see the edited by Gary Robbins on the bottom of the post.

Why yes I can see it edited two mins before your post.Maybe you need to see the eye doctor?

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why yes I can see it edited two mins before your post.Maybe you need to see the eye doctor?

My eyes are fine but my typing is a little slow. Kinda like you.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I didnt want to post in this but... it wasnt there
and it was edited to put it in... being that there
isnt any seconds on the time it could have been 1
minute between his edit and the following post and
maybe it took him 1 minute to post

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:20 AM

Clock don't lie gentleman.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:27 AM

Quote:

What's u brother

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:27 AM

Quote:

Your right.... he entered the edit 4 minutes after
his post... and if you understand if I enter at the end
of the minute as in 1:01:59 and you inter at 1:03:01
is that 2 minutes.... no

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

is that 2 minutes.... no

Correct and pitts entered his post 2 mins after garys edit. So it was 6 mins from the orginal post. So are we all good on clock keeping now.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is that 2 minutes.... no

Correct and pitts entered his post 2 mins after garys edit. So it was 6 mins from the orginal post. So are we all good on clock keeping now.

Oh well I'll let you get back to your pissin match...
sorry I enter this post again

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

is that 2 minutes.... no

I mean what's up 67dart

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:41 AM

Whats up one bad fish, how your ride?

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

is that 2 minutes.... no

Mike thanks for the help but getting through to this guy is like talking to my youngest son. The ones that do the most talkin are the ones with the most time on their hands. If they spent more time working on their race cars instead of paying someone to do everything they might know what they were doing and not have to use POWER ADDERS. Get some sleep Mike as we both have busy days planned in our shops working on our race cars.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:45 AM

Yea sorry old timers I have to go to work for a living. And I will race any stock suspension car you have motor to motor!!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:47 AM

Quote:

It's good need to do a couple of things before I come out. And i am trying drag radials
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:49 AM

AFter watching that video I think I needs me some more homies to get me into the lights.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It's good need to do a couple of things before I come out. And i am trying drag radials

Tough with cal tracs, I have found you need a real good shock.(afcos)

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have them on double adjust

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yea I couldn't get a rancho to work with radials and switch to afco da and it works much better. Still fine tuning them as the 26" tire race was the second time out on them.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yea I couldn't get a rancho to work with radials and switch to afco da and it works much better. Still fine tuning them as the 26" tire race was the second time out on them.

do you guys have part numbers

mine is stock location ,dont know if it matters to a minitubed car

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:07 AM

Your ride height is what matters. My car has -1 springs and a 3/4 lowering block so my shocks are short. You need to measure your extended length and colapsed lenght and go from there. If your car is close to mine I can get my shock number, let me know.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:16 AM

Quote:

Your ride height is what matters. My car has -1 springs and a 3/4 lowering block so my shocks are short. You need to measure your extended length and colapsed lenght and go from there. If your car is close to mine I can get my shock number, let me know.

Kool that means I got some work ahead of me. Lol
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:42 AM

I'd rather see them big money no time races at the track and NOT in the streets

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 12:41 PM

Quote:

I'd rather see them big money no time races at the track and NOT in the streets

Agreed and with what these cars are running time wise nowadays it really makes sense.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:00 PM

Quote:

AFter watching that video I think I needs me some more homies to get me into the lights.

i dont care who you are thats funny right there

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:09 PM

Quote:

Sorry you said your buddies so I assumed that meant the same buddies. You should tell them to come to cecil and take some easy cash every month runing thoughs times. If they can strap on 275s they can win. There is only a few mopars that show up and none run that fast. I don't know what class is 9", they don't run that at MIR or Cecil or Atco or any where I know of. And if they are trying to run Outlaw 10.5 they are way off the pace as those cars go low 4s. And as always my donkey to your pigblock any day, any track, any amount you want to run for.

I'll have to get a big blue bottle to run w/ you... My car is a driver that I race. For every Mopar I see in those classes there are 5 chevys and 5 fords..maybe more. One guy is building a big inch wedge for the 9" class. Looking forward to seeing it run. Unfortunitly the fastest cars are the blown Chevy's and Furds.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:15 PM

some of you guys are really mentally challenged yuck=11sec big block on methanol lmao! talks about morals,others make baby racist remarks and other meatheads laugh...i hate everyone so im not racist...smothers brothers needs to get brown sugar out aka get u some!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:31 PM

Quote:

some of you guys are really mentally challenged yuck=11sec big block on methanol lmao! talks about morals,others make baby racist remarks and other meatheads laugh...i hate everyone so im not racist...smothers brothers needs to get brown sugar out aka get u some!

I don't run on meth silly. I have a snow performance meth/water kit that helps w/ detonation. Big difference. My stock stroke 440 is a driver that gets some track time. It has stock suspension, full interior (complete w/ kid seat)...If I had the time I surely could build something much faster. Don't compare your $18-20k small block race car to a my 5k BB driver.
As far as the cars in the video, yeah they are fast, and it's fun to watch them race, Some here were bashing that they see no mopars, well true and some made good comments as to why. Cost is the biggest factor that I see. Those F-body’s are cheap and make good race cars.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 01:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3IFz00gHA&feature=youtu.be

Here is a well produced vid for the ones that don't know.
Posted By: Max Wedge Savoy

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 03:18 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3IFz00gHA&feature=youtu.be

Here is a well produced vid for the ones that don't know.

Well produced? About 14 different people all yelling at the same time is all I heard. About 45 seconds of racing that was out of focus. I've seen big money races with less BS that's for sure.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:05 PM

I just watched that 13 minute video and all I can say is whoooooo.
I will thank God every day of my life that I live where I do and will never run into guys like that. I have never witnessed anything like that in my 35+ years at the track and if it came to that I would quit.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:12 PM

Quote:

I will thank God every day of my life that I live where I do and will never run into guys like that. I have never witnessed anything like that in my 35+ years at the track and if it came to that I would quit.

hahaha I wasn't very impressed either. Cars are fast but it seems like a drama just to get the 2 lined up. I must be too old to enjoy it. I do have a question that wasn't answered before... was the track rented or was that a "regular" track day? Because No WAY any track around here would allow so many people in the burn-out box/staging lanes. As a matter of fact you can bring 1 (one) person up w/ you to help you stage if you need to.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 04:31 PM

Quote:

I have been in and out of drag racing since 1970.Last 10 preaty much 3 times a month and in points. You have never seen guys sitting at the starting line betting on races? Two years ago I went to a local track thats a touch under 1/8 mile long. I had not been there in 30 years just because the other tracks were longer and this track was running at odd hours because it was a roundy track also. Well there was speacial races as in night underfire at my track so we went to this track. Long story short these guys put me on the trailer quick.Well most of the time we pack up and leave but instead we hung out. There were a group of guys at the starting line that were talking smack and betting on races.Well I never had so much entertanment at any track ever. It was a blast to watch and these guys that had no dog in the fight just raiseing hell with each other. I can get into watching grudge races at tracks.
Posted By: instigator

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 05:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

hahaha I wasn't very impressed either. Cars are fast but it seems like a drama just to get the 2 lined up. I must be too old to enjoy it. I do have a question that wasn't answered before... was the track rented or was that a "regular" track day? Because No WAY any track around here would allow so many people in the burn-out box/staging lanes. As a matter of fact you can bring 1 (one) person up w/ you to help you stage if you need to.

That's the way it is down here in the south....my buddy Ndacut(Maurice) put on that event at Fayeteville Motorsports Park....and there ain't much in the way as rules..now if you want to really check out some backwoods racing check them boys out down in south georgia....look up THEMR5SPEED on youtube and check out some of his vids! Epic!

Down south bracket racing is a dying breed..more heads up class racing and grudge racing going on!....it helps to bring in spectators.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/20/12 05:53 PM

"Down south bracket racing is a dying breed..more heads up class racing and grudge racing going on!....it helps to bring in spectators".

75/80 is doing T&T and grude racing Wed nights, Fri night is 1/8 mile for OPS, True Street, some pay outs are pretty big. Sat is regular "points racing" 9" and 10.5"

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 02:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not a track rental a grudge day event at the track. When was the last time you saw that many people watching a bracket race? How much extra money did that just generate for the track in food and people just coming to watch? I know cecil does their street car shootout just for the money spectators bring in.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 02:12 AM

Quote:

"Down south bracket racing is a dying breed..more heads up class racing and grudge racing going on!....it helps to bring in spectators".

75/80 is doing T&T and grude racing Wed nights, Fri night is 1/8 mile for OPS, True Street, some pay outs are pretty big. Sat is regular "points racing" 9" and 10.5"

So 9" is a 6.50 index race?

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 12:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So 9" is a 6.50 index race?

Not sure on the index... you can check the web site for the schedule.http://www.75-80dragway.com/files/Schedule2.pdf
and 75/80 is pretty packed Friday and Sat nights and nobody crowds the lanes like that.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 12:28 PM

Yea a 6.50 index is a little to slow. And crowds don't bother me.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 01:18 PM

Quote:

Yea a 6.50 index is a little to slow. And crowds don't bother me.

The 1/8 mile big races are heads up...OPS/Real Street. They just don't let people in the burn out area for safety... plenty of people all over the track. It really starts to get busy after 9pm.

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 01:21 PM

67 what about any of these? "Outlaw Drag Radial, 6.0, 5.0, 5.50, Test & Tune" 5.0 too slow???

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 01:42 PM

Wow this little topic became a mess. Lol

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 03:40 PM

i like mr yuck,although we never met..i do think of the kfc commercial with them guys in the charger ordering(2 chicken pot pies) lol

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 03:44 PM

That car is a 4 speed (i think) but everything else fits...lol haven't had the "pie" yet but it looks yummy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4RvvLx-vZM

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/21/12 09:02 PM

A little far to travel, 75/80. I was intrested in 9" because we don't have that class up here.thanks
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 02:57 AM

Wow, this is one f'kd up thread

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 03:10 AM

WE PISS AND MOAN ABOUT HEADS UP RACING AND HOW IT TAKES TO MUCH TIME, AND TO MANY PEOPLE INVOLVED, BUT THATS REALLY JUST HOW RACIN IS IN THE SOUTH, ITS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN WE ARE USED TO, BUT THEY HAVE TONS OF TRACKS THAT HOLD LOTS OF RACES BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE SHOW UP. LOOK AT ALL THE TRACKS CLOSING.... OR NOT RUNNING WEEKLY PROGRAMS, BECAUSE THERE ARENT ENOUGH PEOPLE.....WE CANG COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS STUFF AS RACERS....IT HELPS PAY THE BILLS

AND FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK HEADS UP RACING IS BORING BECASUE OF DOWNTIME.....NEXT TIME YOUR AT THE JEGS SPORTSNATIONALS OR SOME OTHER BIG TIME BRACKET RACE...LOOK IN THE STANDS, THEN GO TO A BIG MONEY HEADS UP RACE AND LOOK IN THE STANDS....THE PROOF ABOUT WHATS BOARING WILL BE THERE
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 03:51 AM

Quote:

WE PISS AND MOAN ABOUT HEADS UP RACING AND HOW IT TAKES TO MUCH TIME, AND TO MANY PEOPLE INVOLVED, BUT THATS REALLY JUST HOW RACIN IS IN THE SOUTH, ITS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN WE ARE USED TO, BUT THEY HAVE TONS OF TRACKS THAT HOLD LOTS OF RACES BECAUSE LOTS OF PEOPLE SHOW UP. LOOK AT ALL THE TRACKS CLOSING.... OR NOT RUNNING WEEKLY PROGRAMS, BECAUSE THERE ARENT ENOUGH PEOPLE.....WE CANG COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS STUFF AS RACERS....IT HELPS PAY THE BILLS

AND FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK HEADS UP RACING IS BORING BECASUE OF DOWNTIME.....NEXT TIME YOUR AT THE JEGS SPORTSNATIONALS OR SOME OTHER BIG TIME BRACKET RACE...LOOK IN THE STANDS, THEN GO TO A BIG MONEY HEADS UP RACE AND LOOK IN THE STANDS....THE PROOF ABOUT WHATS BOARING WILL BE THERE

I was there this weekend. If you look close at Petey's race vid you will see all of us sleeping standing up cause the stands were full

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 05:13 AM

yo bobby i would've bought you 2 chicken pot pies..lol

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 12:06 PM

Pot pies?... Dont you know bobby only eats cheese steaks..... That was his nick name back when he grudge raced..... Cheese-steak Bob!

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 02:19 PM

Josh,when u live that close to philly..i'd be guilty of cheese steaks myself.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 04:28 PM

"without inside out" for the locals

sorry i missed you down there. I can't imagine why i didn't see you since there was nobody at that boring race

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 05:58 PM

real grudge race for chick in bikini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3jcBMI9WU&feature=player_embedded

Re: $$$ race from fayetteville nc( .net boyz) vs (jimbo) - 03/22/12 06:21 PM

Quote:

real grudge race for chick in bikini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3jcBMI9WU&feature=player_embedded

the 89 batmoblie has a 300 maybe hp chevy motor and will do a 10 second 1/4??? and the old one has an iject LS something motor w/ 325 and will do high 9's REALLY? can't wait to see the ending.. wonder if she'll wash my car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums