Moparts

Mega Mopar Action Series

Posted By: CRT

Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 06:00 PM

http://texasmotorplex.com/2012/01/mega-mopar-action-series-to-host-four-national-events-in-2012/
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 06:12 PM

I wonder what alterior motive they have for scheduling the last 2 races on the same dates as the Monster Mopar races at Indy and St Louis. I realize these races are being put on by the Super Chevy group, but it is just too much of a conicidence not to have done it on purpose. Say they split up the cars and then the magaziens report not enough cars for a good race at either place.
Just sayin'
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 06:16 PM

I would be really surprised if they researched Josh's series at all.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 06:29 PM

I heard our local track backed off the Mopar Max race due to Indy...So it looks like someone didn't do any research! I doubt if any of our regulars go to Indy...Two big races that close together is a strain on the wallet...
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 07:25 PM

It will be hard to not have some conflict as most tracks already have certain dates set up for mulitple venues and then try to add in something else. This year will be tough trying to figure out which races to go to. Josh has St. Louis and the next weekend is BGR Pittsburg race - then at the end of the year there is Norwalk and the following week Indy. Throw in the mentioned series and the the JJ and Sled City races and it really gets tight. Some are too close together to try and make them all so it will be pick and choose. The good thing is we do have more choices!!!

Russ

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 07:31 PM

Russ...Choice is good!! Anyone see any entry fee/payouts yet?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/30/12 10:56 PM

Super Chevy needed an In with the mopar crowd and a name.... hence Mopar Action Magazine.

Super Chevy knew about my events, as they approached me about buying/using the name Monster Mopar and hiring me to run the shows. I then learned THEY dont run the shows.....they con tracks into buying the "name" of the event, and then its at the tracks discretion on how the event is handled. Thats why there is no payouts listed, or structure for that matter.

The tracks involved have ALWAYS held these Mopar Events on these exact same dates that they are on.

This isnt a Series with a group of people putting there heads together to make it the best it can be for the racers. Its a group of people who made up a name "and a bad one" and sold an Idea to a racetrack.... Its then the responsibilty of the racetrack to promote, sponsor, and run thge event.

It really becomes "more of the same" only different
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/31/12 01:06 AM

Quote:

It will be hard to not have some conflict as most tracks already have certain dates set up for mulitple venues and then try to add in something else. This year will be tough trying to figure out which races to go to. Josh has St. Louis and the next weekend is BGR Pittsburg race - then at the end of the year there is Norwalk and the following week Indy. Throw in the mentioned series and the the JJ and Sled City races and it really gets tight. Some are too close together to try and make them all so it will be pick and choose. The good thing is we do have more choices!!!

Russ

I will attend any race that is to my liking, budget, locality, preference, etc at the time I decide I have enough money to make a race!! No disrespect to any of the promoters, but, I will do what I can afford to do and still enjoy myself.

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/31/12 01:14 PM

Quote:

Super Chevy knew about my events, as they approached me about buying/using the name Monster Mopar and hiring me to run the shows. I then learned THEY dont run the shows.....they con tracks into buying the "name" of the event, and then its at the tracks discretion on how the event is handled. Thats why there is no payouts listed, or structure for that matter.

When I talked to Laura Gardner at Cordova about a Super Chevy event and a Fun Ford weekend for the other racers,she said Super Chevy is all about the money and Fun Ford is no more. Super Chevy said our track was too small for an event yet we had around 400 cars for the Armdrop Live plus about 8000 spectators. So you are correct on that....
Posted By: 1x59rr

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/31/12 05:52 PM

Our club (tidewater mopar club) has been running a show with VMP for several years now. On the 14th the VMP promoter is coming to our meeting to discuss the event. I'll pass on any info i get from that that meeting and the what he tells us. But from right now it seems what josh king said is the fact, its up to us and the track to run.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 01/31/12 08:41 PM

Quote:

Super Chevy needed an In with the mopar crowd and a name.... hence Mopar Action Magazine.

The tracks involved have ALWAYS held these Mopar Events on these exact same dates that they are on.

This isnt a Series with a group of people putting there heads together to make it the best it can be for the racers. Its a group of people who made up a name "and a bad one" and sold an Idea to a racetrack.... Its then the responsibilty of the racetrack to promote, sponsor, and run thge event.

It really becomes "more of the same" only different

I stand corrected. A guy can learn alot from Josh if he cares to listen
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 02/01/12 02:18 AM

ted Gateway is having
super chevyJune 22,23
Fun Ford Aug 10,11,12
So we will see how they promote these verses promoting MMW in June

Attached picture 7047033-CIMG0781.JPG
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Mega Mopar Action Series - 02/02/12 12:51 AM

I went to Maple Grove last year and enjoyed it! and plan on going this year. However I run in a weekly Points Series at one track and might run Points at another track also ,the NED Bracket Finals are then same weekend as the Virginia race, it s too bad as I went to the Chrysler Classic race there 10 years ago and had a ball! and would go again if it were a different weekend.
© 2024 Moparts Forums