Moparts

VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS???

Posted By: Labratt

VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 05:23 AM

Has anyone made a GOOD...leak-proof cover yet for this combo? I used an Indy cast plate last season..worked OK...but WAS NOT seep-proof! There is still a larger gap between the heads than is preferred! I know Hughes use to sell a valley cover,but looks to be discontinued,as of lately! Andy F.....any plans to machine,and market one of these in the near future??? Thanks for ANY info on this subject! Randy B.

Attached picture 7040502-INDYPLATEANDSUPERFORMANCEGASKETS014.jpg
Posted By: Ari440

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 05:27 AM

use permatex ultra grey silicon

hardends up good no leaks at all
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 06:19 AM

I ended up using the stock tray w/gaskets on both sides and it`s totally dry...............may not look as cool but it works.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 06:45 AM

that's what i used. never had a leak. seeya.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 07:05 AM

Thanks for the tip,Ari! Dom..can't use the stock tin gasket...my heads are cnc-ported!

Attached picture 7040620-EDDYHEADSAFTERMCHCNC-PORTING015.jpg
Posted By: BSB67

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 12:30 PM

You can use tin. It just takes time fittng it.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 12:57 PM

Randy...I asked the guy doing my heads the same question...He said to take a piece of 1/4" aluminum and make my own. But I do not have any tools to do it so I will be watching this!!
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 01:49 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip,Ari! Dom..can't use the stock tin gasket...my heads are cnc-ported!

If you can port the head, you can port the gasket

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 04:27 PM

I've had way too much trouble in the past with the tin valley covers...oil getting "sucked-in" under the gasket! I'd much rather use a plate..and stand-alone composition gaskets..like the Hughes #3266's I just got. They're over-sized to fit ported factory-sized port windows! I trial-fitted one on my Eddy's last night..not much trimming to do at all! Looks like they're going to work well! I'll post a pic of the match shortly! If I can't find a plate with a closer-tolerence fit to the head...I'll just use the Indy plate again!
Posted By: Stanton

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 04:46 PM

Quote:

He said to take a piece of 1/4" aluminum and make my own. But I do not have any tools to do it

Well I don't know what you'd do different with 1/4" aluminum than what the Indy cover is but if you wanted to try, all you need is a decent tablesaw and a sharp carbide blade. The blade will go through the aluminum like butter.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 04:58 PM

Quote:

Mine are a bit bigger than stock so I stacked/glued the gaskets to the tray, bolted em on the head and whittled away. The fit is perfect along w/dry intake runners which is a first.
Posted By: cl440

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 05:23 PM

It boggles my mind that no one has made a valley cover specifically for these heads! Obviously there is a market for it.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 05:43 PM

No kiddin' Chuck! I believe Hughes made a couple different styles for this application..but remember hearing complaints of them leaking! I'm surprised Andy F. doesn't manufacture one! There are a LOT of Edelbrock RPM users out there! Andy...hope you read this!
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 05:45 PM

Hello,

I have a few of AndyF's pieces and would certainly add that one if he made it to my combo.

Damon

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 07:48 PM

Thanks,Damon! Andy's products look to be top notch in quality,and finish! I'm going to PM him..pick his brain a little bit!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 08:47 PM

Quote:

So are mine, I trimmed both a low deck and high deck Hi Po Fel Pro valley pan NO BIG DEAL Easy to do with avaition snips or a die grinder Lay your intake minus the carb on the motor with the heads on it torque down and look through the intake ports and see how your manifold to head port alignment is and go from there on gasket thickness selection One of my motors likes one thin Fel Pro gasket under the valley pan and the other motors likes one both above and below the valley pan for perfect alignment Intake ports are absolutely dry now
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 09:00 PM

Randy, I can make them. CNC cut plates... Let me know, I can make one and send it with the decals you ordered

-Kenny

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 09:53 PM

Kenny..that would be GREAT! I assume you have a 440 block and heads to test-fit with! The gap should be minimal on the plate-to-head fitment,for a leak-proof seal! Please keep me informed on this,Buddy! How's the weather been up there in Alberta?...COLD,I bet! Randy

Attached picture 7041517-INDYPLATEANDSUPERFORMANCEGASKETS009.jpg
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 10:06 PM

We just used an Indy plate and welded it to the bottom of my intake

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 10:13 PM

Right on buddy! It's been mild around here this winter, I just took the summer tires off my daily driver last week, and it was because I got a flat. LOL. It is currently 33 deg F right now. Hardly any snow so far. Which is good for me because I have a problem not lowering everything I drive haha.

Tow rig....

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 10:30 PM

Kenny..looks like a nice Shivvy! I like the lowered stance,also!
Posted By: tex013

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 11:16 PM

i'm with you Randy,i'd like to see a plate to truely suit stealth eddy heads

Tex

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/28/12 11:43 PM

Quote:

i'm with you Randy,i'd like to see a plate to truely suit stealth eddy heads

Tex

So how many of these am I doing then?

I agree there is a need for good valley plates.

-Kenny
Posted By: T-bar

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 12:03 AM

Hey Labratt i was chasing one for mine last year and could only come up with the two piece stainless one from Mancini fits good seals up ok the only thing i changed was the center screws. Imo they didn't take up right so i got some little nuts welded to the bottom side and put allen key headed bolts through the top. Looks good tightens and seals better than the self tapping screws that were supplied.
Posted By: gch

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 12:35 AM

Make a version with the dimple for the dual plane intakes and I will buy both.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 02:01 AM

Kenny...I'm with George! If you make one with the center recess,for dual-plane manifolds,it would accomadate BOTH types of manifolds! I have an RPM Performer dual-plane that I wouldn't mind trying out in the future! Right now an M-1 is my manifold of choice!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 02:09 AM

Here are a few pics of the Hughes over-sized port window intake gaskets, attached to one of my heads. A near-perfect fit,as far as port window is concerned! Just have to trim about .160 off the bottom of the gasket..where it hangs past the deck surface.

Attached picture 7041885-HUGHESENGINESINTAKEGASKET..#3266005.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 02:11 AM

ANOTHER

Attached picture 7041893-HUGHESENGINESINTAKEGASKET..#3266002.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 02:13 AM

ON THIS PIC,YOU CAN SEE THE OVER-HANG THAT NEEDS TRIMMING.

Attached picture 7041898-HUGHESENGINESINTAKEGASKET..#3266003.jpg
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 03:33 AM

Nice looking gasket.

I used one of these to trim the port areas up on the sheet metal:

Then I used all 4 of the paper gaskets that come with the 1214 fel pro kit.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 04:00 AM

Quote:

Kenny...I'm with George! If you make one with the center recess,for dual-plane manifolds,it would accomadate BOTH types of manifolds! I have an RPM Performer dual-plane that I wouldn't mind trying out in the future! Right now an M-1 is my manifold of choice!

I agree! I am glad it was brought up, I didn't even think of it, almost all the B and RB engine we do have an M1 or victor intake on them.

BTW, I just did a flat plate for a 608 hemi dad just did and it seals completely.

Adding the recess in the plate will add expence to it, but I will try to make one for a good price. Of course, I will have a price together for them BEFORE I make any, and that price will be set in stone.

-Kenny

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 05:16 AM

Sounds good,Kenny! Now aren't ya' glad I started this post...and interest in an Indy-type plate for us non-Indy head owners? SOMEONE with the know how..and equipment to produce these at a competitive price,could stand to make some coin...if the demand is there for them!...which I believe IS! Keep us in the loop on your progress,Kenny! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Attached picture 7042199-HUGHESENGINESINTAKEGASKET..#3266006.jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 05:26 AM

Randy If you do go with a plate and a Performer RPM you will have to cut the heat stove off the bottom of the intake so it will fit.It looks like you could make a nice ashtray out it after you cut it off
Gus

Attached picture 7042217-mysavoy.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 06:07 AM

ASHTRAY??!!! Gus...too bad I don't smoke!..NOT REALLY! I hate cigarettes! I won't cut the heat cross-over off of my RPM manifold..that's why I'm trying to get my buddy from North of the border(Kenny Joss)"StrokerAspen" to fabricate one for me..which I think he will do! Smart young man,and a real go-getter,that guy is! Gus..Nick was suppose to give my K-1's a good going-over before shipping them! I thought I'd see them today,but looks like early next week! Thanks again for making that happen!..I owe you!..AGAIN!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 07:02 AM

Thanks Randy for the kind words. I will do what I can!

-Kenny
Posted By: TC67CUDA

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 07:09 AM

I had a 1/8" plate welded to the bottom of the manifold when I ran the RPM heads and was leak proof too.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 03:37 PM

Tony..looks REAL NICE! BOTH,the plate installation....and your engine..and engine bay! That's 3!...my counting ability is starting to diminish..OLD AGE? I better NOT forget how to read my mics..and dial bore indicator...when I start putting this 440 back together!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 04:59 PM

Randy....Have you port matched you intake to the heads yet?

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 05:17 PM

Hi,T-Boom! No..not yet! I'm sure you saw my pics of the port window-to gasket match with the Hughes gasket. ...SPOT-ON!..sizing is pretty much perfect! I just have to trim approx. .160 off the bottom of the gasket,where it overhangs the head deck surface. Do you have a technique for intake manifold-to-head port matching,that you want to share? I'm ALL ears! BTW...I'll post a few pics of the Hughes gasket-to M-1 port window match-up,in a short while!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 05:19 PM

Not much help to ya...Was just curious!! I won't see my heads for a while..

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 07:46 PM

Here are some gasket-to-manifold port window matches. The smaller,RED gasket is a Superformance gasket for stock port windows. The BLACK gasket is the Hughes Oversized gaskets,for ported heads...they are a near-perfect match to the cnc'd heads...but looks like I'll be doin' some whittling,when using these Hughes gaskets!

Attached picture 7042882-INTAKEMANIFOLD-TO-GASKETMATCH002.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 07:47 PM

HUGHES GASKET MATCH!

Attached picture 7042885-INTAKEMANIFOLD-TO-GASKETMATCH009.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 08:06 PM

Randy I used the Mopar gray RTV sealer I got from the Dealer I used to work at and it has not leaked or seeped at all. Ron

Posted By: 383man

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 08:10 PM

This pic was taken in December at a car show and as you can see it has not leaked at all. The gray Mopar sealer says for Eng and Drivetrain sealing. This is after I have put 7 passes on it at the track and about 1000 street miles. Ron

Posted By: Charger4404spd

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 09:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree! I am glad it was brought up, I didn't even think of it, almost all the B and RB engine we do have an M1 or victor intake on them.

BTW, I just did a flat plate for a 608 hemi dad just did and it seals completely.

Adding the recess in the plate will add expence to it, but I will try to make one for a good price. Of course, I will have a price together for them BEFORE I make any, and that price will be set in stone.

-Kenny

I'd like one of the recessed plates!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 10:12 PM

Kenny and Randy,
i would be interested in a flat one for my motor.
i would not want to have to remove a head to fit it like with the indy plates
maybe you could set up for a low deck as well?

Tex

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 10:27 PM

Cool! I do plan on making B and RB plates for sure. I need to make a small block 9.200" deck one at the same time too. The plate will be removable with out pulling the heads

-Kenny
Posted By: rickraw

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/29/12 11:57 PM

i used the indy plate with the removeable center plate. i cut off the tapered sides & filled the gap with high torque silicone. never ever had a seep or leak. go a plate for my sb from the scrap yard. cut & fit the same as the indy plate. no leaks or seeps. simple & cheap
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 12:14 AM

I have always been surprised that no one makes one for the rpm heads either. I'm not a big fan of the factory pan. I'm running the hughes 2 piece. But I have a few leaks to deal with. I think their design would be ok with a thicker gauge metal.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 12:40 AM

Thanks for the tip on using the grey RTV,Ron! I prefer a little contrast in colors on my motor...but yours is immaculately CLEAN! Tim...I've heard more than a few complaints of the Hughes plate's leaking...maybe that's why they're discontinued!
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 12:41 AM

Kenny if you do make some plates, post the info. I will buy one for a 440.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 12:43 AM

Kenny..who's got 1st "dibs" on the prototype???
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 01:03 AM

I would be interested in a flat one for my 440 motor.
I would not want to have to remove a head to fit it like with the Indy plates.

Would these be a 1, or 2 piece plate??

What price range would these be in??

Can you get a picture when you get one made??
Posted By: barracudabob

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 01:56 AM

Put me on the list, flat one for RB. Thanks, Bob
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 02:31 AM

i am completely baffled why more guys dont spend $220 for one of the best BB intakes made. and then complain about mopar prices to high

the 337 would do everything you need
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 03:01 AM

Quote:

i am completely baffled why more guys dont spend $220 for one of the best BB intakes made. and then complain about mopar prices to high

Well I guess every other intake should be destroyed for scrap then if there is only one intake for every single engine combo ever made
Gus

Attached picture 7043522-mysavoy.jpg
Posted By: Old School

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 03:04 AM

Quote:

thats why i have 4 of them. my last 500" rebuild made 718 hp, and i can close the stock hood, even with a 1/2" spacer...

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well I guess every other intake should be destroyed for scrap then if there is only one intake for every single engine combo ever made
Gus

for the combo in this thread, i agree. melt them down

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 03:27 AM

aren't they max wedge port only ? if so won't help stock port motors

Tex

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 03:32 AM

Quote:

aren't they max wedge port only ? if so won't help stock port motors

Tex

the 337 is a very small MW size with lots of meat. the heads in this thread are larger than stock anyway. and its only aluminum so it not very difficult to make it work
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 04:09 AM

what is the actual port opening size on the 337. anybody have that handy?

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:37 AM

Quote:

I would be interested in a flat one for my 440 motor.
I would not want to have to remove a head to fit it like with the Indy plates.

Would these be a 1, or 2 piece plate??

What price range would these be in??

Can you get a picture when you get one made??

I can make them 1 or 2 piece. If we are trying to seal things up and keep costs down, the 1 piece unit would be the route to go I think.

Here is a short deck version roughly hammered out. The tall deck would be the same, but wider. On this one, I have dropped the center as discussed earlier for dual plane stuff.

Pricing will depend on the material, and the cutting costs. I will have these sorted out before I make them though. Once I have the dimensions solid, the price tag wont be far behind. Thanks.

-Kenny

Attached picture 7043854-benginevalleyplate.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:38 AM

top side....

Attached picture 7043855-benginevalleyplate2.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:39 AM

looking from the front...

Attached picture 7043857-benginevalleyplate3.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:41 AM

Here is a top view of just the flat plate.

Attached picture 7043860-benginevalleyplateflat.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:42 AM

A view with a manifold above it...

Attached picture 7043863-bbmshortdeckintake.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:43 AM

front view again...

Attached picture 7043865-bbmshortdeckintake2.jpg

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 06:40 AM

nice

Tex

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 07:00 AM

VERRRY NICE! And seeing it in a GOLD hue!...Kenny,you know where this is going! Please try to make this a "reality" before April..when I plan to start putting the ole' 440 back together! BTW...do I get a "Decal Buyer's Discount" on this newfangled valley plate???? I hope so! Keep up the good work,my man!

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 07:46 AM

Haha! Thanks eh! I will try to get to the shop tomorrow to nail down some dimensions.

I think April should be a fairly easy target. I would like to have the first run done soon. What would be ideal for yours Randy, would be to ship it with your decals. As for a discount, we will work something out!

-Kenny

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 04:51 PM

Kenny,shipping EVERYTHING at once would be ideal! Know ANYONE who needs a USED Indy plate?..excellent shape,fair price! Waiting for the K-1's to arrive this week..then off to get the rotating assembly balanced. Always a GOOD thing to not only go faster...but improve,and STRENGTHEN the bottom-end as well!

Attached picture 7044248-K-1H-BEAMS.jpg
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/30/12 05:46 PM

Quote:

Know ANYONE who needs a USED Indy plate?..excellent shape,fair price!

PM Sent
Posted By: 64Post

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/31/12 01:31 AM

I trimmed the tin even with the bottom of the port runners and bent the "tabs" under each head and sealed it.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/31/12 06:32 AM

I thought about adding a lip that went under the the heads. This would help with sealing. However, this would require the heads to be lifted whenever the valley plate is to be removed. I could maybe make 45 degree angles that bolt to the flat plate. Then the plate could be removable still. This would of course bring the price up, but possibly a better product in the sealing department.

One other thought, would anyone possibly want a screw in breather on the plate? This could be an added option. This would allow you to run valve covers with out breathers to make for a cleaner look. If the breather on the valley plate was in the back, you wouldn't really see it even.

Any other options anyone can think of? I am all ears!

-Kenny

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 01/31/12 05:25 PM

Kenny..I believe a 45* bevel on the plate-to-head buttment,similar to the Indy design, would be the easiest..and most efficient design for leak-proof sealing! The smaller the gap,the less sealent used= NO OIL LEAKS,OR SEEPING! I would keep it SIMPLE..ONE PIECE..more affordable! As far as the breather incorporated on the plate itself...EXCELLENT IDEA...as long as it's as efficient as valve cover breathers! Real glad you're working on this MUCH-NEEDED piece!
Posted By: davenc

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/01/12 02:33 AM

Wouldn't it be difficult to baffle a breather mounted directly in the valley? I would think there is less oil splash/vapor under the valve covers than compared to under the valley plate.

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/01/12 04:04 AM

I think the right breather would do just fine in the valley pan. This could be an option that is an add in if it isn't wanted.

-Kenny

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/01/12 05:17 PM

I guess what style valve covers you have would determine the "need" for the valley plate breather. It would be nice to have that option!

Attached picture 7048012-DSC01334(Small).JPG
Posted By: mprhound

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 12:55 AM

any more on it yet? price? availibility?

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 02:51 AM

i know a couple guys that tried running a vac pump from their valley plate with god aweful results

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 05:43 AM

So,Ray...in other words,leave the baffles and breathers on the valve covers,right?!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 08:36 AM

If you run a breather in the valley pan MAKE a BAFFLE to go around it.
An open breather will pickup a Good amount of oil.
Just my 2 cents.
David
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 08:52 AM

Quote:

i know a couple guys that tried running a vac pump from their valley plate with god aweful results

Oiled the entire track, and got fined $250.00 by NHRA..

Not recommended..

Chris..

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 02/15/12 03:47 PM

Thanks for the info,Chris! I'll make sure Kenny knows about this before he designs a plate with a breather incorporated in it!
Posted By: mprhound

Re: VALLEY PLATE FOR A 440...EDDY RPM HEADS??? - 03/04/12 07:57 PM

any hope?
© 2024 Moparts Forums