Moparts

Magnolia For Sale+++++++UPDATE++++++

Posted By: Butch

Magnolia For Sale+++++++UPDATE++++++ - 01/07/12 09:45 PM

Just saw this on the Magnolia Drag Strip message board.

January 5, 2012 10:45 AM
AS THE YEARS HAVE PASSED WE HAVE ALL PUT OUR HEARTS AND SOULS INTO MAGNOLIA DRAG STRIP EVERY SEASON THE BIG QUESTION IS MAG GONNA OPEN AGAIN THIS SEASON, I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 18 YEARS AND MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR A NEW FACE AND NEW RULES, THAT IS UP TO YOU IF YOU HAVE A REASONABLE OFFER I AM HERE TO LISTEN PLEASE E MAIL ME AT MCCREERY3113@AOL.COM OR CALL 330-866-1500 I WILL NOT TALK PRICES OR BUSSINESS ON THIS WEB PAGE. IF NO REASONABLE OFFER THEN I WILL GO FROM THERE. ALL THE AWARDS PACKAGES HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT OR MAILED, THERFORE WE WILL NOT BE HAVING A BANQUET. LETS JUST HOPE THE 2012 SEASON IS A GREAT SEASON FOR ALL. THANK YOU DIXIE MCCREERY

Not good news.

Butch
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/07/12 09:54 PM

I wonder what he would consider a reasonable offer. Do you know if he owns the land or leases it from someone else?

Dennis

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/07/12 10:20 PM

I think it's a lease.

http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/07/12 10:31 PM

Maybe Ed Stanley will buy it.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/07/12 10:32 PM

Looks like the same situation that a lot of tracks are facing.
Just not enough cars.
Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/08/12 04:54 AM

Hmm... Didn't know they had a msg board.

I've never raced there, but was there various times growing up. Planned on taking the Dart for test+tune after I get it finished.

Over the past decade (maybe longer) everyone always wonders if it is going to be open "next season". So far it has, so I wonder if this is more of the same, or if this is for real.
Posted By: triplenickel

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/21/12 10:32 PM

Quote:

I think it's a lease.

Correct... at least according to this newspaper article.

==========
August 5, 2009

By JIM EXLINE
The Press-News

MAGNOLIA -- In what many may think is more man's territory
than woman's, Dixie McCreery is proving them all wrong.

She is proud to be the only female drag strip owner in this area,
or any where else, as far as she knows.

McCreery leases the land, and owns and operates the business.
==========
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/22/12 08:55 AM

Since your lurking around here Wayne, care to comment on whats going on at 42? Rumor has it Bob Hamey has stepped up.

As far as Mag goes, God Bless Dixie for trying.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/22/12 01:07 PM

this economy has destroyed a lot of things...cost of fuel, parts, taxes and just about everything else not to mention job loss and folks who have lost homes...

its no wonder tracks will be closing nation wide...

I pray that things get better for all of us...
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/23/12 07:29 AM

I would like to post on this, since I am not allowed to post on Magnolia's web board. Funny thing, I guess the message board operator doesn't want me to post on their board, since they blocked my access for no reason.
Dixie leases the land, I think that it is considered to be in a flood plain. Magnolia had a big following at one time, in the mid 1990's. Unfortunately, the operators ran a lot of racers off, and that no doubt has come back to play a big role in the lack of car count. Give credit to Dixie for trying to get some of those racers back. I sure hope that someone is able to buy the equipment and make a good lease with the land owners. It could be a nice little sucessful dragstrip, with the right management and program in place.

Jeff Day
Precision Automotive Machine
Canton, Ohio
(330)456-3045
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/23/12 07:03 PM

I have only raced there once and I had a great time with the stick shift guys
Gus

Attached picture 7033091-mysavoy.jpg
Posted By: Todd

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/23/12 11:22 PM

I just started racing there this past year hate to see it close. I like it there. The next closest track is alot further away.
Posted By: triplenickel

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/24/12 02:36 AM

Quote:

Since your lurking around here Wayne, care to comment on whats going on at 42? Rumor has it Bob Hamey has stepped up.

Every winter, people seem to have too much time on their hands.

This year's crop of rumors sprouted early, with unfounded claims being bantered around before Halloween.

Dragway 42's Annual Awards Banquet is less than 2 weeks away with another nearly 100 event schedule being announced for the track's 56th consecutive year of operation and 21st season under the ownership of the Ehrmantraut family.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/24/12 03:37 AM

I raced there once in 2010 ad really enjoyed myself...went -.005 red in the finals...believe it or not I rolled .005 out in the burnout box...

Sig pic is there...
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/24/12 04:18 AM

Magnolia is the first race track that I raced at back in 74. It was a 1/4 mile back then, and I cant believe guys were actualy running low 10,s and better with that short of track.

Back then a bunch of us friends would get together with our 69, Chargers, Mach I Mustangs, etc, whatever we had and go down there and run for fun, along with some real racers.
Back then , those cars werent Classics, they were daily drivers.

Its much safer now with 1/8 mile racing. I hope they stay open, or someone jumps in to help it keep going.

Im not sure its a money thing, as they seem to have plenty of support and sponsors the last I saw. Maybe Dixie is just tired of the time it takes to run a operation like that , I dont know. I hope it stays open though. I have very Fond memories of that place. Mike
Posted By: super451b

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 01/24/12 07:54 AM

Quote:

Dixie leases the land, I think that it is considered to be in a flood plain. Magnolia had a big following at one time, in the mid 1990's. Unfortunately, the operators ran a lot of racers off, and that no doubt has come back to play a big role in the lack of car count. I sure hope that someone is able to buy the equipment and make a good lease with the land owners. It could be a nice little sucessful dragstrip, with the right management and program in place.

Jeff Day
Precision Automotive Machine
Canton, Ohio
(330)456-3045

Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/04/12 03:49 PM

well according to the main page on the magnolia website the lease has changed hands and the track will remain open. the new managers are old time racers that have put on the magnolia labor day race (managing it as downtown ford sponsered these races) for at least the last 5 yrs and those races were always packed. i haven't raced for the last 2 yrs due to health issues but it seems the track became too much for dixie. this should be a good move for everyone involved!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/04/12 04:05 PM

Thats great news! See ya all there hopefully this year sometime.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/04/12 05:09 PM

Cool... wonder who is running it now.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/04/12 05:11 PM

I like to race there,,just a bit too far for me to travel to make it my 'home track'. Raced there when it was 1/4 mile,,like it better as an 1/8 mile. Hope it all works out for the local racers.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/05/12 07:11 AM

Quote:

Someone from your neck of the woods...
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/05/12 07:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Someone from your neck of the woods...

I heard quite a few "rumors" at the Geezer Gathering about both 42 and Mag ownership The Mag rumor is that The owners of Quaker bought it,and the Hamey deal with 42 is fairly solid with a possible 1000' concrete pad
Gus

Attached picture 7054918-savoyburnout.jpg
Posted By: mloboda

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/05/12 10:21 PM

Mag rumor is false. The new owner of quaker city is already fed up with racer complaints and wished he had never bought Quaker, let alone another dragstrip.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/05/12 11:24 PM

Jim Rankyl and Tad Ries from Rankyl and Ries Motorsports bought Magnolia.

The 42 deal is untrue. Although the concrete out to the asphalt may be done.

I haven't heard such a thing about Quaker. They had probably the best car count of all the local tracks last year. I'm sure there were "issues" but that is to be expected with new ownership.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/05/12 11:39 PM

Quote:

Jim Rankyl and Tad Ries from Rankyl and Ries Motorsports bought Magnolia.

The 42 deal is untrue. Although the concrete out to the asphalt may be done.

I haven't heard such a thing about Quaker. They had probably the best car count of all the local tracks last year. I'm sure there were "issues" but that is to be expected with new ownership.

Cool, thanks.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/06/12 12:04 AM

Quote:

Rankyl and Ries Motorsports

A buddy and I pitted next to them about 10 years ago at the 50k race at Stanton Mi. Cool people, and some nice eye candy in their pits too...LOL

Dennis

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/15/12 05:22 PM

Will it looks like Magnolia is back on the books for 2012. Check out the new web site for info. http://dragwayofmagnolia.com/

Attached picture 7072483-Magmolia.jpg
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/15/12 06:23 PM

guess I am going to have to come up for a visit.
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/15/12 07:02 PM

That's good to hear another track is saved. Will have to make a few trips to Magnolia again this summer.

Attached picture 7072660-magnolialaunch.JPG

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/15/12 10:17 PM

You'll like it Bill. It should be some easy money for you.

Butch
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/15/12 10:32 PM

I might have to follow Bill up there..
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/16/12 12:25 AM

You driving or the daughter/"hired gun"...?? It is one of my favorite places to race,,just a little far for me to make it every week.

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/16/12 12:41 AM

Nice looking track. I may try to make it one weekend if the car ever gets done.

Dennis
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/16/12 01:23 AM

Quote:

You driving or the daughter/"hired gun"...?? It is one of my favorite places to race,,just a little far for me to make it every week.

You never know..
Posted By: theraif

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/16/12 06:23 AM

sis and i will try to make it down this summer, this pic was we ran umtr a few yrs ago

Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Magnolia For Sale - 02/16/12 02:20 PM

Quote:

That's good to hear another track is saved. Will have to make a few trips to Magnolia again this summer.

Guess this means I have to leave the house
Cool!!!!

Attached picture 7073925-6012314-dennyatMagnolia2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums