Moparts

Thermoquad needle and seat

Posted By: Aspen7695

Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/03/12 09:01 PM

Does anyone know who sells larger than stock needles and seats. I tried Demon Sizzler but his web site is no longer active.

Raul
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/03/12 09:48 PM

Try these guys www.walkerproducts.com
Posted By: ademon

Re: Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/04/12 06:41 PM

i drilled mine out per demonsizzler. i think the kits have .091 seats and he said i could drill safely to .098 or so and still have them seal, you would need a small lathe to do it right. the old strip kit size was .110

Re: Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/05/12 03:33 AM

Thanks for the replies. I have a set of .110's but the end of the needles are not perfect and they will leak. I really need another set of .110's or larger. I'm waiting on replies from a couple of suppliers that may have some.

Raul
Posted By: Rapid340

Re: Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/05/12 01:58 PM

To my knowledge, they are long gone and they are necessary for high HP applications.

I bought out what little stock one supplier had left years ago and have used most of them in carbs I have done for people.

If you already have used .110 seats, get needles from a new standard kit, the needles are usually big enough for a .110 seat (or even larger). Also, you may get away with lightly used standard needles if you have some that are in good shape because the contact circle will not be in the same place.

Re: Thermoquad needle and seat - 01/05/12 05:44 PM

Rapid340 Thanks for the information. I was afraid to try using the smaller needles. I have some new ones so I'll put them in the .110 seats.

Raul
© 2024 Moparts Forums