Moparts

OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD

Posted By: n20mstr

OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 08:59 PM

prob got 100lbs of wiring in my car , soon to all come out. What switch panel anyone using thats reliabel and fused ???
I like the arc3701 or the painless 50303 something like that
Posted By: moparacer

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 09:09 PM

ARC 8000....

Best thing I ever done with my wiring....
Posted By: earthmover

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 09:39 PM

hey n20mster any video of your ride on youtub???some friends and i was talking about how nice the car looks and run a few days ago...thanks mike
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 09:41 PM

ARC flatpanel. All switches are fully programmable, nitrous guys should love it!
That's what I installed in the Dart, then took out the NOS! go figure. I still use most of the switches though for headlights, dome lights, tail/guage lights, etc.
[image][/image]
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 10:34 PM

Quote:

prob got 100lbs of wiring in my car , soon to all come out. What switch panel anyone using thats reliabel and fused ???
I like the arc3701 or the painless 50303 something like that

We have the ARC for ours...All the original wiring is very heavy but what shocked me the most was the weight of the factory instrument cluster/panel and steering column...Keep and you'll get there....
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 10:40 PM

I'm a fac of ARC stuff. Affordable, dependable and long lasting.

I've use the 3700 model in both of my cars and never had a problem with them. One is over 15 years old. They are fused and have some good design build into them. You can also call ARC up and one of the engineers will answer the phone and help you if you have questions.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 10:44 PM

switch panel??? no more street car!

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 10:48 PM

Quote:

you not going to like the changes....

AND boy those floor mats are almost 5lbs each ! ! !
Posted By: fishy340

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:25 PM

arc with nos switches(easy to see and reach,mounted on the cage)
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:28 PM

I am wanting to upgrade both of my cars to the ARC flat panel stuff. Very nice. I currently have Painless panels in both cars and no issues really. Just like the looks of the ARC stuff.

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

you not going to like the changes....

AND boy those floor mats are almost 5lbs each ! ! !

I forgot to answer the questions:

On the race cars we build we use the ARC panels also. I personally like the big switch one but the programable ones are sweet to.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:47 PM

I have an ARC panel..

Works great.

But will be upgrading to Speedwire.

Chris..

Attached picture 6978048-IMG_3830(Large).jpg
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:49 PM

Quote:

I guess there's no street cars in Pa. with swich panels ...Oh yea and that there orange Dart you call a street car has no race car parts on it

Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/21/11 11:58 PM

Arc panel is top notch for the average drag racer with 4 kids house and Hot wife..

Attached picture 6978067-SuperScamp003.JPG
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 01:23 AM

I've used both ARC and Painless.The Painless TO ME has a better feel.The switchs light up different colors.Easier to keep track of what is on or off.The box in the Dart is about 15 years old and never any problems.

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I guess there's no street cars in Pa. with swich panels ...Oh yea and that there orange Dart you call a street car has no race car parts on it

hmmm but we do have a rule about this. Anything you want to call a street car must start with the key, have turnsignals, real bumpers, glass and a radio. Some people have column shifts, bench seats and floor mats to!

(oh wait, not no more!)

Posted By: 65racer

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 02:32 AM

K&R has some nice wiring systems, also
Digital Delay has them also, I am going to
re-do mine soon, and I am leaning toward
the Digital Delay switch deal, they have a
stand alone with the fuses and breakers
mounted in the swutch panel, and you don't
have to have the relay board, to wire
everything to.

Check them out, they are a little more
pricey than the ARC stuff, but I don't
know if they are any better.

Dave
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 02:36 AM

Painless here.

Attached picture 6978371-!cid_001b01cc9c23$d8caf5b0$020492BD@MobileUnit1.jpg

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 02:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hmmm but we do have a rule about this. Anything you want to call a street car must start with the key, have turnsignals, real bumpers, glass and a radio. Some people have column shifts, bench seats and floor mats to!

(oh wait, not no more!)

Dont even think of starting with me....
Being 3550lbs got me no where, all i ever got was wows and ohs and ahs...but hard to race a car that heavy, and especially to try and race lighter cars heads up. Just makes no sense to carry extra 2-300 lbs, even in the index racing, why try to hit a pro tree with that heavy of a car, when all the other cars are prob 2800 ????

DOnt worry, its not going to look that much different

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

(oh wait, not no more!)

Dont even think of starting with me....
Being 3550lbs got me no where, all i ever got was wows and ohs and ahs...but hard to race a car that heavy, and especially to try and race lighter cars heads up. Just makes no sense to carry extra 2-300 lbs, even in the index racing, why try to hit a pro tree with that heavy of a car, when all the other cars are prob 2800 ????

DOnt worry, its not going to look that much different

Relax i'm just messin!

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 03:50 AM

WOW....ARC8000 looks real nice, im liking the underhood option also...Very nice, i watched the vid they have on there site..I like the way it can be programmed.

Oh and Bob, the floor mats probably are staying...

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 03:59 AM

Quote:

WOW....ARC8000 looks real nice, im liking the underhood option also...Very nice, i watched the vid they have on there site..I like the way it can be programmed.

Oh and Bob, the floor mats probably are staying...

the 8000 is sweet BUT i like to be able to reach up and hit switches without having to look at them.

yes keep the mats!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 04:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

(oh wait, not no more!)

I have a ARC swtich panel flush mounted to my dash and I wired a keyed switched up to it also
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 05:17 AM

I purchased a ARC setup.... Over head mounted...
Posted By: 68cuda2003

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 05:45 AM

ARC flat panel just for cool points alone !!!
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 08:47 AM

nother vote for ARC flat pannel.
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 12:06 PM

I went with a TRICK Cable and Switch custom switch panel. They make switch panels to order, you layout the type and function of the switches as well as color of switches and enclosure

TRICK Cable and Switch web site

Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 06:07 PM

I put an ARC flat pannel in my car the year befor last and also had the under hood extra switches.

I replaced it last year with the 3700 because with it mounted overhead on the roll cage, you couldn't see what you were trying to turn on without getting in the the car or sticking you head in and looking. With the big switches I can just reach in and feel what switch is what when bumping over the motor or turning the water/fan off after a run.

But the flat pannel system was sweet, just didn't work for me.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/22/11 10:53 PM

Quote:

I went with a TRICK Cable and Switch custom switch panel. They make switch panels to order, you layout the type and function of the switches as well as color of switches and enclosure

You can also get the switches from www.waytekwire.com and wire it yourself. Not that hard to do.

Attached picture 6979603-gtxswitches.jpg
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/23/11 06:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You can also get the switches from www.waytekwire.com and wire it yourself. Not that hard to do.

I've been using Waytek for my wiring supplies for about 15 years now. Great prices and service, but they are geared a little towards bulk sales - they have a $5 line minimum on most items, which sometimes is a lot more than you need. Del City has a lot of the same items, usually with no minimums.

delcity.net

Attached picture 6980272-J21.jpg
Posted By: racerx

Re: OVERHEAD SWITCH PANEL? ARC PAINLESS?? WHATS GOOD - 12/23/11 01:44 PM

I use the Auto Rod controls panel very simple to wire in i mounted mine were the radio use to go.it uses it 's own fuses............
© 2024 Moparts Forums