Larson's Nova.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:49 AM

Buy a drive train from Larry.

Won't be a Mopar..

Chris..
Posted By: joshking440

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:51 AM

588 twin 88s and B1 PSO heads would do it!
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 05:09 AM

Other than the Dart that I am building now, my next ride will be a pump gas twin turbo Hemi, most likely in a new Challenger body. I will build along the lines of Larsens car, as that car is THE most impressive car on the planet, in my opinion. My goal is to go 6.99, around 200 mph, than put my 3 and 5 year old boys in it, and go for a cruise.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 06:57 AM

What ARE the basics on Larson's car?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 07:04 AM

Quote:

What would have to be done to a 69 Road Runner to run 200mph
in the quarter, and still be 100% streetable? Basically like Larry
Larson's Nova.

Larry's car is nothing more than a tube chassis car
with a pair of turbo's with a license plate... he does
have the lights and all the stuff to make it street
legal... it is a nice car and it is pretty damn quiet
( as he went past us on the E-way at about 80 mph)
Posted By: Big B

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 09:05 AM

Quote:

Other than the Dart that I am building now, my next ride will be a pump gas twin turbo Hemi, most likely in a new Challenger body. I will build along the lines of Larsens car, as that car is THE most impressive car on the planet, in my opinion. My goal is to go 6.99, around 200 mph, than put my 3 and 5 year old boys in it, and go for a cruise.

That's exactly what I have in mind. Was thinking a big inch Predator headed motor with twin 88 pro mod turbos. Similar to the "green machine".
Posted By: Abodyjohn88

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 09:13 AM

quote]That's exactly what I have in mind. Was thinking a big inch Predator headed motor with twin 88 pro mod turbos. Similar to the "green machine".

that should get it done. slap in a powerglide with a gear vendors unit and some steep geers and it should be a piece of cake. . man do i envy all you fellas with the big bucks but than again im only 23 and im sure most of you guys with the b1 and predator motors didnt have that type of setup at my age either.with the exception of a few lol.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 01:08 PM

Quote:

I hope you can do it.

Just don't see it being done with a Mopar power plant..

I guess if you could do the 99Hemi @ Large cubic inches with Turbos, and a Lenco it could be possible. But would it be streetable like Larry's..

Have a great Christmas my friend.

Chris..
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 02:25 PM

lots of cubic inches and lots of boost.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 02:35 PM

It's going to take aproximatly 2000 in a chassis that will harness that much HP plus survive couple thousand miles of street driving. Chassis will have to be custom. As far as body anything that is aerodynamic, my choice would be a Daytona Charger. Package needs to weigh 3000 with driver ready to run. I personally don't know why you could not meet those perimeters with a Mopar.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 02:42 PM

Quote:

It's going to take aproximatly 2000 in a chassis that will harness that much HP plus survive couple thousand miles of street driving. Chassis will have to be custom. As far as body anything that is aerodynamic, my choice would be a Daytona Charger. Package needs to weigh 3000 with driver ready to run. I personally don't know why you could not meet those perimeters with a Mopar.

if one were to block the grill (plexiglass behind it) and add a lower air dam (like those on a 69Z28 would that help with the air flow? Not saying it'd be as good as the nose cone and wing but it should help at those speeds. Or if one wanted to stay w/ a 69 Bee you could go this route...

Attached picture 6977301-12.jpg

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 02:51 PM

Charger 500 would also be cool. I would want a Bbody car for the long wheelbase and the extra room to plumb and package all the hardware.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 03:28 PM

Quote:

quote]That's exactly what I have in mind. Was thinking a big inch Predator headed motor with twin 88 pro mod turbos. Similar to the "green machine".

that should get it done. slap in a powerglide with a gear vendors unit and some steep geers and it should be a piece of cake. . man do i envy all you fellas with the big bucks but than again im only 23 and im sure most of you guys with the b1 and predator motors didnt have that type of setup at my age either.with the exception of a few lol.

a glide and gear vender wont reduce the rpm's like Larson's lenco does. that car cruises very low rpm's

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 03:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

if one were to block the grill (plexiglass behind it) and add a lower air dam (like those on a 69Z28 would that help with the air flow? Not saying it'd be as good as the nose cone and wing but it should help at those speeds. Or if one wanted to stay w/ a 69 Bee you could go this route...

Larry's car is not what you call aerodynamic... its
a nova which isnt much different than a dart/valiant

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 03:52 PM

I don't know if a powerglide would hold up to the 2000 HP but with a 3.23 gear and a 32" tall tire you would be turning 2500 at 73.71 mph. The 3.23 gear will put the car through the lights at 6800+ rpm. That would be with no overdrive. Just some food for thought.

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:04 PM

You are right Mr. P but if you are going to make a serious effort in a classic Mopar why not start with something that has a track record of running around 200 mph. Might save some headaches in the long run.

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:08 PM

Quote:

You are right Mr. P but if you are going to make a serious effort in a classic Mopar why not start with something that has a track record of running around 200 mph. Might save some headaches in the long run.

Very true... all I was saying is that Larry's car
is not a areo type car... yes its like pushing a
wall at those speeds so areo does help
Posted By: joshking440

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:09 PM

Larry's engine isnt all that street able guys. He just does it and doesn't worry about consequences.

Roller lifters cam sprigs that's all destroyed during drag week. It's quiet because of the turbos and mufflers and turbo cams aren't huge on the duration side. The car still has high 700s lift at a minimum.

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:13 PM

I think the Daytona would be faster due to the aero and most definitely safer. Besides that the cool factor would be off the chart.

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:20 PM

Quote:

I think the Daytona would be faster due to the aero and most definitely safer. Besides that the cool factor would be off the chart.

Myself, I'm into the smaller cars... would love to see
it done with the G body Daytona... just have to be
efficient with the packaging... plus it could use the
extended body for a longer wheel base
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: 200mph street/strip - 12/21/11 04:54 PM

Quote:

I don't know if a powerglide would hold up to the 2000 HP but with a 3.23 gear and a 32" tall tire you would be turning 2500 at 73.71 mph. The 3.23 gear will put the car through the lights at 6800+ rpm. That would be with no overdrive. Just some food for thought.

There are 'glides out there that will handle 2000 HP easy, Mike's Ultimate Glide series is just one vendor.

Larson's Nova is, plain and simple BADDD-Azzzzz!! Not just for his drag week exploits. How about a guy DRIVING his car to an NHRA National Event and qualifying for COMP eliminator...and then driving it home!!
Unreal...
© 2024 Moparts Forums