Moparts

Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss

Posted By: joshking440

Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 02:50 PM

Judging from what I'm reading there are some pro-mod NSS cars that want to run heads up.
I'm game we just have to put some rules together that are simple to make it work
All makes or just mopar?
Heads up pro tree
Any tire or just 10.5s?
Transbrake?
Do we let the b bodies through 69 and e bodies through 71 race?
Loosen up the carb rule?
Keep the period correct hood scoop?
500 CID and smaller 2900lbs?
Over 500 3200?
Do we just set a minimum weight and thats it?
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 03:01 PM

HIDDEN NITROUS ?

OR IS THAT TOO EASY
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 03:45 PM

The way I'd like to see it:

All Makes
10.5s only (w's ok)
Multiple Carburetors (no Dominators)
3,000 lbs. min. weight
Obviously N/A
period hoodscoops
Engine style must match year of car.
No pony cars (Mustangs, Camaros, post '68 Cudas/use body styles accepted by majority of NSS groups)
NSS interior rules

Basically accepted NSS rules with min. weight, 10.5's, trans brake/two steps,and a pro tree.

Keep it simple.
Posted By: NoJoke

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 03:46 PM

Quote:

HIDDEN NITROUS ?

OR IS THAT TOO EASY

Tony you want to win 2 classes leave something for us slower guys..

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 03:48 PM

Quote:

All Makes
10.5s only (w's ok)
3,000 lbs. min. weight
Obviously N/A
period hoodscoops
No pony cars (Mustangs, Camaros, post '68 Cudas/use body styles accepted by majority of NSS groups)
NSS interior rules

Basically accepted NSS rules with min. weight, 10.5's, trans brake/two steps,and a pro tree.

Keep it simple.

I like but the tires should be any size since NSS has a restriction...
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 03:56 PM

No joke should Josh come by your house look at your car and make a list so he can get the rules right. Beings the rules are getting made now and the cars are already built, everyone's car is not going to be an exact fit.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:01 PM

This is my reason for the 10.5 tire rule. From the outside the cars should look close to the way the were in the early to mid-60's. I know most run modern wheels, wheelie bars, etc. but the smaller tire lends itself to a more nostalgic apperance in my opinion. The smaller tire also adds another element to the challenge of getting a fast car down the track.

To be honest I'd like to keep it stock style suspension and real 10.5s but I know that would eliminate many current cars. 10.5w's are a plenty big tire.
Posted By: 572_HEMI_Cuda

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:02 PM

make the rules so my car fits. lol...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:04 PM

I like the idea of opening up the tire rule from the standpoint there a lot of SS Hemi cars that would fit right in.
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:15 PM

Does anyone remember the NSCA Pro Nostalgia class? Might be a good start plus there could be a few cars out there still that were built for it, used to be alot of fun to watch...I remember the Old Reliable Impala, Fountain of Youth Fairlane, Booze brothers Pale Rider...was lots of cool cars in that class over the years and the racing was close. Thats if the Mopar guys aint afraid of some stiff competition

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:37 PM

Quote:

I like the idea of opening up the tire rule from the standpoint there a lot of SS Hemi cars that would fit right in.

Josh once you let the ss/ah cars in how are you going to level the playing field for the rest of the racers?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 04:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Josh once you let the ss/ah cars in how are you going to level the playing field for the rest of the racers?

I agree. Don't the SS/AH cars already have their own shootouts? If the SS/AH cars want to play let them run the smaller tire.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:00 PM

Would any AH car that would show up be real threat?

Sure there are a few that run faster than 8.50s but not that many

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:07 PM

Quote:

No joke should Josh come by your house look at your car and make a list so he can get the rules right. Beings the rules are getting made now and the cars are already built, everyone's car is not going to be an exact fit.

You think Im the only one with a big tire under the car? NSS already has a rule for 10.5w why not run a big tire in this outlaw class he wants to start... There are plenty more cars that would enter I bet...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:09 PM

Quote:

Would any AH car that would show up be real threat?

Sure there are a few that run faster than 8.50s but not that many

I bet a few would show up...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:09 PM

How fast will they go at 500-572 inches? You want to tech for cubic inches? It's a Pro's versus Joe's and the pros can use steroids if they want to build another engine.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:26 PM

JOSH NO prob, i will run ANY SS/AH car.....

i will come on a 295 radial, and tractor trialer any of them

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 05:27 PM

NoJoke I don't think you are the only one with a big tire. But every post that comes up about tire size you are the first one there to lobby for the bigger tire and it just so happen to be the set up on your car. I am not trying to be rude or an a$$ that is just me on the outside looking in.

The 14x32 tire opens a can of worms you might not want opened.
Posted By: 64_Plymouth

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 06:34 PM

In my opinion...keep the tire rule at a 10.5W max...there is no reason to run a 14x32...work on your chassis set up if you can't make a 10.5W tire hook.

Like an earlier post said, keep the NSS rules of interior/exterior but let's do a Cubic Inch to weight type rule to level the playing field. In my opinion, the NSCA Pro Nostalgia class rules got a little overboard at the end but there were only a few players so the rules were written to accomodate them. If this new class keeps it simple (cubic inch to weight) for Wedge style and Hemi style engines, the class should stick around and have decent car counts.

Just my opinion...as I'm rebuilding my car now and looking for a heads up class to race...as of now, the only option I really have is NMCA pro stock where I'd have to race late model mustangs with Big Block Chevy's.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 06:40 PM

im in. 10.5 w tires. lets face it look how fast people are going on small tires. if the big tired cars want to play throw some 33x10.5s on. I know of 2 hemi ss cars that did that this year with no problem.

i like the weight to cubic inch limit. dont limit ci though..

Casey

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 06:43 PM

Quote:

JOSH NO prob, i will run ANY SS/AH car.....

i will come on a 295 radial, and tractor trialer any of them

There you go Pro vs Joe only Joe gets to use steroids, that might work Tony.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 06:46 PM

Quote:

NoJoke I don't think you are the only one with a big tire. But every post that comes up about tire size you are the first one there to lobby for the bigger tire and it just so happen to be the set up on your car. I am not trying to be rude or an a$$ that is just me on the outside looking in.

The 14x32 tire opens a can of worms you might not want opened.

I have no problem running a 10.5w tire I have to redo a whole new rear and I didnt plan on doing that... My rear is way to narrow im going to try my friends 16" wide wheels with 10.5w on there I dont think its going to fly...
Posted By: 64_Plymouth

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 06:58 PM

I agree, don't limit the cubic inch...just add weight. This would allow all the current big cubic inch guys to keep their current combo...just might have to weigh 4000 lbs

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 07:08 PM

Nojoke are you just worried about the looks?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 07:50 PM

Quote:

No not the looks the front tires with be 8" passed the rear tire side wall... I dont think its safe.. Hey no biggie I wont be going that fast anyway... What was the tire size in Pro Nost anyway? Did they run 10.5 also?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 08:31 PM

P/N ran 10.5ws @ base weight with a weight penalty for bigger tires. Most cars stuck with the 10.5w.

I'm pretty sure the class started with 10.5w only and later they allowed the big tires with the penalty.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 11:02 PM

Anyone have a lead on a good sponsor.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 11:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No not the looks the front tires with be 8" passed the rear tire side wall... I dont think its safe.. Hey no biggie I wont be going that fast anyway... What was the tire size in Pro Nost anyway? Did they run 10.5 also?

A 15x15 with the right offset and a 10.5Wx15x33 ought to do the trick.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 11:20 PM

I see what your saying Nojoke. I know you can get a 10.5w on a 16x16. That shouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/20/11 11:20 PM

Quote:

Anyone have a lead on a good sponsor.

Well I have been working on a sponsor for my race team. It's been tough just to get the contact information and a foot in the door. but it's in the works. Stay tuned..
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 01:03 AM

Quote:

All Makes
10.5s only (w's ok)
3,000 lbs. min. weight
Obviously N/A
period hoodscoops
NSS interior rules

Keep it simple.

Should be a multi carb class. If it came from the factory with Multi carbs it's legal. And if it's OUTLAW SS, no weight limit, as long as the car doesn't look like a gutted bracket car.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 01:07 AM

To all,,I think, it was 'stuff' like this, several years ago, that they came up with "BRACKET RACING"...
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 01:41 AM

no really good way to put something together, way to many combos, power adders, weight, tires, oo my
might be able to put 10 - 15 cars together and have match races
nah stick with the bracket racing easier on the brain
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 02:17 AM

if its an OUTLAW class then why try an keep it like a nss class? why not set a minimum wieght can run a single or multi carb set up, same interior rules apply as nss they can already run any cubic inch motor they want trans brake fine im not sure the tire size would really be that big of factor.if you want a bigger car count i wouldnt limit the tire size
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 05:30 AM

And if it's an OUTLAW class you should amend the rules to allow Dusters. Blue ones at least... NOT Green..... that would be ridiculous.......
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 01:57 PM

Quote:

I have no problem running a 10.5w tire I have to redo a whole new rear and I didnt plan on doing that... My rear is way to narrow im going to try my friends 16" wide wheels with 10.5w on there I dont think its going to fly...

Didn't blown572dart run 10.5's for some races. If he can with his monster motor, i think anybody could... (insert fire joke here )
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 04:36 PM

Quote:

I see what your saying Nojoke. I know you can get a 10.5w on a 16x16. That shouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think

I am told this can be done, most of the outlaw 10.5 guys do this, but you need to be beadlocked if you go wider then 15 inch's.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I am told this can be done, most of the outlaw 10.5 guys do this, but you need to be beadlocked if you go wider then 15 inch's.

Yep thats what they said double bead lock more weight...lol.. I have friend that run Nitrous Outlaw goes 6'teens on them...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/21/11 07:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep thats what they said double bead lock more weight...lol.. I have friend that run Nitrous Outlaw goes 6'teens on them...

I run a 10.5 tire on 16 x 16 dbl beadlok 3.5" bs. I'm not as fast as outlaw 10.5 guys but the car looks better as the car was built for a big tire.
This pic is with the 10.5 tire.

Attached picture 6977660-DSCN0601.JPG
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:07 AM

As a NSS racer I have to step in here with my observations. There is a NSS Class with rules with certain year and body styles permitted following the NMCA. It is my opinion that "if" you wanted to run an OUTLAW NSS class that the same rules apply for the year and body styles permitted but as an OUTLAW class open up the rules per tires, carbs intakes and whatever (dare I say n2o but whats the point). However with that said no one has said will this be a straight heads up class? Thats the only way to go because if it's on an index you would just have a 12 sec car with big tires run OUTLAW class and if it's a dial in then it's just another bracket race. Seems to be alot of interest in running NSS and if so build you car for the class instead of changing the current rules for a class to fit your car.

Carry on

Russ

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:18 AM

I say its a heads up class or its a no go.... I also say let in the big tires.....

Really as long as it "looks" like a nss car from the body/hood scoop, all the other rules are out the window....

I will use SSRs black car as an example...It would be a perfect fit for outlaw nss..... Looks like a NSS car but has all the necessary upgrades to go Real fast......

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:22 AM

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:32 AM

Quote:

Hey I got Big Tires.. I could put 10.5w and run what I brung. Lets have fun and go heads up Pro tree..

Attached picture 6978491-lily011.JPG

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:56 AM

Josh going to let the Scamps with big tires run in NSS?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 04:40 AM

Quote:

I say its a heads up class or its a no go.... I also say let in the big tires.....

Really as long as it "looks" like a nss car from the body/hood scoop, all the other rules are out the window....

I will use SSRs black car as an example...It would be a perfect fit for outlaw nss..... Looks like a NSS car but has all the necessary upgrades to go Real fast......

Are you SSR ?? or did you just let him use your password to get on here and post that??? Or is he on the phone telling you what to type???

AHHH AHHH HA HA HA HA HA...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 05:01 AM

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 05:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I run a 10.5 tire on 16 x 16 dbl beadlok 3.5" bs. I'm not as fast as outlaw 10.5 guys but the car looks better as the car was built for a big tire.

Thats it thats what Im buying 3" or 3 1/2" BS then im good to go... Those are 10.5w x33 on there?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 05:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Are you SSR ?? or did you just let him use your password to get on here and post that??? Or is he on the phone telling you what to type???

AHHH AHHH HA HA HA HA HA...

Josh,your lookin like a knutswinger
Any post or thread referring to the BANNED ONE should go

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 05:13 AM

Quote:

Horrible Example!!!!!I agree heads up NA!!! But SSR's hood scoop i dont know.... How about weight like you said 500ci 2800 over 500ci 3200?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 12:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thats it thats what Im buying 3" or 3 1/2" BS then im good to go... Those are 10.5w x33 on there?

Yes, 10.5 x 33 x 16 there is no "W" anywhere on the tire.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 02:49 PM

Josh,your lookin like a knutswinger
Any post or thread referring to the BANNED ONE should go

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

Hemitis I told you in no uncertain terms to keep your antimocity with Ssr at the door if you wanted to post in threads that had to do with my race.

Look guy, we get it. You don't like Chris. Thats fine. Don't like him. But grow up and shut up about it already. To have posted this childish shitt 10000000 times. The world sees that you don't like him.

I will use whatever's and whoevers stuff I wont to use for an example regardless if they are allowed to post here or not. If you in particular don't like it, I don't care. But as someone who doesn't have a issue with anyone. Reading your posts like this make you look like an a$$

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 02:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Horrible Example!!!!!I agree heads up NA!!! But SSR's hood scoop i dont know.... How about weight like you said 500ci 2800 over 500ci 3200?

I'm not sure about this from the stand point of havin to pump down a motor to check it for legality. I don't think doin it on the honor system will be a good idea.

And Ssr'a scoop is perfect for outlaw. It looks like it belongs but it's taller.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:14 PM

Josh it's your show, do what you feel is right. I just feel it would be a mistake to let the big tires in. The big tire guys have a choice they can move back to a 10.5 X 33. The cars that are set up for a small 10.5 will be at a disadvantage and no way to fix it without major surgery on the cars.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 03:58 PM

Quote:

Never mind he went by SSR house and looked at his black car.

Wonder what a 500" SS/AH car with 950 carbs will run.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 04:00 PM

Let's gather around the campfire and have Steve Reasbeck lead us in a chorus of" Kumbi Ya".
I would never call Josh a "Nutswinger",he has trouble dragging his own in a sack that hits the ground now.Call it short legs or what ever,we can always put him up on two milk cartons and he can let them bad boys swing.
To use anyone for an example is just that and example.There is no need to go ballistic because we all heard the bad blood stories,let it die. Life is short.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 04:08 PM

If you are looking for a bar fight just call it Outlaw Muscle Car. 62-72 cars only, one power adder run what you brung and hope it's enough. Normally aspired run at a lesser weight.

Sorry about the SSR deal I couldn't resist.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 04:30 PM

Well anyone who SHOWED UP to my race knows I'm no nut swinger. So with that thanks Bob for helping clarify.

Those who DIDN'T show up to the race are excused for not understanding.

Dannysbee, I already have a run what you bring type of class with the extreme 10.5 class. Only rule is make weight and run a 315 or tt5 power adders are ok

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 04:44 PM

Quote:

If you are looking for a bar fight just call it Outlaw Muscle Car. 62-72 cars only, one power adder run what you brung and hope it's enough. Normally aspired run at a lesser weight.

LET IN A 1973 AND ITS ON

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 05:11 PM

Quote:

Well anyone who SHOWED UP to my race knows I'm no nut swinger. So with that thanks Bob for helping clarify.

Those who DIDN'T show up to the race are excused for not understanding.

Dannysbee, I already have a run what you bring type of class with the extreme 10.5 class. Only rule is make weight and run a 315 or tt5 power adders are ok

Josh I know you have the Extreme class, I just presumed looking at the direction you seem to be leaning to you are looking for a class for big tire cars, I know ya'll don't want them running running with the small tire and radial guys.

The NSS guys also have a class to run in, they are used to running on a index.

The only people that don't seem to have a fit are the big tire heads up guys.

My car will run NSS. I can cut a light, indexes are fine by me.
Posted By: actionange

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 09:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LET IN A 1973 AND ITS ON

Tony-
Change your hood and grille...nobody will notice LOL
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/22/11 11:39 PM

Quote:

If you are looking for a bar fight just call it Outlaw Muscle Car. 62-72 cars only, one power adder run what you brung and hope it's enough. Normally aspirated run at a lesser weight.

Sounds good. Keep NSS out of the name.

Dennis

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 12:18 AM

Sounds like some of you guys are trying to recreate the KOS class instead of a heads up NSS class. (N2O, non-NSS bodystyles etc.) KOS worked out well didn't it... Have fun but don't count on the fast NSS cars to race with slow O/L 10.5 and big tire cars....

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 12:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Who is running a 500" SS/AH with 950 carbs?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 12:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure about this from the stand point of havin to pump down a motor to check it for legality. I don't think doin it on the honor system will be a good idea.

And Ssr'a scoop is perfect for outlaw. It looks like it belongs but it's taller.

Josh this is your race you set the rules I can't run outlaw anyway my car will not be going that fast anyway.. But you never know I might have to thrown in a different bullet in it I will to run outlaw.... I'm sure what ever you do its going to be a great race... I'm looking forward to being there and meeting everyone... Now if I can find to hotties to sell the cannolis that will be killer...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 12:36 AM

Quote:

What car do you run...?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:02 AM

Nojoke I have a 63 Plymouth post. It will not be fast enough to run with the big boys. I was just pushing for no big tires to keep the SS/AH cars out and to keep an even keel for the guys that used to run The Pro NSS class. I think most of their responses will be about the same as Troublemakers.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:20 AM

Quote:

Nojoke I have a 63 Plymouth post. It will not be fast enough to run with the big boys. I was just pushing for no big tires to keep the SS/AH cars out and to keep an even keel for the guys that used to run The Pro NSS class. I think most of their responses will be about the same as Troublemakers.

You don't have to worry about SS/AH guys showing up.At one time in the old Chrysler Classic series, it was paying out $2000 to win for each race, and we never had any of those guys show. They won't start those things for less than $5000.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who is running a 500" SS/AH with 950 carbs? [/quo

It just is going back to one of my other posts. If sheet metal intakes and a 14x32 tire were legal and ya'll got you a little series going with 5 or 6 races and a fairly good purse. What would keep a SS/AH guy from building a 500" engine and using 950 carbs and gathering up all the marbles at every race. They already go 8.50's and quicker how fast would one be with another 60" and bigger carbs?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:22 AM

I see this as Josh's race he sets the rules you cant make everyone happy....

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:28 AM

Lets all try to get back on track girls....

We are proposing an 8 or 16 car field heads up for NSS APPEARING cars

Allow the big tire, transbrake, and dont worry about whats under the hood as long as there is no power adder.....

The more and more I read the ore I think we could call this a East Vs. MIDwest shootout!
Posted By: MIKECS

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:42 AM

I JUST WANT TO RUN MY GOOD FRIEND SSR IN A HEADS UP RACE.

Attached picture 6979980-Picture002.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:56 AM

Quote:

I will shut the clocks off and let you run whoever you want Mike! Maybe Friday Night after all the racing is over, we will let things slow down and then come back for a little grudge racing action!!
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 03:22 AM

Quote:

why do you need a power adder not all nss engines are made to or can spray. my take is run n/a #3400 heads up.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 03:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You don't have to worry about SS/AH guys showing up.At one time in the old Chrysler Classic series, it was paying out $2000 to win for each race, and we never had any of those guys show. They won't start those things for less than $5000.

hey don merry xmas.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 11:16 AM

Just post the rules josh. Let's see who has what it takes to be the fastest...

Casey

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 02:45 PM

Quote:

Just post the rules josh. Let's see who has what it takes to be the fastest...

Casey

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 03:01 PM

Well with all the classes that are there now, hard to imagine adding more?
Biggest thing is to keep adding to the payouts, bigger payouts, more cars you will get into the gates, more cars more spectators,more money,
If you want to make more exciting, bring your cars, and your "A" game!
nothing better than abunch of mopars running for the bragging rights of the best of the best in the midwest, no matter what size tire or combo you have , bring it

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 05:46 PM

Quote:

Well with all the classes that are there now, hard to imagine adding more?
Biggest thing is to keep adding to the payouts, bigger payouts, more cars you will get into the gates, more cars more spectators,more money,
If you want to make more exciting, bring your cars, and your "A" game!
nothing better than abunch of mopars running for the bragging rights of the best of the best in the midwest, no matter what size tire or combo you have , bring it

You no that within the the forms I read and all the smack talk between East/West /Mid West/South Mopars. Like you said bring it,unload it, and get in line.. We all have bragging rights within our own Race Team. Lets Race
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 07:43 PM

Quote:

I have no dog in this fight, but SSR's scoop is the ugliest, most grossly over exaggerated, bloated and out of context abortion I've ever seen When it had the 5" scoop on it when Chuck ran it it looked ok. But this thing that's on it now is outrageous.
Posted By: larry890

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 08:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I will shut the clocks off and let you run whoever you want Mike! Maybe Friday Night after all the racing is over, we will let things slow down and then come back for a little grudge racing action!!

I love the sound of this grudge race thing, I am definatlly up for that.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 09:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have no dog in this fight, but SSR's scoop is the ugliest, most grossly over exaggerated, bloated and out of context abortion I've ever seen When it had the 5" scoop on it when Chuck ran it it looked ok. But this thing that's on it now is outrageous.

so mark, im guessing the cans of the side of my pete wont look good?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/23/11 11:22 PM

The slightly larger Hemi and Maxi scoops look fine. The huge exaggerated ones look like a hogs ass sewed up with grapevine.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 01:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SET IT UP I WILL BE THERE.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY

PS: ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS MY SSR.

Attached picture 6981495-IMG_0001.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:22 AM

Well if I wrote the NSS rules you would be able to run a Cowl Induction Hood if you wanted to.... go ahead, I will take my verbal beating like a man.

Now if all you girls that are making this into a hood scoop fashion show dont show up....there will be some serious verbal abuse from yours truly.

MikeCS..... you be there and I will get take care of the clocks. SSR has told me with out question that he will be at my races.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:28 AM

Quote:

Well if I wrote the NSS rules you would be able to run a Cowl Induction Hood if you wanted to.... go ahead, I will take my verbal beating like a man.

Now if all you girls that are making this into a hood scoop fashion show dont show up....there will be some serious verbal abuse from yours truly.

MikeCS..... you be there and I will get take care of the clocks. SSR has told me with out question that he will be at my races.

thats funny the top of page 2 you say nss body and scoop. now im not a girl and i can take anything you throw at me so fire away.but if you are gonna make rules then just have 1 set.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SET IT UP I WILL BE THERE.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY

PS: ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS MY SSR.

Hey ,I thought My 63 "light weight prototype" grill was under patent.
Doug

Attached picture 6981607-63dodge.jpg
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:51 AM

Make the rules Josh and they will come. lets see all the big talk from these guys, Who cares about hood scoops sizes or what size tires if you have a fast mopar just show up for the show and lets have some fun!!!!!!!

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:53 AM

Quote:

Make the rules Josh and they will come. lets see all the big talk from these guys, Who cares about hood scoops sizes or what size tires if you have a fast mopar just show up for the show and lets have some fun!!!!!!!

ill show as long as my car is done. im just saying dont flip flop the sh!t.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 02:56 AM

I was just havin some fun girls....
I havent flip flopped......yet........ we are just throwing ideas around talkin a little s hit

No harm no foul beachez

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 03:01 AM

Quote:

I was just havin some fun girls....
I havent flip flopped......yet........ we are just throwing ideas around talkin a little s hit

No harm no foul beachez

well come up with something hero.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 03:27 AM

Why are yo so salty there William John
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 04:22 AM

WOW...All this from just wanting to run big tires & a transbrake !!!!

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 04:38 AM

Quote:

Why are yo so salty there William John

not salty just wanna know whats gonna happen. shouldnt be that hard to do should it?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 04:49 AM

you peaked my intrest with this heads up class and im not the fastest but i wouldnt mind competing.i dont care about tire size or transbrakes. im more interested in min weight and n/a engines. oh ya i wonder why i wasnt called salty when i bought your 1st ticket to your event.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 03:01 PM

Oh I rememebr you being the first person to pre register...dont you worry about that.

This class will be NA only, no question about that.

Im doing a little research to see if I can make the class far with weight breaks...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 04:04 PM

You might want to contact Tony DePillo and talk to him about the old NSCA Pro Nostalgia days. He might have something to contribute.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 04:29 PM

Quote:

Oh I rememebr you being the first person to pre register...dont you worry about that.

This class will be NA only, no question about that.

Im doing a little research to see if I can make the class far with weight breaks...

being the fastest is good bragging rights no doubt,but lets do it on a level playing field as far as im concerned nss racing is the best. maybe because im older than my car lol.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 05:13 PM

So since we are talking rules what about allowing us new Hemi guys in..Heck I'm sure I have everyone covered weight wise, only run a True 10.5" tire and my engine is only 499 cubes...Come on open it up if were gonna open it up

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 05:17 PM

Al according to the rules they have right now I believe your silver Barracuda would be a go.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 05:47 PM

well I can run a 33 18.5 tire or a 32.14 w but look plum silly with a 32.10.5 might only run high 9 so I'm out no matter

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/24/11 10:15 PM

Quote:

So since we are talking rules what about allowing us new Hemi guys in..Heck I'm sure I have everyone covered weight wise, only run a True 10.5" tire and my engine is only 499 cubes...Come on open it up if were gonna open it up

Just come run the extreme 10.5 class.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 01:25 AM

Quote:

Josh after reading the racist post he put on YB he might committing suicide and not making any races.... Wow
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Josh after reading the racist post he put on YB he might committing suicide and not making any races.... Wow

Saw the post over on the other board...WOW... can't belive anyone would act in that manner

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saw the post over on the other board...WOW... can't belive anyone would act in that manner

witch thread?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 03:08 AM

found it holeeeeee smokeeeee.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 04:09 AM

Ok so my phone is blowing up about this and I have to say that thread over there smells a little fishy to me.

I know Chris is does some silly silly silly Silly sh!t but I'm not sure I'm buying that thread.

Am I the only one or am I just nieve
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 05:41 AM

That is one messed up thread!

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 07:12 AM

Quote:

Ok so my phone is blowing up about this and I have to say that thread over there smells a little fishy to me.

I know Chris is does some silly silly silly Silly sh!t but I'm not sure I'm buying that thread.

Am I the only one or am I just nieve

What do you not buy? That he didnt post it?
Josh you really need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend not the fish... Im glad you can say hes your friend because he sure as hell isnt mine THANK GOD!!!!!!! The best is they attached it to his business profile link on google search... LOL the power of the internet.... CAN ANYONE SAY KARMA? MERRY XMAS EVERYONE....

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 07:28 AM

I think he might have to check him self into the Witness Protection...Wow did he piss off a lot of people...

Anyway I think you might want to can him from a grudge race I dont think he will be coming...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 07:55 AM

Quote:

I think he might have to check him self into the Witness Protection...Wow did he piss off a lot of people...

Anyway I think you might want to can him from a grudge race I dont think he will be coming...

Still can't belive anyone would post something like that. He really upset a bunch of people. A real shame that kind of mindset still exists..

On a better note!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

poppaj

Attached picture 6983544-b1combo.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 08:09 AM

He did mention my JEWISH heritage,but forgot to wish me a HAPPY HANUKA

He said he was waiting for the Karma,he didn't have to wait for long
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:04 PM

That was the most ignorant and stupid post I've seen posted.If Chris posted it I have lost a lot if not all respect for him.If someone else posted it, they should be found out and delt with severely.
Everything is fun and games untill someone gets hurt or pissed off.To Chris or to others,this crap just has to stop.Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath,call each other azz holes under their breath and move on.
We don't need this garbage here or anywhere else.We have a bunch of "seemingly"good guys and their wallowing in a hogpen and getting covered in mud and hogshtz.Climb out of the pen,wash yourselves off and move on before everyone chokes on the mud and poo.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:05 PM

Heads up NSS anyone?? If you want to talk about that goof how about starting another thread? Don't let him ruin this interesting discussion.....

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:44 PM

Quote:

Heads up NSS anyone?? If you want to talk about that goof how about starting another thread? Don't let him ruin this interesting discussion.....

ya heads up even weight,big tires or littl tires,transbrake no problem. lets race. oh ya merry christmas everyone.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 02:48 PM

what year of cars are we talking about Josh? 50-75 or 62-71,60-69??

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 03:37 PM

Quote:

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE

Well if you are wanting a TRUE OUTLAW NSS class you should also follow the TRUE NSS rules for the year and body styles allowed

• AMC AMX: 1968 – 1969; 390
• Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1959-64; 348 & 409s, Z11 427
• Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1965-67; 396-454
• Chevrolet Chevelle: 1964 – 1967; 396-454
• Pontiac Full Bodied: 1959-67; 389-455
• Tempest/GTO: 1961-67; 389-455
• Ford Full Bodied: 1959-67; 390-427
• Ford Thunderbolt: 1964; 427
• Fairlane/Comet/Cyclone/Falcon: 1963-67; 390, 427
• Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1960-67; 383-440 wedge
• Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1964-67; Hemi
• Buick Full Bodied: 1960-67; 401-455
• Skylark GS: 1964-67; 400-401-455
• Chevelle: 1964-67; 396-454
• Oldsmobile Full Bodied: 1960-67; 394-400-455
• Cutlass/442: 1964-67; 400-455
• Dart/Barracuda: 1967-69; 383-440
• Dart/Barracuda: 1968; 426 Hemi

Russ

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ya heads up even weight,big tires or littl tires,transbrake no problem. lets race. oh ya merry christmas everyone.

X2

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/25/11 07:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X2

X 1000,don't include in any threads here,ther's more than enough cars to race,goof loves the attention he's still getting here.There are many guys here on Long Island talking about going to this Race.If I don't drag my junk out I may still take the ride with some racing friends.It's a 12 to 15 hour haul.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE

Well if you are wanting a TRUE OUTLAW NSS class you should also follow the TRUE NSS rules for the year and body styles allowed

• AMC AMX: 1968 – 1969; 390
• Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1959-64; 348 & 409s, Z11 427
• Chevrolet Full Bodied: 1965-67; 396-454
• Chevrolet Chevelle: 1964 – 1967; 396-454
• Pontiac Full Bodied: 1959-67; 389-455
• Tempest/GTO: 1961-67; 389-455
• Ford Full Bodied: 1959-67; 390-427
• Ford Thunderbolt: 1964; 427
• Fairlane/Comet/Cyclone/Falcon: 1963-67; 390, 427
• Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1960-67; 383-440 wedge
• Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1964-67; Hemi
• Buick Full Bodied: 1960-67; 401-455
• Skylark GS: 1964-67; 400-401-455
• Chevelle: 1964-67; 396-454
• Oldsmobile Full Bodied: 1960-67; 394-400-455
• Cutlass/442: 1964-67; 400-455
• Dart/Barracuda: 1967-69; 383-440
• Dart/Barracuda: 1968; 426 Hemi

Russ

I agree with this. NSS body styles only along with NSS engine styles only. Multiple Carbs are a must also. No Dominators.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 03:20 PM

i can see the body style rules but theres plenty of cars that dont have multi carbs and have say a hemi in a say 62 dodge and they would like to try the class but if you go buy nss rules they cant then its just a nss class period only difference is big tires and a trans brake. might as well just put a 10.5 tire and foot brake the car and run nss whats the point in saying its an outlaw class is there? what difference does it make what motor is in it? with the hood closedyou cant tell lol

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 03:41 PM

Quote:

i can see the body style rules but theres plenty of cars that dont have multi carbs and have say a hemi in a say 62 dodge and they would like to try the class but if you go buy nss rules they cant then its just a nss class period only difference is big tires and a trans brake. might as well just put a 10.5 tire and foot brake the car and run nss whats the point in saying its an outlaw class is there? what difference does it make what motor is in it? with the hood closedyou cant tell lol

I AGREE IF YOUR GOING TO CALL IT AN OUTLAW CLASS THAN WHY FOLLOW THE NSS RULES. ITS AN OUTLAW CLASS GET IT OUTLAW CLASS.

63 DODGE POLARA WITH HEMI.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 03:50 PM

Here is what I have so far as rules

Body/scoop correct for super stock era racing including 70/71 e bodies
All makes and models
Any tire
Any engine as long as the brands match. (No mopar motors in your galaxy)
Any carb set up
Transbrake ok
Under 500cid 3000
Above 500cid 3300
The spirit of this class will be Nss appearing cars from the spectators
point of view.
Over the line burn outs required
Wheelstands required
400 pro tree
Posted By: Spyphish

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:00 PM

WOOOO DOGGIEEEEE You just mat have created an 500inch AH car with twin 950's. When is this race?

Since my car is now a stick, we could put Al Alguire in it. Call it "Wierd Al Yank-a-stick" LOL Just haveing fun Al. Still need a 68 grille set. Stephen

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:14 PM

Quote:

All makes and models
Any tire
Any carb set up
Transbrake ok
Under 500cid 2800
Above 500cid 3100
point of view.
Wheelstands required
400 pro tree

kinda hard to make weight but id do it im #300 heavy b bodies are tanks lol.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:17 PM

Would it make more sense if the weights were 3000 and 3300
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:19 PM

no...LOL

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:22 PM

im not sure the ah guys can make weight without ballast. add abot #200 to each class then it will be good.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:30 PM

I can make 3k easy. 2800 would take some work.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:43 PM

the heavier the better

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:55 PM

Quote:

Would it make more sense if the weights were 3000 and 3300

not more sence more realistic,those ar good weights not that hard for everyone to make.sounds like the loosiany guys are gonna bring mudbugs when they come up.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:56 PM

Quote:

I can make 3k easy. 2800 would take some work.

Stephen your car should really haul the mail with 500" and two 950's. I really thought it would have been that SS/AH guy with the huge ego and inflated self esteem that would crash the party. Can't think of his name to save my life.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 04:57 PM

Quote:

im not sure the ah guys can make weight without ballast. add abot #200 to each class then it will be good.

sorry cant type today i meant with their ballast taken out.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:04 PM

I adjusted them. Do we need any other rules???? I don't see the need

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:07 PM

"SS/AH guy with the huge ego and inflated self esteem that would crash the party."

Class requirement. AH? Just kidding. I would like to run this class while I still can. A little seat time needed. When and where?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:22 PM

Quote:

"SS/AH guy with the huge ego and inflated self esteem that would crash the party."

Class requirement. AH? Just kidding. I would like to run this class while I still can. A little seat time needed. When and where?

Stephen looks like the rules are made for you guys. Good luck! You get that spare "Big" engine built it ought to be like taking candy from a baby. Josh should be able to help you with dates and tracks. Wish I could remember that guy's name, his car is painted like a Holstein.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:42 PM

Tell ya what how about a non NSS style hood rule. I suppose if I manke that 68 SS scoop about 11" tall it would fit. Not very NSS looking but it woudl fit the rule right Heck put a 100lbs on the cars for it. Im already at 3400lbs and under 500 cubes anyway

Stephen I'm ready when you have the car done

Stephen one other thing I have always wondered. Why dont you SS guys have bigger motors built to test with? I know most every Pro Stock team uses biger engines to test with that make the same power numbers and are easier on parts. Never understood why you all dont do that to get the chassis all sorted out with. Just curious and WAY off topic.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:45 PM

Quote:

I adjusted them. Do we need any other rules???? I don't see the need

the only other thing that i see is how to police the cubic inch i know my 438 is well within the limits.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Stephen looks like the rules are made for you guys. Good luck! You get that spare "Big" engine built it ought to be like taking candy from a baby. Josh should be able to help you with dates and tracks. Wish I could remember that guy's name, his car is painted like a Holstein.

If any of the SS/AH millionaires gets a wild hair they're gonna kill the class immediately. The rules are tailer made for them to dominate.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If any of the SS/AH millionaires gets a wild hair they're gonna kill the class immediately. The rules are tailer made for them to dominate.

wasnt that farmers car? or maybe dailys car?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 05:58 PM

70-71 e-bodies aren't NSS type cars. Never have been, never will be. You might as well allow big block 67-69 Camaros... "All Makes/All Models"??? You might want to clarify that. I also don't like the carb rule. Multiple carbs should be required in my opinion... Not much nostalgic about a single Dominator.

A new class name not including NSS is needed. You've gotten away from NSS big time.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 06:08 PM

Stephen I'm ready when you have the car done

Stephen one other thing I have always wondered. Why dont you SS guys have bigger motors built to test with? I know most every Pro Stock team uses biger engines to test with that make the same power numbers and are easier on parts. Never understood why you all dont do that to get the chassis all sorted out with. Just curious and WAY off topic.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 07:06 PM

the only other thing that i see is how to police the cubic inch i know 438 is well within the limits.

Boy, I sure an glad I had my motor destroked over the winter. LMAO

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 07:17 PM

Quote:

the only other thing that i see is how to police the cubic inch i know 438 is well within the limits.

thats gonna catch on quick yanno.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 08:15 PM

Quote:

Don you do not know what the word means. You only shift your car to 6500.

Real men shift at 8200to 8500.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 10:12 PM

I guess we will need to invest in an engine pump for this class....

We will run this class at monster mopar in Indy sept 21-23 and as soon as I get gateway squared away I will have that date as well.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 10:25 PM

good deal
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/26/11 11:53 PM

this post made me go buy another car before I saw it expanded to include the E body which I already have and only needs a few more ponies

Attached picture 6985596-001SMALL.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 12:21 AM

REAL men shift at 9500

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 12:32 AM

I wonder which motor it will get

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 02:15 AM

Quote:

I wonder which motor it will get

i got one of them.
Posted By: grncpe

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 02:34 AM

Why have the cuda's not been able to run in this? Just a question.I mean I like watching SS/DA & SS/EA,& sticks also.I would think you could drive up the car counts with this,and the spectators,given that they were set up period correct motor & paint wise.I am well overwight for this deal @ 3500 pounds.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 02:56 AM

Quote:

Why have the cuda's not been able to run in this? Just a question.I mean I like watching SS/DA & SS/EA,& sticks also.I would think you could drive up the car counts with this,and the spectators,given that they were set up period correct motor & paint wise.I am well overwight for this deal @ 3500 pounds.

Because then people will want Camaros and Mustangs and that will follow with '68 and up Chevelles and GTOs...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 02:57 AM

Heay , It's "OUTLAW" NSS? RIGHT? bring em all !!

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:01 AM

Quote:

All makes and models
Any tire
Any carb set up
Transbrake ok
Under 500cid 3000
Above 500cid 3300
point of view.
Wheelstands required
400 pro tree

Awesome Josh now we need to build a bigger bullet....

This is going to be a great class...
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:13 AM

I guess i will brake out my old 499 B1 motor it's only twenty years old new rods and pistons on the road again!!!!!!
Posted By: grncpe

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Because then people will want Camaros and Mustangs and that will follow with '68 and up Chevelles and GTOs...

Exactly I get that but this is Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss Right?
so why would there be any of those mentioned

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:27 AM

Not to sound like an a55 here but, if I say no camaros in the rules and no mustangs or gtos than that should be ok right

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:46 AM

Quote:

Not to sound like an a55 here but, if I say no camaros in the rules and no mustangs or gtos than that should be ok right

100 PER CENT RIGHT

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 03:57 AM

I actually believe NSS is missing out just a bit because of the lack of e bodies.

How many famous e bodies were stockers...... Mmmm sox and Martin for one.

And who cares if camaros and stangs would come run it. We should bust their a$$ anyway.

And to answer the other gentlemans question, yes it's monster mopar but we run by nmca NSS rules for the typical NSS class and that's an all makes class so I was just going to bleed that part of the NSS class over

Now which of you millionaires wants to sponsor this class?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 04:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All makes and models
Any tire
Any carb set up
Transbrake ok
Under 500cid 3000
Above 500cid 3300
point of view.
Wheelstands required
400 pro tree

Awesome Josh now we need to build a bigger bullet....

This is going to be a great class...

I see two problems with these rules. #1 getting these style cars to 3000 lbs is very expensive with the current N/SS format. 3300/3600lbs split would be closer to what most cars in this class run at now. #2 I would suggest .500 pro tree. Cars this heavy react poorly to a .400 tree. That way the cars could retain the large diameter front tires that look period correct. As far as trans brakes and big tires,They don't scare me. If I can't leave on time and hook that's my own fault. Just my 2 cents.
Doug

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 05:32 PM

I see this as a class for cars that run low nines to mid 8s.... cars that fast react just fine to a .400 pro tree and since this is heads up....not bracket, that reaction time really doesnt play the same roll in the race as it would a bracket race.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 05:38 PM

Quote:

I actually believe NSS is missing out just a bit because of the lack of e bodies.

And who cares if camaros and stangs would come run it. We should bust their a$$ anyway.

And to answer the other gentlemans question, yes it's monster mopar but we run by nmca NSS rules for the typical NSS class and that's an all makes class so I was just going to bleed that part of the NSS class over

So you're going to allow Camaros and Mustangs now?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 06:40 PM

just call the class "Outlaw Super Stock"

poppaj

Attached picture 6986705-IMG_1806.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So you're going to allow Camaros and Mustangs now?

No.....I was just making a comment about how it shouldnt matter

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 08:39 PM

Quote:

I see this as a class for cars that run low nines to mid 8s.... cars that fast react just fine to a .400 pro tree and since this is heads up....not bracket, that reaction time really doesnt play the same roll in the race as it would a bracket race.

Josh I respect you ,But. Reaction time really doesn't play a roll? Is that because the spread in E.T.s will be over a second? Show me a 3300lb car with 28" front tires that can go .400 I'll bet the list is real short. Whats the matter with a .500 Pro tree? This idea is getting further and further from its intended roots. There are but a hand full of N/SS cars in the 8s. They are 3000lb+ stock uni-body full interior cars. If it's N/SS, then lets make it N/SS. If a car doesn't fit ,then it can run another class. Otherwise I'd just call it Outlaw Musclecar and let all the tube chassis pre 69 cars run. They can run .400 tree and make the weight. My 2 cents.
Doug

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 08:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Josh I respect you ,But. Reaction time really doesn't play a roll? Is that because the spread in E.T.s will be over a second? Show me a 3300lb car with 28" front tires that can go .400 I'll bet the list is real short. Whats the matter with a .500 Pro tree? This idea is getting further and further from its intended roots. There are but a hand full of N/SS cars in the 8s. They are 3000lb+ stock uni-body full interior cars. If it's N/SS, then lets make it N/SS. If a car doesn't fit ,then it can run another class. Otherwise I'd just call it Outlaw Musclecar and let all the tube chassis pre 69 cars run. They can run .400 tree and make the weight. My 2 cents.
Doug

X2

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 09:12 PM

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 10:46 PM

I dont understand, what you going towards is two classes almost the same??? IF any of these NSS guys WANT to let them run in the extreme class.....Whats the prob?? Tire size????

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/27/11 10:56 PM

My 3400lb car has no issues hitting a .400 tree. Just saying...

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 12:29 AM

Quote:

I dont understand, what you going towards is two classes almost the same??? IF any of these NSS guys WANT to let them run in the extreme class.....Whats the prob?? Tire size????

kinda obvious the nss cars look like nss cars. i know iknow you have a back seat and a colum shifter. whats wrong with the nns cars having their own heads up class?

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 01:09 AM

Well the problem I'm having is not wanting the nss cars to have their own heads up class as I am with only giving nss cars that are already running in nss a heads up class.

I want to pull the fast nss cars and grab the Hemi cars that can't run nss and the guy who doesn't like nss but has a car that fits kinda, and the 20 guys who have ss/ah cars that dont like chasing a guy and his dad who have the field covered by 4 tenths of a second or they just run 8.80s with the car.

Does that seem to make more sense to people what my thought for the class was

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

Well the problem I'm having is not wanting the nss cars to have their own heads up class as I am with only giving nss cars that are already running in nss a heads up class.

I want to pull the fast nss cars and grab the Hemi cars that can't run nss and the guy who doesn't like nss but has a car that fits kinda, and the 20 guys who have ss/ah cars that dont like chasing a guy and his dad who have the field covered by 4 tenths of a second or they just run 8.80s with the car.

It's sounds like all the boys with swinging sacks can't make up your mine for you Josh. policing the class will take up all your time. Make the class list and see if you will have time to run the ss/ah/nss class to begin with. Remember with primadonna guys the never stops. The winner of all those cars I want in a Grudge match at the end of the night. Bring your swinging sack's.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It's sounds like all the boys with swinging sacks can't make up your mine for you Josh. policing the class will take up all your time. Make the class list and see if you will have time to run the ss/ah/nss class to begin with. Remember with primadonna guys the never stops. The winner of all those cars I want in a Grudge match at the end of the night. Bring your swinging sack's.

well now im confused,i thought in the beginning it was about nss cars now its not? and ill take some of scamp at milan any no et you want big boy,my sack isnt scared of you.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 01:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well now im confused,i thought in the beginning it was about nss cars now its not? and ill take some of scamp at milan any no et you want big boy,my sack isnt scared of you.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 01:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol mark.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol mark.

Sounds like it going to be a great time at Milan this year. Can't wait either, I should be at the No ET nationals and every Sunday if the $$$ holds up. As for being scared you shouldn't be. I want the most Arrogant full of him self all Mopar beer drinking Steak eating person racing next to me on the track. You should be wearing a diaper too.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 02:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol mark.

Sounds like it going to be a great time at Milan this year. Can't wait either, I should be at the No ET nationals and every Sunday if the $$$ holds up. As for being scared you shouldn't be. I want the most Arrogant full of him self all Mopar beer drinking Steak eating person racing next to me on the track. You should be wearing a diaper too.

well the most arrogant isnt on this board anymore that i know of,and if you are saying i need a diaper i dont think so im a big boy now. i can poop when i wanna.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol mark.

well the most arrogant isnt on this board anymore that i know of,and if you are saying i need a diaper i dont think so im a big boy now. i can poop when i wanna.

Josh Sorry about the Hijack. I can't run in the NSS/SSAH Class. Can't fit into the rules...... I will run the SP/ Quick class, They all require a diaper.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Baloney, I run with a group called the Midwest Superstock Mafia, and all the cars weigh at least 3200lbs,no tube chassis,all backhalf cars on a .400 pro tree. Its really the best way to go. There's no red lights,just good racing to the finish line. BTW,I run 28" tall tires and just over 3200lbs.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

Baloney, I run with a group called the Midwest Superstock Mafia, and all the cars weigh at least 3200lbs,no tube chassis,all backhalf cars on a .400 pro tree. Its really the best way to go. There's no red lights,just good racing to the finish line. BTW,I run 28" tall tires and just over 3200lbs.

dont forget that destroked engine

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:05 AM

Quote:

I not sure it would with the type converters and suspension set-up we run. Short front tires to boot. I've seen your car up close (very nice I'd love to have it). I wouldn't have bet it was that heavy. Don long wheel base foot brake cars don't cut .400 lights. In N/SS .000-.010 lights are attainable. I personally don't want to run a tree that my car doesn't have a chance to go .000. I thought this class started out N/SS. A legal N/SS car wouldn't fit this class very well. However I understand what Josh is saying. This class is designed to bring more cars in that don't normally run N/SS. In that context I think it's a great idea. More cars,better gate,bigger events can only be a positive thing. I plan on supporting Josh's events,but it'll be running N/SS which is fine with me. I hope the new class goes over big.
Doug

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I not sure it would with the type converters and suspension set-up we run. Short front tires to boot. I've seen your car up close (very nice I'd love to have it). I wouldn't have bet it was that heavy. I thought this class started out N/SS. A legal N/SS car wouldn't fit this class very well.
Doug

If you look at the cars running AAA/FX and AA/FX. they will fit in, they might have to add weight but other than that I don't see why not.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I not sure it would with the type converters and suspension set-up we run. Short front tires to boot. I've seen your car up close (very nice I'd love to have it). I wouldn't have bet it was that heavy. I thought this class started out N/SS. A legal N/SS car wouldn't fit this class very well.
Doug

If you look at the cars running AAA/FX and AA/FX. they will fit in, they might have to add weight but other than that I don't see why not.

I could not get that light in Lens car,but my car and take out 200 hmmmmm????????

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doug

It will be a lot of fun regardless. The .400 tree will allow some holeshot victories for a car a tenth or two slower if the other side sleeps. If nothing else it should draw a nice group of quick cars that normally aren't quite legal for FX. Mike CS and his 63'hemi polara is a great example along with the other Chicago outlaw racers.
poppaj

Attached picture 6987687-58634_10150263014510512_863140511_15070559_2133449_n.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:48 AM

I could not get that light in Lens car,but my car and take out 200 hmmmmm????????

Gary,you can't get Len's car to weigh 3300lbs?
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 04:52 AM

The lightest we could get that car is 3460 with me. Remember the only thing that is lightened on that car is hood.Len is not about cutting it up. That car is all steel and glass.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 06:27 AM

And Nss added the aaaaxf class.

I think we are on the right path for the faster cars to come play along.

Dvw I don't like not including every guy I can in everything we do, but I see what you mean. Foot brake guys are at a disadvantage. But the fastest foot brake cars could easily beat some of the Transbrake cars.

This should be more about bragging rights than anything I would hope.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 07:12 AM

Just for the record I am talking about my small tire car. Not the one in my sig picture, it's actually faster and can kill a .400 tree at 2900lbs but apples to oranges really. It weighs just under 3400lbs as it sits now, a tad overweight for our class right now. Here it is..BTW just seeingif it is someplace we might be welcome if we choose to go. Looks lik we will not have a place to race it this year out here due to the class being dropped so who knows.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 12/28/11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Just for the record I am talking about my small tire car. Not the one in my sig picture, it's actually faster and can kill a .400 tree at 2900lbs but apples to oranges really. It weighs just under 3400lbs as it sits now, a tad overweight for our class right now. Here it is..BTW just seeingif it is someplace we might be welcome if we choose to go. Looks lik we will not have a place to race it this year out here due to the class being dropped so who knows.

Al I didn't know you meant the silver car. I've seen it as during my winter treks. I'd love to see either one at Indy.
Doug

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/05/12 11:15 PM

So did everyone give up and decide this class was silly?
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 01:24 AM

be interesting to see how many show up,
I'm betting less than 5 cars that run 8.50 or quicker
either st louis or indy
the true NSS cars foot braking running 8.75 or quicker on 10.5 tires won't bother with the 14x32 transbrake cars

just a guess

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 03:35 AM

Quote:

Josh I was looking to set up my car for the Outlaw class... But if your not going to have it then Im running NSS....
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 03:41 AM

Quote:

be interesting to see how many show up,
I'm betting less than 5 cars that run 8.50 or quicker
either st louis or indy
the true NSS cars foot braking running 8.75 or quicker on 10.5 tires won't bother with the 14x32 transbrake cars

just a guess

I bet Doug Duell with the "Dragon Wagon" will disagree with that statement.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 03:43 AM

Quote:

didnt give up here ill be at indy, pass the salt please.

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 03:49 AM

I KNOW THAT THE KEEPING THE FAITH CAR WILL NOT RUN IT BECAUSE THEY WOULD SLOW DOWN 2 1/2 TENTHS OR MORE.

AS PAUL REMINDED ME THEY HAVE A REAL REAL REAL REAL CAR, SO I GUESS MINE IS MAKE BELIEVE.

Attached picture 7003723-Picture002.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 04:47 AM

salty old dog...

they are discussing it on another forum
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 01/06/12 03:35 PM

I'm probably all wet with this one, and judging from the cars owned by folks replying to this thread...I'm sure I am, but...I think that you could have an awesome, well represented, heads-up NSS class. In my mind it should be much more pure than aluminum-headed, 500 inch plus, mini-tubbed cars. How 'bout running stock displacement +.060 overbore, multi-carb only, 10.5" max tire (would love to see 9" stock eliminator tires used, with steel heads. Basically use the regular NSS rules, but run a minimum weight, and run them heads up. I'm thinking that low-11 second cars could play, but would get beaten pretty easily. A mid-ten second car would be very competative, and only the nastiest, high-budget race cars would run in the high 9's. Heck...make the class a breakout at 9.99! Just sayin'

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 02/19/12 01:52 AM

sooooooooooooo

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 04/29/12 02:45 PM

I think we née to bring this back to the top. June is coming fast
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: Monster Mopar Outlaw Nss - 04/30/12 12:01 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums