Mirror threads TTFMF!
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 03:01 PM

Quote:

Mirror threads TTFMF!

lol
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 03:06 PM

I wasnt there this past event, but yes it does. The feed back and everything I have heard is positive. Looking forward to this year.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 03:35 PM

I mean I know it's not nitrous assisted or naturally aspirated but in my opinion it's pretty cool
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 03:46 PM

Quote:

I mean I know it's not nitrous assisted or naturally aspirated but in my opinion it's pretty cool

It will bring the Mopar community together as one Family for 4 days of fun family racing. I was not able to be thier last year but the race team was and the report was all good.

Payout was Great!!!! EVEN WHEN IT WAS RAINED OUT!!!!
Posted By: B1Johnny

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 03:52 PM

i am the only tranny builder where i workso it is hard to gettime offbut i will be at monster mopar!!!!
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 04:52 PM

JOSH-----i was there--it was great--because i was there---period.

lol----it was a great time--i going to the next one--so behave.

Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/19/11 05:03 PM

The first one sucked because I did not get to go.

The next one I hope will be great as I don't intend to miss it.

The one I am really looking forward to is when a Monster Event gets within 500 miles of my home.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:10 AM

Great event,one of the best this year.
Posted By: Dustedu

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:16 AM

Great show
Posted By: W7 Duster

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:20 AM

Enjoyed the event, payed out on the rainout. Saturday night free food (whats better than that).
For a track that has the nhra flagship event, i would think the pits would be better (poor drainage,flooding after the rain). Track surface was second to none.
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:29 AM

YUP
Expecially being close to the peanut guy.....that was marvolus
We'll be saving for the next two in 2012
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:31 AM

Quote:

i am the only tranny builder where i workso it is hard to gettime offbut i will be at monster mopar!!!!

Hope you can make it Johnny... it would be nice to meet ya
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 01:35 AM

Josh
I have been to eveyone since the first one I have always had a good time even went to the 2011 event that is the first time I didn;t have ny car there but I came to show my support anyway
but I found out I don't make a good spectator
hope you have another one is St Louis Mo. where it all began

Attached picture 6975024-2010-2.jpg
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 09:18 PM

Does anyone have the total car count from this summers show in indy?
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 09:24 PM

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 10:59 PM

400 race cars
466 show cars
126 swap vendors
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 11:19 PM

Now that is impressive!!
Posted By: RBDuster

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 11:26 PM

Nope, it rained. That's why I'm planning on coming back.

Attached picture 6976355-305714_2172662630159_1054567484_32011584_1912023547_n.jpg
Posted By: SB Dakota

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 11:27 PM

yep it did.... it was very nice not to drive four to five hours to see a all mopar show . did not have the dakota there but hope to have it done by the next show. it was nice to have in our back yard for once.

Attached picture 6976357-th_Picture1063.jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/20/11 11:51 PM

Quote:

400 race cars
466 show cars
126 swap vendors

I was impressed by how well the event went.

For the first time at the new location and with "New Management" I think it was a great turnout.

Like it or not people resist change, they're set in their way of doing things. I'm as guilty of that as anyone.

Sometime change is a good thing, I think that you and your supporting staff did a fantastic job of making the event something that shouldn't be missed.
The weather is beyond every-ones control.

It could use some sort of evening/night time centralized cruise near the track planned out to make it more like the Mopar Nats (think Brice Rd or Heath).
Somewhere where for all the gear-heads to hang out and party.
We did stay in the pits at the track alot later on Saturday and enjoyed the band and the BBQ.
Still, it's not quite the same as a cruise.

Being from the St.Louis area do I miss the convenience of it being a local event?

Yes.

Hopefully you'll be able to do a May Monster Mopar event in St.Louis.

Will I keep going to Monster Mopar in Indy?

Absolutely Yes!

Alot of people plan out early in the year what events that they're planning on going to (planning vacation time and you gotta fit them in the budget, lol) so the more notice that you give them the better.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 12:01 AM

thru the years i've become fairly bored with the mopar events. they're basically all the same. i'll be at the goodguys that weekend, sorry.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 12:09 AM

Quote:

thru the years i've become fairly bored with the mopar events. they're basically all the same. i'll be at the goodguys that weekend, sorry.

What does a goodguys event have that impresses you?

I have travelled from coast to coast to go to a MOPAR show!
And i have never , not once been disapointed!!

I have goodguys shows in my backyard, and i have never been to one.

I dont plan on starting to go to them now either.

So what do they offer that us MOPAR people dont?

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 01:09 AM

Quote:

I actually kind of agree with him on this........

Mopar Nats, other Mopar Series that have been around, and other all Mopar events have been less than entertaining.

I am slowly trying to fix that.......

The more cool stuff I can get going during my events, the less likely I am to hear this remark.

But.....I wish I could sway you to give it a try atleast once.....I think you would be pleasantly suprised
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 01:15 AM

Yes I was impressed and look forward to next year. Don

Attached picture 6976560-Launch5-22-11.jpg
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 01:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

they have variety, evening events, a diverse group of vendors. they are run by friendly people. go to one and see the difference. mopar events are about somebody bragging about how much their car is worth or some bracket racer telling me how he "cut a good light". if "cutting a good light" is cool why don't people buy tickets to watch it? people will buy tickets to go to a goodguys event who don't know anything about cars, just to look at hot rods! mopar/chrysler products are about something more than bracket racers and 60's-70's musclecars. what about the early 300's, aero cars (not wings), antiques, nascar, nobody invites them. its just the same old worn out theme. i used to be a die hard mopar show goer, but no more. car fun is someplace else.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 01:58 AM

I see your point. That makes sense.

Thanks for explaining it.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 02:12 AM

Quote:

to disagree, but to agree. Sounds like we will rebuild the Monster Mopar Event to be the greatest event around.But it will take time to get all on board with the concept.

Mopars against the World.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 02:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they have variety, evening events, a diverse group of vendors. they are run by friendly people. go to one and see the difference. mopar events are about somebody bragging about how much their car is worth or some bracket racer telling me how he "cut a good light". if "cutting a good light" is cool why don't people buy tickets to watch it? people will buy tickets to go to a goodguys event who don't know anything about cars, just to look at hot rods! mopar/chrysler products are about something more than bracket racers and 60's-70's musclecars. what about the early 300's, aero cars (not wings), antiques, nascar, nobody invites them. its just the same old worn out theme. i used to be a die hard mopar show goer, but no more. car fun is someplace else.

to your point, Monster Mopar has a Aero Car Reunion that includes the Non Mopar cars like the Talladegas and other brand x vehicles, we also allow brand x NSS cars to compete for the same reasons you mention. Its more about the era than JUST mopars....we do have bracket racing, but atleast we have racing, Goodguys gave that up.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 02:44 AM

well back in the day M M W was just a Sunday deal, you had a test tune and the jackpot run on sat afternoon that was it, then the regular points meet in the eve if you wanted to run that, you had to go back to the gate get another tech card to run.
It has grown over the years as a full blown car show, drag race, swap meet.
after being to all of them , never been bored! But I do see that exhibition cars are lacking, its hard because just not to many wheel standers left, Sparticus and son are gone, jets cars just , jet cars?
but I'm a drag racer car show guy anyway.
I guess you could 'spice' it up with some chebby stuff, froids,
nah , they got their own stuff, and you can't you can't run you'r mopars there!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 03:12 AM

I also mised it. Hope to be there this year though as it sounded like a good time.

is there a picture thread from the event?

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 03:15 AM

I never liked the Good Guys show. Trailer Queens and a car that's built to the walls with no balls to get down the track, but looks good sitting in the grass..

Oh sitting in the lawn chairs watching the people walk buy is just not fun.

Come to a Monster Mopar show to see the Mopars against the World. (Sound good Josh.)

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 03:25 AM

Quote:

to disagree, but to agree. Sounds like we will rebui
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 06:32 AM

I would be impressed only if the promoters would be on nitrous oxide! Since there would be a lot more laughing!
Posted By: SG duster

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 12:34 PM

from the photos Iv seen yes, nice line up of tuff race cars, most impressive, but Im well over it with mopar only meetings here in qld Aust we have 3 to 4 per year, just too many of the same ol same ol streeter stuff

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 04:03 PM

Bob

Go to monstermopar.tumblr.com

I'm uploading all the pictures there

There are a bunch on monster Mopars Facebook page as well as forabodiesonly.com
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 04:43 PM

I'm impressed by all the good things I've heard about this race and would like to attend one in the near future.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/21/11 06:30 PM

Heck No I'm not impressed!! Darn Promomter didn't hire any Indians to do a "Stop the Rain Dance".
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 12:34 AM

Quote:

Heck No I'm not impressed!! Darn Promomter didn't hire any Indians to do a "Stop the Rain Dance".

How true. Instead I was able to share some brews with some great friends and families !!
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 12:34 AM

Picking up new motor a week before indy, Finding out your rims don't work with the 10.5. Over night new rims mounting new wheels and thursday morning driving twelve and half hours Qualifying second of the trailer!!!!!! PRICELESS........
Josh you did a great job you are the man i had a great weekend and i will be back!!!!!

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 01:41 AM

Quote:

Bob

Go to monstermopar.tumblr.com

I'm uploading all the pictures there

There are a bunch on monster Mopars Facebook page as well as forabodiesonly.com

i don't do f book so i'll look over on for a bodies and tumbler.

thx!
Posted By: demongup

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:05 AM

Quote:

I'm impressed by all the good things I've heard about this race and would like to attend one in the near future.

When u show up maybe u want to line up against one of those unimpressive tt5 N20 cars...... Just sayin

Posted By: fishy340

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:12 AM

lol good one!
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:16 AM

Great Event
Only downside imo was too many different classes for racing.
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:26 AM

Josh,the only thing wrong with monster mopar was the rain and we cant blame that on you. great event we will be there next year and we will try and claim the 11 .o shoot out .great event!!!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:28 AM

Well there wasn't any coleslaw wrestling or even a dwarf tossing contest, so no I'm not drivin' 20 hours for that...

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

When u show up maybe u want to line up against one of those unimpressive tt5 N20 cars...... Just sayin

Already faster than most of them but my car has fat tires. I asked Santa Claus for a NOS system so you never know. This dogs to old for new tricks but there's always whiskyrunner. He LOVES nitrous.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 02:41 AM

for my first mm it was my first race at an event so big and to race against so many unknown racers[kinda intimidating],but once i got a few rounds under my belt in the gamblers race it was all better.i went back several more times,and plan on hitting the indy race this year.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Already faster than most of them but my car has fat tires. I asked Santa Claus for a NOS system so you never know. This dogs to old for new tricks but there's always whiskyrunner. He LOVES nitrous.

NEW TRICKS ???? I thought....
"Anybody can go out and spend 400.00 and bolt on a SYSTEM, open a valve, and push a button. What is the skill involved with that"

C"mon old dog how fast is that big tire,big wing ,10 ft wheelie ,2400 lb car run?

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NEW TRICKS ???? I thought....
"Anybody can go out and spend 400.00 and bolt on a SYSTEM, open a valve, and push a button. What is the skill involved with that"

C"mon old dog how fast is that big tire,big wing ,10 ft wheelie ,2400 lb car run?

She should be knock en on 7's door but lets not hijack Josh's post about some great upcoming races.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:19 AM

you guys go ahead.....

Guppy and all the other heads up guys.....maybe we should let NA guys run big tires and play with us

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:28 AM

Quote:

you guys go ahead.....

Guppy and all the other heads up guys.....maybe we should let NA guys run big tires and play with us

Your always thinking Josh and that's why you will be the BEST race promoter out there.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:34 AM

Really I just listen....... you guys do the work for me....

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:41 AM

2400lbs, bigtires and its not in the 7's???

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:50 AM

Quote:

Its a budget build. Built by a self trained shade tree Millwright/engine builder. ME.
I'm not wealthy like a lot of our members so I can't afford to have my heads ported by this guy and my engine built by this guy. Its slow but then again aren't all NA engines.
Signed: The old retired old school DUDE.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Its a budget build. Built by a self trained shade tree Millwright/engine builder. ME.
I'm not wealthy like a lot of our members so I can't afford to have my heads ported by this guy and my engine built by this guy. Its slow but then again aren't all NA engines.

So what your sayin is that your not mr lebowski... Your the dude

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So what your sayin is that your not mr lebowski... Your the dude

Hey some guy from canada called me a DUDE so I'm runnin with it.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 04:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm Im a broke [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean], built my own headers, motor, plumbed my own nitrous ( SO EASY TOO) Put my ladder bars in, on and on Anyone knows me im cheap as they come...So dont let the high$$$$$$dollar excuse be your out....I towed 13hrs to Indy on an OPEN trailer...

You said it your self, the nitrous cars DONT impress you , so show us how its really done...

Oh and when i rolled over the scale, Bob did a double take..
2400?!?!?!

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 04:49 AM

Quote:

you guys go ahead.....

No need for all that, anyone can strap on some tt5's and compete ,its as easy as hitting the n2o button ,lol

Maybe old yeller can get a grudge run against the "DUDE"

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 05:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm Im a broke [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean], built my own headers, motor, plumbed my own nitrous ( SO EASY TOO) Put my ladder bars in, on and on Anyone knows me im cheap as they come...So dont let the high$$$$$$dollar excuse be your out....I towed 13hrs to Indy on an OPEN trailer...

You said it your self, the nitrous cars DONT impress you , so show us how its really done...

Oh and when i rolled over the scale, Bob did a double take..
2400?!?!?!

Headers. You made your own custom headers. I made mine out of my ex wife's hoover sweeper. I got one over on her. 11 years later and she's still looking for that dog gone sweeper.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 12/22/11 05:12 AM

sounds like alot of fun! i'll have to try and save some vacation days for next year.

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 04/04/12 02:27 AM

did you take your vacation time yet?
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 04/04/12 02:42 AM

Quote:

did you take your vacation time yet?

last post was DEC 21 .
Wow time to revive ,
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 04/04/12 03:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I usually have to pick between the 7 hour trip to Mopars at Carlisle or the 20 minute trip to go to the GoodGuys Columbus / National Trail (on Friday Night ). Both events are usually the same weekend, except leap year? I stay closer to home and save about 8-9 hundred dollars in travel and lodging. What do I do with that money? I spend it on my racer to go to the Mopar Races. Josh, try to schedule your race on a dry weekend. I scheduled my dry weekend on June 23-24 at National Trail Raceway for "The Spring Nostalgia Nationals".
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: Does Monster Mopar Weekend impress you? - 04/04/12 08:12 PM

even though it rain last year @ josh's race,it was a great time.
we had an "indian"dance and prayed the the rain god---but they still came. o'well maybe next time the "sun" gods will bless the race.
© 2024 Moparts Forums